PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fans survey website Re: Rangers liquidation.

Cheshire Hibee
07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Have been reading the Rangers in admin thread and hear a lot about fans refusing to go if rangers go into liquidation and reform as a newco and allowed automatic re entry to the SPL.

I have spoke with my son who is a web designer about the feasability about him developing a website with specific questions re possible scenarios in event of liqudation of RFC. He won't have a problem developing the site however we need to think about the type of questions to ask so we can get supporters of all SPL clubs views.

The intention would be to send links to the site for fans forums for all SPL clubs so that they to can give their views.

I would appreciate feedback as to whether its worth the time & effort and if yes we need suggestions on the site name as well as questions to be asked.

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Under what circumstances Would you approve of a newco rangers being allowed into the SPL?
- no circumstances
- points deduction over number of years
- ban from Europe for number of years
- fine
- Just let them back in with no sanctions

What would your response be to rangers being allowed back into the SPL?
- I would continue to buy a season ticket
- I would continue to go to regular games
- I would boycott Ibrox
- I would stop going to SPL games altogether

What size league would you like?
-16 (2 teams relegated)
-18 (1 automatic relegation, then next 2 play 2nd & 3rd in first division in play off)

Who do you support?
-option for all SPL clubs
-an sfl team

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Under what circumstances Would you approve of a newco rangers being allowed into the SPL?
- no circumstances
- fine

- I would boycott Ibrox

-16 (2 teams relegated)
-18 (1 automatic relegation, then next 2 play 2nd & 3rd in first division in play off)

Who do you support?
-an sfl team

That bit is out of our/SFA's hands. The standard UEFA ban is 3 years.

BarneyK
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
The only way I could stomach such a situation is if they're hit with a 10 year £4k a year wage cap and are forced to donate a high percentage of any operating profit to charity or back into the game. Would be grand to see them forced into competing with other SPL sides on a level playing field. We'd see how many of their fans really do walking away then.

MCameron
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Would need to make sure it couldn't be hijacked (eg by multiple posts from same person).

PatHead
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Keep any survey simple. Don't go into anything other than the Rangers question. Something along the lines of

In the event of Rangers going into liquidation should a "Pheonix" club be allowed to continue in the Scottish Premier League for the following season?

Yes

Yes but only with a points penalty

No they should have to re-apply to the Scottish League and start in the lower divisions of Scottish Football

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
This has to be done somewhere, there seems to be some sort of blanket ban in the media re the level of upset amongst non Rangers fans it they get away relatively scot free with this situation, I hope the SPL Chairmen are aware of how much of a backlash from disillusioned fans there is likely to be.

basehibby
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
- no circumstances
- fine

- I would boycott Ibrox
- I would boycott all Rangers matches home and away and neutral venues

-16 (2 teams relegated)

Who do you support?
-an sfl team

I've added an option to Q2 highlighted above to show what my own intended action would be. NB that's assuming they went into liquidation and were allowed straight back into the SPL.

Hibercelona
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
This has to be done somewhere, there seems to be some sort of blanket ban in the media re the level of upset amongst non Rangers fans it they get away relatively scot free with this situation, I hope the SPL Chairmen are aware of how much of a backlash from disillusioned fans there is likely to be.

:agree:

Makes me sick to my stomach. The media making us all out to be "worried" about the Rangers situation.

None of us can wait for them to die.

PatHead
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I've added an option to Q2 highlighted above to show what my own intended action would be. NB that's assuming they went into liquidation and were allowed straight back into the SPL.

So if Hibs were in the Scottish Cup final against Rangers you would allow them to get all the tickets and not have any support backing Hibs. You know it wouldn't happen as other Hibs supporters would go along or Rangers would win that way as well.

One of the most stupid responses possible.

jgl07
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
One point that should be added.

My view is if a newco Rangers are admitted to the SPL, as far as I am concerned Scottish Football would be finished.

I would not attend matches, and not watch them on TV. I would also boycott any sponsors of the SPL.

It is all about preserving the integrity of the competition.

Those who worry about losing out on TV deals and a few visiting fans each year, might like to reflect on the loss of their own supporters.

Saorsa
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM

My view is if a newco Rangers are admitted to the SPL, as far as I am concerned Scottish Football would be finished.

I would not attend matches, and not watch them on TV. I would also boycott any sponsors of the SPL.

Those who worry about losing out on TV deals and a few visiting fans each year, might like to reflect on the loss of their own supporters.This.

WarringtonHibee
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Would need to make sure it couldn't be hijacked (eg by multiple posts from same person).

I'd either log IP addresses or use e-mail verification to help prevent spamming. :agree:

Hibs Class
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM

Those who worry about losing out on TV deals and a few visiting fans each year, might like to reflect on the loss of their own supporters.

This.

Me too.

MacBean
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
a "starter" question about how many games the survey taker attends should be added, to give a true impact of how it would affect attendances. Eg:

How often do you attend your SPL teams matches?
Season Ticket holder - all home games
The odd home & away game
All 38 games

WindyMiller
07-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Correct.

:aok:

Cheshire Hibee
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
With regard to website we are looking to set up a site possibly called SPL fans survey which we are hoping can be used for further fans surveys in future such as league reorganisation etc.

In this case I think we should keep it as simple as possible in the event RFC do go into liquidation and how we as fans would react.

We are looking at the following questions would appreciate feedback however we would like to get this up and running by the weekend so would admins consider making the thread a stickie?

1. If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco should they be allowed immediate re-entry to the SPL.

Yes

No

In the event the way where allowed entry as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club how would you respond.

1. Would you continue to attend SPL games.

Yes

No

Or yes but would boycott any fixture involving the Newco/RFC

Which club do you support.

any other comments:-

With regard to the which club do you support this will be a drop down option listing all SPL/SFL clubs.

To prevent multiple submissions from the same person on submission it will either log your IP adress or use email verification.

Would appreciate feedback on content.

Saorsa
07-03-2012, 08:03 PM
With regard to website we are looking to set up a site possibly called SPL fans survey which we are hoping can be used for further fans surveys in future such as league reorganisation etc.

In this case I think we should keep it as simple as possible in the event RFC do go into liquidation and how we as fans would react.

We are looking at the following questions would appreciate feedback however we would like to get this up and running by the weekend so would admins consider making the thread a stickie?

1. If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco should they be allowed immediate re-entry to the SPL.

Yes

No

In the event the way where allowed entry as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club how would you respond.

1. Would you continue to attend SPL games.

Yes

No

Or yes but would boycott any fixture involving the Newco/RFC

Which club do you support.

any other comments:-

With regard to the which club do you support this will be a drop down option listing all SPL/SFL clubs.

To prevent multiple submissions from the same person on submission it will either log your IP adress or use email verification.

Would appreciate feedback on content.I think it's fine as you suggest, nae point in over complicating IMO.