PDA

View Full Version : Yams Am I alone in thinking this?

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not really bothered about the state of Rangers at the moment and I think we all know that they will come through this.

What annoys me (greatly) is that HOMOFC seem to have been overlooked in matters relating to money problems, it's not rocket science that something along the lines of what's been happening at Ibrox must surely be going on at the pink arena, I really don't think for one minute that the mad one hasn't done something like this as it's quite clear he is a crook (or daft, take your pick) and is up to no good behind the scenes.

Am I alone in thinking this?, do you guys think the SFA should investigate?

Opinions please.

brog
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I think MV is sitting quietly at the moment waiting to see what happens at Ibrox & if they get favourable treatment, either financially or in football sense. Once dust has settled I think we'll see action at PBS. I'm also astonished that Yams, who are biggest football creditors, way ahead of Pars & Arabs, have not been screaming from rooftops. Makes me think a deal has been cut or will already happen.

Andy74
07-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I am noticing that Hearts fans are lining up on Scotsman threads and the like to call Rangers cheats and tax dodgers.

It looks like whatever they arranged in Janaury to keep them going has wiped all the cash issues at the ir own club from their minds.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I am noticing that Hearts fans are lining up on Scotsman threads and the like to call Rangers cheats and tax dodgers.

It looks like whatever they arranged in Janaury to keep them going has wiped all the cash issues at the ir own club from their minds.

I've seen that as well, remarkable to say the least, but I think most of them must be running scared deep down that the taxman or any other financial body is going to come knocking on their door to have a wee look at the books (which are obviously cooked).

Meantime they pleasure themselves thinking that's not going to happen to them, silly silly fools.

greenginger
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I think MV is sitting quietly at the moment waiting to see what happens at Ibrox & if they get favourable treatment, either financially or in football sense. Once dust has settled I think we'll see action at PBS. I'm also astonished that Yams, who are biggest football creditors, way ahead of Pars & Arabs, have not been screaming from rooftops. Makes me think a deal has been cut or will already happen.

Yeah, but they won't be out of pocket until their next installment is due in July. Can't very well complain about not getting paid until you are due to be paid.

But, I suppose you can if you are a Yam. :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
They've completely forgotton about their own mess.

I've even had some of these bams telling me that they hope Hibs go out of business soon as if we're the ones on the edge. :crazy:

lucky
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
The Yams are ignoring their problems just like we are with the crap team that's has won once at home in the league this season. Everyone rejoices in the demise of rivals whilst ignoring their own problems. Human nature.

Andy74
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
The Yams are ignoring their problems just like we are with the crap team that's has won once at home in the league this season. Everyone rejoices in the demise of rivals whilst ignoring their own problems. Human nature.

Yeah, it's hardly been mentioned on here how bad we've been. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah, it's hardly been mentioned on here how bad we've been. :rolleyes:

Just a hunch.

But perhaps because things are beginning to look up a little? :dunno:

Andy74
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Just a hunch.

But perhaps because things are beginning to look up a little? :dunno:

Sorry, I wasn't being serious. The poster was suggesting that we have our heads in the sand over how bad we are and instead focusing on the position of others.

I was trying to suggest that actually we have been banging on it great depth for some time about how bad we are!! We are fully aware.

Now, if Hearts fans could be quite so up front about the problems they are facing...

Hibercelona
07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Sorry, I wasn't being serious. The poster was suggesting that we have our heads in the sand over how bad we are and instead focusing on the position of others.

I was trying to suggest that actually we have been banging on it great depth for some time about how bad we are!! We are fully aware.

Now, if Hearts fans could be quite so up front about the problems they are facing...

:aok:

I think we've been a bit better on here lately compared to recent times. The fudbos will never face their problems though, because they're all far too deluded to realize that they actually have any problems at all. But thats ok, a slow silent death will do. :wink:

MB62
08-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Regardless of whether derhun survives or not, they will not be allowed entry in to Europe next season as it looks certain their accounts for the past year will not be signed off before the March 31st deadline.

This would put the Yams right in the race for Europe again but have they signed off their own set of accounts yet for the same period?

greenginger
08-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Regardless of whether derhun survives or not, they will not be allowed entry in to Europe next season as it looks certain their accounts for the past year will not be signed off before the March 31st deadline.

This would put the Yams right in the race for Europe again but have they signed off their own set of accounts yet for the same period?

Just checked Companies House web site . No Hearts accounts for last year submitted yet, shows accounts to 30/6/2011 as overdue since 31st December 2011.

Saying that their accounts last year were dated 31st March but not submitted to the middle of May doubling the fine for late submission of accounts. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 09:09 AM
If Hearts do get their accounts in by 31 March, but the audit report is the same as last year, then I reckon Europe is a no-go. Reading the admins statement yesterday about the Huns, I think Hearts would fall down on the "going concern" criterion.

Caversham Green
08-03-2012, 09:21 AM
If Hearts do get their accounts in by 31 March, but the audit report is the same as last year, then I reckon Europe is a no-go. Reading the admins statement yesterday about the Huns, I think Hearts would fall down on the "going concern" criterion.

As I said on the PM board, they have a bigger problem this year. In previous years the auditors have said that HoMFC was only a going concern thanks to the financial support of its parent company. Since then the club's official website has stated that that financial support is no longer available. The obvious conclusion is that HoMFC is no longer a going concern, and in those circumstances they will have real difficulty getting any audit report at all.

StevieC
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Two totally different situations.

I'm not sure if Hearts went down the EBT route, but if they did then the HMRC probably wont pursue until the Rangers BTC is resolved.

There time will come and, on the plus side, we have the opportunity to have a good laugh at Rangers while we're waiting.

:wink:

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM

I'm not sure if Hearts went down the EBT route, but if they did then the HMRC probably wont pursue until the Rangers BTC is resolved.

There time will come and, on the plus side, we have the opportunity to have a good laugh at Rangers while we're waiting.

Can you imagine the mind-**** if they were both going down at the same time.? I really don't think we could cope.

Nah... RFC are merely the support for the main act.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
As I said on the PM board, they have a bigger problem this year. In previous years the auditors have said that HoMFC was only a going concern thanks to the financial support of its parent company. Since then the club's official website has stated that that financial support is no longer available. The obvious conclusion is that HoMFC is no longer a going concern, and in those circumstances they will have real difficulty getting any audit report at all.

None at all? Even one that says "we haven't a scoobie"?

(remember I got out of audits as soon as I could!)

MB62
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Not when you are talking about getting accounts signed off in time it's not shirley. Doesn't matter what the ultimate financial reason is for it, if they are not signed off the reason doesn't matter.

Caversham Green
08-03-2012, 09:32 AM
None at all? Even one that says "we haven't a scoobie"?

(remember I got out of audits as soon as I could!)

In theory, it would be a disagreement - the accounts do NOT show a true and fair view - they would then have to give an outline of what they felt the position was, which entails carrying out a whole lot of new work. In practice they would be incurring costs against a company that in their opinion was not a going concern, so they wouldn't get paid - that's both unethical and uncommercial.

I've no doubt they'll find a way round it, but it will need some furious backtracking by Vlad - if it was me I would be looking for a full and public statement to the effect that he had changed his mind about the financial support before I started work.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
In theory, it would be a disagreement - the accounts do NOT show a true and fair view - they would then have to give an outline of what they felt the position was, which entails carrying out a whole lot of new work. In practice they would be incurring costs against a company that in their opinion was not a going concern, so they wouldn't get paid - that's both unethical and uncommercial.

I've no doubt they'll find a way round it, but it will need some furious backtracking by Vlad - if it was me I would be looking for a full and public statement to the effect that he had changed his mind about the financial support before I started work.

In practical terms, though, the main effect is that the UEFA rules aren't satisfied, is that it? It's not going to affect the attitudes of suppliers and the likes, because they all know Hearts are done.

The SFA/SPL are making noises now about Financial Fair Play... by the time those proposed rules come into play, who knows what teams will still be here?

s.a.m
08-03-2012, 09:49 AM

If there were any concerned citizens out there, would it be worth them making sure that the auditors are up to date with Mr Romanov's stated intentions?:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
If there were any concerned citizens out there, would it be worth them making sure that the auditors are up to date with Mr Romanov's stated intentions?:greengrin

Um... auditors read the papers :na na:

greenginger
08-03-2012, 10:06 AM

I think there was a half hearted attempt to do this in January when it was said Vlad changed his mind about selling the Yams and his Bank was now open in Edinburgh :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I think there was a half hearted attempt to do this in January when it was said Vlad changed his mind about selling the Yams and his Bank was now open in Edinburgh :confused:

Does anyone know how this bank is doing? full of yammy fuds for accounts no doubt :agree:

Imagine anybody opening an account in it? you really should see a shrink after it, there again I'm a RBS customer...:rolleyes:

:greengrin

greenginger
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know how this bank is doing? full of yammy fuds for accounts no doubt :agree:

Imagine anybody opening an account in it? you really should see a shrink after it, there again I'm a RBS customer...:rolleyes:

:greengrin

The Bank has never opened to the public. Have a look next time your in Castle Street, the door is always shut , although sometimes there is a scruffy looking individual outside for a fag.
They maybe doing some business bank work ( could even take in "laundry" for all I know) but its not a bank as such.:greengrin

jgl07
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM

That is presumably the reason for the delay as no auditors would sign the accounts off given the statements from UBIG about not supporting the club financially.

Even if they were prepared to give those assurances, there is doubt if UBIG are actually good for the money. The delays in wages etc may have been on a "won't pay" motivation but could have been a "can't pay" situation.

Rangers are taking the heat off the non-appearance of Heart's accounts. Eitjher way I can't see either qualifying for Europe this season.

As things stand it looks like Celtic and Motherwell for the CL and Dundee United and St Johnstone plus the cup winners or cup runners' up for the EL.

If the cup final is between say Celtic and Motherwell, it is possible that a team in the bottom six could qualify for the Europa League on League position!

greenginger
08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=jgl07;3140176]That is presumably the reason for the delay as no auditors would sign the accounts off given the statements from UBIG about not supporting the club financially.

Even if they were prepared to give those assurances, there is doubt if UBIG are actually good for the money. The delays in wages etc may have been on a "won't pay" motivation but could have been a "can't pay" situation.

UBIG needed to sell their holding in the Ukio Bankas in January , and that was bought by Vlad himself. I don't think their is much else ready sellable in the UBIG cupboard.

How long that kitty lasts will depend on how many calls there is for it. We will see in about 10 days time if the Yams pay day passes smoothly.