PDA

View Full Version : Rangers liquidation "inevitable"

Rivers Cuomo
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/299996-in-full-rangers-director-dave-kings-statement/

down-the-slope
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
He better be able to back up all of what he says....it paints an even blacker picture of things....

If true sentiment then his statement that a stronger - if more humble - Celtic and Rangers are required...is at least some recognition of how things have been

Andy74
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/299996-in-full-rangers-director-dave-kings-statement/

All these references to sacred traditions and Rangers as an institution make me ill.

It's supposed to be a football club.

He also seems to ignore that his list of good guys were all involved in a tax evasion scheme and that previous titles were not 'earned' fairly.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
My heart bleeds.

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I'll be gutted if they don't die. These folk are getting my hopes up.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
All these references to sacred traditions and Rangers as an institution make me ill.

It's supposed to be a football club.

He also seems to ignore that his list of good guys were all involved in a tax evasion scheme and that previous titles were not 'earned' fairly.

...including him :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Echo your sentiments, really want them to be obliterated off the face of the planet, horrible horrible vile institution

Pretty Boy
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Echo your sentiments, really want them to be obliterated off the face of the planet, horrible horrible vile institution

There's too many folk sit on the fence for my liking these days.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
There's too many folk sit on the fence for my liking these days.

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
There was a really good point, very well made by the ex Aberdeen Chief Executive on the STV news. He pointed out that when RFC vetoed changes to the league and didn't want to look at SPL TV, they were largely driven by what was good for them and the rest of the SPL could GTF.They were more concerned about sitting at the table with " big" European teams and were all but ashamed of our league and set up. Why should others think of RFC now? Reap what you sow.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
There was a really good point, very well made by the ex Aberdeen Chief Executive on the STV news. He pointed out that when RFC vetoed changes to the league and didn't want to look at SPL TV, they were largely driven by what was good for them and the rest of the SPL could GTF.They were more concerned about sitting at the table with " big" European teams and were all but ashamed of our league and set up. Why should others think of RFC now? Reap what you sow.

I suppose thats what big institutions do, look after number1. :rolleyes:

Well i certainly hope enough clubs remember that. Let them rot in hell, let them feel the full force of justice.

Anything less than demotion to the 3rd division will finish it for a lot of folk, the game needs to see justice, if it doesn't then its finished, what would be the point of scottish football, other than to help finance a bigoted club who actually cheat to finish above the rest?

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Well i certainly hope enough clubs remember that. Let them rot in hell, let them feel the full force of justice.

Anything less than demotion to the 3rd division will finish it for a lot of folk, the game needs to see justice, if it doesn't then its finished, what would be the point of scottish football, other than to help finance a bigoted club who actually cheat to finish above the rest?

Spot on.

Malonga's Cat
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM

I feel your optimism! I really hope they go under. :lolrangers:

Onion
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM

Totally agree with this, but while there are hundreds of thousands of Hun votes up for grabs for any political party (and Alex Salmon) ANYTHING is possible. Anyone who thinks the wheels of justice turn without little help and spanner from the powers that be (and who usually treat football with disdain) haven't thought this through.

The hordes of Huns will remember those that helped them in their our of need (media and political), and those that didn't. Why else do you think these dirty Huns are getting such a good press in amongst all this crime and cheating ? If the SNP disaffect all the Huns by appearing not to care - or worst still, forcing justice upon them - it could be enough to sway the independence vote.

Aldo
07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
They have been mismanaged for years and it's finally come back to bite them in the arse....big time.

There are a couple of the great unwashed supporters at work and they are still in total denial. They think it's a conspiracy against them. Deluded **** Witt.

They are a vile institute that promote sectarian violence and what it's associated with and I cannot wait for their total and utter demise.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Totally agree with this, but while there are hundreds of thousands of Hun votes up for grabs for any political party (and Alex Salmon) ANYTHING is possible. Anyone who thinks the wheels of justice turn without little help and spanner from the powers that be (and who usually treat football with disdain) haven't thought this through.

The hordes of Huns will remember those that helped them in their our of need (media and political), and those that didn't. Why else do you think these dirty Huns are getting such a good press in amongst all this crime and cheating ? If the SNP disaffect all the Huns by appearing not to care - or worst still, forcing justice upon them - it could be enough to sway the independence vote.

I'm not sure the Scottish Nats have any role to play other than lip service in this? Backing them in words and print is one thing, it also alienates the rest of the country who dont agree.

This will be down to the suits at Hampden, and justice needs to be seen to be done. If its not, the games ****ed.

jgl07
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM

For every vote tobe won by bending the rules there are three or four votes to be lost.

The hordes of Huns will remember those that helped them in their our of need (media and political), and those that didn't. Why else do you think these dirty Huns are getting such a good press in amongst all this crime and cheating ? If the SNP disaffect all the Huns by appearing not to care - or worst still, forcing justice upon them - it could be enough to sway the independence vote.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can see it now. Alex Salmond's pro independence rally being attending by a load of union flag waving Huns singing 'Rule Britannia'.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
For every vote tobe won by bending the rules there are three or four votes to be lost.

Yes I can see it now. Alex Salmond's pro independence rally being attending by a load of union flag waving Huns singing 'Rule Britannia'.[/QUOTE]

The irony in that but yet so truthful:greengrin......If SNP do get involved they will potentially lose more votes in the process. Can't see them getting involved, must be kept in house, and they must be dealt with in the strictest way, justice must prevail

Cropley10
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
The proposal to sell off the assets, and liquidate RFC (IA) still has many pitfalls
What assets would a purchaser be buying ?
1 Not Ibrox & Murray Park which are owned by a company that is not in administration according to D&D
2 Not the players, who would become free agents
3 Not the SFA and SPL licenses, which are not transferable, which would mean no football
The three basic requirements for a football club, would therefore be missing
So, just what assets would be transferred in the event of a quick sale ?

sahib
07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
The proposal to sell off the assets, and liquidate RFC (IA) still has many pitfalls
1 Not Ibrox & Murray Park which are owned by a company that is not in administration according to D&D
3 Not the SFA and SPL licenses, which are not transferable, which would mean no football

Not a businessman, but Rangers are a well know brand and that is about all some companies seem to be these days. They have been a profitable, good going, business for more than 100 years - with an extremely loyal(ist) customer base. Get rid of this one off tax problem and you would have a steady little earner. My plan would be to liquidate the company and start again debt free I am surprised no no one has come up with this solution.:wink:
I seriously think it is all planned.

Baader
07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Somehow think the days of Sash singing, Buckie swilling disgusting Huns (not referring to their Gorgie cousins here) walking down Easter Rd will be with us for a lot longer.. Whether or not Rangers FC continue as we know them, someone will utilise their fanbase in a new guise.

Bighoose
07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Everyone mentions their fanbase, but lets look at this NewCo Rangers -

- They will have hardly any assets e.g. no decent players
- They could be paying to rent their own ground/training centre
- They will still have debts/creditors to pay off
- They will be penalised by league to let them back in. (Points and money for at least 3 years)
- They wont be in Europe for a minimum of 3 years, so no income there also

So unless theirs a Rich, Protestant, Sheik out there willing to give up £50M, in all probability they wont be winning anything for a few years. So I wonder how many of the fans will still be following them after all that? 8-10K if they are very lucky.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Everyone mentions their fanbase, but lets look at this NewCo Rangers -

- They will have hardly any assets e.g. no decent players
- They could be paying to rent their own ground/training centre
- They will still have debts/creditors to pay off
- They will be penalised by league to let them back in. (Points and money for at least 3 years)
- They wont be in Europe for a minimum of 3 years, so no income there also

So unless theirs a Rich, Protestant, Sheik out there willing to give up £50M, in all probability they wont be winning anything for a few years. So I wonder how many of the fans will still be following them after all that? 8-10K if they are very lucky.

Sorry, but this would be my chosen scenario for Rangers if I were advising them on the way forward. It would be the same for Hearts. Start again with little assets, next to no money, playing cheap kids..... but , crucially , no debt and a large core support. Within 3-5 years they would be back in the top league, properly financed this time.

As for your £50m.... double it and you might be nearer what's needed.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM

Missed this. When did they say it?

The Harp Awakes
08-03-2012, 12:28 AM
They have been mismanaged for years and it's finally come back to bite them in the arse....big time.

There are a couple of the great unwashed supporters at work and they are still in total denial. They think it's a conspiracy against them. Deluded **** Witt.

They are a vile institute that promote sectarian violence and what it's associated with and I cannot wait for their total and utter demise.

Yep, rotten to the core from fans to Board.

As things stand tonight, the most likely outcome for Rangers is liquidation:bye:

The Green Goblin
08-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Funny though, isn't it? We have been waiting for the yams to implode for ages. I bet a few months back we never would have thought the currant buns would go down the gary glitter before them.

It just goes to show that life is full of unexpected delights...