PDA

View Full Version : Auction Derby in NYC?

LamontHFC©
07-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Alright guys.

Does anyone know anywhere in Manhattan that will be showing the derby on the 18th? Preferrably near(ish) the Upper West Side.

I live in Queens, but I'm going to be in the city for St Paddy's day before, so will just stay at my mates and go somewhere to watch the game if its on. (the 7am kick off could be a struggle after the Saturday all day!)

Let me know. Also if anyone's around could meet up for a pint or something.

Cheers.

Edit: Just realised there's quite a few of these derby threads in different cities, sorry to be a pain in the arse!

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Last year I watched some games in here: www.jackdemseys.com (http://www.jackdemseys.com)

Celtic pub; but they mostly seemed to gather upstairs, downstairs was a decent mix of people.

This was more central near times square from what I remember; but there was another sport bar just 2-3 doors along from this pub... not sure if you know them or if this is of any help, cheers!

LamontHFC©
08-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Last year I watched some games in here: www.jackdemseys.com (http://www.jackdemseys.com)

Celtic pub; but they mostly seemed to gather upstairs, downstairs was a decent mix of people.

This was more central near times square from what I remember; but there was another sport bar just 2-3 doors along from this pub... not sure if you know them or if this is of any help, cheers!

I'll have a deek, thanks.

Also, for some reason this thread is set as an auction, no idea why! haha.

hibbie02
08-03-2012, 06:25 AM

I went there a few years back. It is totally Celtic and "Away" fans were physically prevented from going upstairs to watch the big screen. Had to watch the game downstairs on a tiny tv behind the bar. They are not very friendly to non-Cellik fans and I wouldn't recommend it. There are sat tv papers that list pubs showing sport in NY. These include SPL games.

I asked the thug on the stair in that pub why I couldn't go upstairs and he said it was because of Hearts fans who turned up one time a kicked off up there. I agree it is fine downstairs but the tvs are tiny and most people down there are not interested in SPL so they change the channel. :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
08-03-2012, 07:26 AM
I went there a few years back. It is totally Celtic and "Away" fans were physically prevented from going upstairs to watch the big screen. Had to watch the game downstairs on a tiny tv behind the bar. They are not very friendly to non-Cellik fans and I wouldn't recommend it. There are sat tv papers that list pubs showing sport in NY. These include SPL games.

I asked the thug on the stair in that pub why I couldn't go upstairs and he said it was because of Hearts fans who turned up one time a kicked off up there. I agree it is fine downstairs but the tvs are tiny and most people down there are not interested in SPL so they change the channel. :rolleyes:

Maybe it has slightly changed screen wise since you were there, coz there were 1 or 2 decent sixed Plazma's downstairs, whilst the TV's behind bar are not huge, if you are sat at the bar, they were decent enough size... whilst I found some of the locals there very friendly, met some nice fellow holiday-ers and the bar staff were nothing but friendly and stuck the game on I wanted at the time.......