PDA

View Full Version : Corteo/March to Tynecastle

seanraff07
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Right, for all of you who went on the last trip to the PBS you may remember the corteo on the way to the ground, well I am planning on arranging the same again this time, I would like to make a habit of doing this every derby... once people are used to doing this then we'll hopefully get bigger numbers joining in each time.

Remember kick-off is at 12 noon so you need to be up and meet really early for this. The meeting place last time was at Murrayfield Hotel, I have decided to keep it there for this one too due to a lot of lads wanted to take part in it being U18, so those who are under 18 will all be allowed in the outdoor area with the tables. If you and anyone you know are going to this, then you need to tell them about it - we need numbers to make this work. However, you need to make sure the people you are telling are reliable and will actually turn up on the day, don't want to be expecting big numbers then for a lot of them to be no shows. This needs to try and be kept away from Hearts fans if possible (I know half of them troll this forum but still best not to blabber away to them about it). Last thing we need is Hearts trying to get some mob together and coming up Roseburn looking for trouble, the chances of that happening are seriously unlikely but you need to consider these things. We are NOT looking for trouble, this is for atmosphere only.

If you are going to take part in this then I urge you all to give 100% at all times, don't mess around by racing ahead of the banner if we bring one etc (which I'm sure would be at the front of the corteo). We need this to look good, and for that to happen we need everyone tightly packed together and all singing the same thing, it looks a lot better this way. Everyone going should bring some sort of colour, whether it's a scarf, banner, flag, two-stick, whatever you want really as long as it's green.

Now, the time the corteo is planned start at... Some of us will at least get ready to leave an hour before kick-off, try to get everyone to leave the Murrayfield Hotel at 11:15. I made the mistake of making it too early last time and struggled to get folk out the pub so early before the game. If we leave 45 minutes before then this will still get us to the ground about 25/30 minutes before kick-off which is fine. So if we leave at 11:15, then I'd like everyone to be there at 11:00 sharp, the only way people will join in is if theres a fair few of us leaving the pub to start with. So let's do this, spread the word to HIBS supporters only, and preferably those who are actually going to attend the game. Please tell any mates interested about this, the more the merrier, we are all Hibbys and want to go together as one!

Any confidential questions then feel free to PM me if you like.

Please say if you are interested or not so I can get a rough idea of numbers wanting to be involved, I will do a poll to see what the feedback is. It was good last time, this time round I want to make it bigger and better. Mon the Hibs! :thumbsup:

:pfgwa

seanraff07
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Video of the previous corteo/march to Tynie in August:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQWha8kJdmM

frazeHFC
06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Class. :thumbsup:

Hope loads turn up. Here is one of many videos on youtube those who are wanting a class atmosphere!!! :flag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4aBUhj2xk0&feature=related

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Right, for all of you who went on the last trip to the PBS you may remember the corteo on the way to the ground, well I am planning on arranging the same again this time, I would like to make a habit of doing this every derby... once people are used to doing this then we'll hopefully get bigger numbers joining in each time.

Remember kick-off is at 12 noon so you need to be up and meet really early for this. The meeting place last time was at Murrayfield Hotel, I have decided to keep it there for this one too due to a lot of lads wanted to take part in it being U18, so those who are under 18 will all be allowed in the outdoor area with the tables. If you and anyone you know are going to this, then you need to tell them about it - we need numbers to make this work. However, you need to make sure the people you are telling are reliable and will actually turn up on the day, don't want to be expecting big numbers then for a lot of them to be no shows. This needs to try and be kept away from Hearts fans if possible (I know half of them troll this forum but still best not to blabber away to them about it). Last thing we need is Hearts trying to get some mob together and coming up Roseburn looking for trouble, the chances of that happening are seriously unlikely but you need to consider these things. We are NOT looking for trouble, this is for atmosphere only.

If you are going to take part in this then I urge you all to give 100% at all times, don't mess around by racing ahead of the banner if we bring one etc (which I'm sure would be at the front of the corteo). We need this to look good, and for that to happen we need everyone tightly packed together and all singing the same thing, it looks a lot better this way. Everyone going should bring some sort of colour, whether it's a scarf, banner, flag, two-stick, whatever you want really as long as it's green.

Now, the time the corteo is planned start at... Some of us will at least get ready to leave an hour before kick-off, try to get everyone to leave the Murrayfield Hotel at 11:15. I made the mistake of making it too early last time and struggled to get folk out the pub so early before the game. If we leave 45 minutes before then this will still get us to the ground about 25/30 minutes before kick-off which is fine. So if we leave at 11:15, then I'd like everyone to be there at 11:00 sharp, the only way people will join in is if theres a fair few of us leaving the pub to start with. So let's do this, spread the word to HIBS supporters only, and preferably those who are actually going to attend the game. Please tell any mates interested about this, the more the merrier, we are all Hibbys and want to go together as one!

Please say if you are interested or not so I can get a rough idea of numbers wanting to be involved, I will do a poll to see what the feedback is. It was good last time, this time round I want to make it bigger and better. Mon the Hibs! :thumbsup:

Wow! I'm impressed.

1) what does a corteo mean?
2) will battle-scared 80's vets be welcome, or is it for the younger peacocks in our midsts only?

seanraff07
06-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow! I'm impressed.

1) what does a corteo mean?
2) will battle-scared 80's vets be welcome, or is it for the younger peacocks in our midsts only?

It basically just means a group of people organising to bunch together and go to the ground making a hell of a noise with lots of colour involved.

Any Hibby is welcome, as long as they're radge :wink:

clerriehibs
06-03-2012, 07:28 PM
good effort

:aok:

hibsbollah
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I always thought a corteo was a dull Ford saloon car driven by middle management types.

Now ive been educated, i might join you at the murrayfield :aok:

frazeHFC
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I always thought a corteo was a dull Ford saloon car driven by middle management types.

Now ive been educated, i might join you at the murrayfield :aok:

:hilarious

S4uzee
06-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Great idea :thumbsup: but think it would be better to leave the murrayfield about 11.30 to get more numbers leaving at that time

Nakedmanoncrack
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Will the Murrayfield be open at this time on a Sunday?

.Sean.
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I'd be game for this one :agree:

Missed it last time. One tipple too many :greengrin

California-Hibs
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Me and my mate will be up for this again, hopefully another 2 aswel. Oh and you's are welcome for those video's, they all came from my mobile :wink:

frazeHFC
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Me and my mate will be up for this again, hopefully another 2 aswel. Oh and you's are welcome for those video's, they all came from my mobile :wink:

:thumbsup:

They are quality, i watch them all the time. :smug:

seanraff07
06-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Nice one man. Could you take them again? Would be great and muchly appreciated if you did.

California-Hibs
07-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Nice one man. Could you take them again? Would be great and muchly appreciated if you did.

Yeah no problem pal, consider it done! :flag:

frazeHFC
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
And make sure you all know the newer songs if you don't already. :agree: It's gonna be class, can't wait for it. :thumbsup:

seanraff07
07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Need as many folk as possible for this!

Cheers for the feedback so far :aok:

hibsbollah
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM

What you really want is to be filming from up on the bridge,.will look much better :agree:

mickki40
07-03-2012, 05:19 PM
not missing this one

007 Mickey Weir
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Can you guys clear u a song for me?

Is it -

'We are the Hibbees we do what we want..!'

And if so what does that mean?

Sorry maybe I am being stupid and don't get it. Good luck at *********** and the corteo. I have given up giving the **** my money especially with Sunday lunchtime kick offs.

GGTTH!!!

edinburghhibee
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
me and a load of others joined this from the roseburn and it was cracking. My only issue with it was that we sang the entire time in the pub and the entire time on route to the game and then when we got into the ground I thought it fell away nobody was singing. What time does the roseburn and the murrayfield hotel open at do they have early licenses?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Will the Murrayfield be open at this time on a Sunday?

me and a load of others joined this from the roseburn and it was cracking. My only issue with it was that we sang the entire time in the pub and the entire time on route to the game and then when we got into the ground I thought it fell away nobody was singing. What time does the roseburn and the murrayfield hotel open at do they have early licenses?

That's the question that needs answering, if its a case of gathering to march off from a closed pub then its a non-starter.
As far as I'm aware these places will not be open until 12.30.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
That's the question that needs answering, if its a case of gathering to march off from a closed pub then its a non-starter.
As far as I'm aware these places will not be open until 12.30.

Sure the Murrayfield Hotel has an early licence and was open before 10am the last time we played them, maybe someone can confirm?

frazeHFC
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Sure the Murrayfield Hotel has an early licence and was open before 10am the last time we played them, maybe someone can confirm?

Opens at 12.30pm on a Sunday, but hopefully with the football they will open earlier that day.

CiscoKid
07-03-2012, 11:05 PM
There is a lot of building work going on at Russell Road for the Trams, the road is closed for traffic and from about the Post Office building until under the railway bridge there is only a pretty narrow walkway. So it's probably going be a bit of a nightmare from that point and I really wonder if loads of us reaching it at the same time is such a good idea.

seanraff07
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Bump.

C'mon everyone, only 9 days to go need as much response as possible :greengrin

There is a lot of building work going on at Russell Road for the Trams, the road is closed for traffic and from about the Post Office building until under the railway bridge there is only a pretty narrow walkway. So it's probably going be a bit of a nightmare from that point and I really wonder if loads of us reaching it at the same time is such a good idea.

Yeah I've heard that there is a fair few roadworks etc, that's why I want to leave 45 minutes before kick-off so that if there are any hold-ups then we still have spare time to be on schedule. :agree:

On the subject of opening times for the pub, it was definitely open before 12:30 at the last derby which was on a Sunday.

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Hockey_Arena/bump.jpg

The corteo will be class. The amazing atmosphere at Ayr has got me buzzing for next week. Bring it on and get yourselves to the Murrayfield Hotel everyone.

:flag:

yeezus.
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I just remember getting a splitting headache at half time last time at the PBS, a lot more promise for Sunday this time.

seanraff07
13-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Hoping Hibs performance and the amazing atmosphere made by all Hibs supporters at Ayr will encourage a few more to come to the Derby and get involved in this. It's only going to work well if we have a decent amount of folk taking part so if you are going to the game or even watching in a pub around Roseburn area then make an effort to get yourself along, even just to join on halfway through. :agree:

We want other teams to stand up and take notice of our fans and that we are the best in this country. The only way we can do this is by doing things outwith being in the stands. E.g Sect 43 do fkag making days etc and this corteo is another way to show that we are passionate about our team. Also it's good to create loads of atmosphere pre-match, and we MUST continue this in the ground. Let's show we are the best out there.

Ken
13-03-2012, 12:55 PM

I've been told it is licensed from 9am this Sunday, but don't quote me if that turns out to be nonsense :greengrin

seanraff07
13-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah it definitely opens at 9am. So even more reason to get along, more than enough time for a few pints before the corteo starts :agree:

Curly1875
15-03-2012, 10:24 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Hockey_Arena/bump.jpg

cmon guys need as much support for this as possible, get the atmosphere going before the games even started
GGTTH :flag::flag:

frazeHFC
15-03-2012, 10:31 PM
It's gonna be amazing, get yerselves involved.

SouthEnglandHib
16-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Get pictures and video's of it this time and post on here after the game?

AldoHFC
16-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Get pictures and video's of it this time and post on here after the game?

There was videos on here from last time wasn't there? Anyway we need as many bodies as possible to get the atmosphere rocking for going into the ground and hopefully it carries on while we're in there. With th roseburn being shut I'm expecting the Murrayfield to be packed and hopefully as good as it was last time.

GGTTH WAHFC

frazeHFC
17-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Not long now!

Togs91
17-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Being a westy, (booo!), staying in sighthill for the weekend, worked out from bus times should be there between half 9/10, cant wait for this!! GGTTH!

frazeHFC
17-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Alee Alee Alle Ohhhh

Tricla
17-03-2012, 09:10 PM
What's this 'Bump' malarky?

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna try to come down with my dad. It's an excellent idea.

mca
17-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Dont touch it if anyone sells it in tenner bags !! ffs :not worth

frazeHFC
17-03-2012, 09:16 PM

The more people that see it the more that will go.

Www1875hfc
17-03-2012, 09:20 PM
16 of us heading for the Murrayfield Hotel.

seanraff07
17-03-2012, 09:25 PM
16 of us heading for the Murrayfield Hotel.

Brilliant effort mate :thumbsup:

For all those going, see yous at the Murrayfield Hotel early doors, everyone needs to be fired up for this, let's hope it reflects on the team :agree:

JennaFletcher
17-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I reckon I might be coming along to this one alone, was keen on the pub before but am meeting my friend and her bro at the game - not sure if I should go on my own or not.

What's it like if you're on your own? If it's a good Hibs communal spirit then I'll be there :agree: What time are you all leaving too? Has it been decided - meet at 11 or 11.15 outside Murrayfield Hotel?

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I reckon I might be coming along to this one alone, was keen on the pub before but am meeting my friend and her bro at the game - not sure if I should go on my own or not.

What's it like if you're on your own? If it's a good Hibs communal spirit then I'll be there :agree: What time are you all leaving too? Has it been decided - meet at 11 or 11.15 outside Murrayfield Hotel?

If you have nobody to go along with, you'll be fine amongst yer ain, Jenna. Get there any time after nine, as stated above, and enjoy yourself. All welcome, none excluded. I haven't taken part previously, either.

frazeHFC
18-03-2012, 12:07 AM

If you wanna come then definately do. :agree: I never knew anyone that is going until about 3 months ago but know loads now, just from meeting new people. Very friendly and very enjoyable. :agree:

I am going for 10.30am i think we are leaving around 11-11.15