PDA

View Full Version : Are you renewing your season ticket?

Mikeystewart
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Please make sure you read the information on the season ticket before you vote.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420

TamHibs
06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I want to but with no guarantee you will be accepted for the PP then it might have to be a no for me :(

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, and excited about it......

hibsboy90
06-03-2012, 06:53 PM
For the first time in 6 seasons, its a no. The step up from a student deal to £405, too much. Especially when i will have no problem getting tickets for any game i want to attend.

I also feel the 'free shirt' offer is misleading - you must first buy the away shirt.

bingo70
06-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Don't see any point in renewing, I'm always likely to miss one or two games a season and I can't afford 400 in one go. Could always get the payment plan but I object to the price increase when we've won 2 games in the last year.

jgl07
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Iwill get a season ticket for next season unless the SPL vote a newco Rangers back in.

mca
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I want to but with no guarantee you will be accepted for the PP then it might have to be a no for me :(

Hibs didnt use the "credit-check" company last year for the payment plan - did they ??

I was thinking about returning next season - but if i have to get a credit check :( :confused:

Hibees07
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I've not voted yet as I will need a long hard think about it.

The cost of my season tickets will increase as I previously used the interest free payment plan, they are charging 16.9% APR next season :confused:.

Everything appears to have a catch of some sort or limited availability so no guarantee of anything except paying the extra interest! :agree:

They need to get real about the money people have forked out to watch the dross over the last few seasons and adjust prices accordingly.

And what if we go down?.

whiskyhibby
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I will be renewing whichever league we are in!

Hibstrooper
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
It's a yes from me. I hate the feeling of not being at Easter Road when a game is on.

Mikey
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Aye. The manager needs the money to go out and get better players.

pentlando
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Anyone know how a student ticket works. I've had one the last two years and will be finishing this summer, but the student card will still be valid when i buy my ticket. Even though its only valid till August 2012 will i still manage to wangle a student ticket?

cad
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Iwill get a season ticket for next season unless the SPL vote a newco Rangers back in.

That should have been an option in the poll, many wont return if the above happens .

whiskyhibby
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I've not voted yet as I will need a long hard think about it.

The cost of my season tickets will increase as I previously used the interest free payment plan, they are charging 16.9% APR next season :confused:.

Everything appears to have a catch of some sort or limited availability so no guarantee of anything except paying the extra interest! :agree:

They need to get real about the money people have forked out to watch the dross over the last few seasons and adjust prices accordingly.

And what if we go down?.

How is reducing prices going to help pay for better players?..........the logic escapes me !!

bingo70
06-03-2012, 08:22 PM
How is reducing prices going to help pay for better players?..........the logic escapes me !!

More people will go

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
More people will go

There is no real correlation that cheaper pricing at Hibs means more people will go........

Hibees07
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM

How is charging over the top prices for the quality on offer going to buy better players, no one will buy the tickets!

bingo70
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
There is no real correlation that cheaper pricing at Hibs means more people will go........

I actually agree with you on that, however I think there is a correlation on prices going up and people not going and that's what's happened to a third of our season ticket holders (as well as other obstacles like having to pass a credit check)

woody47
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
TBH As far as I am concerned there is an increase on last year. I chose to pay in instalments as I had both my son's and my own to pay for so this was the easiest way to do it. This year they want to charge me 16.9% interest.

As for the incentives:
It is not what I would call a free top as you have to lay out money to buy another top first.
Free tickets for OTHERS? Why not give me four tickets worth of a discount on MY ticket.
As for free kids tickets. OK if you have kids that young but if you don't, again no use.

Whilst I applaud them for trying, the only way I can see more ST being sold is if they drastically decrease the price of tickets and increase the class of football shown on the pitch.

Beefster
06-03-2012, 08:41 PM

If money automatically meant better players, we wouldn't be sitting in 11th. There are teams far above us with a budget far below ours.

whiskyhibby
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
How is charging over the top prices for the quality on offer going to buy better players, no one will buy the tickets!

It's not necessarily, but a winning team playing attractive football will, as past experience shows bring back the fans... I don't see how having even lower player wages is going to ensure that

aunty joyce
06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Hibs didnt use the "credit-check" company last year for the payment plan - did they ??

I was thinking about returning next season - but if i have to get a credit check :( :confused:

I wouldn't think the Credit Check will be a major thing because if payments are not made they will just cancel the Season Ticket

huggie1875
06-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know how a student ticket works. I've had one the last two years and will be finishing this summer, but the student card will still be valid when i buy my ticket. Even though its only valid till August 2012 will i still manage to wangle a student ticket?

Mines was like that this season and mine was fine

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2012, 09:43 PM
TBH As far as I am concerned there is an increase on last year. I chose to pay in instalments as I had both my son's and my own to pay for so this was the easiest way to do it. This year they want to charge me 16.9% interest.

As for the incentives:
It is not what I would call a free top as you have to lay out money to buy another top first.
Free tickets for OTHERS? Why not give me four tickets worth of a discount on MY ticket.
As for free kids tickets. OK if you have kids that young but if you don't, again no use.

Whilst I applaud them for trying, the only way I can see more ST being sold is if they drastically decrease the price of tickets and increase the class of football shown on the pitch.

As others have pointed out, it's a tough balancing act. How do you attract and retain good players with less income? How low would prices need to drop before we gained significant support? It isn't an easy one this. I do agree with the central point that adult S.T. prices are a bit steep. The free tickets for others would be better used for an across the board price cut, so also attracting more occasional matchgoers, IMO.

Mikeystewart
06-03-2012, 09:43 PM
That should have been an option in the poll, many wont return if the above happens .

Rangers will be playing in the SPL in some capacity either as they are or as a newco.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't think the Credit Check will be a major thing because if payments are not made they will just cancel the Season Ticket

That's not how the finance company will be looking at it, cancelling your ST doesn't help them!

Sas_The_Hibby
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
It's a yes from me. I hate the feeling of not being at Easter Road when a game is on.

Believe me: being there's worse! :greengrin

lucky
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
David Moyes called for all in football to take a 20% cut to make more affordable for fans. Yet a few on here we need to pay more to pay more to highly paid players already. Where does it end? £1000 for ST and £50 a game so that playboys on £100k plus a year can get more. It will not be long before Hibs close a stand due to poor crowds.

marinello59
06-03-2012, 10:11 PM
David Moyes called for all in football to take a 20% cut to make more affordable for fans. Yet a few on here we need to pay more to pay more to highly paid players already. Where does it end? £1000 for ST and £50 a game so that playboys on £100k plus a year can get more. It will not be long before Hibs close a stand due to poor crowds.

Who has said that? :confused:

hfc rd
06-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Can't afford it. I've got a man utd season ticket, which costs a ton and don't forget the petrol. No way I could afford £400 odd pound on top of that.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Can't afford it. I've got a man utd season ticket, which costs a ton and don't forget the petrol. No way I could afford £400 odd pound on top of that.

You drive to Manchester for every home game? That's some amount of travelling.

paxtonhibby
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Mmmmm,why not move to Manchester if petrol is an issue ?

hfc rd
06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
You drive to Manchester for every home game? That's some amount of travelling.

Sometimes I take my car down for one game and then my mate drives us down for the next one. We take turns. If its a midweek game, we get the train. Still an awful lot of money but always worth it.

hfc rd
06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Mmmmm,why not move to Manchester if petrol is an issue ?

I'm giving that a lot of consideration and might do so, once I've saved up for a decent apartment.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Sometimes I take my car down for one game and then my mate drives us down for the next one. We take turns. If its a midweek game, we get the train. Still an awful lot of money but always worth it.

Doubtless some will call you a gloryhunter, but I don't think anyone who shows that level of commitment should be criticised. That's a lot of time and money you're investing.

Don't suppose you'd consider getting a membership at United next season and getting your Hibs S.T? :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2012, 11:44 PM

This unless there are severe penalties imposed.

Rangers will be playing in the SPL in some capacity either as they are or as a newco.

Why bother with any SFA/SPL enquiry then? Why so certain? Hibs should simply spend spend spend then go into admin/liquidation if a precedent of letting a term back in is set.

Fans like you make the Glaziers and Sky happy. Do you buy loads of merchandise too? Give it all up and support Hibs NOT a foreign team in a foreign league.

hfc rd
06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Doubtless some will call you a gloryhunter, but I don't think anyone who shows that level of commitment should be criticised. That's a lot of time and money you're investing.

Don't suppose you'd consider getting a membership at United next season and getting your Hibs S.T? :greengrin

I was brought up as a man utd fan as my dad was born and raised in Manchester before moving to Edinburgh. He doesn't support a Scottish club, but I was hooked by my mates at school who wanted me to follow the hibs as my Scottish team.

I would do, but it's still an awful lot of money. This is my first season as a man utd season ticket holder (having been on the waiting list for such a long time) and I have thoroughly had a great time down at OT.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2012, 11:55 PM
I was brought up as a man utd fan as my dad was born and raised in Manchester before moving to Edinburgh. He doesn't support a Scottish club, but I was hooked by my mates at school who wanted me to follow the hibs as my Scottish team.

I would do, but it's still an awful lot of money. This is my first season as a man utd season ticket holder (having been on the waiting list for such a long time) and I have thoroughly had a great time down at OT.

It's fair enough, mate. You don't have justify it to anyone. We all do what we want with our disposable cash.

hfc rd
06-03-2012, 11:57 PM

Why bother with any SFA/SPL enquiry then? Why so certain? Hibs should simply spend spend spend then go into admin/liquidation if a precedent of letting a term back in is set.

Fans like you make the Glaziers and Sky happy. Do you buy loads of merchandise too? Give it all up and support Hibs NOT a foreign team in a foreign league.

It ain't up to you on what I do. Your not my dictator. Just because I'm not going to be getting a season ticket next year, doesn't mean I will stop supporting hibs. I will still go down to the odd occasional game that I can make. It's only a couple of seasons ago that I was introduced to the hibs and I feel great that I developed them as my Scottish club. I've supported man utd since I was a kid as my dad was born and raised in Manchester and brought me up as a united fan.

dp00
07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
My thinking is they are using the finance company because loads of folk this year have just canceled there direct debit when the going got tough. And although it's ok saying they will just cancel your ticket, it's not good if the club have budgeted 4 it

PeeKay
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Cup top-up is always a gamble and other freebies either aren't really freebies or are no use to me. Also would not want to be paying these prices if we are playing in the SFL. I will probably renew eventually but may skip the "early bird" this year.

Mikey
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
My thinking is they are using the finance company because loads of folk this year have just canceled there direct debit when the going got tough. And although it's ok saying they will just cancel your ticket, it's not good if the club have budgeted 4 it

It's a popular theory but I don't remember anyone saying that they did that! I suspect it's just a simple case of cost cutting.

Saorsa
07-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Not for me this time. There was already very little value in a full adult season ticket saving about the cost of 1 1/2/2 games, with the interest payments they've basically taken that away. I'll just be paying at the gate for games I go tae with one caveat, it the h**** go pop and a newco h**** get back in tae the SPL it'll make nae difference what season ticket or gate prices are, I'll no be back period.

Jay
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
We'll be renewing. :agree:

To be honest all I want is a fair price for my ST. I like to have it all paid up so I dont have to worry about it again all year. Any freebies etc are a bonus but would never swing my decision either way, although the cup top up in particular would decide when I bought it if there was a deadline. If I just get my ST for the same price as last year with no incentives I would be equally as happy.

However, having 4 laddies I will get 4 strips for the price of two this year as well as cup top ups for the two season ticket holders so I will be there by the end of the month paying up! :thumbsup:

Mikeystewart
07-03-2012, 09:43 AM

I completely agree, in the next couple of the months maybe even weeks the SPL are going to show us that having a healthy financial footing is irrelevant. I can see point deductions as a result of the enquiry but they WILL be let back in. I hope I'm wrong, but I have very little faith.

To make it clear, if a newco is formed they can either apply to the SPL or not apply for anything, they will not be allowed into the SFL. If people start bleating about Gretna/Livi, they where playing in the SFL when they got into bother and the SFL are a separate body, another example of the massive reform Scottish football needs.

Bill Milne
07-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I will renew though with many reservations about price etc. I have often thought about not renewing as it it is clearly more cost effective to do a walk up for most fixtures and watch the TV games in the Hibs Club. Having said that, I appreciate that the club needs a certain percentage of money up front to plan for the season ahead and give the manager some leeway on signings.

dangermouse
07-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I will renew for me and my son. Dissapointed about the lack of free finance so will probably stick it on a bit of plastic and pay it off quicker than 11 months which will save a few quid.

greenlex
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
There are quite a few credit cards availanle with 0% on purchases over a few months.

paxtonhibby
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
For the first time in 6 seasons, its a no. The step up from a student deal to £405, too much. Especially when i will have no problem getting tickets for any game i want to attend.

I also feel the 'free shirt' offer is misleading - you must first buy the away shirt.

Aye,but more significantly you wont get to sit next to me! :greengrin

I think I will probably renew but hope the hun scenario is a little clearer before I do.Problem being now is the purchase of season tickets will already have been done, well before the rangers mess is fully resolved.At least last season cancelling the direct debit was possible.Bottom line is rangers HAVE to be properly punished.Cant believe events at greyskull are affecting some of our decisions in renewing.

Gatecrasher
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I think some of the offers might have been welcomed a bit more if Hibs didnt send that Email the day prior to the release of full details. I will renew i will be paying up front and i will be taking Hibs up on as much of the offers as i can to ensure i get my monies worth. I wish they did do a Cat B ST as that would have been ideal :agree:

KingFranck
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I would have considered it but ....
Currently have a season ticket in the West Lower with my son 9, brother and Dad. If Hibs had said kids go free in any part of the ground then yes give me that. Looking at the deal it's only the Famous Five for free kids.
The deal should have been for all stands East, West and FF you've missed a trick Hibs:agree:

Franck is God
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I had to go with a maybe for next season, the payment plan is sadly no longer an option for me with Hibs not administering it anymore so if I am to get one it will involve paying for it in advance before June 3rd if I want to keep my seat.

That is currently the plan, just have to work out how I'm going to do it.....

I was actually quite impressed when I saw the teaser email with highlights of the offers available but realistically the only offer that would make any difference to me is the cup top up which I had this year.

Not quite sure how giving somebody else a free ticket for games against the weedgies is a benefit to me, its more a benefit to a Hibs fan that doesn't bother going and/or sticking his hand in his/her pocket.

I was hoping for some kind of loyalty bonus, those that had bought one this year get a 10% discount to renew by a certain date, that kind of thing. Freebies based on further outlay doesn't interest me at all.

zitelli62
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Not for me im afraid intrest on the payment plan for myself and my son takes it to over 500 quid, not a free top but you have to buy one first, not a free hibs kid im in the east stand,and free tickets for games against the weegies, why not take that money of the price of your season ticket and show a little bit of loyaty for 2 seasons of pure garbage on the park. once again there advertising is a little naughty with the truth, i only hope they look at the poll and have a rethink wont hold my breath though.

Mikeystewart
07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm surprised with 57% definite renewal, I expected it to be in the 70s, wonder if the board is watching(do they care), and how accurate is this poll as a representation of the current season ticket holders?

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM

:fishin: ...... I hope

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Will always renew so long as I can afford it, no matter how pants Hibs are I prefer to do my bitching from the stands.

GGTTH

Cheshire Hibee
07-03-2012, 07:40 PM

See the thread started today: Fans survey Re Rangers liquidation.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Have been thinking of having another go at starting a Hibs supporters club in the Borders.

By the look of the results so far in this poll and some of the comments I would be lucky to be able to start a new supporters club in Edinburgh.

If Rangers get re elected ... boo hoo !!!

The fitba isny like watchin' Brazil !!!

The seats are the wrong shade of Green !!!

Give me bloody strength.

Kin a few folk who actually care about the Hibs post now and again !!!

Mikey
07-03-2012, 08:02 PM

I've given up. It's just a wall of negativity and no amount of reasoning makes the slightest bit of difference.

A good psychiatrist would have a field day.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
The word deleted by admin was between the words "in" and "Edinburgh" in my post and was inserted to illustrate my frustration at the seemingly inevitable scenario that I will be one of about 4,000 ST holders at ER next season.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
The word deleted by admin was between the words "in" and "Edinburgh" in my post and was inserted to illustrate my frustration at the seemingly inevitable scenario that I will be one of about 4,000 ST holders at ER next season.

Yet there will be thousands lamenting that we can't bring genuine quality in............

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Yet there will be thousands lamenting that we can't bring genuine quality in............

Yet if Motherwell can with the same 4000 season ticket holders, at lower prices too, why cant we?

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Yet if Motherwell can with the same 4000 season ticket holders, at lower prices too, why cant we?

Pass

Bishop Hibee
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
It ain't up to you on what I do. Your not my dictator. Just because I'm not going to be getting a season ticket next year, doesn't mean I will stop supporting hibs. I will still go down to the odd occasional game that I can make. It's only a couple of seasons ago that I was introduced to the hibs and I feel great that I developed them as my Scottish club. I've supported man utd since I was a kid as my dad was born and raised in Manchester and brought me up as a united fan.

Fair enough. I made the mistake of assuming you were Edinburgh born and bred. Apologies. I'm sadly used to too many EPL lovers and SPL haters on this board.

Bishop Hibee
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Have been thinking of having another go at starting a Hibs supporters club in the Borders.

By the look of the results so far in this poll and some of the comments I would be lucky to be able to start a new supporters club in Edinburgh.

If Rangers get re elected ... boo hoo !!!

The fitba isny like watchin' Brazil !!!

The seats are the wrong shade of Green !!!

Give me bloody strength.

Do you really think this a minor issue? We're talking about the integrity of the whole SPL and SFA here. It's potential corruption on a scale similar to Italy which saw Fiorentina have to reform in a regional league and Juventus demoted to Serie B. What a laughing stock Scotland would be in the eyes of the footballing world if the SPL clubs let "New Rangers" in debt free to start again.

Maybe I care to much.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Do you really think this a minor issue? We're talking about the integrity of the whole SPL and SFA here. It's potential corruption on a scale similar to Italy which saw Fiorentina have to reform in a regional league and Juventus demoted to Serie B. What a laughing stock Scotland would be in the eyes of the footballing world if the SPL clubs let "New Rangers" in debt free to start again.

Maybe I care to much.

Not at all ............. It is a very big issue and if the current buns are allowed to dodge this bullet I for one will be very very angry.

Will I be angry enough to stop going to see Hibs so that Hibs cease to exist and so does Scottish professional football and I dont have a club any more and the years and years I have spent hoping for a Scottish cup win are wasted, which appears to be what some people are suggesting, will I be that angry? ....... no.

Boycott new rangers at ER, phone that plonker Jim Traynor on Saturday evenings, bombard Hibs and the SPL with letters and E Mails voicing my displeasure ..... all these things I would do .... but endanger the existance of Hibs in order to spite the powers that be. I cant do that.

But if it comes to it and the unthinkable happens and Hibs do go out of business as the result of folk being sickened and giving up I wouldnt blame them ....... I would blame the idiots who ran our game though.

hfc rd
07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Fair enough. I made the mistake of assuming you were Edinburgh born and bred. Apologies. I'm sadly used to too many EPL lovers and SPL haters on this board.

It's cool.

scoopyboy
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Please make sure you read the information on the season ticket before you vote.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420

Decent of you to post the link but I probably won't read it.

I will renew without hesitation, as I will do every year I am alive.

No claim to be a better fan than anyone else but its wot I do, I am fortunate that money isn't an issue.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm unsure.

I've recently started a new job that involves some weekend work so I don't know that a season ticket will actually be worthwhile next season.

The fact that we are poor doesn't really have any bearing on my decision because if I was free then I would be at Easter Road even if we were in the third division. I just don't see the point in paying for a season ticket that may be going unused for a vast majority of the season.

MountcastleHibs
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
For the first time in ten years, I won't have a season ticket at Easter Road next season. I'm starting a post-grad in primary teaching in August, so I'm going to have to work weekends.

Absolutely gutted, but one year sacrifice to Hibs to get myself a career will be worth it.

You can be sure I'll be getting a ST for 13/14. The advantage of my job is that I won't be totally absent from ER as I'll be working in the stadium on match days.