PDA

View Full Version : Garry Oconnor

hibeesboii
06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
this is my first post so sorry if there is another thread but has anyone heard anything about Oconnor staying or is he going to leave? :flag:

silverhibee
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
this is my first post so sorry if there is another thread but has anyone heard anything about Oconnor staying or is he going to leave? :flag:

He will be here until the end of May, after that i dont know.

hibeesboii
06-03-2012, 11:59 AM
He will be here until the end of May, after that i dont know.

okay thanks:thumbsup:

Iceman1875
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
On recent form, I very much doubt he will be here next season.

AldoHFC
06-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Hope he leaves, just now he is a waste of wage that we could sign someone better than him for. If there was any truth in the rumours about him in January we've made a mistake holding on to him.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-03-2012, 12:12 PM

he is the best finnisher at the club. He has also has been carrying an injury and having to deal with some non football issues in the court. so i suspect he isnt totally focused at the moment. i for one would love to see him stay!

an on form Gaz is a class act and if he wants to stay im sure wee nutsy would get him playing to his potential

Beefster
06-03-2012, 12:30 PM
He has also has been carrying an injury and having to deal with some non football issues

I'm carrying an injury and have plenty of issues. I've still managed to keep my weight down, do my work and not get bladdered every weekend though.

easty
06-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm carrying an injury and have plenty of issues. I've still managed to keep my weight down, do my work and not get bladdered every weekend though.

Do you have a sore toe though?

Beefster
06-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Do you have a sore toe though?

Nah, achilles so I suppose I'm lucky. Obviously, if it was my toe, I'd be piling it on, refusing to do my work and sinking 8 pints a night!

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM

:agree:
I bet you have never said you were off to support the huns to anyone who will listen either.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM

If he is (as you say) getting pashed every weekend they he is his own worst enemy. but do you know for sure he is doing this every weekend? or your just making assumptions?

Golden Bear
06-03-2012, 01:33 PM

I beg to differ.

On recent form I very much doubt that he'll not be here next season!

I'm not questioning his abilities but at the same time he really will need to get his act together otherwise I can't see there being much demand for his signature.

John_the_angus_hibby
06-03-2012, 02:23 PM
he is the best finnisher at the club. He has also has been carrying an injury and having to deal with some non football issues in the court. so i suspect he isnt totally focused at the moment. i for one would love to see him stay!

an on form Gaz is a class act and if he wants to stay im sure wee nutsy would get him playing to his potential

This.

Sent from another universe!

Elephant Stone
06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
His recent form could be a blessing in disguise. If he was scoring and playing at the moment like he was earlier in the season he'd be guaranteed to be off in the summer for free. Now, if we want to, we'll have more of a chance to sign long term. If he can get back to fitness and sort his head out I don't see why he wouldn't start scoring again.

silverhibee
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Rod will offer him a new contract. :wink: :greengrin

jdships
06-03-2012, 04:01 PM
According to a near neighbour of his GOc is anxious to get a two year contract at ER as the family are settled in E.Lothian.
Obviously there are other issues to be considered :greengrin

Andy74
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
According to a near neighbour of his GOc is anxious to get a two year contract at ER as the family are settled in E.Lothian.
Obviously there are other issues to be considered :greengrin

Such as not deserving a new two year contract!

jdships
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Such as not deserving a new two year contract!

All a matter of opinions as the manager will make the decision for him :wink::greengrin

ulises_trotter
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Why would you keep a jakey that will more than likely end up in jail.....??

Winston Ingram
06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Rod will offer him a new contract. :wink: :greengrin

Will we pay him in Gregg's and Nando's vouchers?

hibsbollah
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Will we pay him in Gregg's and Nando's vouchers?

Vats of fake tan and erse reduction surgery as a bonus, i would have thought. The boy looks like a Corrie barmaid.

Eyrie
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
If he stays, then he needs to get beasted in the summer. A fit O'Connor would terrrorise this league.

hibsbollah
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
If he stays, then he needs to get beasted in the summer. A fit O'Connor would terrrorise this league.

He was and he did. (from august till october anyway) :greengrin:

essexhibee
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM

How is he allowed to be in that state in the first place? So called professional sportsman who exercises every day. Bit of a joke really imo.

spike220
07-03-2012, 06:50 AM

Aye you are right, trouble is he a big lad (even when not overweight) these lads need to be nursed to fitness rather than beasted. Beasting only puts strain on the joints, I have done lots of work with rugby players, the biggest and strongest often require a softly, softly approach to training to stop needless injuries.

spike220
07-03-2012, 06:51 AM
We need him well before next season if we are going to win that cup!

beensaidbefore
07-03-2012, 05:00 PM
His recent form could be a blessing in disguise. If he was scoring and playing at the moment like he was earlier in the season he'd be guaranteed to be off in the summer for free. Now, if we want to, we'll have more of a chance to sign long term. If he can get back to fitness and sort his head out I don't see why he wouldn't start scoring again.

:aok: Exactly. Hes not p1sh, and was heavily involved in Doyles goal the other week, and probably others that iv not seen, so although hes not scoring hes still helping create. His experience alone is worth having him at the club. I think on his day GO'C is the best player at the club. Some folk have a short memory.