PDA

View Full Version : Effect of DerHun (non-sectarian content) going bust.

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
OK, we've had all the accountants' / lawyers' views on the current status of DerHun on the other thread so I thought we should now look to the future. This is considering the possible (preferred) scenario of them being liquidated and NOT being replaced** by a phoenix company, i.e. NO Rangers F.C in any form whatsover.

Two questions:

1) What do you think followers of DerHun will/should do on match days to replace the matchday experience?

2) What positive/negative effects will this have on society as a whole, the economy, Glasgow/Govan etc.

** Please don't debate the likelihood of this happening and go and spoil the fun part of this thread :wink:

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I forgot I was going to make a start on this...

I think it'll have a positive effect on the economy as the money normally spent by the FollowFollowers on Blue Nose Burgers and King Billy flags will have to be spent in the shops, thereby boosting the income of businesses in desperate times.

:duck:

Bad Martini
06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Can almost smell the fresh flowers growing, hear the birds singing in the sky and feel the deep deep joy your scenario would bring to planet earth.

Make it so.....please make it so.

:greengrin

Steve20
06-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I still think it'll be a bad thing for Scottish Football.

I must be the only Hibs supporter that wants them to stay in business. I find it very poor taste that anyone who supports a football team would wish other football supporters to lose their team.

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM

I must be the only Hibs supporter that wants them to stay in business. I find it very poor taste that anyone who supports a football team would wish other football supporters to lose their team.

I bet you're popular at parties. Did you read the recent poll on what we think should happen to them if liquidated? I think you'll find you're in a very small minority with your views.

Admins: Can we please have this guy launched straight away, due to the balance of his mind going?

Thecat23
06-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I feel for the real supporters of the club. But as stated in another post. Why do we need them? We have moaned for god knows how many years about 2 teams running Scotland and change is a must. This could in fact be the turning point for the rest to grow a set and change how things are run. Also i'm more than happy to see Sky pull the plug from the league and get 3pm kick off time's back. Yes we will lose money and maybe not attract quality players. But have we really had any in the past 5 years anyway? Back to basic's for me, bin them and make the league bigger. Youth players and a reserve league would be better for all clubs as well.

People are so afraid of change it's unreal. We will survive without Rangers, anyone who thinks we won't are sadly mistaken.

green glory
06-03-2012, 11:05 AM
1. A drop in domestic violence with wives and kids on the receiving end of post-matchday frustrations.

2. Less stabbings in the streets of Old Firm infected parts of the country on matchdays with the savings to the tax-payer re policing and casualty departments.

3. Hopefully league re-structuring, with an increase in competition.

4. If we lose the Sky deal, maybe more folks would turn up on Saturday's at 3pm (when football SHOULD be played) hopefully lessening the financial blow. An extra couple of hundred on the gates for every home game would probably achieve that.

5. Hopefully the slow death of sectarian hatred in Scotland. Starved of the oxygen of 4 bile-fests every season, it might actually stand a chance of dying out eventually.

Have I forgotten anything?

Vini1875
06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Would the huns support other teams? I think not but their children would and that would be a good thing for many clubs.

Would businesses suffer? Yes but mainly those holes of boozers around ibrox and flag sellers who would only have parkhead and hampden to peddle their wares.

Would Scottish football suffer? Yes in the short term but other clubs would emerge as more successful since I do not believe that celtc would simply win everything. A lot would depend on whether the huns would support another club in numbers. hearts being the obvious choice for them. It would be a laugh though if the huns followed the diet huns only to see them go down the plug hole a short time later.

I'm sorry to say that the huns will reborn in some way, there is too much money to be made from their slavering fans bigotry.

Juice-Terry
06-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I am no doubt expressing another minority view here, but I think that Hibs winning something - Scottish Cup, League Cup, The League(!?) - without Rangers as competitors would seriously diminish the value of that win. Like every other sane person I too dislike the bigotry, violence, and media/SPL/SFA bias etc. associated with Rangers, but I would still want them in the league system - relegated to the third division. The same goes for Celtic of course (although the third division stuff is obviously not relevant for them). Tin hat and all that....

'Mon the Cabbage!

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM
...I think that Hibs winning something - Scottish Cup, League Cup, The League(!?) - without Rangers as competitors would seriously diminish the value of that win.

Rangers cheating the system surely devalues the trophies they won whilst doing so. There must be a punishment for cheats, or ALL of football is devalued.

If Rangers are punished for cheating and Hibs win a trophy, Hibs have therefore won it fair and square and it cannot be devalued, so no, I heartily disagree.

Thecat23
06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Rangers cheating the system surely devalues the trophies they won whilst doing so. There must be a punishment for cheats, or ALL of football is devalued.

If Rangers are punished for cheating and Hibs win a trophy, Hibs have therefore won it fair and square and it cannot be devalued, so no, I heartily disagree.

100% agree.

PatHead
06-03-2012, 11:39 AM
The only downside I can see is all these fat, ugly, bigotted, drunk inbreeds (I would go further but new laws won't allow me to express my full views)won't be locked away every 2nd Saturday from 3.00pm. Lidl might also get awfy busy on a Saturday afternoon. Other than that it is all positive.

Juice-Terry
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Damn...I just caught myself writing a long response which made me sound like a Rangers supporter. Luckily I caught myself in time and deleted it. I think your point about them cheating their way to their (recent) trophies is correct. My point is simply that I want them to remain in the league so that we can beat them.

'Mon the Cabbage.

Newry Hibs
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
As far as over here in N. Ireland, I suspect Linfield will get a few more supporters. Maybe some other teams as well depending on which side of the house they are. Depending on the type of fan, I wonder if it would lead to a bit more sectarianism. In my little knowledge of the game, there seems to be little bigotry based trouble (not always the case) here - but if the fans currently going to Ibrox like the old 1690 stuff, they may want ot carry it on at home. I suspect many people watching local football do so because they like their club (admittedly they would have a preference for one half of Glasgow).

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
how many hibs games are on sky anyway???? far too few to even think about needing sky.

less money but a chance to grow.

i feel if rangers were to become non existent (which will never happen). celtic would suffer whether they think it or not but all the other clubs would be in a better position.
more to fight for. look at motherwell. they havnt spend crazy money and are now fighting for something they never thought possible. 2nd place. i think if they get 2nd place this year you will see tons more fans going to the games. that could also happen for the hibs. We have a much bigger fan base.

and if you look at the hearts. when Vladivostokinov came in there fans base was sooo much bigger! that would happen to alot of teams if they knew their team was going for something. e.g. dundee utd and aberdeen

all we need now it to get rid of smeltic and were on to a winner!

Largshibby
06-03-2012, 01:24 PM
OK, we've had all the accountants' / lawyers' views on the current status of DerHun on the other thread so I thought we should now look to the future. This is considering the possible (preferred) scenario of them being liquidated and NOT being replaced** by a phoenix company, i.e. NO Rangers F.C in any form whatsover.

Two questions:

1) What do you think followers of DerHun will/should do on match days to replace the matchday experience?

2) What positive/negative effects will this have on society as a whole, the economy, Glasgow/Govan etc.

** Please don't debate the likelihood of this happening and go and spoil the fun part of this thread :wink:

1. Stay in their sewers along with all the other vermin.

2. More good news when Celtic go the same way. 50% or more of their "fans" only buy season tickets to ensure they get a seat at the twice yearly tribal gathering. No Rangers - no Celtic support or at least much smaller therefore less cash, worse players and they come back to meet the rest of us.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Effect :rolleyes: - An extreme uplift in my (and many others) state of mental well being as I :faf: myself into a a happy place...

Septimus
06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Rangers will not disappear and it is fantasy to suggest that they might. The real danger they pose to "provincial" football in Scotland is that they drain away a fan base which might otherwise support the local team and thereby increase the chance of real competition in the league. I can't see how that could be changed but it would make a real difference if it could be.

I want Hibs to win the cup but I don't want it to be a cup for excellence in financial prudence.

superfurryhibby
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
No matter what happens they will exist in one form or another. It may take them a number of years to recover from this current situation but the scale of their fannybase more or less guarantees that they will.

The short term consequences may be a loss of Skye monies and a drop in gate receipts for all SPL teams (maybe around £70,000 before deductions for a fixture at ER?).

In my book no one really gains from this situation. Ok, someone else may get a crack at Champions League qualification for two or three years and one could argue that the prospects of winning a League or Scottish cup increase with the Huns being diminished for a few seasons.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Rangers will not disappear and it is fantasy to suggest that they might. The real danger they pose to "provincial" football in Scotland is that they drain away a fan base which might otherwise support the local team and thereby increase the chance of real competition in the league. I can't see how that could be changed but it would make a real difference if it could be.

I want Hibs to win the cup but I don't want it to be a cup for excellence in financial prudence.

About sums it up. The best we can hope for is a weakened Huns who have to punch their weight. They will still be a dominant force due to the sectarian and structural inequities of Scottish football, but hopefully will be able to be 'got at' occasionally, by well run clubs, like Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United and, most notably, Aberdeen, have been able to do for periods in the post-war era, before the Murray era of corruption and trophy buying.

neilmartinrocks
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
more gate reciepts for the 3rd 2nd and 1st Division clubs as the make their way back up.
a fair percentage of the glory hunters will revert to their local teams for that period also.
the rest of us get the chance to sort out the spl making it fairer and more competitive encouraging more fans to turn up (hopefuly at 3pm sat) in the hope/belief that they are in with a shout.
HAPPY DAYS INDEED!!

Hibercelona
06-03-2012, 02:15 PM

I must be the only non-rangers supporter that wants them to stay in business. I find it very poor taste that anyone who supports a football team would wish other football supporters to lose their team.

I sorted that for you. :wink:

Rangers were never a football team. They're a group of thugs who have cheated real teams out of deserved points and cup wins for many many years.

I hope they never reform in any way and hopefully one day Celtic will meet a similar fate.

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 02:36 PM
A Scottish club will go bust as a result of this - and stating the obvious I know but that club will not be Rangers. Dunfermline's recent problems only a start I suspect.

Re post on Northern Ireland football do not think it will make much difference - but from experience Old Firm fans there make much more effort to support the local teams than the people there who follow English clubs. But given Ibrox will probably become cheaper to go to in future I imagine a few more fans from the North may come over for games.

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
A Scottish club will go bust as a result of this - and stating the obvious I know but that club will not be Rangers. Dunfermline's recent problems only a start I suspect.

That's probably true.

However, you're not getting into the spirit of things here.

Lets all party like it's 1690...sorry I mean 1999. :flag:

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM

I agee with you but would comment I have not spoken to 1 Hibs fan who actually wants Rangers to not exist though plenty not unhappy to see them go through some pain and does not mean they like them as a club. This is not the case with some (a minority I accept) of Celtic fans I have spoken with though which does not put them in a good light frankly.

And do not expect a few mindless internet comments to represent reality.

Jones28
06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
If they are liquidated they will have to work their way back up through the ranks of Scottish football: regional leagues, 3rd 2nd 1st division. Gives at least 4 seasons of enjoyment for the rest of us :greengrin

If this were to happen we'd almost certainly lose the Sky deal - I think there is a clause in the contract that both the Old Firm have to be in the league for it to stand or they lose the 4 Old Firm games per season. This is a great thing for Scottish football IMHO. The money may get sucked out of the game for a bit, meaning that ALL clubs have got to live within there means because of massive reductions in income through TV, advertising etc. No more cheating by paying astronomical fee's/wages. The game would become more competitive and thus build its own reputation rather than leaching off that of the Old Firm, which is all modern Scottish football is really known for.

Kick-off times would return to 3 O'clock every Saturday for everyone. This helps bring the punters back in - crowds go up so revenues go up and the game builds itself up.

There could also be scope for some sort of SPL football channel - game of the week broadcast with highlights on a Saturday night (in HD as well please). The money this generates could go back into the game and be EVENLY distributed between all the clubs.

League would/should be expanded to 14 teams with 2 up/2 down - first/last would be automatic and the next would be a play-off between the 2nd and 3rd top/bottom teams. Either that or it would just be for promotion. Alternatively could have a simple 2 up - 2 down.

Malthibby
06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
The loss of Rangers would be a wonderful thing in my 'umble opinion, although I don't think it will happen.
We have spent decades talking about the ills of scottish football & the role of the old firm in those ills, so
if one of them went under as a result of years of cheating, I don't see why we should want them saved.
Rangers would, remember, leave Scotlend without a backwards glance if they were given the chance.
It's a cheerio from me.
GG

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 02:51 PM
If they are liquidated they will have to work their way back up through the ranks of Scottish football: regional leagues, 3rd 2nd 1st division. Gives at least 4 seasons of enjoyment for the rest of us :greengrin

If this were to happen we'd almost certainly lose the Sky deal - I think there is a clause in the contract that both the Old Firm have to be in the league for it to stand or they lose the 4 Old Firm games per season. This is a great thing for Scottish football IMHO. The money may get sucked out of the game for a bit, meaning that ALL clubs have got to live within there means because of massive reductions in income through TV, advertising etc. No more cheating by paying astronomical fee's/wages. The game would become more competitive and thus build its own reputation rather than leaching off that of the Old Firm, which is all modern Scottish football is really known for.

Kick-off times would return to 3 O'clock every Saturday for everyone. This helps bring the punters back in - crowds go up so revenues go up and the game builds itself up.

There could also be scope for some sort of SPL football channel - game of the week broadcast with highlights on a Saturday night (in HD as well please). The money this generates could go back into the game and be EVENLY distributed between all the clubs.

League would/should be expanded to 14 teams with 2 up/2 down - first/last would be automatic and the next would be a play-off between the 2nd and 3rd top/bottom teams. Either that or it would just be for promotion. Alternatively could have a simple 2 up - 2 down.

Agree with you but do not see why this needs a club to go bust - if clubs really had decent kick off times and play offs as a priority they could go for it anyway - they don't.

Jones28
06-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Agree with you but do not see why this needs a club to go bust - if clubs really had decent kick off times and play offs as a priority they could go for it anyway - they don't.

:agree:

The main thing is Sky money, that's the problem with Scottish football. Rangers and Celtic are the main reason Sky are here, without one or the other the money goes. This is the only way Scottish football will be sorted out.

cad
06-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Honestly wouldn't miss them and Celtic , 5 ish team having a chance of winning the league , plus European football ,
and a 3 o`clock kick off definitely gets my vote .