PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2

PaulSmith
05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Frozen prices
Free home strip
and 'free' tickets v the Old Firm

So both us and Rangers in the SPL next year, well that's that sorted. Isn't it?! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I think there needs to be a reduction in prices. Not a huge one but one for people to note that the club are trying to entice fans. I also think an early bird cup top up and a kit voucher like last time wouldn't go a miss :agree:. Some good family deals as well to get some more people commited.

Woody70x2
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Frozen prices
Free home strip

So both us and Rangers in the SPL next year, well that's that sorted. Isn't it?! :greengrin

How do you know this? Fact or fiction?

Wembley67
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
And free kids season ticket membership...

Cracking package, will be interested to see the full details tomorrow.

So far, well done Hibs :aok:

Westie1875
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
No mention of free cup top up, wonder if they're dropping that?

SteveHFC
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Frozen prices
Free home strip

Would there be any point renewing a season ticket when you get free tickets ;)

Keith_M
05-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Frozen prices
Free home strip

If we get relegated,our STs will be double the price of everyone else in the 1st Division. I just hope DAFC do the decent thing and apply to go down insead, for both our sakes....

ruthven_raiders
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
And free kids season ticket membership...

Cracking package, will be interested to see the full details tomorrow.

So far, well done Hibs :aok:

we've got a family season ticket, our son's cost is £50 out of £800+ we pay by direct debit. so would be good to get his ticket free, but will be a hard ask for a lot of families our included to keep paying, wages have been frozen in my company for last 2-3yrs and I am under increasing financial strain every month so will wait to see what they are offering first. and will take a decision nearer the end of the season rather than now.

green&left
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Where is the info coming from?

How is the "free" OF tickets working out?

Green Man
05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
The info's in an email, it came through 10 minutes ago. Full details will be on the official site tomorrow.

Cropley10
05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Frozen prices
Free home strip

Looks like a good offer - we've not sold ER out yet since we rebuilt the East, so giving me a spare ticket to get someone along is a good idea. A free home strip will go down well and I'm interested in what the free kids ST means.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
After 13 years I was almost certainly not going to renew the season tickets for me and the laddie, and was just going to pay per game.

I've no interest in a home Hibs shirt or handing out "free" tickets to friends.

If Rangers are relegated then that's two Category A games replaced with Category B games against Ross County.

If the "free" kids ticket means a substantial saving then I might reconsider, otherwise I'm pay per game.

Seveno
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
After 13 years I was almost certainly not going to renew the season tickets for me and the laddie, and was just going to pay per game.

If Rangers are relegated then that's two Category A games replaced with Category B games against Ross County.

If the "free" kids ticket means a substantial saving then I might reconsider, otherwise I'm pay per game.

Well I don't have kids and you don't seem to have friends so let's do a swap ! :greengrin

StevieC
05-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Well I don't have kids and you don't seem to have friends so let's do a swap ! :greengrin

You want my kids?!?!?! :eek:

.. or is that just on match days???

Most of my friends already have season tickets .. and the ones that don't are either St Johnstone supporters or token jambos.

pentlando
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I think there needs to be a reduction in prices. Not a huge one but one for people to note that the club are trying to entice fans. I also think an early bird cup top up and a kit voucher like last time wouldn't go a miss :agree:. Some good family deals as well to get some more people commited.

A freeze in prices is actually a reduction due to inflation. Whilst it may not seem so, in order for the tickets to be of the same value as last season Hibs should have increased them by a few percent.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
A freeze in prices is actually a reduction due to inflation.

Unless Rangers are relegated, in which case the loss of two Category A games will counteract any inflation savings. :wink:

I hope that the deal they announce tomorrow is a good one, because the season ticket sales have not been very good the last couple of seasons and we could do with turning it around.

mcvie7
05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Frozen prices
Free home strip

this all seems like a con to me . Giving us stuff that are no good to me like tickets for OF + kid season ticket . So I still pay Full price but I then get other people to go along for free ?

I would rather get nothing back from the club with a price reduction in season tickets .

TheEastTerrace
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
A freeze in prices is actually a reduction due to inflation. Whilst it may not seem so, in order for the tickets to be of the same value as last season Hibs should have increased them by a few percent.

You have to laugh - season tickets have risen massively way and above inflation for the last 20 years.

bingo70
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
You have to laugh - season tickets have risen massively way and above inflation for the last 20 years.

So has the cost of the playing staff and they've got to be paid for somehow

TheEastTerrace
05-03-2012, 01:43 PM
So has the cost of the playing staff and they've got to be paid for somehow

Yes, another commodity that's risen way above it's true value.

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Our S.T. prices must be some of the most expensive in the SPL, no? Over four hundred notes in most cases for and adult.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Our S.T. prices must be some of the most expensive in the SPL, no?

I think that Hibs max'ed out their season ticket prices back in 06/07, on the back of the Mowbray years. They have been losing season ticket holders ever since and most seasons have seen either price freezes or incentives to try and hold on to season ticket holders (which they've struggled to do).

Season tickets are no longer the big saving that they used to be 10-20 years ago and I find that I only need to miss a couple of games, for whatever reason, and it ends up more expensive than "walk-up" prices (cup top-ups aside).

If season ticket holders are so important to the club then I think they need to seriously think about reductions in the future, rather than price freezes (and incentives that don't benefit everyone).

That might sound harsh, but unfortunately it's the financial climate that we're in.

SteveHFC
05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I will to see what division we are in next season. Before i decide to renew.

Is it really worth paying £400 for a season ticket. When you can PATG at every home and most away games?

hibee62
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM

Didn't we reduce season prices a couple of years ago, the campaign was something along the lines of '07 prices?

And then there was certainly a price freeze at some point too, all in the last 5 years. Not too shabby really.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I will to see what division we are in next season. Before i decide to renew.

My first season ticket was the "great adventure" .. I felt that it was my "duty" to support the team in its hour of need. The weird thing is that I think I would be more likely to renew if we were relegated.

Not sure how to explain my reasoning for that. :confused:

Is it really worth paying £400 for a season ticket. When you can PATG at every home and most away games?

It used to be (when it was a lot cheaper than £400). IMO I think it's negligible now.

Big Frank
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
There needs to be a price reduction. A big reduction. The board/owner need to make up any perceived shortfall from new business streams or from their own pockets.

Price freezes help no fan as the starting price is ridiculous.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Didn't we reduce season prices a couple of years ago, the campaign was something along the lines of '07 prices?

Yes, you are correct.

I think that the new West Stand and the Mowbray years saw season ticket prices rise, with very little opposition, up until 07/08. Since then we've seen the "Roll Back" and "price freezes" to try and stem the loss of season ticket holders.

Unfortunately the only way to turn it around is a winning team on the pitch, of which there is never a guarantee.

To be fair to the board, they have tried to provide this and the annual incentives have usually been commendable (whilst trying to maintain season ticket income).

Unfortunately though, supporters are voting with their feet (can't really blame them) and crowds are dropping.

frazeHFC
05-03-2012, 03:17 PM
My first season ticket was the "great adventure" .. I felt that it was my "duty" to support the team in its hour of need. The weird thing is that I think I would be more likely to renew if we were relegated.

Not sure how to explain my reasoning for that. :confused:

It used to be (when it was a lot cheaper than £400). IMO I think it's negligible now.

No matter what division we are in, i will go to games, i think the reason for people deciding after the season is that they are not willing to pay that kind of money especially in the first division.

Beefster
05-03-2012, 03:19 PM

I'm exactly the same. It was going to take something pretty special to entice me to renew. A price freeze (which is the only bit that I'm interested in) isn't it, I'm afraid. Not when I can pick and choose my games and be pretty much guaranteed a seat.

It'll be our first season in about 15 years without an ST.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Not when I can pick and choose my games and be pretty much guaranteed a seat.

You've been guaranteed a seat for the last 18 years (since the Taylor report). :wink:

I know what you mean though. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-03-2012, 03:34 PM
i'm quite happy with the progress being made under Fenlon, i have decided to renew

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Frozen price WTF! It should be reduced prices after the pish that's been served up this season
:grr:

I'm still renewing though! :greengrin

bingo70
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
If hibs were to make it say 20 quid cheaper, how much difference would it make in actual cash if we assume we get about the same number of season ticket holders next year as this year?

I'm normally one to defend ticket prices but I wonder if making it marginally cheaper as way of an apology for poor performance may have been worth while, would only be a token amount and may have gone some way to building bridges.

hibee_girl
05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd decided to renew regardless but I have to say I'm not massively impressed with the offers. I'd rather another free cup top up (greedy I know! :greengrin) than a free ticket for someone else!

Also hoping the free strip can be any size as I'd rather a free strip for my son than for myself!

Interested to see what the Hibs Kids offer is as I take my wee cousin to games with me so if we can save on his ticket that'll be a bonus.

.Sean.
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I'll be renewing, but only as I can afford it.

If money was a bit tighter I seriously doubt I would be, fully understandable if folk with families etc don't renew aster the gash we've been enduring for the last few years.

IMO, they should've been dropped. They're far too expensive as it is, and they're the 3rd most expensive in the league.

QMU-1875
05-03-2012, 03:50 PM
How much would a season ticket be for a student next year? if anyone has the prices from last year handy could they post it up?

Andy74
05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd love Hibs to be able to make a reduction but I'd also have to accept that we would not be able to pay the current level for players.

If the clubs could agree across the board to cut wages then great, lower ticket prices, but I don't see that happening or being practical to implement any time soon.

Freezing is fair enough and if they chuck in a child for free they are already taking quite a hit as I think a lot of people take advantage of the family pricing.

I'd like Fenlon to be supported as much as possible and I think we need all the support and atmosphere that we can get so will try and renew.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Is this the same sort of "price freeze" that we were supposed to get this season that actually saw me paying 20% more than I did last season or is it actually a price freeze? :dunno:

I'll reserve judgement on this until I see the full details.

Whilst I think we will do just enough to stay up at Dunfermline's expense, if the worst was to happen, there's no way that I'll be expecting to pay the same price for a season ticket in the first division that I paid this year to watch SPL football.

Four or five matches every year against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts being replaced by matches against Partick Thistle, Morton and Queen of the South just doesn't sound quite as appealing.

Aaron
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I have no kids and I'm not interested in free tickets so it's a no thanks from me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

StevieC
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
If hibs were to make it say 20 quid cheaper, how much difference would it make in actual cash if we assume we get about the same number of season ticket holders next year as this year?

This season I think you would have paid approx. £445 in walk up prices. If you were unable to attend a couple of games that would drop to £401.
A season ticket costs £405.

I will usually miss 3 or 4 games a season, meaning that if I purchased a full price adult season ticket I could have paid nearly £50 more for a season ticket than paying per game.
I have paid this, without question, for the last 12 years .. I'm not sure I'll do it next season.

hibee62
05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, you are correct.

I think that the new West Stand and the Mowbray years saw season ticket prices rise, with very little opposition, up until 07/08. Since then we've seen the "Roll Back" and "price freezes" to try and stem the loss of season ticket holders.

Unfortunately the only way to turn it around is a winning team on the pitch, of which there is never a guarantee.

To be fair to the board, they have tried to provide this and the annual incentives have usually been commendable (whilst trying to maintain season ticket income).

Unfortunately though, supporters are voting with their feet (can't really blame them) and crowds are dropping.

Agreed, a lot of people would not renew with the current performances unless there was a massive price decrease that would not be sustainable. And if people are not enjoying what they see why should they spend money on it, if you paid a tenner to go to the cinema for a film and didn't enjoy it why would you pay the same to see the sequel?

Hopefully a good start to next season (hopefully in the SPL) will see a few late buys and then getting into the top 6 next year will see more people coming back the year after.

Westie1875
05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
This season I think you would have paid approx. £445 in walk up prices. If you were unable to attend a couple of games that would drop to £401.
A season ticket costs £405.

I will usually miss 3 or 4 games a season, meaning that if I purchased a full price adult season ticket I could have paid nearly £50 more for a season ticket than paying per game.
I have paid this, without question, for the last 12 years .. I'm not sure I'll do it next season.

I'm in the same boat as you, have missed a few games this season due to holidays etc. but the cup top up has made up for it. If this is dropped I'm not sure I'll be renewing as it would be cheaper paying as a walk up, a free strip would just sit in a drawer and I have no kids.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I'd love Hibs to be able to make a reduction but I'd also have to accept that we would not be able to pay the current level for players.

Are you sure? Not getting a season ticket does not necessarily mean that people stop going.
The "floating" supporter is where the difference lies.
If the club could entice the "floating" supporter to get a season ticket then it might benefit them in the long run (especially if it's a poor season).

At The Edge
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
i'll renew, but like others the 'benefits' mentioned so far if correct offer nothing to me except i get a my own seat, which i do like,
i have no kids, don't wear the strips, none of my mates support Hibs and if they did come, it would be because they couldn't get a ticket for the away end.

although saying this, if they don't offer a payment plan, i'll be a walk up as i can't afford the hit in one go.

Gatecrasher
05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
The problem i have with the walk up thing is i cant really be arsed going through the whole process for every game, its just easier to remember your ST. If you are a walk up then thats fine but if i were to stop my ST i would find my not bothering more often.

StevieC
05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
none of my mates support Hibs and if they did come, it would be because they couldn't get a ticket for the away end.

And the other issue with tickets for friends is that the chances are they wont get seats beside you so you'd all have to up and move elsewhere if you wanted to sit together. Not really a huge incentive to put yourself through the hassle of doing that ..

.. and then find out on the morning of the game that they've decided to go play snooker instead. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
05-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll renew but don't really want tickets for old firm games, not sure why there doing this other than they want a big crowd in on TV games

HH81
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Have the club confirmed this?

paxtonhibby
05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I will renew purely for the fact(as has been mentioned) for convenience and I like were I sit. My oldest son has to be dragged along so was only buying one kids st , so getting them for nowt won't be an issue now.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Have the club confirmed this?

Yes via e-mail if you're on the mailing list, full details to appear on official site tomorrow.

Seveno
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
The past is the past as far as I'm concerned. Fenlon is the future and I have faith.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2012, 05:44 PM
The problem i have with the walk up thing is i cant really be arsed going through the whole process for every game, its just easier to remember your ST. If you are a walk up then thats fine but if i were to stop my ST i would find my not bothering more often.

This.

scunnyhibs
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
i'll renew, but like others the 'benefits' mentioned so far if correct offer nothing to me except i get a my own seat, which i do like,
i have no kids, don't wear the strips, none of my mates support Hibs and if they did come, it would be because they couldn't get a ticket for the away end.

although saying this, if they don't offer a payment plan, i'll be a walk up as i can't afford the hit in one go.

Exactly this...except I do have hibby mates. With the axe af redundancy currently hanging over my head timing of payment plan will be very important too.

Just wondering if I would hang about near the ticket office with my free OF tickets and punt them for £20 a pop, saving someone a few quid on their ticket and saving me a potential £80 on my ST.
Bit of a moral dilemma as it could be seen as denying the club the £28 or whatever a Cat A will be next season which someone was about to hand over instead of getting my spare.....

That said if I ain't working I'll be an infrequent walk up at best

CallumLaidlaw
05-03-2012, 05:59 PM

I am the same position. It would be far too easy to not go on some weeks if I didn't have my ST.

Nando™
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
How much would a season ticket be for a student next year? if anyone has the prices from last year handy could they post it up?

I will be getting a student ST and have been led to believe that this season's prices were ~£170.

Keith_M
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Bloomin students, always wantin a discount! Get a job young man!!

Or maybe your parents could pay for it :wink:

ruthven_raiders
05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
So is their any word on a payment plan or is their a likelihood that it had been scrapped?
If their isn't one then there will be many people not bothering getting a season ticket

Malonga's Cat
05-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I am tempted to get a season ticket this year but as others have said, it will depend on the availability of a payment plan. I think the free top gesture is a good incentive. Not sure about the free old firm ticket however, it's tempting fate a little considering we haven't yet guaranteed our SPL status and either have one half of the old firm. It could just be an extra ticket to see Celtic, once. Big deal.

QMU-1875
05-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Bloomin students, always wantin a discount! Get a job young man!!

Or maybe your parents could pay for it :wink:

It wont be the parents itl be SAAS/tax payer :na na::aok:

nah joking, got a job aswell so hopefully the price isnt to much, heard it was roughly £170 last year?

:pfgwa

monktonharp
05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
my whole problem with this is: how are they going to hand out freebies for OF games? does Petrie know something that we dont?

Nando™
05-03-2012, 07:08 PM
It wont be the parents itl be SAAS/tax payer :na na::aok:

nah joking, got a job aswell so hopefully the price isnt to much, heard it was roughly £170 last year?

:pfgwa

Ahem....

I will be getting a student ST and have been led to believe that this season's prices were ~£170.

:wink:

QMU-1875
05-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Ahem....

:wink:
Actually seen it on your facebook bud, its sean i had to change my name on this because alloahibee wasnt logging on anymore for some reason!

Nando™
05-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Actually seen it on your facebook bud, its sean i had to change my name on this because alloahibee wasnt logging on anymore for some reason!

Ah! Nae worries man :aok:

Sudds_1
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd decided to renew regardless but I have to say I'm not massively impressed with the offers. I'd rather another free cup top up (greedy I know! :greengrin) than a free ticket for someone else!

Also hoping the free strip can be any size as I'd rather a free strip for my son than for myself!

Interested to see what the Hibs Kids offer is as I take my wee cousin to games with me so if we can save on his ticket that'll be a bonus.

You can have mine as a nightie if you like K..........:cb:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Hmmm I wonder what the free kids ticket offer will entail?

down-the-slope
05-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Not going to comment on offer until I know the full facts - I know thats not the .net way :wink: will see tomorrow what the full script is.

The issue for me - and I think the club know this is common - is that going to the football is a great deal about habit as much as entertainment / results etc etc. Not having a ST means its easier to break the habit....and then a new habit forms of occasional or rare attendance.

Also I may be alone in this - but paying my ST in one go and having a whole season of matches / cup top up / priority 'in the bank' as it were does not seem too expensive to me...but actually turning up and parting with £22 / £28 in stuff with the Queens head on does.....

Its the same as the way we have all got used to using debit cards -the instant value is diminished (like the £110 it costs me every 10 days to fill my Van .... if that was in cash I would struggle to hand it over...but using a card kind of distances me from real cost :rolleyes:)

So in effect I know that a ST is not great value....but I know that if I don't get one I will end up an ex-supporter very quickly

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not getting one next season, if they introduce a season ticket for guaranteed 3pm saturdays then i will. Or a season ticket for 10-12 games i will too. If i go to others i will just pay at the gate. Far too many daft kick off times now for me.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Wasn't so bad in days gone by when you could sell your season ticket voucher if you were going to miss a game and recoup some cash whilst giving the buyer a saving on gate prices. The card system has put paid to that as you're not going to give your ST card to a stranger. Unlike Liverpool and probably other EPL grounds where some dodgy will sell you a ST card outside the ground to get you in the game and whilst you're in your seat some other dodgy will collect it back from you!!!

matty_f
05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Will definitely renew, glad they froze the prices and if the kids are getting free season tickets this season then it'll cost me less to go next season than last, which is excellent news.

To be honest, even if the kids price was the same I'd have renewed, the club lost £900k last year, and we've another season in the bottom 6. If Fenlon's to have any chance of bringing in players that can prevent a repeat of this season then he and the club are going to need every penny they can get.

While I totally appreciate that folk have many different and very valid reasons for not getting a season ticket, from a purely selfish point of view I really wish that everyone that could get one, got one. Better players, better atmosphere, and we give the club the opportunity to grow.

Season ticket sales are essential for Hibs, poor sales and supporter apathy will simply make life more depressing for those that are going every week.

lucky
05-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Will renew but not happy about losing cup top up. No interest in a Hibs top or kids tickets. But this is open to abuse. How many adults will try it on on with kids tickets

Hibby70
05-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd like to see Hibs introduce a system where you can preload your membership card and the more games you put on it the cheaper they become. Eg 1 game £22 , 2 games £43, 3 games £63 etc. That would effectively allow you to pay by dd or a lump sum up front.

(the numbers above are for illustration purposes only and I haven't spent any time working it out properly as I am in the bath)

TamHibs
06-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Will there be a payment plan again this year? Tbh with a holiday on the horizon & having just moved into a new house I hope there is otherwise I won't be renewing, £810 is too much to fork out in one go for our season tickets.

Beefster
06-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Season ticket sales are essential for Hibs, poor sales and supporter apathy will simply make life more depressing for those that are going every week.

That's where it's up to the club to make it worthwhile and, for me at least, they haven't. If the details are right, it's a worse deal for me than this season was (i.e. no cup-top up).

I'm moving to a new house in the summer and, with the pathetic home form, have found going to ER a chore on way too many occasions. I also generally miss anywhere between 3-6 games a season. By not renewing, I can spend some Saturdays with Mrs Beefster and mini-Beefster, save some money that will help out with all the new house expenses and still get to see the games that I really want to.

bingo70
06-03-2012, 07:18 AM
If there's a payment plan ill renew as I've been encouraged my recent performances, if there's not i won't as I can't afford it, ill still pay at the gate most weeks though.

If there's no payment plan I wonder if that's caused by a lot of people cancelling the direct debit throughout the season?

Alex Trager
06-03-2012, 07:28 AM
No matter what division we are in, i will go to games, i think the reason for people deciding after the season is that they are not willing to pay that kind of money especially in the first division.

Well done, that's exactly what it means. People aren't going to pay ridiculous prices for a season ticket in terms of the SPL never mind the first division

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Anyone have any info regarding if there will be the payment plan option for next season?

dangermouse
06-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Will definitely renew, glad they froze the prices and if the kids are getting free season tickets this season then it'll cost me less to go next season than last, which is excellent news.

To be honest, even if the kids price was the same I'd have renewed, the club lost £900k last year, and we've another season in the bottom 6. If Fenlon's to have any chance of bringing in players that can prevent a repeat of this season then he and the club are going to need every penny they can get.

While I totally appreciate that folk have many different and very valid reasons for not getting a season ticket, from a purely selfish point of view I really wish that everyone that could get one, got one. Better players, better atmosphere, and we give the club the opportunity to grow.

:top marks A man that talks sense. I'll be renewing as well.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Still nothing appeared on Fishy site....:rolleyes:

Cup final priority for renewals :devil:

Beefster
06-03-2012, 07:58 AM

It will be definitely - for next season!

HH81
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Maybe there are checking out the feedback first before confirming it?

Mikey
06-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone have any info regarding if there will be the payment plan option for next season?

I would be gobsmacked if there isn't. It's very popular.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Hopefully there is, I never got 1 this season as I totally forgot/missed the deadline but will 100% be getting one next season along with a kids ST if the P/P is available :agree:

Gatecrasher
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
:agree:

Iirc the club said around a 3rd of STH use it

Teo10
06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
If there is a payment plan in place then I will be renewing.. well I think I will, cant remember the last time I didnt have a season ticket and I really really cant afford it but like last season, for some weird reason I will renew....

Hibs, I hate you!

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe there are checking out the feedback first before confirming it?

:agree: i think you may be right - the info put out had the caveat of 'other offers' which allowed them to tinker a bit.

If we get past Ayr (no easy job) the feel good factor will suddenly go into over drive so they need a hook to catch should that happen.....

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM

greenginger
06-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I will be renewing next season but with one priviso. The rank awful football and dismal atmosphere of the past couple of season won't stop me supporting my team.

However, if a Ne-co Huns are shoe-horned into the league or their dodgy players contracts swept under the carpet as just a technicality,
with the Hibs Board support then they will have to do without Season Ticket money in future.

Sure, football finances will be affected without Rangers in the top league, but if the rules are going to be bent for one club then football will have to get along without my money and a good few others too I would guess.

Thomson1875
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Seems all good, least they are trying something to get fans back. Although won't it be a bit of a loss with the free tickets/free home top?

Think it's motherwell that do it with there season tickets, they give a sort of discount card for all local businesses where you can get money off your purchases. Such as 15% off gym memberships, 10% off pizza hut and 5% off hmv ect. Reckon something like that would be not to bad.

2 things i think they should include in season ticket packages:

Hibs TV for 6months
No booking fees for season ticket holders.

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone had anything through the door yet? Still nothing on Fishy site.

Darth Hibbie
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone had anything through the door yet? Still nothing on Fishy site.

My postie has been and gone. Nothing from Hibs.

greenlex
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
If we are in The SPL and Rangers not I willgive Hibs £100 more.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Seems all good, least they are trying something to get fans back. Although won't it be a bit of a loss with the free tickets/free home top?

Think it's motherwell that do it with there season tickets, they give a sort of discount card for all local businesses where you can get money off your purchases. Such as 15% off gym memberships, 10% off pizza hut and 5% off hmv ect. Reckon something like that would be not to bad.

2 things i think they should include in season ticket packages:

Hibs TV for 6months

I like you thinking

Would a better option be a 'pick n' mix' style for the deals

Frozen Prices - Great!
Free SPL tickets against the OF - Pack the staduim out for what IS going to be a televised game, I can follow this. But most of my friend / family are either season ticket holders or have no iterest in attending a game involving Hibs vs OF. It would be 3 games minimum at about £27.00 per adult ticket. Give me reduced prices on my season ticket if I don't want to take this.
Free 2012/13 Home Kit - £40/£50 to spend in the club shop. Not every one wants to wear the shirts to the games.
Free kids season ticket - Great......I don't have any kids. Give me the cup top up. MUST be cheaper.
And lots more.......Can't wait to find out.

As season ticket holders we SHOULD get more for being the people of commit to the club before a ball is kicked.

Discount in the shop. Through-out the year.
Cheaper food and drink in the stadium. Behind the Goals and at half time.
Hibs TV for the season.
Hibs.net private membership:wink:

This flexibility (and a direct debit payment plan) would encourage more season ticket holders.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
still nothing on fishy site...bit of an O.G. to sent emails with info telling us to check detail / launch on site today....and mid afternoon and NOTHING :rolleyes:

Something changed (OF tickets not a goer as Gers getting Liquidated:greengrin - no plans for payment plan...and club has seen Forum response saying many only will if its available :rolleyes:)

TamHibs
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
still nothing on fishy site...bit of an O.G. to sent emails with info telling us to check detail / launch on site today....and mid afternoon and NOTHING :rolleyes:

Something changed (OF tickets not a goer as Gers getting Liquidated:greengrin - no plans for payment plan...and club has seen Forum response saying many only will if its available :rolleyes:)

I phones th ticket office bout an hour ago & was told by the girl that she didn't have all the details but as farad she was aware there should be a payment plan & the details should e up this afternoon.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I phones th ticket office bout an hour ago & was told by the girl that she didn't have all the details but as farad she was aware there should be a payment plan & the details should e up this afternoon.

:aok: thanks for update

BUT the staff SHOULD have all the details on the day the club has set for launch....very poor

Kojock
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Details now up

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420

Free Cup Top Up
Free Home Top (2 for 1 Offer)
Payment Plan (No longer interest free)
Free OF tickets
No Booking Fees

Early Bird Deadline 5pm 6th April 2012

PaulSmith
06-03-2012, 02:06 PM
That really is an amazing offer of allowing every ST member another free ticket v the OF.

Well done there Hibs.

TamHibs
06-03-2012, 02:07 PM
:aok: thanks for update

BUT the staff SHOULD have all the details on the day the club has set for launch....very poor

That's exactly what I wanted to say when she said bout not having details!

hibee
06-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Details now up

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420

Been waiting on this all say with the promise of free kids but there's only 250 and that's if you move to the FF lower. If I want to keep my seat in the FF upper it will cost me £170 for 2 kids tickets, at that price I'm afraid I can't justify buying them, gutted!

Agree with other comments too, a free ticket for someone who didn't invest in a season ticket is of no direct benefit to me.

PaulSmith
06-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Been waiting on this all say with the promise of free kids but there's only 250 and that's if you move to the FF lower. If I want to keep my seat in the FF upper it will cost me £170 for 2 kids tickets, at that price I'm afraid I can't justify buying them, gutted!

Agree with other comments too, a free ticket for someone who didn't invest in a season ticket is off no benefit to me.

Get in there early then and move down to the ff lower!!

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Crock of ****, the payment plan is now outsourced and no longer interest free!

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Link no worky?

Cabbage East
06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I have no kids.
I don't wear replica tops.
Payment plan is interest bearing now (also worth noting not everyone will be accepted for this now its outsourced to a finance company.)

Sorry to sound negative but nah, you're alright.

HH81
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Link no worky?

It was there before :agree:

Taken down :agree:

Kojock
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Link no worky?

Link did worky - Article has been removed from fishy site

Saorsa
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
It was there before :agree:

Taken down :agree::hmmm:

wonder what they're changing.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Price freeze? Not with the payment plan! Ripping us off again but trying to hide behind clever marketing..............lost 2 ST's here.

JimBHibees
06-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Agree with other comments too, a free ticket for someone who didn't invest in a season ticket is of no direct benefit to me.

Pretty happy with my seat in FF Upper, would need to think twice of moving down to FF Lower as dont think the view is half as good IMO and although I have one kid not sure I would want to go to a stand that is full of kids. The payment plan not being interest free is a bit of a poor one IMO as the plan was one of the best things about the Season tickets.

Also think the Hibs future category is a poor one as how does a kid suddenly have to pay more for their seat when they turn 12, dont understand this category and is a big jump from Hibs kids prices.

The free strip is 2 for 1 rather than a free one however sounds ok. The free ticket scheme for an OF game is a good idea.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Its a good deal - however I feel misled about the 'free child' offer...I am a West Stander and finding out that there are only 250 'free' deals and only in FF Lower I feel more cheated than if it had not been mentioned..:rolleyes:

So that will be one less as i'm not paying for kids again only to find they can't come due to times matches are moved to

Cup Top Up is good :greengrin

Free OF tickets is good :greengrin- try to take non Hibbies to ER when I can this will help (might even just give them to random tourists who cant buy seats due to not being on database (unless there is another catch like you need name age dob blah blah before getting these :rolleyes:)

SunnyLeither
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Link did worky - Article has been removed from fishy site#

I hope they've got a plan B cos I'm one ex-season ticket holder after reading that pile of ****** which seems to have dropped from the website. I was just unlucky to be in there when it originally went up and there's nowt there to get me to pledge £437 ....

Peevemor
06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Price freeze? Not with the payment plan! Ripping us off again but trying to hide behind clever marketing..............lost 2 ST's here.

It's hardly a rip off. Obviously the club's cash flow can't cope with financing the ST deals (ie. less immediate cash in the summer). The £30 or so charge goes to the finance company, not the club. This will hardly cover their admin costs and is purely a way to get names/potential clients on their database.

Kojock
06-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Seems to be working again

They have changed the Hibs Home Shirt offer

free home Top when you buy an away top

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM
So...

Kids go free but only in the FF stand and there's only 250 of them able to go free :rolleyes:

The price freeze is only a freeze if paying up front :rolleyes:

The free home top is only if you buy another :rolleyes:

And the free OF ticket's are for someone that's too tight to pay for a S/T themselves :rolleyes:...

Oh well, word play to make it sound like it's a decent deal...

JimBHibees
06-03-2012, 02:27 PM
It's hardly a rip off. Obviously the club's cash flow can't cope with financing the ST deals (ie. less immediate cash in the summer). The £30 or so charge goes to the finance company, not the club. This will hardly cover their admin costs and is purely a way to get names/potential clients on their database.

Its not a rip off however it is an increase of approx 35 quid if you are spending just over 400. Not a freeze at all, seems an ill judged move in the current economic climate with some losing their jobs, other uncertain in their jobs and prices in general increasing. This probably is the only way some with limited income would be buying a season ticket so to increase this at this time seems a mistake to me.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:28 PM

x2 = £60+ increase on our season tickets.................I'll say it again RIP OFF!

We could even be in the 1st Division!!!!

SteveHFC
06-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Payment plan seems ideal for me but i will think about getting a ST next season. :aok:

Peevemor
06-03-2012, 02:31 PM
x2 = £60+ increase on our season tickets.................I'll say it again RIP OFF!

Who's ripping you off? The club aren't getting more money out of it - they're just getting the cash quicker. Maybe you don't want PF to have funds available during the summer transfer window?

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Who's ripping you off? The club aren't getting more money out of it - they're just getting the cash quicker. Maybe you don't want PF to have funds available during the summer transfer window?

I have no interest in who gets the money, it's who pays it that concerns me! Asking me to pay £60+ more is A RIP OFF!

Two less ST's for Hibs, no great loss to them I expect!!

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
So...

Kids go free but only in the FF stand and there's only 250 of them able to go free :rolleyes:

And the free OF ticket's are for someone that's too tight to pay for a S/T themselves :rolleyes:...

Put like that, it's not great.

However, if you're a parent who likes sitting in the FF lower, were going to buy an away jersey anyway, had the 355 quid up front and wanted to take your unemployed OF supporting friend to a game for his birthday but couldn't afford the extra 28 quid (because you just paid up front for the ST)...

...What a deal!!! :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 02:36 PM
So...

Limit I can understand....but why only FF guess having behind the home goal empty does not look good on TV

Splitting hairs there - and might be down to people canceling DD's - credit agreement will mean you can't do that with impunity

That is not Free...a con - like the ladies telling you how much they saved buying shoes in the sale

That may be you mates...its a choice who you give / sell them to
(I will give them to genuinely skint / deserving people - if its chancers like my brother they will be doing lunch / beer as their contribution)

Cup top up great again

listened about booking fees

no increse (would have been suicide)

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Quick question.

Is there a link for buying online? I'm trying to buy a couple of STs but have been going round in circles on the website.

Thanks in advance.

HH81
My mate tried to get me to watch Bradford, seems like good deals....

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10266~2630136,00.html

Quite like their membership scheme for £50.00

SouthMoroccoStu

For an example payment cost of £437.36 on a £405 adult season ticket. That's only £32.36 extra spread over 11 months. So £2.94. 1 pint less a month and you get a season ticket for your beloved club. Not a bad deal if you can't afford the money up front.

And if you were going to buy the home top (which I do every year) I'll now get a free away shirt. THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.

Free cup top up. Brilliant. Very happy this deal is back.

Free kids ticket. The Famous Five Lower will be a Hibs' Kids game every week!!! Great stuff. Move if you don't have a kid. Again THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.

At the end of the day - Hibs / football is now a business. They're looking out for the supporters but ensuring the funds are they're to press forward for next season.

Over to you Pat. Start clocking up and wins and keep the performance level high and the hibees will be back in high numbers

Teo10
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Going to have to think long and hard about this now.. £2.94 or not, very dissapointed

green&left
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
£437.36 for an East Stand season ticket if paying up monthly :faf:

If we break even on the amount of season ticket holders we had last year, we're doing very well.

P*sh incentives/deals. I'll pass. PATG for me.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Quick question.

Is there a link for buying online? I'm trying to buy a couple of STs but have been going round in circles on the website.

Thanks in advance.

Says in offer from tomorrow

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Says in offer from tomorrow

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
£437.36 for an East Stand season ticket if paying up monthly :faf:

If we break even on the amount of season ticket holders we had last year, we're doing very well.

P*sh incentives/deals. I'll pass. PATG for me.

This..

Pretty hacked off at how the whole thing has been wheeled out, as I said before the major pro's to get/renew, free kids ST's, free top etc has all been a play on words..

Pish

Especially after the last 3 seasons of *****

Peevemor
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I have no interest in who gets the money, it's who pays it that concerns me! Asking me to pay £60+ more is A RIP OFF!

Two less ST's for Hibs, no great loss to them I expect!!

So who's ripping you off? Hibs who aren't taking a penny more from you or the finace company who are charging what amounts to an admin fee?

You got an interest free loan from Hibs last season which is exceptional, the fact they're not effectively giving money away again this year doesn't constitute a rip off in my eyes.

Beefster
06-03-2012, 02:44 PM

You've heard of forward planning, right? Whether the ST is paid up front or in instalments will make very little, if any, difference to what Hibs can spend in the summer window.

Edit: Has anyone tried hovering their mouse over the green price box at http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420 ?

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Charging £405 for a season ticket is a rip off

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Differing opinions on the value of this offer which is fair enough. I'm extremely disappointed in it and will not renew, in effect this means if I haven't got a ST I will be less inclined to put other things off in favour of the football!

TamHibs
06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
So is this years payment plan like applying for a loan etc? If so & I'm rejected then I'm screwed for a season ticket next year as can't afford over £800 in one lump sum.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
So who's ripping you off? Hibs who aren't taking a penny more from you or the finace company who are charging what amounts to an admin fee?

You got an interest free loan from Hibs last season which is exceptional, the fact they're not effectively giving money away again this year doesn't constitute a rip off in my eyes.

Did Hibs effectively have to pay out £405 when they handed me my season ticket last season?

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 02:50 PM
So is this years payment plan like applying for a loan etc? If so & I'm rejected then I'm screwed for a season ticket next year as can't afford over £800 in one lump sum.

I think so though not sure if you will be automatically accepted if you have previous good history with Hibs and their payment plan. A question to the club maybe?

Makaveli
06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I notice that ST holders will only avoid booking fees for away SPL games next season.

Better than this year but once more the people with a £20 club membership save £1.50 per ticket for cup games, friendlies etc whilst the £437 ST holders have to cough it up. Sunshine formula right enough, Hibs. :applause:

The stadium is too big and the saving vs walk-up prices is neglible, if it even exists when we're bottom six and missing 2 cat A games! There's no advantage to having a season ticket any more.

Peevemor
06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
You've heard of forward planning, right? Whether the ST is paid up front or in instalments will make very little, if any, difference to what Hibs can spend in the summer window.

Hibs have said they can no longer run/finance the payment plan themselves, therefore it's been outsourced (as happens at every other club).

The fact remains that more STs will be sold with a payment plan than without, regardless of who is funding/administering it.

More ST sales = bigger player/wage budget.

It's not complicated.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I think so though not sure if you will be automatically accepted if you have previous good history with Hibs and their payment plan. A question to the club maybe?

Doubtful, it'll be down to the finance companies decision if your application is successful

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Bought half season ticket this season after letting my season ticket lapse in last 3 or so years.

Cannot see myslef renewing full one next season so may get a half one again - perversely if we go down I am more likely to out of solidarity etc. Also, if club take any action on reintroducing terracing I am much more likely to renew in full at current prices - a bit disappointing that nothing has been heard on this yet.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I notice that ST holders will only avoid booking fees for away SPL games next season.

Better than this year but once more the people with a £20 club membership save £1.50 per ticket for cup games, friendlies etc whilst the £437 ST holders have to cough it up. Sunshine formula right enough, Hibs. :applause:

The stadium is too big and the saving vs walk-up prices is neglible, if it even exists when we're bottom six and missing 2 cat A games! There's no advantage to having a season ticket any more.

:rolleyes: with a ST and Cup top up...just what are you on about....no tickets required so why would a fee be payable

Gatecrasher
06-03-2012, 02:59 PM
You get the same moans every year, anyone who thinks Hibs are going to give all that stuff away for nothing extra were kidding themselves, there's some good deals in there I free kids ticket is not ssomething to just turn your nose up at. Hibs are trying but they have a football club to run.

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
That really is an amazing offer of allowing every ST member another free ticket v the OF.

Well done there Hibs.

Very good idea if true - I could not read anything about this. Extra incentive to get ST though - the prospect of half empty grounds at games v OF (and Hearts game was almost as empty) hardly encouraged one to buy a ST in last 2 seasons.

silverhibee
06-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Edit: Has anyone tried hovering their mouse over the green price box at http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120306/season-ticket-membership-201213_2262950_2635420 ?

Poop.

Code for tom kite. :greengrin

Makaveli
06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes: with a ST and Cup top up...just what are you on about....no tickets required so why would a fee be payable

Maybe try reading the second line. The bit that says "cup games, friendlies etc."

Not going to Ayr? Any ticketed cup tie - away quarters, semis, finals, plus home friendlies. There are also home cup ties for anyone who can't commit before the April deadline. With two friendlies and a decent cup run it could be 6 or 7 games.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
You get the same moans every year, anyone who thinks Hibs are going to give all that stuff away for nothing extra were kidding themselves, there's some good deals in there I free kids ticket is not ssomething to just turn your nose up at. Hibs are trying but they have a football club to run.

Why limit the "Free tickets for kids" to 250?

The stadium is ****ing half empty for all games except the OF/Hertz, why not fill it with folk bringing their bairns/wee bro's/sisters/cousins etc for nowt..

I'll no be getting one now, that play on words along with the frozen prices and free top bollocks has pissed me off...

Billy Whizz
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
For me next season's will be cheaper for me if I'm reading it correctly.
I get top up included in my seat price. I think this was around £25 for this season.
Also get a strip which I might have bought. Not too sure what to do with the tickets for Rangers/Celtic games that I'll get?

Gatecrasher
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Why limit the "Free tickets for kids" to 250?

The stadium is ****ing half empty for all games except the OF/Hertz, why not fill it with folk bringing their bairns/wee bro's/sisters/cousins etc for nowt..

I'll no be getting one now, that play on words along with the frozen prices and free top bollocks has pissed me off...

250 x £85 is a lot of tickets to be giving away plus not counting the 4 free games the Hibs kids get. They have probably set the limit to avoid too much of a gap from the offer

gogs_t
06-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Really disappointed in the pricing and incentives to be honest. Our ST's went up an additional £35 last year due to the introduction of the Futures category so my 12 year old was no longer a Hibs Kid. Wasn't too happy about that but still went ahead as the interest free plan still made it affordable. Now if I take out the installments option it's going to cost me about another £45 so my costs have gone up £80 over the last 2 seasons.

I had every intention of renewing if the deal was similar to last year with interest free and cup top up but I'm becoming a bit hacked off at the increasing costs in relation to the product on the park. We don't even know what division we'll be playing in!!

Looking at the consensus of opinion on this thread - I think they're losing touch with the ordinary supporter.

Judas Iscariot
For me next season's will be cheaper for me if I'm reading it correctly.
I get top up included in my seat price. I think this was around £25 for this season.
Also get a strip which I might have bought. Not too sure what to do with the tickets for Rangers/Celtic games that I'll get?

Only if you buy another one...

marinello59
Free cup top up again and the removal of transaction charges, ( my pet hate) , is excellent news. Filling the FF lower with families again is a great idea. And having free tickets to hand out to fellow Hibbys when the Old Firm come calling shows the club does listen. Renewals all round in our house.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM

Better read it again

hibbymac
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
After the e-mail yesterday sounded quite good, however, Lead balloon springs to mind.

hibee_girl
06-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm quite disappointed with their free kids ticket, don't see why it's only in the FF.

The cup top up being included is a big bonus though, the free OF tickets are great as I can give them to my Grandad and get him along more often, normally buy my son at least one of the strips so the 2 for 1 is a great deal.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 03:13 PM
250 x £85 is a lot of tickets to be giving away plus not counting the 4 free games the Hibs kids get. They have probably set the limit to avoid too much of a gap from the offer

How many more ST's would they sell if all kids went free rather than only just 250 or having to pay upto over 100 odd quid?

zlatan
06-03-2012, 03:17 PM

Plus if you wait a few months you could get them both for less than the cost of one at time of release.

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Plus if you wait a few months you could get them both for less than the cost of one at time of release.

Aye, and then get 1 of your ST holding pals to give you their free OF game ticket and you've got a great cheap weekend on the cards :aok:

Billy Whizz
06-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Stop moaning everyone, at least we've got season tickets to buy. Imagine if you were a Rangers supporter...........

Beefster
06-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Hibs have said they can no longer run/finance the payment plan themselves, therefore it's been outsourced (as happens at every other club).

The fact remains that more STs will be sold with a payment plan than without, regardless of who is funding/administering it.

More ST sales = bigger player/wage budget.

It's not complicated.

I think we're talking at cross purposes. I thought that you were implying that Fenlon would be able to spend more in the summer with a finance company running the payment plan then he would have with Hibs running it.

Geo_1875
06-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Very sad to say I will not be renewing my ST for next season.

However, I will attend as many games as I did this season and probably save myself some money.

Interest on the payment plan, what is that all about?

Buy one get one free on strips? That was advertised as a free strip. Delboy style business practice at best, maybe even downright dishonest.

Free tickets for every home game against the OF next season. We don't know that we'll get more than one, even if we're in the SPL.

Sorry, but that is not what I expect from Hibernian FC.

Aaron
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
What a crap deal. I will pass next season.

Those that want the payment plan will also need to pass a credit check so I guess a lot of younger supporters and people who don't have great credit will be refused and will be unable to pay the full cost upfront.

This is a bit of a disaster from Hibs I have to say.

.Sean.
06-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Meh. Doubtful.

All time low for renewals?

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe try reading the second line. The bit that says "cup games, friendlies etc."

Not going to Ayr? Any ticketed cup tie - away quarters, semis, finals, plus home friendlies. There are also home cup ties for anyone who can't commit before the April deadline. With two friendlies and a decent cup run it could be 6 or 7 games.

bought in ticket office while at home game - having a season ticket means you are there every other week - why would you want those posted

Peevemor
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I think we're talking at cross purposes. I thought that you were implying that Fenlon would be able to spend more in the summer with a finance company running the payment plan then he would have with Hibs running it.

There's that as well. The finance company will pay Hibs immediately. If there are deals to be financed, it'll be easier to do that with cash in hand rather than money that will be arriving in dribs and drabs over an 11 month period.

HibbyRod
06-03-2012, 03:37 PM
It just goes to show that it is very difficult to please everyone and, at the same time get in as much money for the season's budget to pay players, staff, running costs, etc.

Personally, my grandson will now be a "Future" as opposed to a "Hibs Kid" for next season.

We have "family" seats ST's in the West Upper. This year it will be £500 for us both as a packge (£380 + £120).

This eqautes for 19 home games to £26.32 for us both per match or, averaged at £13.16 each. Pretty good value!

In addition, we will have the Cup top-ups ..... great if we are lucky enough to have a few! (This will bring the average cost per game down even lower .... magic!)

Over and above this, we will get possibly four sets of free tickets for the home games against the OF (if they are both still in the league next season! :rolleyes:) Great news too!

I normally get a Hibs top-for my grandson, so this year he will get 2 for the price of 1.

No booking fees for away games like Hearts, etc., is good too, as it is a bit of a bugbear for me.

So, all in all, I am pretty pleased with the package.

I appreciate that those who spread the cost over a payment plan will have to bear an interest charge and will not be happy with that, however, as someone else said it probably equates to about a pint of beer a month to pay in this way.

Obviously, everyone would like to see prices reduced to go to the matches, but the Club has to draw a balance overall to help get the best team on the pitch.

bingo70
06-03-2012, 03:38 PM
From a selfish point of view its a pish deal for me, I can't afford 400 up front so its more for me and I grudge it after the year we've had. Leaning towards paying at the gate every week.

Can't really see any benefit to having a season ticket other than my own seat.

Jones28
06-03-2012, 03:45 PM
No way am I getting an ST next season.

ATM my dad pays £170 for me, next season I'd have to pay £405?!?! 2.5 times what my Dad pays. Insane prices! Especially considering we are narrowly avoiding relegation.

Can't argue with a free cup top-up. Don't wear replica shirts these days. Payment plan now with %16 interest? Bit of a sharp increase as far I'm concerned. Free Old Firm tickets is a good gesture though.

Overall it's a no bad effort from Hibs :aok:

Hibbylad86
06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Payment plan is intrest bearing now? Through Zebra finance.......never heard of them. Credit checked for a season book aswell? :confused: because I can't afford £405 upfront.

awch Hibs!! why do you do this time and again

TheEastTerrace
06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
is Liam Gallagher the brand ambassador ie. the 'sunsssssssshhheeeiiine formula'

Haven't read the offer fully but doesn't sound great scanning this thread

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
No way am I getting an ST next season.

ATM my dad pays £170 for me, next season I'd have to pay £405?!?! 2.5 times what my Dad pays. Insane prices! Especially considering we are narrowly avoiding relegation.

Can't argue with a free cup top-up. Don't wear replica shirts these days. Payment plan now with interest? Bit of a sharp increase as far I'm concerned. Free Old Firm tickets is a good gesture though.

Overall it's a no bad effort from Hibs :aok:

Welcome to the Adult world. Train/Bus fares will also double, if not more amongst many other things in life.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Some of this is good...some is 'smoke and mirrors' I have just realised that we now have kids...and futures (confusing enough last season) so free kids is not even that in the FF lower 250 limit...its free if you are under 12...mine are not....doubly annoying

lucky
06-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Frozen prices ..Not if you use the payment plan Lie No1 from Hibs
Free home top.... Only if but away top Lie No2 from Hibs
Free kids tickets ... wrong only for 250 families Lie No3 from hibs
Old firm tickets... No details given, whats the catch after 3 lies above

very disappointed in Hibs yet again. The club think we are fools. I doubt many will take up there offer this year.

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2012, 03:53 PM
As one posted stated, the PP + Interest would cost the same as PATG for all the games. However;

You wouldn't receive a cup top-up, so would have to fork out for those games.

You wouldn't save £1.50 on each Away Ticket you buy.

You wouldn't receive a free home strip.

You wouldn't receive free tickets for your mates for the OF matches.

Now, people don't wear replica tops, attend away matches or have friends to share tickets to. Personally, I will benefit from all of the above freebies so the deal is decent to those who can take advantage of the perks.

I reckon a lot of people took a half day from work to prepare some negative posts on this thread.

hibbymac
06-03-2012, 03:54 PM

very disappointed in Hibs yet again. The club think we are fools. I doubt many will take up there offer this year.

:agree: The e-mail actually said free home KIT.

Andy74
06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Meh.

hibbymac
06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
As one posted stated, the PP + Interest would cost the same as PATG for all the games. However;

You wouldn't receive a cup top-up, so would have to fork out for those games.

You wouldn't save £1.50 on each Away Ticket you buy.

You wouldn't receive a free home strip.

You wouldn't receive free tickets for your mates for the OF matches.

Now, people don't wear replica tops, attend away matches or have friends to share tickets to. Personally, I will benefit from all of the above freebies so the deal is decent to those who can take advantage of the perks.

I reckon a lot of people took a half day from work to prepare some negative posts on this thread.

Not that posts are negative, maybe people highlighting that there is not any "perks" for them. :dunno:

bingo70
06-03-2012, 04:00 PM
To think we pay a board an absolute fortune to come up with pish incentives like this.

Been absolutely pish and won about 2 home games in a year, dwindling crowds and they think the best way to entice fans back or to renew is a price increase for about a third of season ticket holders, can dress it up however they want but its costing me more next season than it did this season so that's an increase.

This is a time to be reducing prices not putting them up.

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Not that posts are negative, maybe people highlighting that there is not any "perks" for them. :dunno:

But the club are never going to be able to please everyone.

They have tried to please:

Fans who attend away matches
Fans who take Kids to the games
Fans who wear replica strips
Fans interest in free Cup games
Fans who would like free tickets to give to their friends

They have also frozen prices (bar payment plan) when running costs for the club will have increased.

Even if the dearest Adult ticket was £300 I still feel people would remain unhappy.

Wembley67
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Without reading through all of the the posts why the hell would Hibs offer a payment plan with no form of credit checking? Are they honestly expected to take on any random with no background checks...it could end up costing the club purely in recovery costs.

I'm sure we used to be charged interest quite a few years ago and folk weren't moaning but saying that times weren't as economically as tough as this.

bingo70
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Without reading through all of the the posts why the hell would Hibs offer a payment plan with no form of credit checking? Are they honestly expected to take on any random with no background checks...it could end up costing the club purely in recovery costs.

I'm sure we used to be charged interest quite a few years ago and folk weren't moaning but saying that times weren't as economically as tough as this.

No need for credit checks as you're paying for ticket for games in advance, if you default your card doesn't work, I would bet a good number of people with payment plan season tickets will have poor credit rating so we're definately going to lose out on some season tickets because of this

Hibercelona
06-03-2012, 04:09 PM
A complete rip off and in no way justified.

greenlex
06-03-2012, 04:11 PM

I dont think they were done last season. An amount was paid up front followed by least three monthly payments that more than covered a couple of games or so before a ball was even kicked. In short you were always a good few bob ahead of actual games and never in debit. If you stopped a payment your swipe card would have been stopped and you wouldn't see the next games until your account was up to date. No risk to the club whatsoever. I don't know why this has or needed to be changed.

.Sean.
06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
To think we pay a board an absolute fortune to come up with pish incentives like this.

Been absolutely pish and won about 2 home games in a year, dwindling crowds and they think the best way to entice fans back or to renew is a price increase for about a third of season ticket holders, can dress it up however they want but its costing me more next season than it did this season so that's an increase.

This is a time to be reducing prices not putting them up.

Bang on :agree:

Surely you'd have to have an awful credit rating to get refused though? I'm tempted by the payment plan - Won''t be paying upfront though as i've a couple holidays on the cards and a deposit for a flat to pay for.

JimBHibees
06-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I dont think they were done last season. An amount was paid up front followed by least three monthly payments that more than covered a couple of games or so before a ball was even kicked. In short you were always a good few bob ahead of actual games and never in debit. If you stopped a payment your swipe card would have been stopped and you wouldn't see the next games until your account was up to date. No risk to the club whatsoever. I don't know why this has or needed to be changed.

Agree I think the payments started in April so in effect you had paid 4 payments (I was paying 40 odd a month) prior to seeing any games so was well out of pocket before seeing a ball kicked. It can be dressed up any way you like it is an increase on what I paid last year paying through the payment plan. In this economic climate and given the league position it doesnt to me seem a particularly smart thing to do if the club are trying to get the same or more season tickets sold.

greenlex
06-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Agree I think the payments started in April so in effect you had paid 4 payments (I was paying 40 odd a month) prior to seeing any games so was well out of pocket before seeing a ball kicked. It can be dressed up any way you like it is an increase on what I paid last year paying through the payment plan. In this economic climate and given the league position it doesnt to me seem a particularly smart thing to do if the club are trying to get the same or more season tickets sold.

You aren't paying more for the season ticket you will be paying for the paying monthly element of it.
I am guessing the club spent a lot of time and money chasing punters who cancelled their direct debits last season for whatever reason so have "outsourced" that element. The club get the cash upfront and if you default with a payment it will be the credit company that has the hassle and cost of chasing the money and not the club.
Sign of the times I'm afraid. Most companies that allow you to spread the cost of something add a fee for the privilege. Car insurance etc.

StevieC
06-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Sadly, after 12 years in a row, I wont be renewing for me and the laddie.

It was touch and go as to whether I would, so the deal had to be right .. the interest on the payment plan tipped the balance.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
'Hibernian shares supporter frustration with the movement of kick off times to suit television'....the opening line in the 'free ticket' for OF offer (catches yet to be released )

So thats an admission that we will never play them at 3pm on a Saturday and so reduce the likelyhood of being able to attend :rolleyes: - the sooner one of them dies or leaves the better...

I am going to stop reading promo stuff...every time i read it I find something else to be grumpy about.....was quite chipper when i got the email yesterday :grr:

Steve20
06-03-2012, 04:29 PM
After 14 years as a season ticket holder, I won't be renewing.

Andy74
06-03-2012, 04:34 PM

It was touch and go as to whether I would, so the deal had to be right .. the interest on the payment plan tipped the balance.

That's likely to be a common view. The charge to pay it up probably wipes out the benefit these days.

Seeing the members get some better deals at the end of the year didn't help goodwill either!

I was quite set on renewing this morning. Can't say I'm too sure now.

ThirdManRun
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Does it say anything about the cost of pies? If they go up much more next season I might need a payment plan.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
No sign of a category B season ticket.

JimBHibees
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
You aren't paying more for the season ticket you will be paying for the paying monthly element of it.
I am guessing the club spent a lot of time and money chasing punters who cancelled their direct debits last season for whatever reason so have "outsourced" that element. The club get the cash upfront and if you default with a payment it will be the credit company that has the hassle and cost of chasing the money and not the club.
Sign of the times I'm afraid. Most companies that allow you to spread the cost of something add a fee for the privilege. Car insurance etc.

I realise that I am still paying more though. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
You still get a lot more for your ST now than you did a few years ago. I remember when it was just the ticket without the cup games!

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
You still get a lot more for your ST now than you did a few years ago. I remember when it was just the ticket without the cup games!

:agree: Used to be £45 for top up......

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Aye but that was back in those hazy days where we used to win at home more than twice in a calender year :aok:

The board have got a ****ing brass neck IMO..

Rolling out the "Delboy-esque" email yesterday then hitting us with the real pish today..

£400+ to watch a team that cannae win at home and MIGHT be in the 1st division next season..

**** that :rolleyes:

konte's one-two
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Yesterday when I heard what offers we we're getting for next season looked very good and enticing,,

After reading the in's & out's of it, We'll done Petrie & Co I didn't think you could get even worse , but you've really topped yourself this time

Free kids season ticket:
Sounded great, reality is there is only 250 tikets available for the FF stand, and only available to full paying adults.

Free home top
Excellent deal you think, looks good on the tin! But free top only when you buy the away top, can't think of many of th 30+ year old supporters (majority of fans) that would be taking this deal up, unless it's for the kids.

Cup top up for free
Same as last year, no great change there

Interest free
charging for this option, forcing people to part with all the cash in one go, not really a good incentive to get more bums on seats IMO

Price Freeze
Cant exactlymake us pay more to watch that Wiss

Free old firm tickets
Very good idea, but unfortunatly for Hibs this has forced my hand in deciding not to renew.

I'm bored stiff of watching the same old boring teams week in week out, and this is further enhanced by the poor poor standard of play at ER, at the moment I could only see myself looking forward the CAT A matches next season, and by the looks of it there's a good chance I'll get a free ticket to 4 of the 6 CAT A matches next season, so why bother?
If we we're to improve I could easily see myself buying a 1/2 season next year. But until we improve then no,

Mikeystewart
06-03-2012, 05:04 PM

I share your dissapointment.

Mikeystewart
06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Yesterday when I heard what offers we we're getting for next season looked very good and enticing,,

After reading the in's & out's of it, We'll done Petrie & Co I didn't think you could get even worse , but you've really topped yourself this time

Free kids season ticket:
Sounded great, reality is there is only 250 tikets available for the FF stand, and only available to full paying adults.

Free home top
Excellent deal you think, looks good on the tin! But free top only when you buy the away top, can't think of many of th 30+ year old supporters (majority of fans) that would be taking this deal up, unless it's for the kids.

Cup top up for free
Same as last year, no great change there

Interest free
same as last year

Price Freeze
Cant exactlymake us pay more to watch that Wiss

Free old firm tickets
Very good idea, but unfortunatly for Hibs this has forced my hand in deciding not to renew.

I'm bored stiff of watching the same old boring teams week in week out, and this is further enhanced by the poor poor standard of play at ER, at the moment I could only see myself looking forward the CAT A matches next season, and by the looks of it there's a good chance I'll get a free ticket to 4 of the 6 CAT A matches next season, so why bother?
If we we're to improve I could easily see myself buying a 1/2 season next year. But until we improve then no,

Its not interest free...

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I will renew as thats what I do, and freezing prices is great including cup top up, but realistically would have been bare faced cheek to increase pricing, after performances on last two Seasons.

I never buy a kit so that won't be used, and I don't understand the bring a friend scheme to old firm match, there is no benefit to me on this.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards...

greenlex
06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I will renew as thats what I do, and freezing prices is great including cup top up, but realistically would have been bare faced cheek to increase pricing, after performances on last two Seasons.

I never buy a kit so that won't be used, and I don't understand the bring a friend scheme to old firm match, there is no benefit to me on this.

That's where I am too. I will pay upfront this year instead of spreading the cost.

Keith_M
06-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Can anybody explain to me how the free ticket for OF games is an incentive to the person paying? :confused:

It may be an incentive to your mate to talk you into it but it's hardly a benefit to the ST holder.

Barney McGrew
06-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Totally and utterly underwhelmed TBH. As others have said, the payment plan sticks on an extra cost that means if you'd had something similar in place this year it would actually have been cheaper to pay at the gate! Given that history tells us that there will be plenty of offers throughout next season to fill the empty seats we'd have anyway, then there's no financial incentive whatsoever to take a season this year unless you normally buy both home and away shirts.

The OF 'free ticket' is a ****in joke as well and you've got to wonder who'd hairbrained idea that was - surely that will lose the club serious revenue if they're giving away thousands of tickets to those games when a good percentage of those who will take the free tickets would have paid to go? Bonkers, and no real incentive to buy a season IMO.

It's a totally lost opportunity to try and get some more season tickets sold for next season and unless we do something mad like either winning the cup or go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season then it'll be the lowest season ticket take up we'll have had for years.

down-the-slope
06-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Norman No Mates :greengrin

bingo70
06-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Totally and utterly underwhelmed TBH. As others have said, the payment plan sticks on an extra cost that means if you'd had something similar in place this year it would actually have been cheaper to pay at the gate! Given that history tells us that there will be plenty of offers throughout next season to fill the empty seats we'd have anyway, then there's no financial incentive whatsoever to take a season this year unless you normally buy both home and away shirts.

The OF 'free ticket' is a ****in joke as well and you've got to wonder who'd hairbrained idea that was - surely that will lose the club serious revenue if they're giving away thousands of tickets to those games when a good percentage of those who will take the free tickets would have paid to go? Bonkers, and no real incentive to buy a season IMO.

It's a totally lost opportunity to try and get some more season tickets sold for next season and unless we do something mad like either winning the cup or go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season then it'll be the lowest season ticket take up we'll have had for years.

Spot on Hugh, I've been thinking I maybe over reacted and thought I maybe should just do the payment plan as its only a couple of quid a month extra but then I think why should I, ill just buy tickets for the month ahead when I get paid so basically ill go to all the games and by the time I get free tickets for old firm games ill probably end up paying less than you if you are to miss any games throughout the season.

I also think my mates would have every right to tell me to **** off when I ask for their free ticket.

Can see how some of the offers may benefit a small number of fans but its done nothing to entice new fans and pissed off a huge chunk of existing season ticket holders.

Someone needs shot for this

down the slope
06-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Don't give yourself any grief over it , just walk up for any game you want to, that's what they built the new stand for isn't it ?.

Barney McGrew
06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
They have also frozen prices (bar payment plan) when running costs for the club will have increased

I'm not buying that argument. Wages and running costs will have been cut this season from last.

There's clearly less income, but that's down to less bums on seats because the product has been so poor.

greenlex
06-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm not buying that argument. Wages and running costs will have been cut this season from last.

There's clearly less income, but that's down to less bums on seats because the product has been so poor.

I am not buying that Barney. Wages cut? I doubt it very much. Whatever the reason we got rid of players and brought new ones in. That will have cost plenty. Cost plenty that wasn't budgeted for either. add to that that's probably the second year on the bounce too.

bingo70
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I am not buying that Barney. Wages cut? I doubt it very much. Whatever the reason we got rid of players and brought new ones in. That will have cost plenty. Cost plenty that wasn't budgeted for either. add to that that's probably the second year on the bounce too.

So surely we need to attract fans to the ground to cover that? What we've done today has done nothing to do that

greenlex
06-03-2012, 05:53 PM
So surely we need to attract fans to the ground to cover that? What we've done today has done nothing to do that :agree: Fair comment but a different argument.

BEEJ
06-03-2012, 05:57 PM
They haven't yet announced walk-up prices for next season.

They could be increased.

S.sct
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Don't give yourself any grief over it , just walk up for any game you want to, that's what they built the new stand for isn't it ?.
I must admit i did seriously think about investing in a ST for next season after a loooong time without one. However, looking at the offer it really would'nt be financially viable. No continuety in fixtures (TV games) would probably mean me missing a game or two. Also after the poor fare served up over the past few years my wee man will not entertain coming back to a game (going to ER is now used as a punishment threat). Although i think the free cup top up is a long overdue improvement i think they need to be more creative to encourage any comittment. I am relitively happy with the membership card and will continue to pre purchase games of my choice on that. Pity but in my situation a ST at this cost is simply not an option.

Saorsa
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
They haven't yet announced walk-up prices for next season.

They could be increased.Well if they do efter the pish that's been on show for the last few seasons, not only will I no longer be a ST holder, I'll be picking and choosing the games I go tae as well.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Its not interest free...

I think that Hibs funded last year's "interest free" plan and may have been "stung" by people cancelling their direct debit giving them possibly reduced income or additional costs in pursuing payments not made on time or not made at all! :confused:

Alternatively, maybe they just can't afford to wait for the cash this season in the light of a need to re-assemble the playing pool yet again with no realistic scope not to do it sooner after the end of this season rather than later! :dunno:

However, looks like they have brought a finance company in this time and they won't do it for nothing nor will they mess about if people stop making payments! :rolleyes:

bingo70
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I think that Hibs funded last year's "interest free" plan and may have been "stung" by people cancelling their direct debit giving them possibly reduced income or additional costs in pursuing payments not made on time or not made at all! :confused:

However, looks like they have brought a finance company in this time and they won't do it for nothing nor will they mess about if people stop making payments! :rolleyes:

Well however much we save by doing this I think we'll lose out in the number of st holders we get next season

TornadoHibby
06-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Well however much we save by doing this I think we'll lose out in the number of st holders we get next season

Whilst I think that you may well be right, it might just be that Hibs really can't afford to fund it again even if that sounds daft based on your point! :confused:

smurf
06-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Where I am. No renewal for me and the wee gadgie. I know this was never going to be an easy pitch but don't think this has been thought through and focus group tested....

Gatecrasher
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DyqiPbJWY&feature=g-u&context=G25fd965FUAAAAAAACAA

The 2nd half of the video is Pat giving reasons to renew.

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DyqiPbJWY&feature=g-u&context=G25fd965FUAAAAAAACAA

The 2nd half of the video is Pat giving reasons to renew.

I really like his interviews......:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2012, 07:02 PM
But the club are never going to be able to please everyone.

They have tried to please:

Fans who attend away matches
Fans who take Kids to the games
Fans who wear replica strips
Fans interest in free Cup games
Fans who would like free tickets to give to their friends

They have also frozen prices (bar payment plan) when running costs for the club will have increased.

Even if the dearest Adult ticket was £300 I still feel people would remain unhappy.

I'm quite surprised by the amount of unhappy reactions. I think the club has included something for most fans, as you say. For those who use the installment payments, it would be better to remove the interest element. Not right to punish those who can't pay in one go. I'd like to see more done for students, the unemployed and other groups, in order to boost season ticket sales. I'm happy with the early bird offer, especially the cup top up.

Of course some people can't afford the prices for modern day football. Others aren't happy with the way the club is going, and some people work weekends etc. Could be any number of reason why people can't get an S.T. But if you do have one and are thinking of stopping, hang in there if you can. We've a cracking stadium with 20,000 seats, so let's see how many we can fill. If we stay up, I'm sure next season will be much better.

:flag:

andy1875
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM
The board needed to look no further than across the city at a deal I'm sure Hearts offer, kids get in for £18 a season, works out at £1 a game. If its not exactly that then its not far of the deal my mate told me about.

Charge £350-£400 an adult with the option of a payment plan while your at it and you have yourself a far more attractive proposition to fans.

It's certainly not rocket science that the kids are the future and with the prices we charge for a parent and kid to go, £400 & £120 approx? = £520 before u talk about luxuries such as food/programme etc for the kids and you very quickly have yourself a pathetically expensive year.

I was waiting to see what offer came out for me and my 5 yr old girl for next season as fancied joining my dads crowd in the terracing, it's unlikely now.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
For an example payment cost of £437.36 on a £405 adult season ticket. That's only £32.36 extra spread over 11 months. So £2.94. 1 pint less a month and you get a season ticket for your beloved club. Not a bad deal if you can't afford the money up front.

And if you were going to buy the home top (which I do every year) I'll now get a free away shirt. THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.

Free cup top up. Brilliant. Very happy this deal is back.

Free kids ticket. The Famous Five Lower will be a Hibs' Kids game every week!!! Great stuff. Move if you don't have a kid. Again THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.

At the end of the day - Hibs / football is now a business. They're looking out for the supporters but ensuring the funds are they're to press forward for next season.

Over to you Pat. Start clocking up and wins and keep the performance level high and the hibees will be back in high numbers

I agree that perhaps things like the strip and the Hibs kid ticket could be deleted to give 'free' finance?!

Big Frank
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Seems Hibs are polishing a jobby.

ThirdManRun
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
The board needed to look no further than across the city at a deal I'm sure Hearts offer, kids get in for £18 a season, works out at £1 a game. If its not exactly that then its not far of the deal my mate told me.

I'd rather the board looked a lot further than across the city. Our deal isn't great, but I doubt Hearts' deal is sustainable.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I have been looking at reviews on other club boards regarding this finance company. Lots of unhappy punters refused credit due to their credit rating..................More lost ST sales!!!!!

lucky
06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Our deal is poor. At a time when Scottish football is dieing they come up with this rubbish. Nothing is as they advertised. Hibs crowds will continue to drop. I'm lucky I can afford it but I hate getting the Piss taking out of me. At this moment I'm not renewing as I feel let down by the club. Hibs know as fans we follow blindly but I think at a time when the country is in such a mess that they should have been smarter with their thinking.

hibee
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Get in there early then and move down to the ff lower!!

That's my point, don't see why I should have to move away from my mates and from a seat I've had since the FF was built just to get the free child offer. If I don't get my kids a ticket they will find other things to do and will be lost to the club forever!

lucky
06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Nearly 27% of ST saying not renewing. Hibs have got this so wrong.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2012, 10:08 PM

Is this because of performance over the last 2 seasons or a money issue?

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Is this because of performance over the last 2 seasons or a money issue?

Or because they have pissed us off by dressing up a pigs ear as a silk purse!

Billy Whizz
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
They have kept the prices the same and added a few trimmings, whether you like it or not. Have I missed something?
I've looked at me and my 2 girls season tickets (both full paying adults) and next seasons gives us slightly better value
1) They both buy a strip. So they get 1 free
2) cup top up included

The bit I don't agree with is giving a free ticket for a Rangers or Celtic game. I won't be taking this up as I'm not giving a ticket to friends that can't be arsed going on a regular basis!
If people don't want to pay extra on the payment plan they
some can apply for an interest free credit card.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2012, 10:43 PM

I'd say a big part of that is because of the silly days and times. It is for me, but i would buy a season book for the guaranteed 3pm saturday games, is that option there for say 10-12 games?

TheEastTerrace
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I find the marketing campaign an embarrassment to Hibs - 'sunshine formula' - seriously, WTF? You plus Football equals Sunshine? More like sun*****.

Big baws-up from Hibs yet again.

Westie1875
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd say a big part of that is because of the silly days and times. It is for me, but i would buy a season book for the guaranteed 3pm saturday games, is that option there for say 10-12 games?

I wonder why the club don't offer some sort of option for X number of games, say 15 games instead of the full 18/19 with a discounted price and a section of the stadium with allocated seating sections for these rather than specific individual seats. With the cards they could surely set them up to work for a set number of games and once you've been to that number the card doesn't work or you need to pay extra to add more. Most people with a ST will miss a few games each season due to holidays etc. surely something like this would encourage people who otherwise wouldn't renew as they know they'll miss a few games.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
They have kept the prices the same and added a few trimmings, whether you like it or not. Have I missed something?
I've looked at me and my 2 girls season tickets (both full paying adults) and next seasons gives us slightly better value
1) They both buy a strip. So they get 1 free
2) cup top up included

The bit I don't agree with is giving a free ticket for a Rangers or Celtic game. I won't be taking this up as I'm not giving a ticket to friends that can't be arsed going on a regular basis!
If people don't want to pay extra on the payment plan they
some can apply for an interest free credit card.

I bought two tickets last year on the PP - Can I buy them on the plan this time at the same price? NO! Price frozen they said!!!!

Cup Top Up Last Year free for early bird - No change

Free shirt it said in email yesterday. Have to buy one to get one - Mislead me yesterday.

Free kids ST stated in e-mail yesterday. Can I get one for a kid without moving seat? NO Mislead me again.

Free OF Tickets! Does that benefit me? NO

So while it may suit you it is a crock of **** to me!

matty_f
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
A huge anti-climax from what I was expecting to see after yesterday's email teaser, however, I'll renew for this reason:

"The challenge for us all is to try and get us back to where we should be as a football club in Scotland.
I have a determination and a will to do well for the people who ultimately employ me - the supporters.Season ticket members are what the club is all about. They allow the football club to be able to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team.Season ticket members are how the club goes from day to day and that should never be forgotten by anyone. They are the people that actually put their hands in their pockets early no matter what happens and are willing to stand up at the start of the season and back their club, and I know why - because that's what it means to them.I want to thank them for standing up for their club in recent times.I know it's a difficult time, and I know it's their football club. At the end of the day, they will dictate how we move forward as a club. I understand times are harder for everybody. But right now, it really is about the supporters of this football club and their great affinity with Hibernian."We're going to get there - it's a big challenge for everybody and we all need to make it happen. Together."Pat Fenlon
Manager, Hibernian FC

Pat can't turn it around without us.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
A huge anti-climax from what I was expecting to see after yesterday's email teaser, however, I'll renew for this reason:

Not true, Motherwell have a good side on less than we currently pay and less season ticket holders, as do pretty much every other team.

Your statement is just a scare story that has no foundation. A good manager will manage well, more funds do help, but there's enough decent teams way above us doing well without us having to buy 7-8-9 thousand season tickets. We'd like to sell that many, but there's no chance of that.

matty_f
06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Not true, Motherwell have a good side on less than we currently pay and less season ticket holders, as do pretty much every other team.

Your statement is just a scare story that has no foundation. A good manager will manage well, more funds do help, but there's enough decent teams way above us doing well without us having to buy 7-8-9 thousand season tickets. We'd like to sell that many, but there's no chance of that.

A good manager will do well, that is true, however the likelihood of him doing well when he has to rebuild on the scale that Fenlon has to rebuild, with a hugely limited budget, is greatly diminished.

If we, like Motherwell, were only needing to add one or two new faces to the team then I'd agree with you.

IMHO, we are at a point where we'd need to outspend Motherwell just to have a chance of catching up with them.

Beefster
07-03-2012, 06:49 AM

I'll freely admit that the main reason that I'm probably not going to renew is home form. I'm fed up (and frequently bored out of my tits) watching us failing to win, playing ***** football, every other week at random times. I've continued to renew for the last few years in anticipation of things improving. They haven't. I've also paid more for a ST in recent years that it would have cost me to walk-up (mainly because I miss a number of games every season).

The club could have tempted me to renew without hesitation with the right ST package. Yet again though, they've managed to turn an opportunity into a complete marketing/comms disaster. The package as promised in the email wasn't good enough for me anyway but for it to be subsequently caveated out of usefulness for a lot of supporters is unforgivable IMHO.

The club cannot keep repeating the mantra that they're a business and then repeatedly piss off their, already-disillusioned, customers.

3pm
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
I'll be back.

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I'll be back.

Ok Arnie :aok:

PeeKay
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
The free OF tickets could turn into a security disaster. The people most likely to want to get hold of these will be OF supporters. OK, after the event, tickets given to away supporters will be traced back to the ST holder, but by then it will be too late.

degenerated
07-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Couldn't agree more, with crowds at a low you would think they would come up with something that actually entices people.

For the first time in many a long year I won't be a season ticket holder.

Marketing, sales and pr at the club are equally as amateurish as some of the displays I've overpaid to watch on the park of late.

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Having slept on it, I'm probably more so annoyed now and pretty much shocked at the boards decision to roll out with this as the renewal/new ST offer..

It would appear they have NO concept of what the fans are thinking or feeling, have they lost all grip on reality?

To build the new package up in the email on Monday just to piss folk off with the real info yesterday is a MASSIVE balls up!!

Why not fill the consistently half empty stadium with families that have got their kids in for free, or for say £20 for the season?

Could stipulate that the "Free Kids" ticket is only valid for Cat B games and no cup top up etc?

Prices frozen - Only if paying 400+ smackers up front!!

Ok, some might say its only 30 odd quid but thats not the point, Hibs should've REDUCED ST prices and took the interest in the P/P into account, market it as some reduced ST prices & some frozen?!

The board need to realise the fans have been subjected to utter dross for 3 seasons, well, since we won the CIS we've been on a chronic downward spiral, and that's been THEIR fault for appointing usleless managers...

Add in the fact there's still plenty chance we'll get relegated this season so that means £400 odds to watch us in the 1st division?!

Our board are paid top dollar and for the marketing/PR department but the joeys in the hot seats are clearly so out of touch and dont realise the huge amount of apathy and disinterest which is coursing through our support ATM...

HUGE own goal again by Rod & co, I thoroughly expect this coming season to be the lowest ST holders in the last decade...

flash
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Am disappointed that the payment plan is no longer interest free but, other than that, it seems reasonable when you are getting the Cup Top Up again.

Even more disappointing is the amount of whinging on this thread.

H18sry
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Why not introduce a "CAT B" season ticket for people who cannot attend games at midday on a Saturday or Sunday ? It defies logic :agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Why not introduce a "CAT B" season ticket for people who cannot attend games at midday on a Saturday or Sunday ? It defies logic :agree:

:agree: It is my choice, is there anyone else out there who'd get one of these?

Surely i'm not the only person who cant make the early kick off times on a Saturday or Sunday? :confused:

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Surely i'm not the only person who cant make the early kick off times on a Saturday or Sunday? :confused:

:agree:

When taking into account how many games I'd miss due to early Sat KO's, or games on a Sunday, either through work or playing football, getting a ST makes no financial sense at all..

I reckon, at the least, I'd miss 5 games, no value in a ST whatsoever then!!

Andy74
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Membership would be the best way surely? Add in the games you want with no booking fee?

I don't think they could give you the same reserved seat or a reasonable discount for a package of a few games. Introducing some scale on that would be useful though.

H18sry
07-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Having received the E-Mail on Monday building up he new season ticket deal, I was waiting in anticipation for the details to arrive into my inbox yesterday, and when it failed to arrive , I searched the Hibernian site to find out what exciting offers we were getting,only to be totally under whelmed.

Free kids tickets? Yes if you move to the FF lower and your kid is under 11 and if you are lucky enough to be in the first 500.

Free Hibs kit? Now changed to a free home top if you buy an away top.

Prices frozen? Not if you pay by payment plan,the actually increase by £30

Free Old Firm tickets? Why would I want another ticket when I already have a season ticket? If a mate wants to go let him pay for his ticket like I had to. So how is it worth up to £112 to me?

I think Hibs have missed a trick by not following the lead of other SPL clubs and introducing a "cat B" season ticket for people not able to attended fixtures that have been moved from 3PM Saturday's.

We had one of the top priced season tickets last season and the number of season ticket holders dropped from the previous season's, with the stadium now complete I am able to walk up and pay for entry to any game and guarantee a seat for myself and disabled son, [who because of his disability is not always able to make the games any way]. And if I miss 2 games I am not out of pocket.

I await your spin when replying that a free cup top up is included, what if we do not have a cup tie at home?

This season already you have introduced a membership scheme for £20 which entitled the holder to free entry into a cat B game and a cat A game for £20,with no booking fee's on home or away ticket's, what benefits did season ticket holders receive? That's right none.

I cannot see me renewing my 2 season ticket's for the coming season as there are no benefits for me, and sadly I do not think I will be alone, the product is not there 2 league win this season so far at home, tell's it own story.

Sergio sledge
07-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I bought two tickets last year on the PP - Can I buy them on the plan this time at the same price? NO! Price frozen they said!!!!

The price has been frozen, its the finance company which has imposed the charge and who will receive the money involved. I seem to remember this season there were numerous threads about people cancelling their direct debits for the payment plan. Not only will this have cost the club money in terms of ongoing finance, it will have cost them time in terms of staff having to deal with the administration of the cancelled direct debits. Using the finance company (who will pursue cancelled direct debits) ensures Hibs receive guaranteed money whether up front or throughout the season.

Free shirt it said in email yesterday. Have to buy one to get one - Mislead me yesterday.

How is it misleading, you still get a free top. The email yesterday clearly said "log on to hibernianfc.co.uk tomorrow for the full package and terms and conditions." there was nothing misleading in the email. Do you normally buy a shirt? Use the free one as a present, or split the cost with a friend who would also normally buy one, this will save you both £15. Make the free shirt a youth top or kids top and give it to one of your kids?

Free kids ST stated in e-mail yesterday. Can I get one for a kid without moving seat? NO Mislead me again.

As above, the email clearly stated to "log on to hibernianfc.co.uk tomorrow for the full package and terms and conditions." the only reason you feel misled is because you have made an assumption without seeing the full facts. I tend to agree with those that have said that this offer should be unlimited and not confined to one area of the stadium as the kids are the future supporters of the club. If you can get them along to games and get them and their parents into the habit of buying season tickets it can only be good in the long run.

Free OF Tickets! Does that benefit me? NO

Better atmosphere at the games, possibility of getting a financial contribution from your mates for the tickets? If your mate gives you £10 for each ticket then there's the cost of the finance charge on the payment plan paid for already.

So while it may suit you it is a crock of **** to me!

It may not be the best offer for you, but there will be a lot of people who this will be a great deal for. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

As above, no lies involved. The email clearly stated "log on to hibernianfc.co.uk tomorrow for the full package and terms and conditions." I don't understand why people want to paint hibs in as bad a light as possible by calling them liars when all they are trying to do is maximise income for the club whilst also giving a good package to season ticket holders. We may not agree with everything they decide to do, and it is perfectly reasonable to disagree or be annoyed that they haven't quite got a package tailored to suit your precise needs, however claiming they are lying to you is a bit extreme.

For the record I am not a season ticket holder because of where time pressures, where I live and the travel involved and having a young family however, if I was in Edinburgh and I could afford it, this would be a great deal for me.

This is approximately what I would spend if I was able to get a season ticket and go to the games:
Cost of family season ticket and payment plan - £380 (+interest approx £31)
Cup top up - £45 a few years ago
Family Hibs kid ticket - £85 (+interest approx £7)
Adult top - £35
Kids top - £30
Total - £613
Average per ticket per game (not including cup games) - approx £16

Under the current deal (if I got in early enough) it would cost:
Cost of family season ticket and payment plan - £380 (+interest approx £31)
Cup top up - Free
Family Hibs kid ticket - Free
Adult top - £35
Kids top - Free (if junior tops are included in the offer)
Total - £446
Average per ticket per game (not including cup games) - approx £12

Plus I could take my dad along to the old firm matches for free, or get a mate to come with me who can contribute to the cost of the tickets and reduce the cost further.

hibs0666
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I get a season ticket, not for what's in it for me, but to ensure the football club will be there to give the same passion and enjoyment to future generations as it does for me.

Use it or lose it guys...