PDA

View Full Version : NHC AVB Away

hfc rd
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Just came in on SSN tht AVB has left Chelsea. No suprise.

heretoday
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Pathetic though isn't it?

H18sry
04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Andre Villas-Boas has "parted company'' with Chelsea. Roberto Di Matteo is appointed interim manager until the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
No, it's not a surprise but it's still ridiculous.

How is anyone supposed to do anything in 6 months?

bingo70
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Andre Villas-Boas has "parted company'' with Chelsea. Roberto Di Matteo is appointed interim manager until the end of the season.

If they're appointing someone till the end of the season i'd imagine they'll be hoping to get Mourinho back. How is he doing at Madrid? if he's not likely to win the league there this year i can see him getting binned by them.

BT58
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Matteo to be in charge till end of season
Return of the special one????

R'Albin
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Terrible decision. What's the point in sacking him? Give him a couple of years and see hoe he does, it's not like Chelsea are in danger of being relegated so why do they need to sack him so prematurely?

TornadoHibby
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
If they're appointing someone till the end of the season i'd imagine they'll be hoping to get Mourinho back. How is he doing at Madrid? if he's not likely to win the league there this year i can see him getting binned by them.

Real Madrid 7 points ahead of Barcelona with a game in hand but Jose not liking it there and has said that he will probably leave in the Summer 2012! :agree:

R'Albin
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM

He's leaving at the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if they appointed someone as interim until the end of the season then appoint Mourinho :agree:

H18sry
04-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Real are 7 points clear with a game in hand

YehButNoBut
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Always came across well in interviews but never seemed to have the backing of the players, would be no surprise to see Mourinho back for next season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Nae great sympathy here, the boy will get a huge pay-off for being a relative failure whilst he was there.

MountcastleHibs
04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
It's a results business football. Chelsea have had some awful results this season. Had to go.

TheEastTerrace
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
It'll be closing in on £40M+ in managerial aquisitions and pay-offs - ridiculous

hibsbollah
04-03-2012, 01:57 PM
He's proven how good he is at Porto. Reminds me a bit of the Le Guen situation; undoubtedly top tactician unable to change british dressing room culture.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-03-2012, 02:10 PM
the john terry, ashley cole & frank lampard trio strike again.

the sooner this lot are out of stamford bridge the better. ageing pro's that think they know too much. are they involved in hiring/sacking process. the sooner roman gives authority back to the manager the more success chelsea will have!!!

ScottB
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
the john terry, ashley cole & frank lampard trio strike again.

the sooner this lot are out of stamford bridge the better. ageing pro's that think they know too much. are they involved in hiring/sacking process. the sooner roman gives authority back to the manager the more success chelsea will have!!!

Agreed, if those three didn't back AVB, and to all and sundry it seems that they didn't, then they should have been put in their place. It seems they never were, so it's likely AVB has never been seen to have true authority over the squad from day one.

If I was taking that job it'd be on the condition that the three of them were punted immediately.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
the management team of Terry, Cole & Lampard are due to be interviewed for the now vacant Chelsea job with Drogba director of football!!!

Phil D. Rolls
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
It'll be closing in on £40M+ in managerial aquisitions and pay-offs - ridiculous

Don't suppose any club will ever be brave enough to stick with a manager like Man U did with Fergie. There could be a lesson there.

H18sry
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
With amount of money Abramovic spent sacking Ancelloti and signing AVB from Porto then sacking him he could have bought Rangers - twice over :wink:

SteveHFC
04-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Typical Chelsea. Expect to win everything every season or the manager is sacked.

ScottB
04-03-2012, 02:41 PM
It's strange, given the signings that have been made (and a number of them supposedly not the choices of AVB), he was clearly brought in to rebuild an ageing side. Now, while results haven't been great, he's had to face being undermined by the group of old players he was brought in to phase out.

Why then side with the old guard against the guy you brought in to get rid of them? It makes little sense.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
That Chelsea dressing room needs a boot up the erse.

How many managers is that they've forced out? Grant, Scolari, Villas-Boas.

frazeHFC
04-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Terrible decision. What's the point in sacking him? Give him a couple of years and see hoe he does, it's not like Chelsea are in danger of being relegated so why do they need to sack him so prematurely?

I wish they were, can't stand them!

DH1875
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM
If they're appointing someone till the end of the season i'd imagine they'll be hoping to get Mourinho back. How is he doing at Madrid? if he's not likely to win the league there this year i can see him getting binned by them. Real are walking La Liga. Jose will still be off though. Can't see it being to Chelsea. Whats the odds of him turning up as the next England manager? As for AVB, 9 million ain't bad for 6 months work is it. And he'll have the added bonus of getting the Inter job in a rew weeks.

_hucks_
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
With amount of money Abramovic spent sacking Ancelloti and signing AVB from Porto then sacking him he could have bought Rangers - twice over :wink:

£2 seems like good value!

NOLA
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
no surprise he is gone but revamping the chelsea team wont happen overnight, think roman has been a bit hasty considering he paid out 13m in compo to porto just to get him in :rolleyes: guus hiddink still out of work?

Beefster
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Until Lampard and Terry are away from Chelsea, this sort of thing will happen. No player should have the ear of the owner or chairman. They need to give a manager time to 'renew' that team.

no surprise he is gone but revamping the chelsea team wont happen overnight, think roman has been a bit hasty considering he paid out 13m in compo to porto just to get him in :rolleyes: guus hiddink still out of work?

Nope, was appointed to that mega-rich Russian club a few weeks ago.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Until Lampard and Terry are away from Chelsea, this sort of thing will happen. No player should have the ear of the owner or chairman. They need to give a manager time to 'renew' that team.

Nope, was appointed to that mega-rich Russian club a few weeks ago.

Exactly. Players like Drogba, Terry, Lampard, Cole and Cech have far too much sway at Chelsea.

As I said above not the first time this has happened. Senior players are exactly that- players. No more, no less.

WindyMiller
04-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Just his £8m p.a. wages to take into account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2102480/Guus-Hiddink-appointed-Anzhi-Makhachkala-manager.html

Keith_M
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
It's exactly one week since he was quoted in the Papers as saying that he didn't care if he didn't have the backing of the players, that he would be able to carry on and do his job anyway. I thought then it wouldn't be long before he was proven wrong and pushed out, I just didn't imagine it would be so soon.

Andy74
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Funny we seem to give way more time to other teams managers than we do our own!

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Typical Chelsea. Expect to win everything every season or the manager is sacked.

Will pretty much be the same at City, just watch if they don't win (buy) the League this season!