PDA

View Full Version : Derby in Singapore?

magnificent_seven
04-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Extremely long shot I know but does anyone know of any bars in Singapore which may show the derby?! :wink:

Singapore Hibs
04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Extremely long shot I know but does anyone know of any bars in Singapore which may show the derby?! :wink:

You normally only get EPL games in the Singapore pubs (they are EPL mad).

Your best bet would be either Muddy Murphys on Orchard Road (opposite Orchard Towers). They are sponsors of Singapore Hibs so there is a chance.

The Old Brown Shoe is the HQ for Singapore Tims so is another possibility.

There is a Rangers pub in Far East Plaza, but I've never been in so I can't say for sure.

Best bet is getting a hotel with Goal tv or getting the game streamed through hibs tv.

Good luck!

ardecos
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Brewerkz in Clarke Quay has multiple screens and might put the game on one of them.

YehButNoBut
04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
These pubs show English premier games not sure about Scottish

http://www.muddymurphys.com/

http://www.pennyblack.com.sg/

You could also try Clarke Quay & Boat Quay, they are not cheap mind :>), there are lots of bars there that show football just not sure if you will get the SPL games.

Phil D. Rolls
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
You normally only get EPL games in the Singapore pubs (they are EPL mad).

Your best bet would be either Muddy Murphys on Orchard Road (opposite Orchard Towers). They are sponsors of Singapore Hibs so there is a chance.

The Old Brown Shoe is the HQ for Singapore Tims so is another possibility.

There is a Rangers pub in Far East Plaza, but I've never been in so I can't say for sure.

Best bet is getting a hotel with Goal tv or getting the game streamed through hibs tv.

Good luck!

Damn it I'm barred - I was thinking of going to Singapore too, have to wait for another time. :brickwall

Singapore Hibs
04-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Lol, getting barred from a Singapore boozer is not easy!

I only used to go there as I got cheap(er) beer as they sponsored my football team (any discount off beer in Singapore is a bonus).

KWJ
04-03-2012, 06:46 PM
loved singapore.

Not sure if it has football but the Prince of Wales on Boat Quay could be worth a ring. If not stop by for a 5am Saint.

My team there, Courts Lions, are getting humped evey week, support them! Fans were awesome :)

beensaidbefore
04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Theres a bar in 'little india'? Called mohicans. seem to remeber watching football their or accross the road. was in 2005 though so may be gone.

Mixu62
04-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Just back from Singapore. There's a new(ish) couple of Irish bars called Molly Roffey's. Might be worth a shot, but may also only be EPL. One on Market Street and the other near Raffles, though I forget the street name for now. Try not to get barred or into trouble! The cops over there go round in 3's with machine guns. Quite unnerving first time you see them.

Lucius Apuleius
05-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Sportsman Bar in Far East Shopping plaza used to show them when Harry owned it. Now sadly deceased and not been back to Singapore for a few years but probably your best bet. Just keep your eyes off der hun memoribilia and concentrate on my Hibs top on the wall :-) if it is still there that is.

Lucius Apuleius
05-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Just thought, also a football bar on the top floor of the four floors of whores that may have it. Bit more difficult to concentrate in there though :-)

Singapore Hibs
05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Just thought, also a football bar on the top floor of the four floors of whores that may have it. Bit more difficult to concentrate in there though :-)

Just watch you don't get side tracked on the 3rd floor as you get more than you bargained! :wink:

I used to drink in the Bali Bar on the ground floor as it was an Expat favourite haunt (and only $5 a mug of Tiger) and was reasonably tame compared to the rest.

The gauntlet to the Taxi rank was interesting when you were burst though. :greengrin

hhibs
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Sportsman Bar in Far East Shopping plaza used to show them when Harry owned it. Now sadly deceased and not been back to Singapore for a few years but probably your best bet. Just keep your eyes off der hun memoribilia and concentrate on my Hibs top on the wall :-) if it is still there that is.

That is where I would watch the game,a bit hunnish but no too bad.Harry is a miss but I still think they keep up the mince and tatties on some game days.

Lucius Apuleius
05-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Just watch you don't get side tracked on the 3rd floor as you get more than you bargained! :wink:

I used to drink in the Bali Bar on the ground floor as it was an Expat favourite haunt (and only $5 a mug of Tiger) and was reasonably tame compared to the rest.

The gauntlet to the Taxi rank was interesting when you were burst though. :greengrin

Think I know my way around there quite well:wink: Absolutely agree regarding the taxi rank though :greengrin

That is where I would watch the game,a bit hunnish but no too bad.Harry is a miss but I still think they keep up the mince and tatties on some game days.

Take it you knew Harry then hh? One of my best friends for many years. Sadly missed as you say. definitely the exception to the rule when it came to huns. I have not kept in touch with the Singapore friends and feel quite bad about that. Tam Devlin would I presume be another you knew? He was always adamant he signed for Hibs as a keeper at the same time as Jimmy O but never ever got a game. Good guy for a timaloy.

magnificent_seven
24-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Cheers guys, my flight was delayed for 3 hours at Sydney so I missed the match. Probably a good thing to be honest!!