PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays crowd

Pretty Boy
04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Given as 9211 by the BBC.

Seemed like more to me. Both the FF and main stand didn't seem as sparsely populated as usual and couldnt really see the East as i was in there but it seemed pretty full.

Obviously the poor away support dragged things down a bit.

Bob Box Fish
04-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Do the hibs kids get counted in the final figure?

Bristolhibby
04-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Do the hibs kids get counted in the final figure?

Don't see why not. They are people after all. Albeit small ones.

At least they are not empty seats, like the Hearts counting technique.

J

Bob Box Fish
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Don't see why not. They are people after all. Albeit small ones.

At least they are not empty seats, like the Hearts counting technique.

J

Thinking for paying tax.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Thinking for paying tax.

:confused:

LancashireHibby
04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Thinking for paying tax.

Tax is paid on the gate receipts rather than the attendance figure.

aljo7-0
04-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Although the Hibs Kids were free - they were still issued with a ticket that was scanned at the gates so you would think they were counted in the crowd. I'd have said there was over 10,000 but I suppose when the crowd is down a bit and there are more empty seats, people can move seats to get a touch more space and perhaps stands look more full at a quick glance than they are as the fans are spread out more with the empty seats being less obvious.:dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Would be willing to put down money that the crowd was over 10K yesterday. Like most regulars you get a reasonable sense of the attendance after a few years and IMO there was more than 9 more like just under 11.

Surely the mighty Hibees arnt trying to diddle HMRC.

Never mind, when it all comes out we can re start in Div 3 or even England. Oh I can tell you they will miss our away support subsidising the rest of Scottish football, not to mention we will be free of cheating refs and the rest of the SPL not seeming to realise everything we have done for them ..... ungreatfull bs'trds !!!

Oh sorry ...... wrong forum :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
There's one of these threads every week - either Hibs and Rock Steady are cooking the books or the untrained eye isn't as accurate as the mechanical/computerised turnstiles.

I know which one my money's on...

whiskyhibby
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I have to say I thought the attendance was nearer 11,500

Bobo
04-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Less than 3000 in the East

Less than 1500 in the FF

Less than 5000 in the West

Add about 100 St Mirren fans and do the math and 9211 is right.

007 Mickey Weir
04-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I sit in East and from my view I thought 9211was generous.

Keith_M
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
It was mentioned on another thread that the Hibs support was 8,804.

That's really quite dissapointing but it shows that a lot of people will only turn up once the team is winning again regularly, not just occassionaly. After the last couple of years of dross, you can't really blame them.

Seveno
04-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Less than 3000 in the East

Less than 1500 in the FF

Less than 5000 in the West

Add about 100 St Mirren fans and do the math and 9211 is right.

The number of St Mirren fans call into question their right to be in the SPL. Even ICT manage more than that.

erin go bragh
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I sit in East and from my view I thought 9211was generous.
:agree: At 7 mins to 3pm, you would be lucky if 5000 was inside the stadium .
ggtth

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
It was mentioned on another thread that the Hibs support was 8,804.

That's really quite dissapointing but it shows that a lot of people will only turn up once the team is winning again regularly, not just occassionaly. After the last couple of years of dross, you can't really blame them.

We hear so much about 'Scotland's third force' from the yam bigots, when we have that potential in terms of support. We have the location and its catchement area, the stadium, the training ground, the history. We need a team on the pitch that excites the imagination and ticket prices that encourage the Hibs support to attend. It's all there for us, and if we could just kick on we could get close to filling ER and so making the club a real factor in the Scottish game.

Kato
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Thinking for paying tax.

Baking powder?

frazeHFC
04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
The Hibs site has it as almost 1,000 less than what the Aberdeen game was. I thought yesterday looked more full than that game.

fat freddy
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
still a good crowd when you consider we have only won one home league match in the last calander year....i wonder what crowds rangers would get if they had only seen their team win once in 12 months?

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
still a good crowd when you consider we have only won one home league match in the last calander year....i wonder what crowds rangers would get if they had only seen their team win once in 12 months?

We'll soon find out as they cut their squad to the bone.

RIP
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
We hear so much about 'Scotland's third force' from the yam bigots, when we have that potential in terms of support. We have the location and its catchement area, the stadium, the training ground, the history. We need a team on the pitch that excites the imagination and ticket prices that encourage the Hibs support to attend. It's all there for us, and if we could just kick on we could get close to filling ER and so making the club a real factor in the Scottish game.

We have the potential to win the Scottish Cup. We have the potential to play at the top end of the League and play in Europe.

However in reality our average League position since the 70's has been seventh and we've never won the Scottish Cup since my great-grandad was a policeman in Leith.

Hey Ho - there's always this year :flag:

Eyrie
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
However in reality our average League position since the 70's has been seventh

Close, but not quite. Our average league position since season 1969-70 is sixth and for both cups it's the last sixteen.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2012, 10:37 PM
We have the potential to win the Scottish Cup. We have the potential to play at the top end of the League and play in Europe.

However in reality our average League position since the 70's has been seventh and we've never won the Scottish Cup since my great-grandad was a policeman in Leith.

Hey Ho - there's always this year :flag:

We've underachieved, mate, no question, but if we could finally punch our weight, we now have everything in our favour to really stake a claim as Scotland's third force. Just that missing ingrediant that would really see us go to the next level. Next to bottom in the league and with one home win all season, yet we're still amongst the best supported. We could stake a claim with the right team and policies.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
We've underachieved, mate, no question, but if we could finally punch our weight, we now have everything in our favour to really stake a claim as Scotland's third force. Just that missing ingrediant that would really see us go to the next level. Next to bottom in the league and with one home win all season, yet we're still amongst the best supported. We could stake a claim with the right team and policies.

Yam :rolleyes:

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Yam :rolleyes:

:greengrin

Aye, gid yin. We can do it for real, not via a winding up order every month. All fitba fans think about a better tomorrow, and we have a more realistic chance than most. We need to have more self-belief and realise it's all up for grabs. There is huge amounts of work to be done, but let's see how far we can go.

Keith_M
05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
The number of St Mirren fans call into question their right to be in the SPL. Even ICT manage more than that.

I think there were over 300 St Mirren fans, about the same as most clubs that visit us.

I have to disagree with you though on your statement as I think that's irrelevant to a club's right to be in a certain league and is just elitism in action. A clubs results on the pitch are what counts and St Mirren have had much better results than us.

Joe Baker II
06-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I think there were over 300 St Mirren fans, about the same as most clubs that visit us.

I have to disagree with you though on your statement as I think that's irrelevant to a club's right to be in a certain league and is just elitism in action. A clubs results on the pitch are what counts and St Mirren have had much better results than us.

407 St Mirren fans I read which looked right and I have seen fewer Hibs fans than that at some past away games (not often but on occasion). And some excuse as Buddies have much bigger game in Edinburgh this Saturday and can hardly blame them for giving cup game priority.

Crowd was definitely over 10,000 on Saturday though at a loss why club would want to understate (do not think tax reason applies anymore).