PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
03-03-2012, 04:53 PM
No poor performances today but no-one was really spectacular either. Despite all the new additions we are still lacking some creativity, although the midfield four were hardworking as a unit.

Stack 6 not much do. Came out well when asked.

Kujabi 7
McPake 8 Another commanding performance.
Hanlon 7
Francombe 8 Really impressive from dead balls, defended well, kept Hasselbaink quiet and covered for others. Probably had more of the ball than anyone else.

Stevenson 7
Osborne 6 Some great through balls spoiled by some slack passing.
Claros 6 See Osborne.
Sproule 6 His best game for ages, unlucky to be hooked.

ODonovan 6 Bullied and battered by Goodwin, got no protection at all from the ref.
Griffiths 7 Worked hard throughout.

Subs-
Wotherspoon- Came on for a dangerous Ivan and was really poor. terrible delivery today.
:doh:erty- Fine. I'd rather he start week in week out.
O'Connor-Waddled on, waddled off.

hfc rd
03-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Stack - 7

Francomb - 6.5
Mcpake - 9
Hanlon - 8
Kujabi - 7

Osbourne - 6.5
Claros - 8
Stevenson - 8
Sproule - 6.5

O'Donovan - 6
Griffiths - 8

Docherty - 3
Wotherspoon - 3
O'Connor - 2

ano hibby
03-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Can't agree with Francomb I'm afraid thought he had plenty chances to add width but didn't take them. Crossing very mixed also. Only a 5 for me. Doherty to start at RB for me.

Thought Hasselbank was very good for them, caused us number of problems.

Elephant Stone
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Stack 6. Not much to do, uneasy attempt at a punch in the second half.

Francomb 5
McPake 7. Brilliant
Hanlon 6
Kujabi 6

Sproule 3. Offered nothing, doesn't even do the simple things like making runs for team mates anymore.
Osbourne 3. Distribution absolutely woeful, made a good forward pass in the first half and the rest were out of play or Christ knows where else.
Stevenson 6
Claros 7. Class act, wish he'd keep the ball to himself a bit more and show what he can do.

O'Donovan 6
Griffiths 7- Never stopped working, hopefully he can get the goals he deserves soon.

BSEJVT
03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Stack - 5 Terrible attempt at a punch and lucky not to give away a penalty when he grabbed the guy afterwards

Francomb - 7 Much better than previous few incumbents
Mcpake - 8 At last a centre half
Hanlon - 7 Much improved
Kujabi - 6 Would need another look to be sure

Osbourne - 5 - Lack of urgency and fitness a worry -
Claros - 8 - this guy is definitley a player
Stevenson - 7 - usual mixed bag, the good the bad and the ugly
Sproule - 4 Dreadful, lacking in pace , technique and confidence.

O'Donovan - 5 - not for me
Griffiths - 8 - Could do with learning a bit more composure, but a trier, makes good runs and not afraid to shoot

Docherty - 3 No time
Wotherspoon - 3 there must be something in there, I just dont see it
O'Connor - 3 No time

hibsbollah
03-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Can't agree with Francomb I'm afraid thought he had plenty chances to add width but didn't take them. Crossing very mixed also. Only a 5 for me. Doherty to start at RB for me.

Thought Hasselbank was very good for them, caused us number of problems.

Opinions eh? I thought the only time Hasselbaink got any joy was when George Francombe was upfield and no-one else had picked him up. Hasselbaink then switched to the right and got no change out of Kujabi, and McPake covered him well when he went down the centre. He's a good player and our defence deserve credit for the way they handled him.

I agree :doh:erty should start, but i like him in the middle next to McPake.

SquashedFrogg
03-03-2012, 05:22 PM
No poor performances today but no-one was really spectacular either. Despite all the new additions we are still lacking some creativity, although the midfield four were hardworking as a unit.

Stack 6 not much do. Came out well when asked.

Kujabi 7
McPake 8 Another commanding performance.
Hanlon 7
Francombe 8 Really impressive from dead balls, defended well, kept Hasselbaink quiet and covered for others. Probably had more of the ball than anyone else.

Stevenson 7
Osborne 6 Some great through balls spoiled by some slack passing.
Claros 6 See Osborne.
Sproule 6 His best game for ages, unlucky to be hooked.

ODonovan 6 Bullied and battered by Goodwin, got no protection at all from the ref.
Griffiths 7 Worked hard throughout.

Subs-
Wotherspoon- Came on for a dangerous Ivan and was really poor. terrible delivery today.
:doh:erty- Fine. I'd rather he start week in week out.
O'Connor-Waddled on, waddled off.

:tee hee:

Really don't know what's happened with him?? Perhaps a failed move to HMRC FC?? The browner he gets the more he plays like a jobby!!

Albion Hibs
03-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Stack - 7 - had little to do but did come off his line when required, clearly something he is keen to work on

Francomb - 7 - Played well, some decent deliveries when he got up the pitch and defended well
Mcpake - 7 - Good performance did pretty well up against thompson
Hanlon - 8 - MOM for me, thought he was excellent, did well in the air and covered the back line when required to do so
Kujabi - 7 - Thought he was going to give away a penalty in the 2nd, again like the rest of the back four defended well

Osbourne - 7 - Some really good passing, will be a massive loss against hertz think he is our only midfielder at present that can get a ball forward
Claros - 7 - some decent passing and fought well in midfield.
Stevenson - 7 - as above
Sproule - 6 - thought he played well and was surprised he came off, much better 2nd half than first

O'Donovan - 6 - works hard, playing against 3 CH's so had plenty of running to do. Should have scored from Griffiths shot.
Griffiths - 7 - held the ball up well, in behind the defense more than a few times, deserved a goal for his work.

Dont really see why Fenlon took off a right back for another right back when we needed a goal. Would have liked to see O'Connor on sooner, they were happy to defend all game and were there for the taking IMO.

However, a decent performance and we controlled the game overall pretty disappointed we did not get the three points which I think we deserve and need.

smurf
03-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Stack - 7 - had little to do but did come off his line when required, clearly something he is keen to work on

Francomb - 7 - Played well, some decent deliveries when he got up the pitch and defended well
Hanlon - 8 - MOM for me, thought he was excellent, did well in the air and covered the back line when required to do so
Kujabi - 7 - Thought he was going to give away a penalty in the 2nd, again like the rest of the back four defended well

Osbourne - 7 - Some really good passing, will be a massive loss against hertz think he is our only midfielder at present that can get a ball forward
Stevenson - 7 - as above
Sproule - 6 - thought he played well and was surprised he came off, much better 2nd half than first

O'Donovan - 6 - works hard, playing against 3 CH's so had plenty of running to do. Should have scored from Griffiths shot.
Griffiths - 7 - held the ball up well, in behind the defense more than a few times, deserved a goal for his work.

Dont really see why Fenlon took off a right back for another right back when we needed a goal. Would have liked to see O'Connor on sooner, they were happy to defend all game and were there for the taking IMO.

However, a decent performance and we controlled the game overall pretty disappointed we did not get the three points which I think we deserve and need.

Francomb came off as he was blowing oot his backside!

Postman
03-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Stack 6. Not much to do, uneasy attempt at a punch in the second half.

Francomb 5
McPake 7. Brilliant
Hanlon 6
Kujabi 6

Sproule 3. Offered nothing, doesn't even do the simple things like making runs for team mates anymore.
Osbourne 3. Distribution absolutely woeful, made a good forward pass in the first half and the rest were out of play or Christ know where else.
Stevenson 6
Claros 7. Class act, wish he'd keep the ball to himself a bit more and show what he can do.

O'Donovan 6
Griffiths 7- Never stopped working, hopefully he can get the goals he deserves soon.

You are a hard man to please if brilliant gets a 7!

hfc rd
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Stevenson - 7 - as above

He took Francomb off because the guy was proper shattered. You could see him breathing heavily and St Mirren were trying to exploit that with most of their attacks coming down their left hand side of the attack. That's how kujabi was coming across.

Albion Hibs
03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
He took Francomb off because the guy was proper shattered. You could see him breathing heavily and St Mirren were trying to explthallium most of their attacks coming down their left hand side of the attack. That's how kujabi was coming across.

The guy is 20 odd years old would hope he could manage 90 mins in a game which in relitive terms the back was was pretty quiet. If it was down to his booking then perhaps, but being tired!

Elephant Stone
03-03-2012, 05:39 PM

And what kind of crack was it you were smoking?

Should've scored. Nah, probably did merit an 8, he was excellent. :agree:

Winston Ingram
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Stack - 6 nowt to do

Francomb - 7 surprised he was subbed
Mcpake - 8 a brick wall
Hanlon - 7 different player with someone who knows was he's doing. Thought he handled Hasselbaink well
Kujabi - 7 good again
Claros - 8 - very tidy
Stevenson - 8 superb yet again
Sproule - 7 surprised he was subbed. Best performance for a while
O'Donovan - 4 a total non event. Couldn't believe he wasn't subbed earlier
Griffiths - 7 busy

Docherty - 4 ok
Wotherspoon - 5 decent when he came on
O'Connor - 3 he gets fatter every week. Those shorts look like they are painted on

hfc rd
03-03-2012, 05:53 PM
The guy is 20 odd years old would hope he could manage 90 mins in a game which in relitive terms the back was was pretty quiet. If it was down to his booking then perhaps, but being tired!

Yeah he was tired. Up and down that right wing all day on his own.

BEEJ
03-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Stack - 7

Francomb - 6.5
Mcpake - 9
Hanlon - 8
Kujabi - 7

Osbourne - 6.5
Claros - 8
Stevenson - 8
Sproule - 6.5

O'Donovan - 6
Griffiths - 8

Docherty - 3
Wotherspoon - 3
O'Connor - 2
These threads are always interesting. Of all the scorecards so far, this is the one I agree with most. Think the OP must have been inbibing before that match. :greengrin

Claros was excellent. He and McPake the best performers on the day. Sproule was largely ineffective and I would have subbed him. Right decision.

However, O'Donovan was getting no change out of the St Mirren defence and I would have subbed him on the hour mark.

And Francomb was indeed knackered and could easily have been subbed 15 mins earlier than he was.

lucky
03-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Stack - 6 had nothing to do but still managed to muck up a punch

Francomb - 6 ran his heart but no final ball
McPake -7 won his hare of headers
Hanlon - 7 never troubled
Kujabi - 6 did ok without really getting into the game

Osborne - 6 final pass poor not a wide midfielder
Claros - 6 sat deep but neat and tidy
Stevenson - 6 see above
Sproule - 6 did well today

O'Donovan - 6 did OK but missed a great chance
Griffiths - 6 missed a couple of chances but worked hard

overall a hard working performance a bit unlucky no to have won

hibsbollah
03-03-2012, 06:03 PM
These threads are always interesting. Of all the scorecards so far, this is the one I agree with most. Think the OP must have been inbibing before that match. :greengrin

Claros was excellent. He and McPake the best performers on the day. Sproule was largely ineffective and I would have subbed him. Right decision.

However, O'Donovan was getting no change out of the St Mirren defence and I would have subbed him on the hour mark.

And Francomb was indeed knackered and could easily have been subbed 15 mins earlier than he was.

I wasnt imbibing pre-match. This makes a change, I must confess:greengrin
I only start these threads to allow more perceptive posters such as yourself to pick me up on my mistakes... :thumbsup:

truehibernian
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Key word today was composure, or lack of sadly..........cannot fault the workrate of all the players today though. They chased for every ball and made their tackles. Just lacked that spark in the final third for me today...combination of taking to long to get the passes forward, and the midfield not getting up to support Leigh and Roy quick enough.

Lovely and tidy in places, particularly Claros. Osbourne grew into the game and I thought he was too quiet first half. Francomb's set pieces for me were poor.....too many not getting past the first man. McPake was majestic from start to finish. Danny Lennon was smart to this and wee Hasselbaink worked his way from McPake, Hanlon and finally Francomb to get some joy.....nearly worked due to Francomb being on his feet (through effort). I would have subbed him sooner as both McLean (who should have done better) and Hasselbaink were starting to get success on that flank.

Stevenson again solid......just niggles me a wee bit that we have 3 players all doing the same kind of role and don't have one that pushes on and drives forward. Sproule....hot and cold for me. Put a shift in, did his defensive job well today, but 'nosebleeds' when getting into shooting positions.....frustrating from him today.

Leigh and Roy worked hard, chased down, just didn't get the break or bounce of the ball. Their keeper pulled off three superb saves (McPake, Leigh and Wotherspoon) and got the wee bounce of the ball when ROD nearly nicked in after the free kick.

Stack.....flapped at one, but did what he needed to do without being truly tested.

When watching the lads warm up today, Doyle clearly had his shooting boots on.....I would have liked to see him and Leigh getting 25 minutes, up against a makeshift and hesitant St Mirren centre pairing in Mair and Goodwin. But hey ho.....a game we certainly didn't deserve to lose, bags of effort, just lacked that killer ball.

Willie Collum......baffling decisions from him today. Pedantic as usual....both sides I thought could have had a penalty today (handball for us second half, Thompson getting pushed off ball in our box)...would like to see both again.

Franck is God
03-03-2012, 06:32 PM

To be fair as well as playing at RB all afternoon and trying to offer an overlap where possible he also spent the rest of his time running all over the pitch to take corners and free kicks from both sides of the pitch. He got taken off after a very poor cross from open play probably cause he was simply knacked, had a good game as far as I'm concerned and only went off when he had nothing left in the tank.

BEEJ
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I wasnt imbibing pre-match. This makes a change, I must confess:greengrin
I only start these threads to allow more perceptive posters such as yourself to pick me up on my mistakes... :thumbsup:
Well, thanks then. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Thought Stevenson had another good game putting in a power of work.

Defence did well, Sproule has not got a final ball and infuriating to see him not lifting his head and seeing what's on.

A number of players looked really knackered during latter part of game...

Cropley10
03-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Defence did well, Sproule has not got a final ball and infuriating to see him not lifting his head and seeing what's on.

Spot on.

TheEastTerrace
03-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Not a massive fan of ratings but my tuppence FWIW

Stack - nothing much to do but made an awful attempt at a punch when catching it was easier.
Francomb - Solid but he needs to work harder to get beyond our midfielders in possession to offer Hibs more width. Final delivery needs a bit of work
McPake - making the difference for Hibs at the back. Would be a great signing if we could make him permanent.
Hanlon - improved markedly since I last saw him being dragged all over the place by Sandanza against St.J.
Kujabi - had a couple of shaky moments and thought he was going to dive in and give away a pen in second half. Solid.
Stevenson - thought he was good today, big improvements in his game
Claros - first time I've seen him play and seems a tidy player
Sproule - I'll be slated for this but I've never rated Sproule in a starting XI - impact sub for sure - but I can't see him being at ER next season. No surprise he was hooked early in second half.
O'Donovan - nothing special and led the line ok.
Griffiths - he is a livewire for sure and has the talent - however, he went for the spectacular or over-elaborate on a few occasions today when a bit of composure might have seen better results for him.

patlowe
03-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Stack - 5 Terrible attempt at a punch and lucky not to give away a penalty when he grabbed the guy afterwards

Francomb - 7 Much better than previous few incumbents
Mcpake - 8 At last a centre half
Hanlon - 7 Much improved
Kujabi - 6 Would need another look to be sure

Claros - 8 - this guy is definitley a player
Stevenson - 7 - usual mixed bag, the good the bad and the ugly
Sproule - 4 Dreadful, lacking in pace , technique and confidence.

O'Donovan - 5 - not for me
Griffiths - 8 - Could do with learning a bit more composure, but a trier, makes good runs and not afraid to shoot

Docherty - 3 No time
Wotherspoon - 3 there must be something in there, I just dont see it
O'Connor - 3 No time

I thought Wotherspoon did really well when he came on. It really got to me how much abuse he was getting for the slightest mistake today. He's young and struggling to establish himself in the team right now but for me his technical ability is there for all to see. We don't produce many technical players at Hibs or in Scotland generally and I'd hate to see a guy like Wotherspoon fall by the wayside because of a lack of support/confidence.

Baldy Foghorn
03-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Not a massive fan of ratings but my tuppence FWIW

Stack - nothing much to do but made an awful attempt at a punch when catching it was easier.
Francomb - Solid but he needs to work harder to get beyond our midfielders in possession to offer Hibs more width. Final delivery needs a bit of work
McPake - making the difference for Hibs at the back. Would be a great signing if we could make him permanent.
Hanlon - improved markedly since I last saw him being dragged all over the place by Sandanza against St.J.
Kujabi - had a couple of shaky moments and thought he was going to dive in and give away a pen in second half. Solid.
Stevenson - thought he was good today, big improvements in his game
Claros - first time I've seen him play and seems a tidy player
Sproule - I'll be slated for this but I've never rated Sproule in a starting XI - impact sub for sure - but I can't see him being at ER next season. No surprise he was hooked early in second half.
O'Donovan - nothing special and led the line ok.
Griffiths - he is a livewire for sure and has the talent - however, he went for the spectacular or over-elaborate on a few occasions today when a bit of composure might have seen better results for him.

Fair assessment....

frazeHFC
03-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Some rather odd ratings imo posted so far.

I'd go with:

Stack - 6

Francomb - 6
McPake - 9
Hanlon - 8
Kujabi - 7

Sproule - 7
Claros - 9
Stevenson - 8
Osbourne - 7

O'Donnovan - 7
Griffiths - 7

leithsansiro
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM

Pah, Maradona vs England in 1986 was only worth an 8
:wink:

erin go bragh
03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Key word today was composure, or lack of sadly..........cannot fault the workrate of all the players today though. They chased for every ball and made their tackles. Just lacked that spark in the final third for me today...combination of taking to long to get the passes forward, and the midfield not getting up to support Leigh and Roy quick enough.

Lovely and tidy in places, particularly Claros. Osbourne grew into the game and I thought he was too quiet first half. Francomb's set pieces for me were poor.....too many not getting past the first man. McPake was majestic from start to finish. Danny Lennon was smart to this and wee Hasselbaink worked his way from McPake, Hanlon and finally Francomb to get some joy.....nearly worked due to Francomb being on his feet (through effort). I would have subbed him sooner as both McLean (who should have done better) and Hasselbaink were starting to get success on that flank.

Stevenson again solid......just niggles me a wee bit that we have 3 players all doing the same kind of role and don't have one that pushes on and drives forward. Sproule....hot and cold for me. Put a shift in, did his defensive job well today, but 'nosebleeds' when getting into shooting positions.....frustrating from him today.

Leigh and Roy worked hard, chased down, just didn't get the break or bounce of the ball. Their keeper pulled off three superb saves (McPake, Leigh and Wotherspoon) and got the wee bounce of the ball when ROD nearly nicked in after the free kick.

Stack.....flapped at one, but did what he needed to do without being truly tested.

When watching the lads warm up today, Doyle clearly had his shooting boots on.....I would have liked to see him and Leigh getting 25 minutes, up against a makeshift and hesitant St Mirren centre pairing in Mair and Goodwin. But hey ho.....a game we certainly didn't deserve to lose, bags of effort, just lacked that killer ball.

Willie Collum......baffling decisions from him today. Pedantic as usual....both sides I thought could have had a penalty today (handball for us second half, Thompson getting pushed off ball in our box)...would like to see both again.
:agree: Was just about to post the same ..lol.. spot on :top marks
ggtth

jdships
03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Some good comments and thoughts on here tonight.
For me the thing we need now is a player with " flair" that can change the game - Zemmama :wink: comes to mind

First game for a while and really enjoyed it
:greengrin

Albion Hibs
03-03-2012, 11:42 PM
And what kind of crack was it you were smoking?

Not into that mate, keep your pastimes to yourself.

It is easy to stroke the ball about 30 yards into your own half, if he is playing 30 yards into theirs it stands to reason that finding a pass is going to be slightly more complicated - do you see that??

Beefster
04-03-2012, 06:58 AM
It's crazy that, in a game that we drew with St Mirren at home, some are giving average ratings of close to 8. Yes, we've improved recently but the team playing at a rating of 8? Nowhere near it. Maybe it just shows how low our expectations have fallen.

Stack - 6 : Fine but needs to try and keep his eyes open when he goes for a punch.

Francomb - 5 : Fine but if he's the best set-piece taker in the team, the rest need to practice harder.
McPake - 9 : Rock.
Hanlon - 7
Kujabi - 6

Sproule - 4 : Absolute passenger and a disaster of a signing. Doesn't contribute much going forward, contributes hee-haw defensively.
Claros - 7 : Starting to show his class.
Stevenson - 6
Osbourne - 6

O'Donnovan - 5 : I don't really rate him from what I've seen.
Griffiths - 6 : Our only decent striker at the moment.

I still think that we need major surgery in the summer. Keeping McPake and Griffiths would be a good base to start from.

erin go bragh
04-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I thought Wotherspoon did really well when he came on. It really got to me how much abuse he was getting for the slightest mistake today. He's young and struggling to establish himself in the team right now but for me his technical ability is there for all to see. We don't produce many technical players at Hibs or in Scotland generally and I'd hate to see a guy like Wotherspoon f all by the wayside because of a lack of support/confidence.
:agree: Wotherspoon seen more /did more with the ball in his 25 mins, than Ivan did in his 65 mins.
ggtth

Pretty Boy
04-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Surprised to see O'Donovan get such poor reviews. Wasn't brilliant but thought he shielded the ball well at times and drew a fair few fouls around the box. Though both he and Griffiths suffered from a lack of willingness of any midfielders to get up into the box and support them.

Was quite worried about the lack of options the man on the ball had yesterday and this might explain some of the poor ratings for 'misplacing passes', a lot of passes where 30/40 yard attempts because nobody was showing short. The number of long balls we played, especially in the 1st half, concerned me.

As for positives thought the back 5 looked ok, Hanloj definitely benefits from having McPake in there and barring one silly punch Stack did what was requires of him.

Cauld Bovril
04-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Stack - 6 - Nothing much to do but still makes me nervous
Kujabi - 6 - Looked a bit nervy today
McPake - 8 - Get him signed
Hanlon - 7 - Huge improvement
Francombe - 5 - Got ripped too many times, a better team would`ve punished him more. Some good runs though
Stevenson - 9 - One of the few players in our team who plays with a bit of urgency. Done a great job again today.
Osbourne - 7 - Infuriating sometimes, needs to concentrate when doing the simple stuff.
Claros - 7 - More to come from him i think. Tidy game today
Sproule - 5 Worse than a man down recently. Proved he can still get past defenders but only when he can be bothered.
O` Donovan - 7 - I thought he done well today, knows where to put his body to get a foul in some good positions. Pity all the dead balls were rank.
Griffiths - 8 - Got into some great positions, can only really fault his finishing.

Wotherspoon - 6 - Despite maybe lacking a bit of confidence, always makes himself available for a pass and not afraid to take a man on.
Doherty - 6 - Better option than Francombe i think
O` Connor - Not much time to do anything, Did he touch the ball?

We`re not going to hurt teams if we don`t start attacking with more pace, we`re so slow moving forward. The defence looks more solid though and that`s bringing a bit more confidence to the rest of the team. Definite signs of improvement. Is that light at the end of the tunnel i see?

snooky
04-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's how I saw it ....

Stack - 7 Did all that was asked.

Francomb - 7 Good crosses but caught out for pace a couple of times
Mcpake - 9 The best new signing of the lot. Thank you God.
Hanlon - 7 Tidy game
Kujabi - 7 Did okay

Osbourne - 8 Telescopic legs like Bamba. Couple of slack passes otherwise good game.
Claros - 6 One or two classy touches but thought the game seemed to pass him by a bit.
Stevenson - 9 I always felt that Lewis needed a run of games to make him shine - he's glowing now.
Sproule 6 - Did okay but IMO, he's been asked to play to his weaknessses instead of his strengths.
O'Donovan - 5 Didn't do much. Expected more from him. Looked a bit slow.
Griffiths - 8 Busy and always looked dangerous. Sparky showed spark (as opposed to O'D).

Docherty - 6
Wotherspoon - 6
O'Connor - not enough time on park to assess

Oh, and ....
The ref - Yet another shocking performance from a referee who's main objective was to be the star of the show. Got decisions wrong for both sides. Where do they get them. Jeez

hibsbollah
04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
In my opinion, a 'players rating' thread is incomplete without the following comments aimed at other posters:

1." I dont know what game you were watchin" (or "we must have been watching different games")
2. "Put down the crack pipe"
3. "Your eyes must have been painted on."

Lets try harder for next week :aok:

Edinburgh Green
04-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Stack - 6 : Looks short of confidence, not the answer

Francomb - 4 : Was beaten with ease time and time again, never in position....rotten!
McPake - 8 : Solid, gave Thompson a really tough time, a player who has bossed our defence on previous occasions.
Hanlon - 7 Ok, still gets bullied easily, needs to be a lot more aggressive (like McPake)
Kujabi - 7 a mix of good and bad, tried to overlap a lot more in the 2nd half

Sproule - 4 : Waste of a jersey!
Claros - 7 : Some classy touches and keeps a cool head when he has possession, Honduras must have some very timid pitbulls though .
Stevenson - 7 gives his all, guilty of some loose passes
Osbourne - 6 shocking use of the ball, his passing has been right off the boil recently

O'Donnovan - 6 : Drew a lot of fouls, couldn't see him scoring though.
Griffiths - 7/8 : Chased, harried and had a few attempts at goal, had no support at all from the midfield.

Overall our passing was terrible and we are far to slow to create moves, the gap between the the strikers and midfield was huge! lost count of the amount of times (especially in the 1st) that their defence strolled to the half way line without a Hibs player closing them down. That all said, we were the better team and should of had all 3 points.

I still think that we need major surgery in the summer. Keeping McPake and Griffiths would be a good base to start from.

Jones28
04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Agree with there being a total lack of composure in the final third. A better touch here or a better pass there would have seen Hibs win I think.

Stack 6 - Still manages to make things difficult for himself somehow, but didn't concede so fairs fair.

Francombe 7 - Though he got forward well, but still could have got some better crosses/freekicks.
Mcpake 8 - Excellent again. Clears everything, wins everything and puts his body on the line.
Hanlon 7 - Played well, shows what having a commanding centre half along side does for confidence.
Kujabi 7 - Did well, showed wee touches of class. Could have been more effective with more quality in front of him.

Osbourne 6 - Don't think wide right is most effective position for him, drifted in too often.
Claros 8 - Composure and class, but occasional poor passing left him down. Not scared to do his fair share of scrapping as well, beginning to see where the Pitbull comes into it.
Stevenson 9 - MOTM. Worked so hard and played some nice passes. Good challenges and is easily a contender for POTY.
Sproule 5 - What to say. Think his foul throw summed his day up for me. Did cut inside a few times but didn't do anything when he got there.

Griffiths 6 - Tried hard, showed some real class. But no goals.
O'donovan - Same as Griffiths

Doherty - didn't really have all the much to do.
Wotherspoon - Don't get why he's getting slated so badly. Did more in 10 minutes than Sproule did in 80.
O'connor - Fell over once, probably worried about his fake tan.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Stevenson - 7 - as above

Cause francomb was shattered and hasslebaink was still a threat. Good management by paddy, previous managers would have just thrown on a striker and we might have conceded but paddy is making us hard to beat hence why we got a point

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jliada

Elephant Stone
04-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Not into that mate, keep your pastimes to yourself.

It is easy to stroke the ball about 30 yards into your own half, if he is playing 30 yards into theirs it stands to reason that finding a pass is going to be slightly more complicated - do you see that??

Not for Osbourne it's not. He played a good forward pass early on and for the rest of the game it was absolutely brutal. He ran towards the thrower of a throw in at the West Stand and tried to tap it back to him- straight out of play. His next pass was an absolute hospital pass to another player in the centre of midfield no more than ten yards away from him and possession was lost. That's just two of the simple ones, his long passing would have been funny if it wasn't so desperately shi*te. This isn't just yesterday's game, this is the kind of passing he gives every week. Passing aside, when we're trying to break with pace he takes an absolute eternity to move the ball on and all momentum is sucked out of the attack. When the team is going forward and we need players to support and give the guy on the ball an option you'll see Osbourne casually jogging forward or floating about somewhere too deep. I don't know how he's managed to trick people into thinking he plays well, if Lewis Stevenson had played the attempts at passes Osbourne did yesterday he'd be absolutely slated.

snooky
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
We should be more direct in our attacking. Far too many passes to get up the park.
Also, we need a big man up front - someone who is good in the air and strong enough to fight his corner. Alas, that's not Garry's forte. Sparky would be twice as effective playing off a Brewster-like front man.

Elephant Stone
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
We should be more direct in our attacking. Far too many passes to get up the park.
Also, we need a big man up front - someone who is good in the air and strong enough to fight his corner. Alas, that's not Garry's forte. Sparky would be twice as effective playing off a Brewster-like front man.

Completely disagree with that mate, I thought there was far too much long ball yesterday for the first 80 odd minutes, it was when we needed the ball up top urgently in the last few minutes we seemed to dither. I could handle long ball if we kept possession but yesterday there was far too much hit and hope, IMO, with the ball mostly ending up in their possession or out of play. I would bar Paul Hanlon from attempting any pass longer than ten yards.

snooky
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Completely disagree with that mate, I thought there was far too much long ball yesterday for the first 80 odd minutes, it was when we needed the ball up top urgently in the last few minutes we seemed to dither. I could handle long ball if we kept possession but yesterday there was far too much hit and hope, IMO, with the ball mostly ending up in their possession or out of play. I would bar Paul Hanlon from attempting any pass longer than ten yards.

Sorry, ES, I could've made it clearer. I didn't mean "hoofball direct", I meant more "on the ground direct".
i.e. moving forward at pace instead of the slow crossfield passing that allows the opposition to get back in numbers.

Neil4Hibs
05-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Francomb tweeted after the game that he had never run so much in a football match before!

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2012, 11:06 AM

We do have a few players who have not played much football this season, i was not at the game but i'd imagine that might be the reason?

hibsbollah
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Francomb tweeted after the game that he had never run so much in a football match before!

Attacks from both sides were coming down our right side constantly throughout the game. Francombe had far more possession than anyone else on the pitch in open play, took the corners and some of the free kicks. Both early chances we had were down to brilliant deliveries from corners by him too. He doesnt hide, which i like a lot.

Seveno
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Attacks from both sides were coming down our right side constantly throughout the game. Francombe had far more possession than anyone else on the pitch in open play, took the corners and some of the free kicks. Both early chances we had were down to brilliant deliveries from corners by him too. He doesnt hide, which i like a lot.

Add the fact that he was taking corners and free kicks on the left, then having to run diagonally across the pitch to get back into position.

The boy done good !