PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Goals Upper Level?

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Am I right in thinking that there is another upper level to BTG where kids aren't allowed? The laddie has just turned 18 so was thinking we could go up there instead of downstairs. Wanting to get there early on Saturday to watch the Pool/Gooners game unless anyone has a better choice of boozer that will be showing the game close to ER?

Andy74
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Am I right in thinking that there is another upper level to BTG where kids aren't allowed? The laddie has just turned 18 so was thinking we could go up there instead of downstairs. Wanting to get there early on Saturday to watch the Pool/Gooners game unless anyone has a better choice of boozer that will be showing the game close to ER?

There is.

Seveno
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM

Make sure he gets his hand in his pocket and buys his old man a pint.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Make sure he gets his hand in his pocket and buys his old man a pint.

:greengrin Aye I'll make sure he spends the money I give him!!!!!

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
There is.

Cheers :aok:

Mikey
02-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I haven't checked, but if there's a lunchtime SPL game that's what will be on.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't checked, but if there's a lunchtime SPL game that's what will be on.

Ah ****..................there is :grr: Aberdeen /Celtic

Saorsa
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I haven't checked, but if there's a lunchtime SPL game that's what will be on.Sat 03/03/2012 Aberdeen v Celtic 12:00 ESPN

GlesgaeHibby
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The Iona bar on Easter Road is a good pub, decent pint of Best on draft too. BTG upstairs is definitely better than downstairs but the selection and quality of the draft lager/beer is dreadful there.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
The Iona bar on Easter Road is a good pub, decent pint of Best on draft too. BTG upstairs is definitely better than downstairs but the selection and quality of the draft lager/beer is dreadful there.

Will it be showing the Lpool game?

MyresideHibby
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Make sure he has ID, they are quite strict!

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Make sure he has ID, they are quite strict!

:aok: Cheers he has a licence, though it looks like a no go now as they won't be showing the lpool game.

invisible man
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Will it be showing the Lpool game?

The Hibs Club will be showing both games.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM

Can I get in without being a member?

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM

:agree: get yourself to the Hibs club, best pint of Tennants Lager this side of, eh ...... Easter Road. :greengrin

invisible man
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Yip, just sign in at the door.

WindyMiller
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Just make a donation at the door.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
:aok: Cheers guys, the Hibs club it is then! What time does it open?

Mikey
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
best pint of Tennants Lager

:Ummm:

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
:aok: Cheers guys, the Hibs club it is then! What time does it open?

11am, sharp :wink: HIBS CLUB (http://www.hibsclub.co.uk/wordpress/find-us/)

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
11am, sharp :wink: HIBS CLUB (http://www.hibsclub.co.uk/wordpress/find-us/)

Thanks guys, went to the Hibs club to watch the game and thoroughly enjoyed it (the club not the Liverpool game). Much better than BTG, in fact it will now become my regular haunt before home games :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys, went to the Hibs club to watch the game and thoroughly enjoyed it (the club not the Liverpool game). Much better than BTG, in fact it will now become my regular haunt before home games :greengrin

Did your son buy you a pint? :wink:

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Did your son buy you a pint? :wink:

Did he **** :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Did he **** :greengrin

I haven't bought my old man a pint yet either :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I haven't bought my old man a pint yet either :greengrin

The youth of today eh!

Forza Fred
04-03-2012, 05:11 AM

I always enjoy it whenIi come back for a holiday but to this day am amazed that there is little if any marketing of the place to bring in punters.

invisible man
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I always enjoy it whenIi come back for a holiday but to this day am amazed that there is little if any marketing of the place to bring in punters.

We've got a website, a facebook page with over 1200 'likes' and we also send out regular emails and texts.

Emerald
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Just for information, the BTG did show the Liverpool game for a change. Think that must have been the result of loosing punters to the pubs who missed previous big EPL games. Who really wants to watch Inverness against Rangers if Liverpool are Playing Man U for example. BTG was the busiest it has been for a while yeterday but it still took them to about 2.25 to put extra staff on the bar. :confused:

Gatecrasher
04-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Just for information, the BTG did show the Liverpool game for a change. Think that must have been the result of loosing punters to the pubs who missed previous big EPL games. Who really wants to watch Inverness against Rangers if Liverpool are Playing Man U for example. BTG was the busiest it has been for a while yeterday but it still took them to about 2.25 to put extra staff on the bar. :confused:

I do, long live the loch inn. SPL before EPL any time

TornadoHibby
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
:agree: get yourself to the Hibs club, best pint of Tennants Lager this side of, eh ...... Easter Road. :greengrin

Is there such a thing?? :confused:

hibbymac
04-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Is there such a thing?? :confused:

I don't know, is there? :confused:

Keith_M
04-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Most people on here already think you're a bit of a 'member'...

:na na:

frazeHFC
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
I was raging in BTG when they played Inverness v Celtic ahead of West Ham v Millwall. Why anyone in there wanted to watch Celtic win instead of a big derby confuses me.

bingo70
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I was raging in BTG when they played Inverness v Celtic ahead of West Ham v Millwall. Why anyone in there wanted to watch Celtic win instead of a big derby confuses me.

Because ones a foreign league and one is relevant to us.

Give me a scottish game over an over rated championship game every time.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2012, 03:48 PM

:agree:

frazeHFC
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM

I can't stand watching SPL games especially when one of the OF is playing, unless against Hibs, probably why i was annoyed. :wink:

bingo70
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't stand watching SPL games especially when one of the OF is playing, unless against Hibs, probably why i was annoyed. :wink:

You enjoyed hibs games against the old firm??!! crazy *******!

There's another thread that talks about the problem with scottish football just now and what you've said highlights one of the issues we need to address, this fascination for English football is killing our game.

frazeHFC
04-03-2012, 05:45 PM
You enjoyed hibs games against the old firm??!! crazy *******!

There's another thread that talks about the problem with scottish football just now and what you've said highlights one of the issues we need to address, this fascination for English football is killing our game.

It's not just a fascination for English football, it's a bore with Scottish football (bar Hibs). If the only game on was an SPL one i still wouldn't watch.

bingo70
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
It's not just a fascination for English football, it's a bore with Scottish football (bar Hibs). If the only game on was an SPL one i still wouldn't watch.

Fair point, as i said it's definately something that needs addressed

TornadoHibby
04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't know, is there? :confused:

I didn't think so hence my question?! :dunno:

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Most people on here already think you're a bit of a 'member'...

:na na:

Dick!