PDA

View Full Version : Transfer ban for Coventry City FC

hfc rd
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Just saw on SSN, that Coventry have been hit with a transfer embargo. Does that mean we might have a chance on securing Mcpake & O'Donovan on the cheap or do we have have to turn our attentions elsewhere?

PatHead
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
.............and Birmingham for not filing accounts

Hibstrooper
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Just saw on SSN, that Coventry have been hit with a transfer embargo. Does that mean we might have a chance on securing Mcpake & O'Donovan on the cheap or do we have have to turn our attentions elsewhere?

Hopefully it'll be lifted by the summer as I don't think it would be good news for us as they would need to make the most of their current players if they weren't able to replace them.

Argylehibby
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Are they not out of contract in the summer and therefore the embargo wont affect them anyway?

nonshinyfinish
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Are they not out of contract in the summer and therefore the embargo wont affect them anyway?

Does a transfer embargo mean that you can't renew the contract of an existing player, or just that you can't sign new ones? :dunno:

Argylehibby
02-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Does a transfer embargo mean that you can't renew the contract of an existing player, or just that you can't sign new ones? :dunno:

I think you cant buy new ones or sell players who are under contract. If the guys on loan are out of contract the transfer embargo wont stop them signing for us (or coventry) but if they were still in contract we couldnt sign them. I think thats the position but not certain.