PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Redundant

happiehibbie
02-03-2012, 07:19 AM
If Neil Alexander gets made redundant today i think Hibs should snap him up

Forget we can not afford him ETC the guy is out a job and we should offer him one

PeterboroHibee
02-03-2012, 07:23 AM
We cant really forget about not affording him, the guy is on ridiculous wages, especially for a reserve SPL keeper. I agree that he would be an excellent signing, and he does need to get playing first team football again, but I imagine he will have quite a lot of offers if he gets released.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
If Neil Alexander gets made redundant today i think Hibs should snap him up

Forget we can not afford him ETC the guy is out a job and we should offer him one

He's being released outwith the transfer window so i'm not sure we can sign him even if we wanted to, although IIRC from the Gretna situation if we appealed to UEFA the players may be allowed to join.

Even if we can though i'm not sure we can justify a third keeper on the books between now and the end of the season, IMO we're strong enough to stay up without him so for the wages he's likely to want i'm not sure it'd be worthwhile, would be delighted if we were to sign him for next season though.

Thecat23
02-03-2012, 07:36 AM
He's being released outwith the transfer window so i'm not sure we can sign him even if we wanted to, although IIRC from the Gretna situation if we appealed to UEFA the players may be allowed to join.

Even if we can though i'm not sure we can justify a third keeper on the books between now and the end of the season, IMO we're strong enough to stay up without him so for the wages he's likely to want i'm not sure it'd be worthwhile, would be delighted if we were to sign him for next season though.

If a player is freed from his contract during a season then he becomes a free agent, and therefore free to sign for any club out with the transfer window.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
If a player is freed from his contract during a season then he becomes a free agent, and therefore free to sign for any club out with the transfer window.

Thats not the case though, they need to be a free agent at the start of the window opening, thats why you normally get a raft of players getting freed from their contracts on the last day of the window

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Thats not the case though, they need to be a free agent at the start of the window opening, thats why you normally get a raft of players getting freed from their contracts on the last day of the window

So it seems, I never realised that!

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they were unattached free agents when the previous window closed.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they were unattached free agents when the previous window closed.

Aye, thats what i said! (or tried to)

Alexander had a club when the previous window closed therefore he cannae be signed now according to transfer window rules, whether UEFA are flexible with this if a player is freed because a club goes into administration is a bit unclear i think.

greenlex
02-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Alexander had a club when the previous window closed therefore he cannae be signed now according to transfer window rules, whether UEFA are flexible with this if a player is freed because a club goes into administration is a bit unclear i think.

You would think they would have to be flexible. Players out of a job through no fault of here own not able to find work? Absolute nonsense if the exception is not made.

El Gubbz
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM

That rule is brutal. If a player is released on the first of february then he is expected to provide for his family until the next window opens without a job? Not every player is on ridiculous wages and can afford it. Imagine getting sacked and had to wait 4/5 months with no income until you can even try and get a job again

happiehibbie
02-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I think that football has just realised its on it ASS the days of huge wages are over people are losing jobs and businesses are closing everyday Footballers demands are reducing the dayd of the Agents and them bleeding our teams are over. (to many footbalers not enough teams)

I belive we are desprate for a goalie and think he can fill the gap and I sure BIG ROD can put a deal together to get him.

As contract goes I belive that any players being released will be able to get a new club as the are free from contracts

bingo70
02-03-2012, 07:56 AM
You would think they would have to be flexible. Players out of a job through no fault of here own not able to find work? Absolute nonsense if the exception is not made.

I'm trying to see it from UEFA's point of view and think of the justification for not letting them sign for another club but i'm struggling, maybe unfair on the players who were free agents at the start of the window who still don't have clubs?

I'm struggling a bit though, thinking about it though did any Gretna players join other clubs? thinking Chris Innes maybe did?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM

So players who are made redundant have to get jobs outwith football if they want to continue to eat and pay their mortgage until the next transfer window??

That can't be the case. In fact, I expect that would be illegal.

Beefster
02-03-2012, 07:59 AM
That rule is brutal. If a player is released on the first of february then he is expected to provide for his family until the next window opens without a job? Not every player is on ridiculous wages and can afford it. Imagine getting sacked and had to wait 4/5 months with no income until you can even try and get a job again

In the vast majority of cases, players have contracts until one of the windows. So, if they are released outside a window, either they have agreed a settlement with the club (and so should have agreed enough to see them through), they've been sacked for something that they have done (so tough titties) or they have been made redundant (the only one completely outside their control). Only redundancy really has any need for the player to be allowed to sign for another club outside a window.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I think that football has just realised its on it ASS the days of huge wages are over people are losing jobs and businesses are closing everyday Footballers demands are reducing the dayd of the Agents and them bleeding our teams are over. (to many footbalers not enough teams)

I belive we are desprate for a goalie and think he can fill the gap and I sure BIG ROD can put a deal together to get him.

As contract goes I belive that any players being released will be able to get a new club as the are free from contracts

Well ye believe wrong! if it's outside the transfer window they definately can't as i say unless UEFA bend the rules due to the club going into administration.

If players could just be freed outwith the transfer window and join other clubs then say celtic wanted to buy a hibs player and we agreed a fee we could just free the player who could then join celtic and they'd find a way of getting the money to us.

Shaggy
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
So players who are made redundant have to get jobs outwith football if they want to continue to eat and pay their mortgage until the next transfer window??

Completely agree, that has to be against free employment laws,

I always thought Alexander was top class, he is better than stack,
no doubt in my mind

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

It won't be illegal as technically speaking there wont be anything to stop another club employing them, they just won't be allowed to register them so therefore can't play them which obviously means no club is going to employ them.

No offence intended to yourself but i'm surprised about the confusion this is causing, it's the same every transfer window.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 08:16 AM
It won't be illegal as technically speaking there wont be anything to stop another club employing them, they just won't be allowed to register them so therefore can't play them which obviously means no club is going to employ them.

No offence intended to yourself but i'm surprised about the confusion this is causing, it's the same every transfer window.

It's not the same. Players aren't made redundant every transfer window.

No offence to yourself, but I'm surprised how literal you're being. :wink:

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Seriously?

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Seriously?

Aye, a team could employ them they just couldn't play them so that's unlikely to happen as they'd just wait till the transfer window opens.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:22 AM
It's not the same. Players aren't made redundant every transfer window.

No offence to yourself, but I'm surprised how literal you're being. :wink:

Players are freed every transfer window, that's why they are otherwise they would just stay employed at the club until they found another club to join.

If rules were different for players being redundant then that'd just be a loophole the clubs and players would exploit and i've already said they may bend rules for individual cases but as the rules stand if Alexander is released today it's not as simple as him just signing for someone else.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Aye, a team could employ them they just couldn't play them so that's unlikely to happen as they'd just wait till the transfer window opens.

Oh come on.

The illegality is that the rules would stop someone plying their trade.

Captain Trips
02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I would imagine any player they let go will still be able to move on and remain on roughly the same pay, the only players we may be in with a chance are ones whom have not played yet, there maybe a youth or two in there.

Caversham Green
02-03-2012, 08:37 AM

It's certainly a restriction of trade. Most clubs supplement their income by selling players and the transfer window arrangement effectively prevents them from doing so. It is arguable that Rangers could have avoided administration if they were able to sell (say) McGregor in February. It's also made worse by the fact that the window slams shut on different dates in different countries, so e.g. a Russian club in the latter stages of a Euro competition could bolster their squad while a Scottish one couldn't.

I'd like to see a legal challenge to the whole system.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Oh come on.

The illegality is that the rules would stop someone plying their trade.

Ah dinnae ken, i'm no an employment lawyer, i just know if a player is freed outwith the transfer window they can't sign for anyone else until the transfer window opens again and to my knowledge there's nothing in the rules to state the rules are any different if a player is freed due to the club being in administration.

Keith_M
02-03-2012, 08:49 AM
:hijack:

Back to the point...

He's not going to sign for Hibs, as we already have two keepers and, as already said, I'd imagine he could get paid more elsewhere.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Ah dinnae ken, i'm no an employment lawyer, i just know if a player is freed outwith the transfer window they can't sign for anyone else until the transfer window opens again and to my knowledge there's nothing in the rules to state the rules are any different if a player is freed due to the club being in administration.

I know it's not clear, but I think we'll find that they can, and will.

Maybe you've just not found it yet.

FYI...

At Livingston in 2004, Lovell was among a number of players to take a wage cut, but that did not prevent redundancies being made. Since the administrator asked the squad to voluntarily reduce their wages, the players' contracts were effectively breached, and Marvin Andrews negotiated an early release from his deal to sign on a free transfer for Rangers. It is less clear what the affect on contracts would be if the players themselves instigate a wage cut.

Any individuals sacked are paid to the end of that working day. They are entitled to redundancy payments, but effectively become unsecured creditors, joining the rest of the people owed money by the club. When Dundee were in administration in 2010, the 10 released players were able to block the creditors' vote on the Company Voluntary Agreement required to exit administration, so the PFA Scotland negotiated future payments from the club in return for them voting in favour the CVA.

This is unlikely at Ibrox, though, since Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs would be the major creditor if the first tier tax tribunal delivers its verdict against Rangers' use of Employee Benefit Trusts. Because the football creditors rule applies only in England – ensuring that football debts are paid first in the event of an administration – any players released by Rangers would face having to hope that they might receive some money later on, and in the meantime find a new club.

"On the basis that the contracts have been unilaterally terminated by the administrator, there is a powerful argument that they would be classified as free agents and therefore would be able to sign for another club outside of the transfer window," says Richard Cramer, a sports law expert. "My argument if I was representing the player would be that the termination of the contract would mean there is no transfer between clubs and therefore there is nothing to stop the player signing for another club."

From here http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=how%20does%20redundancy%20affect%20football%20pl ayers&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&fp=3b6b42e17dd83c7b&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=935

happiehibbie
02-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Just spoken to a man in the know

Players become free agents and are, free to find new clubs and play !!!

for the record Alexander is on 12k a week and 1k bonus if on the bench

bingo70
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I know it's not clear, but I think we'll find that they can, and will.

Maybe you've just not found it yet.

FYI...

At Livingston in 2004, Lovell was among a number of players to take a wage cut, but that did not prevent redundancies being made. Since the administrator asked the squad to voluntarily reduce their wages, the players' contracts were effectively breached, and Marvin Andrews negotiated an early release from his deal to sign on a free transfer for Rangers. It is less clear what the affect on contracts would be if the players themselves instigate a wage cut.

Any individuals sacked are paid to the end of that working day. They are entitled to redundancy payments, but effectively become unsecured creditors, joining the rest of the people owed money by the club. When Dundee were in administration in 2010, the 10 released players were able to block the creditors' vote on the Company Voluntary Agreement required to exit administration, so the PFA Scotland negotiated future payments from the club in return for them voting in favour the CVA.

This is unlikely at Ibrox, though, since Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs would be the major creditor if the first tier tax tribunal delivers its verdict against Rangers' use of Employee Benefit Trusts. Because the football creditors rule applies only in England – ensuring that football debts are paid first in the event of an administration – any players released by Rangers would face having to hope that they might receive some money later on, and in the meantime find a new club.

"On the basis that the contracts have been unilaterally terminated by the administrator, there is a powerful argument that they would be classified as free agents and therefore would be able to sign for another club outside of the transfer window," s[B]ays Richard Cramer, a sports law expert. "My argument if I was representing the player would be that the termination of the contract would mean there is no transfer between clubs and therefore there is nothing to stop the player signing for another club."

From here http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=seb&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=how does redundancy affect football players&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&fp=3b6b42e17dd83c7b&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=935

My interpretation of that is that as the rules stand a player can't join another club if released due to being redundant however the sports lawyer believes that's in breach of laws you stated earlier on which means if we wanted Alexander for example we would have to appeal to UEFA and possibly go through the courts although the case of Marvin Andrews (and possibly Chris Innes if i was right about him) would suggest the appeal would be upheld.

certainly not as simple as him just becoming a free agent and able to sign for another club straight away with no complications.

brydekirk
02-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Goalkeeping coach till end off season !!!

basehibby
02-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Would have thought that rule would be against Alexander's human rights - ie his right to have a job and earn a living - therefore I suspect you've somehow misread it as it would be against the law in the EU for such a rule to exist.

Andy74
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Average keeper for that level of wage. No wonder Rangers still have a hefty operating shortfall.

The opening post it crazy. Forget we can't afford him? Eh?

basehibby
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM

:shocked: Blimey - nae wonder the huns are skint - serves them right - good riddance to bad (cheating) rubbish :na na:

bingo70
02-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Would have thought that rule would be against Alexander's human rights - ie his right to have a job and earn a living - therefore I suspect you've somehow misread it as it would be against the law in the EU for such a rule to exist.

I've definately not.

Look at Hibby radges post to me earlier, why would a sports lawyer be questioning the legality of it if no such rule exists?

as for it breaching human right, employment laws i've no got a clue about that stuff, i just know that if a player is with a club at the end of a transfer window he can't play for another one until the next window opens, i have always said though that UEFA may bend the rules if it is due to a club going into administration but it's not in the rules that they just simply become a free agent and able to sign for another club when made redundant

bingo70
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_ en_33410.pdf

"Players may only be registered during one of the two annual registration
periods fi xed by the relevant association. As an exception to this
rule, a professional whose contract has expired prior to the end of a
registration period may be registered outside that registration period.
Associations are authorised to register such professionals provided
due consideration is given to the sporting integrity of the relevant competition.
Where a contract has been terminated with just cause,
FIFA may take provisional measures in order to avoid abuse, subject
to article 22"

Can you tell i'm bored? Not really sure what the last bit about contracts being terminated with just cause means?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_ en_33410.pdf

"Players may only be registered during one of the two annual registration
periods fi xed by the relevant association. As an exception to this
rule, a professional whose contract has expired prior to the end of a
registration period may be registered outside that registration period.
Associations are authorised to register such professionals provided
due consideration is given to the sporting integrity of the relevant competition.
Where a contract has been terminated with just cause,
FIFA may take provisional measures in order to avoid abuse, subject
to article 22"

Can you tell i'm bored? Not really sure what the last bit about contracts being terminated with just cause means?

It means Rangers' players who are made redundant, will be able to sign, and play for, other clubs. :wink:

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Think the following might clarify it a bit better, .. section 1.4 .....

1. RegistRation ("PeRiods")
Registration Periods will apply to professional players who compete in football at Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League level.The Registration Periods will not apply to amateur players.
1.1 To those clubs to which Registration Periods apply, a professional player may only be registered to play for such a club during one of two registration periods per year as determined by the Board from time to time.
1.2 Internationally, a professional player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.
Domestically, a professional player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.
A professional player who has failed to find employment during a registration period may sign and be registered for a club outwith the registration periods.
1.3 The Scottish FA will effect the registration of professional players during two registration periods and will provide the club for which the player is registered with a Player Passport indicating the club(s) the player has been registered with since his 12th birthday.
1.4 The Scottish FA may in its absolute discretion, in exceptional circumstances, sanction an application for registration of a professional player outwith the Registration Periods subject to specific conditions and Board approval.
1.5 Disputes:
Any dispute regarding the application of Registration Periods domestically will be dealt with by the Board.
Any dispute regarding the application of Registration Periods internationally will be dealt with by FIFA in accordance with the FIFA Regulations.

bingo70
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
It means Rangers' players who are made redundant, will be able to sign, and play for, other clubs. :wink:

'may' be able to! (although i'm not totally convinced thats what it meant but we'll say it did)

I agree that if this is the rule there's no doubt the appeal would be upheld and he'd be able to sign but it's definately not the case a player that becomes a free agent due to the club going into administration automatically becomes a free agent and able to sign outwith the transfer window.

Kato
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM

How much does he get from his second contract? :greengrin

McD
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
As far as I understood the rules - a club can sign (and pay) a player outwith a transfer window, the just can't PLAY them.

A player who is freed at the end of a window will have negotiated either: their contract paid in full, or some kind of payoff. They are then no longer contracted to a club and are free to sign for any club, any time as they were free agents before the window closed. The payoff ensures they have enough funds to support their family until such time as they find a new club (technically they could be better off, as they could find a new club immediately, and have both the payoff and new wages from new employer).

If they are not freed, usually their contract would run until at least the next transfer window (although I do seem to rmember Deek's contract pre celtic move was due to expire in the november :dunno:)

PS: These situations don't apply to the rangers players obviously lol

bingo70
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
As far as I understood the rules - a club can sign (and pay) a player outwith a transfer window, the just can't PLAY them.

A player who is freed at the end of a window will have negotiated either: their contract paid in full, or some kind of payoff. They are then no longer contracted to a club and are free to sign for any club, any time as they were free agents before the window closed. The payoff ensures they have enough funds to support their family until such time as they find a new club (technically they could be better off, as they could find a new club immediately, and have both the payoff and new wages from new employer).

If they are not freed, usually their contract would run until at least the next transfer window (although I do seem to rmember Deek's contract pre celtic move was due to expire in the november :dunno:)

Exactly, that's the case but i don't think it's clear what the rules are when players contracts are terminated due to a club going into administration, from the link i've put up it appears being made redundant doesn't change the players rights but it's basically down to the discression of the fa involved if they want to allow the player to join another club or not.

--------
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
:hijack:

Back to the point...

He's not going to sign for Hibs, as we already have two keepers and, as already said, I'd imagine he could get paid more elsewhere.

Exactly.

And besides - there's no evidence he's any better than Graham Stack or Mark Brown. In fact, it's so long since he's played in the first team it's questionable whether he's even as good as them.

But hey-ho, he's available, he's a name someone's heard of, so let's break the bank and sign him up regardless. :bitchy:

aberhibsfc
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
In the vast majority of cases, players have contracts until one of the windows. So, if they are released outside a window, either they have agreed a settlement with the club (and so should have agreed enough to see them through), they've been sacked for something that they have done (so tough titties) or they have been made redundant (the only one completely outside their control). Only redundancy really has any need for the player to be allowed to sign for another club outside a window. :agree:

J-C
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM

If a player gets released from their club when the transfer window is closed, they cannot sign for another team until the window reopens. A notable case of this being Sol Campbell (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Sol_Campbell) who in September 2009 was released from Notts County (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Notts_County_F.C.), just after a month from signing on a free transfer. He signed for his former club Arsenal (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) in January 2010, after spending a few months training with the team to maintain his fitness.

Captain Trips
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
If a player gets released from their club when the transfer window is closed, they cannot sign for another team until the window reopens. A notable case of this being Sol Campbell (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Sol_Campbell) who in September 2009 was released from Notts County (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Notts_County_F.C.), just after a month from signing on a free transfer. He signed for his former club Arsenal (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) in January 2010, after spending a few months training with the team to maintain his fitness.

Was this through the club going into administration if not it seems was a decision Sol and the club came to so his hand was not forced. I think if players are made redundant they should be allowed to join a club regardless of window as it is not a decision the player made.

I think any players made redundant will be allowed to join a club right away if they wish.

J-C
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Was this through the club going into administration if not it seems was a decision Sol and the club came to so his hand was not forced. I think if players are made redundant they should be allowed to join a club regardless of window as it is not a decision the player made.

I think any players made redundant will be allowed to join a club right away if they wish.

Dunno, just thought I'd share a we're all a bit confused at the mo.

Andy74
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Dunno, just thought I'd share a we're all a bit confused at the mo.

It's clear that in normal cirumstances you can't sign a player who has been released unless he was released during a window.

However, players that have been made redundant and have not had their contract paid up will almost certainly be able to be signed as the SPL/UEFA would have some leeway to consider the position and approve the registration.

steakbake
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
All very interesting, but I can't see Neil Alexander signing for Hibs.

J-C
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
All very interesting, but I can't see Neil Alexander signing for Hibs.

Think he's a Jambo anyway.

jgl07
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Simple answer sign the player concerned on a pre-contract starting with the end of the season. Be slightly generous with the wages to cover for the last three months of the season.

Next sign the player on amateur forms until the end of the season and play them.

This worked for Livingston when Richard Gough was managing them if I recall correctly.

steakbake
02-03-2012, 03:01 PM

I think so, but I don't think that particularly matters.

Players play for whoever pays them, unless they can afford to have football loyalties and turn down offers of employment from 'rivals'.

down-the-slope
02-03-2012, 03:12 PM
:shocked: Blimey - nae wonder the huns are skint - serves them right - good riddance to bad (cheating) rubbish :na na:

:agree: aye when you hear the administrator say they are short of an amount for running costs for the next 3 months(not even the whole amount for that period) and that amount is greater than Hibs whole annual turnover

You make your bed...so jolly well lie in it

Jim44
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM

So, for example, if Papac, were released by Rangers tomorrow, would he be unpaid and unemployable till the next window? If so would he have received compensation from Rangers? If so, where does the cash come from? If not, he would be a fool to accept redundancy.:dunno:

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Exactly.

And besides - there's no evidence he's any better than Graham Stack or Mark Brown. In fact, it's so long since he's played in the first team it's questionable whether he's even as good as them.

But hey-ho, he's available, he's a name someone's heard of, so let's break the bank and sign him up regardless. :bitchy:

Nutshell.

The Huns deserve everything they have coming for them is they are prepared to pay 12k a week to a muppet who hasn't worn a set of gloves since Al Jolson last did.

Andy74
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
So, for example, if Papac, were released by Rangers tomorrow, would he be unpaid and unemployable till the next window? If so would he have received compensation from Rangers? If so, where does the cash come from? If not, he would be a fool to accept redundancy.:dunno:

Technically but as I said above I think there would be discretion to allow these players to be registered with other clubs.

I don't think the players have any choice in administration on whether to accept redundancy, they can just be shown the door with no rights at all I think. Might be wrong on that and they might just become creditors for what was due on their contract.

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Technically but as I said above I think there would be discretion to allow these players to be registered with other clubs.

I don't think the players have any choice in administration on whether to accept redundancy, they can just be shown the door with no rights at all I think. Might be wrong on that and they might just become creditors for what was due on their contract.

:agree: As I said in post 36 above, unless the SFA Handbook 2011/12 is wrong, ....... "1.4 The Scottish FA may in its absolute discretion, in exceptional circumstances, sanction an application for registration of a professional player outwith the Registration Periods subject to specific conditions and Board approval."

snooky
02-03-2012, 04:21 PM
:agree: As I said in post 36 above, unless the SFA Handbook 2011/12 is wrong, ....... "1.4 The Scottish FA may in its absolute discretion, in exceptional circumstances, sanction an application for registration of a professional player outwith the Registration Periods subject to specific conditions and Board approval."

Just wondered, are these "specific conditions" specified anywhere or are they discretional?

Hibbyradge
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM

:agree:

End of. :greengrin

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Just wondered, are these "specific conditions" specified anywhere or are they discretional?

:dunno: I think the rules are there to stop, .... club A agreeing with Club B about transferring a player ( outwith the window ) then Club A releasing, make redundant, sack etc, the player in question, which would make him then a Free Agent and available to sign for club B,

They probably can't write every eventuality in to their rule book, but situations where a club goes into administration, liquidation, a players mother dies, and he wants to return to his "home" country, etc would probably be grounds for ...... "in exceptional circumstances, sanction an application for registration of a professional player outwith the Registration Periods"

hibbymac
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
:agree:

End of. :greengrin

:aok:

I posted this before 11am this morning, I think we are now getting there. :greengrin

bigwheel
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM

Even if he was ..do you think that remotely come into a club or professional footballers consideration ? It's his job ...

ancient hibee
02-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Every time he plays for Rangers he seems to sell a goal so he'll fit in well to our goal keeping school.

hfc rd
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Every time he plays for Rangers he seems to sell a goal so he'll fit in well to our goal keeping school.

Yeah but he is a much better GK than Stack & Brown.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah but he is a much better GK than Stack & Brown.

Yeah obviously he will be better until he signs...................then all of a sudden he's not good enough for us!

...WentToMowAnSPL
02-03-2012, 09:13 PM
:top marks
Yeah obviously he will be better until he signs...................then all of a sudden he's not good enough for us!

:top marks

Bostonhibby
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM

Agree every word here, but if it suits us and helps to sign this guy couldn't we argue that technically there's been quite a few Hibs keepers in recent memory who haven't really been within the true meaning of the goalkeeping role? or that strictly speaking being a Hibs Keeper is technically a job outwith the norms of football.:duck:

Septimus
03-03-2012, 06:46 AM
If Alexander is on these wages what is McGregor getting? Maybe the administators will force Rangers to release him.

Never mind. Today we have a great fixture in the SLP with one cheating club playing another while thousands of delusioned souls eagerly await the outcome.

brog
03-03-2012, 09:42 AM

These numbers seem very high but if they're true he'll be 1st guy released. He's 34 next week, hardly played for 4 years & unlikely to get offers from down South. Unless Celtc go for him ( unlikely ) we ( or Yams ) are likely to be his best option.

SkintHibby
03-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Aye because these Rangers players are poverty ridden and won't have a bob or two stashed away for a rainy day. Aye ok.:rolleyes:

DH1875
03-03-2012, 03:37 PM
We should just go the full hog and sign McGreagor, Davis and Papac on 25k a week till the end of the season. Rangers have already proved it doesn't matter if you can afford them or not . You got to feel sorry for Aluko though if he's sacked IF he really did pay his own fee.

PaulSmith
03-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Neil Alexander on 12-14k per week!!

Iggy Pope
03-03-2012, 08:43 PM
It's not as if there is no recent precedent for us to have ex-OF keepers on our books is it? I can think of two and one of them's still here!