PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor and the Jambo Sheriff

Hibs07p
01-03-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/nervous_hibs_star_faces_jambo_sheriff_over_fraud_c laims_1_2147852

At this point, Sheriff McCrory said: “For the record, I should declare that I’m a season ticket holder at Tynecastle. Is there any objection to me dealing with this matter?

Trial Delayed until May

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Found the story quite funny masel....
Imagne admitting to all and sundry that he wis a yam and a shareholder, whatever could he have shares in......

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
At this point, Sheriff McCrory said: "I'm an inbred yam rocket, ken, and will make sure this b*****d regrets the day he wis born. Any problem"?

Impossible to obtain a fair trail. Inevitable conviction overturned at court of appeal and huge damages awarded to Mr O'Connor :flag:

PatHead
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
"I also have some Hearts shares, which I think are probably worth less than Rangers shares at the minute.” A Sherriff with a sense of humour.

The Harp
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Found the story quite funny masel....
Imagne admitting to all and sundry that he wis a yam and a shareholder, whatever could he have shares in......

... wonder if he also admitted to having acquired a funny handshake?:wink:

Must admit, he does seem to have a sense of humour.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Sounds as though both parties are going to sort this out without the courts getting further involved👍

Diclonius
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
The thread title sounds like a Harry Potter spinoff.

Rivers Cuomo
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Haha nae luck Gaz

Exiled Hibby
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Sounds as though both parties are going to sort this out without the courts getting further involved

It's a criminal matter not a civil one, so only party who decides whether or not case to proceed is the Procurator fiscal.

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Got to be competition here:

"At this point the judge said I am season ticket holder at Tynecastle.... (BLANK or BLANKS).

......and the rest of the time I am an armchair in Dorset,

poolman
01-03-2012, 07:50 PM

"At this point the judge said I am season ticket holder at Tynecastle.... (BLANK or BLANKS).

......and the rest of the time I am an armchair in Dorset,

:thumbsup:

son of haggart
01-03-2012, 07:55 PM
what a waste of public money - why couldn't he have just said no when he saw it on the list!?

Bostonhibby
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
what a waste of public money - why couldn't he have just said no when he saw it on the list!?

Maybe hoping there was still an outside chance he could use his establishment position to gie a Hibby serf a swift kick in the ba's? :wink: Sheriff's are nae problem it's Judges in the taxation and employment tribunals you've got to watch out for, might be few Hibby's sitting there in future who won't be so forthcoming:greengrin

erin go bragh
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
"I also have some Hearts shares, which I think are probably worth less than Rangers shares at the minute.” A Sherriff with a sense of humour.
:agree: must be about the only 1 :cb
ggtth

Jonnyboy
01-03-2012, 08:32 PM

"At this point the judge said I am season ticket holder at Tynecastle.... which is why I'm sitting here in a dress and funny wig

......and the rest of the time I am an armchair in a corset,

mca
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
As Said above - im not sure as to why the jambo sheriff took the case in the first place !!!

i think he just wanted to get a mention in the papers..

could you imagine the PRESS the Judge would have got if he had Jailed Garry O !!!!

This court case dragging on - is probably the last thing gazza wants ..:agree:

as it Looks like he might still be playing for hibs next season too !! :na na:

I Think - This whole case - might have been easier if gazza had just admitted to being pi$hed and doing a runner after crashing yer car eh..

year or 2 ban fae driving and a few grand fine coz yer a footballer etc !! as it is - the insurance have not paid him anyway - now he risks jail time !!

not the smartest coke drinker in the planet really..

Eyrie
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
A judge by definition is expected to put aside personal bias when considering a case. And it's probable that cases are assigned to judges on a "who is next available" basis.

Besides, with O'Connor's recent form the judge may insist he starts in the derby.

Jim44
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
A judge by definition is expected to put aside personal bias when considering a case. And it's probable that cases are assigned to judges on a "who is next available" basis.

Besides, with O'Connor's recent form the judge may insist he starts in the derby.

:agree: The sheriff's decision to mention his Jambo allegience tells you more about his fitness to judge than anything else.

hibbytam
02-03-2012, 02:42 AM
As Said above - im not sure as to why the jambo sheriff took the case in the first place !!!

i think he just wanted to get a mention in the papers..

could you imagine the PRESS the Judge would have got if he had Jailed Garry O !!!!

This court case dragging on - is probably the last thing gazza wants ..:agree:

as it Looks like he might still be playing for hibs next season too !! :na na:

I Think - This whole case - might have been easier if gazza had just admitted to being pi$hed and doing a runner after crashing yer car eh..

year or 2 ban fae driving and a few grand fine coz yer a footballer etc !! as it is - the insurance have not paid him anyway - now he risks jail time !!

not the smartest coke drinker in the planet really..

According to the article, he's claimed that he caused the damage, while the insurers/ procurator fiscal claim that it was his mate.

--------
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
According to the article, he's claimed that he caused the damage, while the insurers/ procurator fiscal claim that it was his mate.

My assumption would be that the insurance on the car didn't cover his friend driving it.

And btw - he's a sheriff, not a judge. A judge is an entirely differnet animal.

Kojock
02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
As far as I know there is no longer a resident Sheriff at Haddington and basically a sheriff will be allocated on a week to week basis. The Sheriff will not know the case load until he is handed the papers. Hence why he wouldnt know that GOC was appearing. He is quite correct in declaring his position as a Hertz season ticket holder. If his defence thought this could influence the Sheriff in any way they can ask that another Sheriff be alocated.

It actually happens quite a lot where a Sheriff will disqualify themselves from hearing a case due to numerous reasons. One such being a guy was appearing on a charge of breaking into a butchers shop, the Sheriff disqaulified himself as he shopped there regularly and knew the owner.

Back to the trial judging from this comment

"That is for further discussion and possible resolution to the matter"

It looks like the defence and the PF are in discussion and after a bit of plea bargaining a deal would be struck rather than GOC going to trial. I noticed it was the same with his drug trial at Edinburgh that "The the matter was capable of resolution prior to trial"

silverhibee
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
As far as I know there is no longer a resident Sheriff at Haddington and basically a sheriff will be allocated on a week to week basis. The Sheriff will not know the case load until he is handed the papers. Hence why he wouldnt know that GOC was appearing. He is quite correct in declaring his position as a Hertz season ticket holder. If his defence thought this could influence the Sheriff in any way they can ask that another Sheriff be alocated.

It actually happens quite a lot where a Sheriff will disqualify themselves from hearing a case due to numerous reasons. One such being a guy was appearing on a charge of breaking into a butchers shop, the Sheriff disqaulified himself as he shopped there regularly and knew the owner.

Back to the trial judging from this comment

"That is for further discussion and possible resolution to the matter"

It looks like the defence and the PF are in discussion and after a bit of plea bargaining a deal would be struck rather than GOC going to trial. I noticed it was the same with his drug trial at Edinburgh that "The the matter was capable of resolution prior to trial"

GOC and his legal team have done what is needed done, they have got both trials put off until the end of the season which would have been there main aim,, if a prison term comes his way he could be out for the start of next season.

NOLA
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
wish i coulda seen gazza's face when the sheriiff let that oot the bag :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2012, 04:23 PM
My assumption would be that the insurance on the car didn't cover his friend driving it.

And btw - he's a sheriff, not a judge. A judge is an entirely differnet animal.

A sheriff is a judge in Scotland is it not? Now a High Court Judge is a different animal.

NYHibby
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Sheriffs are "judges" in Scotland. Doddie is probably thinking of justices of the peace who are lay officials.

greenginger
02-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Sheriff Colin McCrory as named by the Evening News is not named on my Companies House list of Yam shareholders.

There is a Colin McClory on the list with 200 shares. Would'nt trust the EEN to get the date right ! :greengrin

heretoday
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
How boring. A sheriff who likes to introduce a note of heavy handed humour to proceedings.

I imagine Gary will get off.