PDA

View Full Version : Scotland U21,s v Holland U21,s

Phil MaGlass
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Surprised nothing has been said about the game although we didnt have the technical ability the Dutch posess, i thought we played very well, certainly after Scott Allan came on with 25 mins to play, we almost won the game. Allen should be pumped directly into the full squad he was excellent, theres a great player there, the way he ran at the Dutch and pushed them off with ease was great to see, something lacking in the full squad at the moment we had alot of good young players who could easily make the step up, O,Harrolan and Rhodes all could make the step up, the futures looking bright. Now just to get Levein tae ---- and get someone in who knows what he is doing.

easty
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Surprised nothing has been said about the game although we didnt have the technical ability the Dutch posess, i thought we played very well, certainly after Scott Allan came on with 25 mins to play, we almost won the game. Allen should be pumped directly into the full squad he was excellent, theres a great player there, the way he ran at the Dutch and pushed them off with ease was great to see, something lacking in the full squad at the moment we had alot of good young players who could easily make the step up, O,Harrolan and Rhodes all could make the step up, the futures looking bright. Now just to get Levein tae ---- and get someone in who knows what he is doing.

I thought O'Halloran was poor when he came on.

Part/Time Supporter
01-03-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?229618-Tonight-s-International-s

Craigyno1
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM

I thought so too. Was impressed by the right back, Jack? (from Aberdeen). Scotland had a lot of good play and took the game to the Dutch for spells. Looking good for the future.

Wotherspiniesta
01-03-2012, 12:28 PM

:agree:

Who is he? Never even heard of him before. Griffiths would have been a decent option from the bench, but I won't grumble as it means he's fresh for Saturday.

Wotherspiniesta
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM

I'd agree with that. I was wondering what all the fuss was about this lad and then I seen him play. Looks a cracking player.

seven nowt
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Who is he? Never even heard of him before. Griffiths would have been a decent option from the bench, but I won't grumble as it means he's fresh for Saturday.

Probably because you're so used to saying O'Hanlon's pish! O'Halloran is close.

frazeHFC
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I'd agree with that. I was wondering what all the fuss was about this lad and then I seen him play. Looks a cracking player.

I was very surprised at all the talk of him and is move in January, now i see why though!

Some really good players in the U21s, thought Kelly and Cairney were very good.

essexhibee
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
He did have a few poor touches but O'halloran impressed me with a few or runs particularly the great run and cross though no one got on the end of it. Thought Allen looked class like above posters have said. Johnny russell also. Just a shame we couldnt have scored its gutting that only the group winner qualifies.

StarMan10
01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Was quite dissapointed by Rhodes given all the hype! Heard he could have been nursing an injury though so don't know whether that was affecting him! Obviously a cracking goal scorer but does anyone know if he can play as the lone striker effectively? Dont know how huddersfield play but can guarantee Scotland will be playing 1 up top almost every game for years to come!