PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Shop

Iceman1875
29-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I was in the store today to buy a couple of tickets for the game on Saturday. I have not been in the store in over a year and was excited to see what merchandise they had. With my girlfriend pregnant, I wanted to try and get some nice baby sleep suits or a small Hibs outfit but was left disappointed by what was actually on sale in the store. Yes, we are 10 weeks away until the end of the season and have (by the looks of it!) masses of replica kit to shift at half price. The general merchandise that never changes ie pin badges, glasses, flags, dvds, books etc was poor in availability and options, and what I can only describe as shambolic 'Hibs fashion' clothing, which at the prices it was being sold for, no wonder the display bars were full! What ever happened to the stand of pin badges, the dvd rack, the pit of footballs, signed profile pictures of the players, framed photo's of classic games/Easter Road, golf balls with the Hibs crest on, car stickers, a baby range(!), autograph books, jewellery, mugs, sports bottles, etc etc etc! I was looking to spend a good few quid today but came out with just two tickets for the game...:rolleyes:

PatHead
29-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I was in the store today to buy a couple of tickets for the game on Saturday. I have not been in the store in over a year and was excited to see what merchandise they had. With my girlfriend pregnant, I wanted to try and get some nice baby sleep suits or a small Hibs outfit but was left disappointed by what was actually on sale in the store. Yes, we are 10 weeks away until the end of the season and have (by the looks of it!) masses of replica kit to shift at half price. The general merchandise that never changes ie pin badges, glasses, flags, dvds, books etc was poor in availability and options, and what I can only describe as shambolic 'Hibs fashion' clothing, which at the prices it was being sold for, no wonder the display bars were full! What ever happened to the stand of pin badges, the dvd rack, the pit of footballs, signed profile pictures of the players, framed photo's of classic games/Easter Road, golf balls with the Hibs crest on, car stickers, a baby range(!), autograph books, jewellery, mugs, sports bottles, etc etc etc! I was looking to spend a good few quid today but came out with just two tickets for the game...:rolleyes:

My wife said the same at Christmas time, usually gets lots of stocking fillers but they were poor this year.

bingo70
29-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Totally agree, tried to buy my nephew a Christmas present in there but the shop was pish.

Even the cheap tat like keyrings and stuff had pictures of the old east stand, looked like a shop closing down trying to get rid of the last of its stock even though it was the first weekend in December

cabbageandribs1875
29-02-2012, 10:09 PM
i was in a few months back and looked for some hibs stickers with the club emblem , had to settle for getting the wee circular stickers that are meant for bowling baws :greengrin

get it sorted SL

Viva_Palmeiras
29-02-2012, 10:25 PM
i was in a few months back and looked for some hibs stickers with the club emblem , had to settle for getting the wee circular stickers that are meant for bowling baws :greengrin

get it sorted SL

I believe these bowling balls stickers may have been stocked as a result of something raised on here - gap in the market not filled by the club (at least the person asking permission from the club to develop them was denied). So Petrie may well have got that one sorted :greengrin

Stantons Angel
29-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately i have to agree with you all and i am sure the stock variety and clothing are not up to the standard we have been used to.

I dont know if it is the change in sponsor range clothing or the change in staffing in the shop since the last manager left.

He always had the place stocked with different varieties of things at decent prices and was always willing to listen to the fans as to what they were looking to buy and what they thought would sell.

Even at Christmas there was not the usual choice for the kids or the adults in my life and after visiting the shop on a few occasions i left empty handed each time.

Time somebody had a word in the managers ear and dropped a hint or the already falling sales will turn into a landslide.

MSK
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I believe these bowling balls stickers may have been stocked as a result of something raised on here - gap in the market not filled by the club (at least the person asking permission from the club to develop them was denied). So Petrie may well have got that one sorted :greengrinCorrect, they done home & away stickers ..ive got them on my two sets of bowls ..:thumbsup:

MB62
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I believe these bowling balls stickers may have been stocked as a result of something raised on here - gap in the market not filled by the club (at least the person asking permission from the club to develop them was denied). So Petrie may well have got that one sorted :greengrin

That was Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :thumbsup:

Hope there are still some left for the bowls for this year. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM

yep, i'm not a bowler but remember that thread on here :agree:

That was Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :thumbsup:

Hope there are still some left for the bowls for this year. :greengrin

i knew i should have bought all in stock , **** the bowlers :wink: :cb

Hibee87
01-03-2012, 10:41 AM

I was in just after christmas getting my girlfriend (who is also pregnant) a hibs hoody, near the checkout there was like a bargain basket and manged to get hibs baby suit, had little hat, suit and little hibs boots. Never saw anythgn else atall for babies. what happened to the good old, 'hibs best dribbler' bids etc? poor poor mechandise in that excuse for a hibs shop

Judas Iscariot
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I was in just after christmas getting my girlfriend (who is also pregnant) a hibs hoody, near the checkout there was like a bargain basket and manged to get hibs baby suit, had little hat, suit and little hibs boots. Never saw anythgn else atall for babies. what happened to the good old, 'hibs best dribbler' bids etc? poor poor mechandise in that excuse for a hibs shop

Didn't realise you were expecting, congrats :thumbsup:

MSK
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
yep, i'm not a bowler but remember that thread on here :agree:

i knew i should have bought all in stock , **** the bowlers :wink: :cbWouldnt have bothered me ..I was wise enough to buy spares ...:giruy:

Speedway
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I tend to find that no matter what the merch on offer is, people love it and buy it when the team's winning and don't otherwise.

Beefster
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Hibs can only produce what there is demand for. They can't (and shouldn't) be producing stuff on the off-chance that someone, somewhere might fancy one at some point.

Having said that, they should be binning the 'fashion' stuff and concentrating on the core stuff for supporters.

MSK
01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Hibs can only produce what there is demand for. They can't (and shouldn't) be producing stuff on the off-chance that someone, somewhere might fancy one at some point.

Having said that, they should be binning the 'fashion' stuff and concentrating on the core stuff for supporters.Nah ..I want a pair of hibs croc's for holidays...:agree:

PatHead
01-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Having said that, they should be binning the 'fashion' stuff and concentrating on the core stuff for supporters.

The point I made earlier re Christmas Stock was for Bars of Chocolate, key rings, cheap pencils, pens, baby's bibs etc. Not "off chance" stuff. About the only regular item was the calender which is out of date by the time you get it. Comment made at the beginning of the year re calender featuring classic pictures such as Famous 5, League Cup winners would make the calender a better buy.

A thing I have always wanted Hibs to stock is a sleeveless Hibs green sweater. Would look the dog's b*llocks on the golf course with a white t shirt and get around the no football colours rule. Sure it would be a good seller.

Makaveli
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I tend to find that no matter what the merch on offer is, people love it and buy it when the team's winning and don't otherwise.

I remember the shop in 2003 (when we were fairly gash and it was half its current size)... the stuff then was better then. I've still got a quality beach towel and home-strip cushion I bought with my birthday money that year :greengrin.

The 07-08 Boozy fridge magnet complete with afro is another favourite. The shop's framed picture offerings also used to be decent, now if you want anything good you need to go elsewhere and your money won't be going to the club.

Most of the leisurewear is shocking.

Watford_Mark
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Yep I was disappointed on my list visit to the shop (start of the season), 5 of us including 3 kids under 6, and looking to spend some cash. Ended up walking out with a few rucksacks and a new scarf :( not at all what we had hoped for. Previous visits we bought fleeces, polo shirts, baby grows etc .... Nothing on the last visit and to be honest not in a great hurry to rush back.

Iceman1875
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM

Dont agree with this. If you seen some of the 'fashion' range, and we were sitting top of the league, I'm certain it would still be there gathering dust. Yes the fans will buy more if the team are performing but I/we won't buy rubbish.

Gatecrasher
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
IMO It's a difficult one for clubs like Hibs. Hibs cant stock the club shop like a normal high street retailer as their is only ever going to be a limited demand for the product. My guess is they buy in bulk at the start of the season based on previous sales figures and sell it throughout the year and only very popular products getting restocked, Then starting over again the next year.

This isnt the best time to ever buy from the Club shop as they are trying to get rid of this seasons gear to make room for the new stuff coming in. I can however see where a lot of the points on this thread are coming from.

LancashireHibby
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I have noticed the range isn't anywhere near as good as previously. When my lad was younger (now 4 years old) there was a ton of stuff he had but it doesn't seem to be in stock as much these days. I do think some of the tshirts etc are decent enough though and the kids hat & scarf sets are a great idea, must have at least 4 of them at home!

Keith_M
01-03-2012, 02:54 PM
As we're on the subject, I have a complaint about the 1860 München club shop.

I wanted this (http://www.tsv1860-shop.de/websale7/Lady-T-Shirt-I-love.htm?Ctx={ver%2f7%2fver}{st%2f3eb%2fst}{cmd%2f 0%2fcmd}{m%2fwebsale%2fm}{s%2ftsv1860%2fs}{l%2fDeu tsch%2fl}{mi%2f33-2702%2fmi}{pi%2f179-3810%2fpi}{po%2f1%2fpo}{fc%2fx%2ffc}{p1%2fcd44888a 20676c0d2a4fcabbc1afa933%2fp1}{md5%2f2358ec967799c a506219afafbc58c28f%2fmd5}) T-Shirt for the missus but they wouldn't change the '0' to a '9' :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
good point mate. always come out the shop bit disappointed. never any unusual or New stuff. It's all very predictable, as are the replica shirt sales. The sales guys at Hibs should travel around and go see what other big clubs offer their fans. Every good high st shop has a re-jig now and then and comes up with new ideas and stock.....Go see Hibs!
Least Toffs have come up trumps for us!

Hibernia Na Eir
01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
As we're on the subject, I have a complaint about the 1860 München club shop.

I wanted this (http://www.tsv1860-shop.de/websale7/Lady-T-Shirt-I-love.htm?Ctx={ver%2f7%2fver}{st%2f3eb%2fst}{cmd%2f 0%2fcmd}{m%2fwebsale%2fm}{s%2ftsv1860%2fs}{l%2fDeu tsch%2fl}{mi%2f33-2702%2fmi}{pi%2f179-3810%2fpi}{po%2f1%2fpo}{fc%2fx%2ffc}{p1%2fcd44888a 20676c0d2a4fcabbc1afa933%2fp1}{md5%2f2358ec967799c a506219afafbc58c28f%2fmd5}) T-Shirt for the missus but they wouldn't change the '0' to a '9' :wink:

naughty, naughty ;)

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I haven't been in the store for ages. Is this why the online store is also so bare? I thought it might just be because we're coming towards the end of the season. I could do with a new beanie hat actually. Is there at least a good selection of the basics, such as hats and scarves in the shop just now?

LancashireHibby
01-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I haven't been in the store for ages. Is this why the online store is also so bare? I thought it might just be because we're coming towards the end of the season. I could do with a new beanie hat actually. Is there at least a good selection of the basics, such as hats and scarves in the shop just now?

Wasn't great in all honesty a few weeks ago, I think a lot of stock has gone given the amount of 3 for 2's etc that they've been having.

edinburghhibee
01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I mind when I was younger getting the Hibs mountain bike for christmas, was around the same time they had the HiFi shaped as a green and white coca cola can. Used to chain the bike up at the bottom of my stair at Easter Road woke up one morning and somehad stolen it!!!!

monktonharp
02-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Having said that, they should be binning the 'fashion' stuff and concentrating on the core stuff for supporters.sorry to disagree but the fashion stuff was good a few years ago and I bought/sent stuff to my son and his family down Wales. I will be in the shop soon,as I'm heading down South soon,hope to get something for his kids,maybe I should not bother?:confused:

monktonharp
02-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I mind when I was younger getting the Hibs mountain bike for christmas, was around the same time they had the HiFi shaped as a green and white coca cola can. Used to chain the bike up at the bottom of my stair at Easter Road woke up one morning and somehad stolen it!!!!I bet it was an Australian.

pacorosssco
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I bet it was an Australian.

I bet it was too.

Shop has been poor. Im terrible with birthdays but when Im home try to get mates kids presents from the clubshop as I look on it as putting money in the Hibs pot while giving the wee ones a connect to Hibs and a treat. Was in just after Christmas and really strugled to find presents . Worst its been in a long time in £5-£20 pound range for gifts. Theres only so many mugs and keyrings you can give folk

fatbloke
03-03-2012, 02:26 AM

Sadly it is the worst club shop in the UK. I also recieved a green hooded jacket for my birthday last year cost £39.99. My mate has been in the clothing trade for years also a Hibby and said he could buy better quality for about £8 and sell it for £15. Examined jacket and pointed out what he would term poor bits of finishing - actually 23 bits in total. his view Hibs fans are being ripped a new one being charged £39.99 for the jacket and he would stand by his comments anywhere with anyone. A second opinion of a clothing company rep in his warehouse agreed totally and he was a Forfar fan, however the hood is nice and cosy in the cold.:greengrin

brianmc
03-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Sadly it is the worst club shop in the UK. I also recieved a green hooded jacket for my birthday last year cost £39.99. My mate has been in the clothing trade for years also a Hibby and said he could buy better quality for about £8 and sell it for £15. Examined jacket and pointed out what he would term poor bits of finishing - actually 23 bits in total. his view Hibs fans are being ripped a new one being charged £39.99 for the jacket and he would stand by his comments anywhere with anyone. A second opinion of a clothing company rep in his warehouse agreed totally and he was a Forfar fan, however the hood is nice and cosy in the cold.:greengrin

I suffered a similar quality v cost problem in New York as my wife was buying our 12yr old daughter a sweatshirt in Abercrombie and Fitch-I was trying to point out that it was a cheap($185), shoddy bit of kit mass produced in a sweat shop in south east Asia..... My wife told me(and I paraphrase) **** off ,it's all about the badge that's on it that makes her want to wear it, not the quality!

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM

How do you know that?

Tell your mate to increase his mark up, it's far too low!

fatbloke
03-03-2012, 03:58 PM
How do you know that?

Tell your mate to increase his mark up, it's far too low!

Massive online research for a foster kid's college course. Re mark up he is a cheapskate like me:greengrin