PDA

View Full Version : Your Hibs P.O.T.Y So Far

hfc rd
28-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Apologies if already posted. As it says on the title. Who is your hibs player of the year so far? For me it is either Osbourne or Stevenson. I simply can't seperate these two. Both players have been fantastic in the midfield for us this season and it will not suprise me if both are wanted by other clubs in the summer.

Wotherspiniesta
28-02-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd pick Ozzy. Stevenson would be a close second, but I think Ozzy has a bit more class and composure to his game that I like.

Sparky (gestures aside) has been good for us aswell.

Tricla
28-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Lewis for me.

sparkiedelpaco7
28-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Apologies if already posted. As it says on the title. Who is your hibs player of the year so far? For me it is either Osbourne or Stevenson. I simply can't seperate these two. Both players have been fantastic in the midfield for us this season and it will not suprise me if both are wanted by other clubs in the summer.

If East Stirling want Lewis that bad then they can have him

Lewis Stevenson is a trully god awful player and is one of the main reasons that we are at the bottom of the league.

He panics on the ball before giving it away which on many occasions had led directly to goals.

He cannot pass 10 yards, has no vision and is a liability.

He should be the first player shown the door in the summer.

hfc rd
28-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Lewis Stevenson is a trully god awful player and is one of the main reasons that we are at the bottom of the league.

He panics on the ball before giving it away which on many occasions had led directly to goals.

???

Have you been to a hibs game in recent weeks? Most ridiculous comment made. He has been a revelation under PF. Thank God you ain't the manager as you don't seem to have a clue!

Wotherspiniesta
28-02-2012, 10:34 PM

Utter nonsense.

TornadoHibby

Why don't you crawl back to SickBag and spout your nonsense over there?!

There may well be 'people' over there who want to read that kind of poorly thought out crap!

GordonHFC

WTF:grr:

Jonnyboy
28-02-2012, 10:36 PM

Sheer unadulterated pish

FranckSuzy
28-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Sheer unadulterated pish

FFS, stop sitting on the fence :rolleyes: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-02-2012, 10:38 PM
FFS, stop sitting on the fence :rolleyes: :greengrin

:faf:

That post was so bad I almost kicked his guide dog in frustration :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Wee Lewis for me.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2012, 10:42 PM

Just like clockwork - wind em up let em go ;)
Rumbled?

leither17
28-02-2012, 10:43 PM
East Stirling's number 11 for me :wink: wee lewis

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Do you play the bagpipes and own a golden labrador by any chance? Oh and Lewis for POTY

Saorsa
28-02-2012, 10:52 PM

He should be the first player shown the door in the summer.What a steamin' pile of http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/turd4.gif

sundo1875
28-02-2012, 11:00 PM

So you are the one East Stirling Fan

HibbyAndy
28-02-2012, 11:03 PM

What a complete fuddish thing to say.:bitchy:

SunshineOnLeith
28-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Stevenson by a mile.

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2012, 11:57 PM

You sir, are a fool.

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't know how anyone can seriously consider ozzy or stevenson as player of the year. Playing well for two or three games doesn't get you that award. We are 2nd bottom and they have both played.

O'Connor was the stand out up until November. Although his form has dropped he has still put in more stand out performances over the course of the season. Take out his goals from the team and hibs are in real trouble

ElginHibbie
29-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I would say it's between Ozzy and Stevenson.

When Ozzy is playing at his best he is fantastic, but I feel Stevenson has probably been our most consistent performer so far.

matty_f
29-02-2012, 12:46 AM
if east stirling want lewis that bad then they can have him

lewis stevenson is a trully god awful player and is one of the main reasons that we are at the bottom of the league.

fail.

TornadoHibby
29-02-2012, 06:21 AM
I don't know how anyone can seriously consider ozzy or stevenson as player of the year. Playing well for two or three games doesn't get you that award. We are 2nd bottom and they have both played.

O'Connor was the stand out up until November. Although his form has dropped he has still put in more stand out performances over the course of the season. Take out his goals from the team and hibs are in real trouble

Another Yam with a handful of posts surfaces to make a ridiculous and poorly thought out post! :rolleyes:

bingo70
29-02-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm not stevensons biggest fan by any stretch of the imagine but even I think some of the criticism is ott on this thread

That said, I agree with the sentiment, in no way has he been terrific this year, he's had a couple of decent games but no more than that, imo nobody can claim poty up to now as there hasn't been anyone deserving of an award, if things continue to improve I think it looks likely mcpake will earn it if he continues his good form.

Beefster
29-02-2012, 07:42 AM

The midfield's been 'fantastic' this season? Really?

Seveno
29-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Lewis by a country mile.

Sandy
29-02-2012, 08:06 AM

Fud end of.

dangermouse
29-02-2012, 08:28 AM

LYTF

Lewis for me.

Hibs7
29-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Lewis by far.

Elephant Stone
29-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Stevenson.

Teo10
29-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Stevenson or Ozzy for me but I would probably go with Lewis..

Yes, we have been horrendous this year etc and they have played their part but you cannot fault Lewis for effort. Nearly every game he has come off totally knackered because he has given 110%. Even when asked to go out wide, he came out and said he wasnt a fan of it but still gave it his all for the team!

He has been consistently good this year so excluding the results/where the team is Lewis at the moment is my POTY

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Another Yam with a handful of posts surfaces to make a ridiculous and poorly thought out post! :rolleyes:
You seriously believe lewis stevenson has done enough to merit a player of the year award? Have you only started watching hibs this month? Posters on this are so fickle, one win and we have got a player of the year award thread, last week it was -Fenlon deserves criticism and how much time can we give him?? I bet you were one of the fans from last season posting about how great a signing richie towell was!

Hibs7
29-02-2012, 11:34 AM
To the above post YES !!!!!

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 11:47 AM
You seriously believe lewis stevenson has done enough to merit a player of the year award? Have you only started watching hibs this month? Posters on this are so fickle, one win and we have got a player of the year award thread, last week it was -Fenlon deserves criticism and how much time can we give him?? I bet you were one of the fans from last season posting about how great a signing richie towell was!

What utter nonsense, we have had a very poor season, and the one player who's raised his head above the level of crap consistently this season has been Stevenson.

Who would you say has been player of the year so far?:confused:

Frogga
29-02-2012, 11:52 AM
What utter nonsense, we have had a very poor season, and the one player who's raised his head above the level of crap consistently this season has been Stevenson.

Totally agree.

Despite the fact he seems like a quiet guy he's the only one who has shown the courage, drive and will to win in every single game and who never shirks a tackle or hides away in the corner. If the rest of our squad showed the same mental strength as Lewis then we'd never be in the mess we are right now.

hfc rd
29-02-2012, 11:56 AM
The midfield's been 'fantastic' this season? Really?

Read the sentence properly. I said BOTH PLAYERS (Osbourne & Stevenson) have been fantastic in the midfield. I never said the whole midfield.

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 11:57 AM

Stevenson has played very well RECENTLY He has started 19 games this season and only played well in the last 5

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Stevenson has played very well RECENTLY He has started 19 games this season and only played well in the last 5

As i said utter nonsense.

Rivers Cuomo
29-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Stevenson for me, most consistant when he has played and was happy to stand up in be counted in a very poor Hibs team and at least showed some heart at times when no one else did.

Hopefully hes just a late developer ala Paul Hartley and could get even better for us.

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:01 PM
As i said utter nonsense.
How is it not nonsense to give a guy player of the year when he has missed over a third of the games? Have a word blackpool

Rivers Cuomo
29-02-2012, 12:03 PM
How is it not nonsense to give a guy player of the year when he has missed over a third of the games? Have a word blackpool

Well who else would you give it to that has played MORE than him??

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Who has played more, and who has played better. Two easy questions Jimmy?

Spike Mandela
29-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Really can't think of a POTY this year. GOC,s goals were vital early on but has tailed off lately, Lewis puts in bags of effort but can't justify giving POTY to a member of the most outplayed midfield I have ever seen at ER and McPake has certainly improved organisation of defence but has only been here a short time.

Prefer to hope we survive, then forget about this year and handing out any gongs. Bring on next year.

Ps I reserve the right to change my mind if we win the Scottish Cup.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Really can't think of a POTY this year. GOC,s goals were vital early on but has tailed off lately, Lewis puts in bags of effort but can't justify giving POTY to a member of the most outplayed midfield I have ever seen at ER and McPake has certainly improved organisation of defence but has only been here a short time.

Prefer to hope we survive, then forget about this year and handing out any gongs. Bring on next year.

The problem with what you say is, there will be a POTY award this season, whether you like it or not.

Its a legitimate question, albeit in a poor season, hopefully about to get much better.:wink:

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Who has played more, and who has played better. Two easy questions Jimmy?
As I have already said, OConnor has given more stand out performances this season. His form has dipped no doubt about that but he racked up plenty of game winning performances early on that look invaluable as we stand

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:17 PM

At least someone can remember beyond this month!!

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 12:27 PM
As I have already said, OConnor has given more stand out performances this season. His form has dipped no doubt about that but he racked up plenty of game winning performances early on that look invaluable as we stand

And thats all i was looking for. I agree at the start of this season Garry was on fire, but he's been awful since sept. He's scored the odd goal since then, but is clearly overweight and struggles to run, never mind control a ball.

Take him out the side and he's easily replaced, his goals were invaluable at the start, he's not scoring or playing well now.

His contribution was good in the early months, but Lewis has had a good season, he's been consistant, thats why i'd vote for him just now.

Albion Hibs
29-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I think if we are talking about he most improved player then it may be Stevenson. I like him as a player and as a guy, he has won a cup for hibs so straight away becomes an important part of hibs. However his performances have generally come in a losing team, he did nothing either way to change that IMO. Did not play bad and cost us, or play well and win up. Hopefully his improvement continues for the rest of the season, if so I would extend his current deal and fingers crossed he can become even better.

If we are talking about the most important player then realistically has to be O'Connor for me. He cant hold up the ball, and his touch is bad, but he has scored a fair percentage of the teams goals this year and with little to no service at times. Take those goals out and we are not only bottom, but by a distance. Some have commented that he is easily replaced, I would have to question by who.

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:43 PM
And thats all i was looking for. I agree at the start of this season Garry was on fire, but he's been awful since sept. He's scored the odd goal since then, but is clearly overweight and struggles to run, never mind control a ball.

Take him out the side and he's easily replaced, his goals were invaluable at the start, he's not scoring or playing well now.

His contribution was good in the early months, but Lewis has had a good season, he's been consistant, thats why i'd vote for him just now.
He has been consistent this month only! He has also consistently been in and out of the team

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I think if we are talking about he most improved player then it may be Stevenson. I like him as a player and as a guy, he has won a cup for hibs so straight away becomes an important part of hibs. However his performances have generally come in a losing team, he did nothing either way to change that IMO. Did not play bad and cost us, or play well and win up. Hopefully his improvement continues for the rest of the season, if so I would extend his current deal and fingers crossed he can become even better.

If we are talking about the most important player then realistically has to be O'Connor for me. He cant hold up the ball, and his touch is bad, but he has scored a fair percentage of the teams goals this year and with little to no service at times. Take those goals out and we are not only bottom, but by a distance. Some have commented that he is easily replaced, I would have to question by who.
:top marks

Beefster
29-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Read the sentence properly. I said BOTH PLAYERS (Osbourne & Stevenson) have been fantastic in the midfield. I never said the whole midfield.

I read your post. Both players have been mainstays in the centre of our midfield this season. A midfield that has been out-performed in the majority of games, in a team that has lost more than half their games.

There is not a single player whose performances over this season come close to 'fantastic'.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 12:55 PM
He has been consistent this month only! He has also consistently been in and out of the team

Has Garry played more, or has he also been in and out of the team? Hows Garry's form been recently, when was his last good game?
Again, who has played more games, and who has been better?

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Has Garry played more, or has he also been in and out of the team? Hows Garry's form been recently, when was his last good game?
Again, who has played more games, and who has been better?
I've already said his form has dipped and no I dont think he has been consistent but clearly the most important

allezsauzee
29-02-2012, 12:59 PM
O'Connor was easily our best player in the first 2 /3 months of the season, however he has been abysmal recently. Lewis Stevenson has produced consistently decent performances and always puts 100% in. I'd throw Leigh Griffiths into the mix as he's scored a few goals and also puts a shift in every week.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I've already said his form has dipped and no I dont think he has been consistent but clearly the most important

You do understand just what player of the YEAR means? You seem to think Stevenson has only played well over the last month or so, i disagree. In my opinion, he's been the one consistant player we have had over this poor season.

Thats why i'd vote for him if the vote was now, not because of something he did months ago, albeit welcome.

jimmy-adjovi
29-02-2012, 01:09 PM
You do understand just what player of the YEAR means? You seem to think Stevenson has only played well over the last month or so, i disagree. In my opinion, he's been the one consistant player we have had over this poor season.

Thats why i'd vote for him if the vote was now, not because of something he did months ago, albeit welcome.
I think you are describing the player of the month award. It has to come down to biggest contribution. We would be staring at relegation without OConnor We would not miss stevenson like that

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I think you are describing the player of the month award. It has to come down to biggest contribution. We would be staring at relegation without OConnor We would not miss stevenson like that

I'm wasting my time.

KeithTheHibby
29-02-2012, 01:33 PM
GoC was good without being outstanding for the first 10 games of the season, his goals scored in this period was exceptional.

Since then he has been garbage and is currently not in the team. His touch has been woeful, looks like he has put on weight DURING the season which in itself is shocking and looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Lewis has played well since PF took over and has been the most consistent player under Fenlon's reign, end of.

Seveno
29-02-2012, 01:40 PM
GoC was good without being outstanding for the first 10 games of the season, his goals scored in this period was exceptional.

Since then he has been garbage and is currently not in the team. His touch has been woeful, looks like he has put on weight DURING the season which in itself is shocking and looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Lewis has played well since PF took over and has been the most consistent player under Fenlon's reign, end of.

:top marks

TornadoHibby
29-02-2012, 02:58 PM

! :rolleyes:

You must not see Hibs very often otherwise you would realise and appreciate how much of a contribution Lewis Stevenson has made this season. That fact that others have not done so has put the team where it is now! :wink: :agree:

hfc rd
29-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I read your post. Both players have been mainstays in the centre of our midfield this season. A midfield that has been out-performed in the majority of games, in a team that has lost more than half their games.

There is not a single player whose performances over this season come close to 'fantastic'.

True, I agree with you a bit. But if you take Osbourne and Stevenson out of the side then we are in the s******. Thoses two have been put in great or maybe in other folks' minds fantastic peformances. Your point at the bottom says 'There is not a single player whose performances over this season come close to 'fantastic'. Have you seen the peformances of stevenson in recent weeks? If those peformances aren't 'fantastic'', then what is. The guy looks a lot like his old self and looks like he has proper shut up his critics. He tries his f****** hardest wherever he plays and whoever he comes up against. That is the attitude of a winner. Yes the midfield has been poor this season but PF is trying to rectify that. Let's not forget the mess CC left PF with. Anyways who is your hibs p.o.t.y? At the start of the season, I would have gone for gazz but It looks as if it is a straight fight between Ozzy and Lewis.

KeithTheHibby
29-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Here's a question; has Lewis improved as a player or are we watching a poor Hibs midfield compared to previous seasons?

It's open for debate!

Stonewall
29-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Here's a question; has Lewis improved as a player or are we watching a poor Hibs midfield compared to previous seasons?

It's open for debate!

After years of underperforming he's now benefiting from having a manager with faith in his abilities for the first time since Collins.

He is now playing at or near his full potential and has been one of the few to stick his head above the parapit when the going has got tough.

The answer to your question is both.

Jonnyboy
29-02-2012, 11:03 PM
:rolleyes:

You must not see Hibs very often otherwise you would realise and appreciate how much of a contribution Lewis Stevenson has made this season. That fact that others have not done so has put the team where it is now! :wink: :agree:

I reckon he and the OP are the guys at ER who slate Lewis in the warm up. There's none so blind .......

bigwheel
29-02-2012, 11:25 PM

You have clearly no idea what you are talking about.

frazeHFC
29-02-2012, 11:29 PM

You high?

frazeHFC
29-02-2012, 11:31 PM

Once again, yam.

frazeHFC
29-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Just read through the rest of the thread. Thread has been taken over by 2 complete loonies. Have to agree with the points that BlackpoolHibs made, i think Stevenson has been great in almost every game he has played this season. Been a revelation under PF and he has to be one of the first on the team sheet imo.

To the POTY awards, for me Stevenson with Ozzy just behind.

SteveHFC
29-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Griffiths

silverhibee
29-02-2012, 11:49 PM
After years of underperforming he's now benefiting from having a manager with faith in his abilities for the first time since Collins.

He is now playing at or near his full potential and has been one of the few to stick his head above the parapit when the going has got tough.

The answer to your question is both.

So it is okay for LS to underperform for a few years, and he starts playing well in the last six games and folk want to sign him up on a five year contract, but yet Big Gaz goes of the boil for a few months and folk have written him of and has come in for some pretty harsh treatment from folk on here, even Deek in his last few months at the club because he wasn't performing to his best was slated on here, but Lewis under performs for a few years and thats okay with folks.

Nothing against Lewis but hope we have a better midfielder than him next season, yeah he works his socks of for the team, but in my eye's that's all he does, he doesn't create goals and as a midfielder he has only scored one goal in his Hibs career, we need better if we are to improve as a team.imo.

CallumLaidlaw
01-03-2012, 12:15 AM
So it is okay for LS to underperform for a few years, and he starts playing well in the last six games and folk want to sign him up on a five year contract, but yet Big Gaz goes of the boil for a few months and folk have written him of and has come in for some pretty harsh treatment from folk on here, even Deek in his last few months at the club because he wasn't performing to his best was slated on here, but Lewis under performs for a few years and thats okay with folks.

Nothing against Lewis but hope we have a better midfielder than him next season, yeah he works his socks of for the team, but in my eye's that's all he does, he doesn't create goals and as a midfielder he has only scored one goal in his Hibs career, we need better if we are to improve as a team.imo.

That's the difference tho. Lewis has ALWAYS given 100% but looks to have improved his game. Garry has lots of ability but is throwing his career away at the minute. And Derek should be banging goals in in the EPL like fletcher, but is unemployed.

matty_f
01-03-2012, 01:10 AM
That's the difference tho. Lewis has ALWAYS given 100% but looks to have improved his game. Garry has lots of ability but is throwing his career away at the minute. And Derek should be banging goals in in the EPL like fletcher, but is unemployed.

:agree: You can only wonder the heights that Deek and O'Connor could have hit if they'd the work rate and attitude of Stevenson (and similarly if Stevenson had the same natural ability as those two he'd be immense!).

jimmy-adjovi
01-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Just read through the rest of the thread. Thread has been taken over by 2 complete loonies. Have to agree with the points that BlackpoolHibs made, i think Stevenson has been great in almost every game he has played this season. Been a revelation under PF and he has to be one of the first on the team sheet imo.

To the POTY awards, for me Stevenson with Ozzy just behind.

Get back to ur arts and crafts class. You've got a banner to finish off for the hibs kids game on sat

Stonewall
01-03-2012, 06:53 AM

Yes and Lewis certainly came in for a lot of flack when he performed badly (and spent a lot of time out of the team). No different wth Deeks and Gary. Don't agree with the nature of the criticism myself but that seems to be the way it is in football.

Lewis is now playing to the best of his ability and most folk recognise he desrves credit for this. If he's cut a little bit more slack than the others it's because he has far less natural ability, always busts a gut for the cause and appears to conduct himself properly off the park.

I don't disagree with your last paragraph.

bingo70
01-03-2012, 06:59 AM

Spot on, doesn't offer the defence protection, doesn't create and doesn't score, In such a poor season I'm not against the idea of giving poty to the person who's tried hardest but there's some revisionism (is that even a word? Dinnae care. I'm using it) going on about what Lewis has offered us this season.

Can't recall many threads after games singling him out for praise, in fact all season its been that nobody has been good enough and Lewis certainly never escaped that criticism throughout the season.

Difficult decision for fenlon as Lewis has put in terrific effort since pf has come in but it wouldn't surprise me if he looks at what Lewis actually offers and decides we need better for next season.

I'm definately not a yam by the way seeing as that seems to be the attitude towards anyone that criticizes Stevenson

frazeHFC
01-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Get back to ur arts and crafts class. You've got a banner to finish off for the hibs kids game on sat

:hilarious

Not surprised a yam mentions kids in a post.....:duck:

bingo70
01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
:hilarious

Not surprised a yam mentions kids in a post.....:duck:

You might end up being right but having a look through his post history there's nothing to suggest he's a yam so are you suggesting if you don't rate Stevenson and don't think he's been that good this season you must be a jambo?

frazeHFC
01-03-2012, 09:26 AM
You might end up being right but having a look through his post history there's nothing to suggest he's a yam so are you suggesting if you don't rate Stevenson and don't think he's been that good this season you must be a jambo?

Nah not cos of this, it was after a previous discussion.

Spike Mandela
01-03-2012, 11:11 AM

The .net Inquisition has begun. They have decreed that Lewis MUST be player of the year otherwise you will be cast out or burnt at the stake. Resistance is futile!

bingo70
01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
The .net Inquisition has begun. They have decreed that Lewis MUST be player of the year otherwise you will be cast out or burnt at the stake. Resistance is futile!

What about the Ballon d'or? Will we let someone else win that?

Hibs7
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
What a load of bollocks is being spouted, doesn't help in defence, doesn't help attacks, have you people been watching Hibs recently, Lewis is involved in both on a regular basis in all the games since PF started him in the team, before that he was struggling to get a game because of a numpty CC.
He may not have the classy skills we would all like but every team needs someone like him, and he is improving.
As I said before, release him and every other team in the SPL apart from the OF would be fighting for his signature.

bingo70
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
What a load of bollocks is being spouted, doesn't help in defence, doesn't help attacks, have you people been watching Hibs recently, Lewis is involved in both on a regular basis in all the games since PF started him in the team, before that he was struggling to get a game because of a numpty CC.
He may not have the classy skills we would all like but every team needs someone like him, and he is improving.
As I said before, release him and every other team in the SPL apart from the OF would be fighting for his signature.

Hope so because I certainly wouldn't worry about hibs coming up against him.

Fwiw though, I don't think he'd get his game for anyone other than maybe us dunfermline, calley thistle and st mirren

Beefster
01-03-2012, 11:46 AM

He was struggling to get a game under Hughes too. This is starting to sound like the 'Riordan' argument about it's always the manager's fault when he's pish. As hard-working as he is, if Stevenson is the level of player that we're aspiring to, we're not going to get much better any time soon.

What players in the likes of Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Hearts and St Johnstone's midfield would he be keeping out of the team seeing as they are all fighting for his signature?

hfc rd
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I just have a feeling that if we were to get rid off him. He will come back and haunt us and wish that we never got rid of him. A bit like a Paul Hartley situation. Stevenson is only in his early 20s and has the potential under a good manager to get better.

bingo70
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM

What is he doing to help in attack? He's obviously not scored and i can't think of any assists? We've conceded loads of goals this season and we've been crying out for a good defensive midfielder all season to protect the defence so i think i must have been watching a different hibs to you this season if you think he's done that job well.

What i really don't get though is that Stevensons undoubted biggest asset is his energy so why can't he transfer that energy to make bursts into the box to create chances for himself the way good box to box midfielders do?

Hibs7
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I can think of a few times in the last 2 games where he went on a run or had a shot at goal, maybe worth watching him.next time you go.

bingo70
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I can think of a few times in the last 2 games where he went on a run or had a shot at goal, maybe worth watching him.next time you go.

so no assists or goals all season then?

for a midfielder you're so determined to get poty thats not good enough IMO, yes he's done a job recently and i don't have a problem with him getting poty on the basis he's had the best attitude and put in more effort than most but you're making him out to be better than he is. IMO he's a poor player making the very most of what he's got but ultimately isn't good enough and won't go on to play at any better level than hibs.

Hibs7
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Opinions are like ar**holes they should never be aired in public.
We all see different things even at the same match, I have my views you have yours and never the twain shall meet. Nuf said.
Ps. I bet there are a lot of very good midfielders who don't score goals.