PDA

View Full Version : Calum Antell interview

At The Edge
28-02-2012, 06:30 PM
This link (http://theawayend.net/articles/interviews/1035-hibs-and-east-stirlingshires-calum-antell-having-a-ball) was posted up on another site, so i thought i'd stick it up here so more folk could read it.
Sounds like hes doing well and enjoying his football

tamig
28-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Excellent article. He comes across as a very grounded young guy. Would be good for us if a young keeper could come through the ranks to the first team. Szczesny has done well at Arsenal after a few loan spells in the lower leagues. Not comparing the two but would be nice to see Callum continue to progress and make the breakthrough in the next year or two.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Excellent article. He comes across as a very grounded young guy. Would be good for us if a young keeper could come through the ranks to the first team. Szczesny has done well at Arsenal after a few loan spells in the lower leagues. Not comparing the two but would be nice to see Callum continue to progress and make the breakthrough in the next year or two.

How many young keepers have we been through since Chris Reid? So sad he brokehis ankle just as he seemed to be coming on to a game after so long waiting

BEEJ
28-02-2012, 10:46 PM
This link (http://theawayend.net/articles/interviews/1035-hibs-and-east-stirlingshires-calum-antell-having-a-ball) was posted up on another site, so i thought i'd stick it up here so more folk could read it.
Sounds like hes doing well and enjoying his football
Thanks for posting that. :aok: He does come across well in that interview.

Key parts of the article:

His form at the club has pleased everyone, with Antell being odds on favourite to scoop The Supporters Player of the Year award at the end of the season.

Chairman Tony Ford said: "Calum has played well since coming to the club on loan and it's clear for all to see that he has a very bright future ahead in the game. The club are very proud of the fact that we have been able to give him the platform to take his development onto the next level.

"The manager has a lot of faith in him and he has never let him down, no matter how tough things have been this season. In fact more times than not, Calum has come off the park to the highest of praise by East Stirlingshire and the opposition".

And:

Hibs have been monitoring Callum’s progress this season with Scott Thompson attending all The Shire’s games and passing positive reports back to current Manager Pat Fenlon.

With only four months left on his contract at Hibs he is hopeful that he has shown enough to be offered another deal with the club. Nobody knows for sure what the future holds for Antell but it’s sure to be a bright one after a season that Calum will never forget.

“I would just like to thank everyone at East Stirlingshire who have supported me through out this year, especially the fans as they have been brilliant to me and made me feel so welcome and one of their own.

Allant1981
28-02-2012, 10:50 PM
How could thomson attend all his games when he does a warm up with stack every week?

3pm
29-02-2012, 06:19 AM
How could thomson attend all his games when he does a warm up with stack every week?

Their games start at 3 on a Saturday! :0)