PDA

View Full Version : Inverness KO time been moved

SteveHFC
28-02-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120228/changed-kick-off-for-ict_2262950_2627361

The KO time has been moved to 3pm. FFS.

My train going back down is at 3.30 FFS :grr::grr:

Saorsa
28-02-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120228/changed-kick-off-for-ict_2262950_2627361

My train going back down is at 3.30 FFS :grr::grr:Would have been better at that time in the 1st place :agree:

Bloody joke though, stupid KO time in the 1st place, then they **** it about efter folk have made their travel arrangements.

SPL, where the fans come last. :agree:

Hibs3-2
28-02-2012, 03:45 PM

or has it :wink: look at the date of the game!

allezsauzee
28-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Aye who do these TV companies think they are.... pumping money into football and expecting co-operation in return...hrrmph

monktonharp
28-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Aye who do these TV companies think they are.... pumping money into football and expecting co-operation in return...hrrmphwell, some might think........there's co-operation, then there's just plain auld lying down.

Saorsa
28-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Aye who do these TV companies think they are.... pumping money into football and expecting co-operation in return...hrrmphAye very good! They'd already ****ed it about then they **** it about again efter folk make their travel arrangements. The OF get most of the TV money and everybody else gets a bag of buns but it's mainly other clubs fixtures and fans that get ****ed about. Personally I'd tell them what tae dae with their money tae get back tae 3pm Saturday KO times.

SteveHFC
28-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Aye very good! They'd already ****ed it about then they **** it about again efter folk make their travel arrangements. The OF get most of the TV money and everybody else gets a bag of buns but it's mainly other clubs fixtures and fans that get ****ed about. Personally I'd tell them what tae dae with their money tae get back tae 3pm Saturday KO times.

This :agree:

Golden Bear
28-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I see the home match v Motherwell is scheduled for Sunday 8th April with a 12:30 kick off.

I presume live TV coverage will be the reason?

SteveHFC
28-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I see the home match v Motherwell is scheduled for Sunday 8th April with a 12:30 kick off.

I presume live TV coverage will be the reason?

:agree:

Why can't the Inverness and Motherwell games be played on the saturday at 3pm :rolleyes:

Saorsa
28-02-2012, 04:31 PM

I presume live TV coverage will be the reason?SPL site has it listed as being on ESPN

wearethehibs
28-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Thank **** a booked the 18:30 train home. But this is a ******g joke. Change kick off to a sunday at 12. Then wait a month and change it again. Tv is ruining football for the paying customers.

millarco
28-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm assuming the time change is because the Celtc game has now been moved to the Sunday that weekend, presumably on the assumption that they'll win the league/pick up the trophy that weekend. Even though it now suits me better, it's ridiculous that fans are being messed about like that. We may be worse off financially if the TV money disappears, but we may be able to get back to a state where satisfying the fans that come through the gate is the main focus, and that would be a better state of affairs IMO.

The Sea-gull
28-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Think millarco has hit the nail on the head in terms of the reason for this but why do we have to speculate? Why has nobody from the spl, hibs or espn given us the reason as well as advising of the time change. And if it is because of the Celtic game then why cant it be the one at 3 if our game was schedule first?

sahib
28-02-2012, 05:49 PM
.....pumping money into football and expecting co-operation in return...hrrmph

All out of the goodness of their hearts? What wonderful ***** they are.

SteveHFC
28-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Booked the megabus for going back down after the game. It was £20 for 4 adults :thumbsup:

OtterHibee
28-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm assuming the time change is because the Celtc game has now been moved to the Sunday that weekend, presumably on the assumption that they'll win the league/pick up the trophy that weekend. Even though it now suits me better, it's ridiculous that fans are being messed about like that. We may be worse off financially if the TV money disappears, but we may be able to get back to a state where satisfying the fans that come through the gate is the main focus, and that would be a better state of affairs IMO.

This pretty much sums it up.

The change of kick off time means I can now get up from Aviemore in time for the KO, but whoever set the original time of noon on a Sunday - in Inverness - should be answering more than a few questions. Likewise whoever has decided to change it again weeks later. Don't agree with Sunday 12pm-ish kick off times regardless of location, but to ask us to somehow travel to the Highlands, when for those relying on public transport a journey by bus/train is impossible before 12, shows nothing but blatant disregard for travelling supporters.

Case of common sense (of sorts) prevailing at last but the decision to make it a 12noon KO in the first place should never have been made.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2012, 07:19 PM

:top marks:top marks

Later kick off time is better for majority of us, but the lack of thought shown to the paying public is atrocious.

frazeHFC
28-02-2012, 11:13 PM

You could catch the first 10 minutes then nip in a taxi to the station. :dunno: :greengrin

Thank **** a booked the 18:30 train home. But this is a ******g joke. Change kick off to a sunday at 12. Then wait a month and change it again. Tv is ruining football for the paying customers.

It's bad enough they chose a stupid time in the first place, but to change it after is ridiculous, especially as people will have booked stuff overnight etc.