PDA

View Full Version : Email to the board (yes another!)

muzzhfc
28-02-2012, 01:27 PM
just sent a wee email to the board asking their opinion on a couple of matters . . .

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering what the board views were on the current plight of Rangers
FC. While I understand that the board would never come out and say something
along the lines of “its their own fault, let them rot” etc, I was wondering what
the boards view is if Rangers FC went into liquidation. Would the board consult
the Hibernian Faithful if another team emerged from the ashes and wanted
automatic entry into the SPL, would the board deny it outright or would the
board accept it and say “yes, welcome back”?

Also, what is the boards position on a potential league restructure?
Increase? Decrease? Consult the fans and go with the fans decision. Surely as
Hibernian are “our” club (Hibs belong to the fans as much as the owner(s)) the
board should listen to us and decide to act upon based on a majority vote? 99%
of the fans want an increased league (from peoples opinions that I have listened
to) and believe that the SPL “money men” (I am not aiming this at the board of
Hibernian so please do not think it is!) are against it as they believe a
reduction in games, Old Firm games (if Rangers are still around, in one guise or
another) etc would result in a loss of revenue.

On a more happy note, I would like to congratulate the Board of Hibernian
FC with their appointment of Pat Fenlon and their backing of him in the January
transfer window.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Mikey
28-02-2012, 01:31 PM
These are questions that were asked in the Q&A. The more e-mails they get like this the longer it'll take them to turn around the Q&A :wink:

Hibbyradge
28-02-2012, 01:32 PM
just sent a wee email to the board asking their opinion on a couple of matters . . .

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering what the board views were on the current plight of Rangers
FC. While I understand that the board would never come out and say something
along the lines of “its their own fault, let them rot” etc, I was wondering what
the boards view is if Rangers FC went into liquidation. Would the board consult
the Hibernian Faithful if another team emerged from the ashes and wanted
automatic entry into the SPL, would the board deny it outright or would the
board accept it and say “yes, welcome back”?

Also, what is the boards position on a potential league restructure?
Increase? Decrease? Consult the fans and go with the fans decision. Surely as
of the fans want an increased league (from peoples opinions that I have listened
reduction in games, Old Firm games (if Rangers are still around, in one guise or

On a more happy note, I would like to congratulate the Board of Hibernian
FC with their appointment of Pat Fenlon and their backing of him in the January
transfer window.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,

"99% of the fans want a bigger league (from the opinions that I have listened to)."

Quantative research and analysis at it's finest. :greengrin

JE89
28-02-2012, 01:45 PM
The 99% percent of fans bit is as accurate as saying 103% of fans if you ask me.

Sylar
28-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Realistically, what do you expect the board to say?

The club are a business and at the end of the day, it's a loss of potential custom and income twice a season - whilst, granted, the draw of the OF is no longer a guaranteed sell-out, they still bring a sizable support to ER by comparison of other clubs and I very much doubt the board will revel in seeing this potential stream disappear. In addition, the club will also be bracing themselves for the potential loss of Sky revenue if Rangers go out of the game - more loss to the club coffers.

I'm aware the above points sound like the soundbites Rangers fans have regurgitated far and wide since the news broke, but these are very real prospects which most clubs in the SPL will be preparing for.

It would be interesting to hear the board's thoughts on restructuring should Rangers disappear (which I'm far from convinced will happen) from the league. The perhaps unspoken reason why there has never been change, is that the notion of expansion would both see further division of potential sponsor/league/SKY monies, as well as loss of 4 potential fixtures against the OF, which is crucial to the financial security of particularly the smaller clubs. Be interesting to see if this opinion changes with the potential loss of one of those 2 reasons.

muzzhfc
28-02-2012, 02:23 PM
These are questions that were asked in the Q&A. The more e-mails they get like this the longer it'll take them to turn around the Q&A :wink:

doh my bad. how long have the board had the Q&A though?

MSK
28-02-2012, 05:33 PM
doh my bad. how long have the board had the Q&A though?After Rangers went into administration..

IWasThere2016
28-02-2012, 06:09 PM

The club are a business and at the end of the day, it's a loss of potential custom and income twice a season - whilst, granted, the draw of the OF is no longer a guaranteed sell-out, they still bring a sizable support to ER by comparison of other clubs and I very much doubt the board will revel in seeing this potential stream disappear. In addition, the club will also be bracing themselves for the potential loss of Sky revenue if Rangers go out of the game - more loss to the club coffers.

I'm aware the above points sound like the soundbites Rangers fans have regurgitated far and wide since the news broke, but these are very real prospects which most clubs in the SPL will be preparing for.

It would be interesting to hear the board's thoughts on restructuring should Rangers disappear (which I'm far from convinced will happen) from the league. The perhaps unspoken reason why there has never been change, is that the notion of expansion would both see further division of potential sponsor/league/SKY monies, as well as loss of 4 potential fixtures against the OF, which is crucial to the financial security of particularly the smaller clubs. Be interesting to see if this opinion changes with the potential loss of one of those 2 reasons.

Wishful thinking .. GTTF! The greater competition and opportunity for success should be the driver. Our game is dying with/because of them. Time for change!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Did the board (RP) not effectively nail their colours to the mast when the proposal for change was for a 10 team league ?

HFC 0-7
28-02-2012, 06:48 PM

IMO, the old firm coming to easter road doesnt make that much more money to be honest, not as much as it used to. there was only 12K at the Celtic match, only about 2K more than our average gate. The board have told us before that TV money isnt the big earner anymore its the fans coming through the gates. A more competative league for honours or european places would add to the gate and probably fill the income gap should rangers dissapear for a few seasons.

Tommy Hibs
28-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure the board would have received many similar e-mails, look forward to seeing the reply if you post it.

Beefster
28-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't pay much heed to what the Hibs support thinks. 67% of them actually think that 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' was funny (of the three I asked).

SloopJB
28-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Surely as

Hibernian belongs to the owners, we have the privilege of supporting the team.
I would assume you consider the supporters of other teams as owners of their respective clubs? The Rangers situation maybe puts a different slant on that argument, the owners bear a responsibility that supporters don't.
Just think it's a cheesy thing to say.

IWasThere2016
28-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Did the board (RP) not effectively nail their colours to the mast when the proposal for change was for a 10 team league ?

Indeed - majority of fans don't/didn't want it .. But our Board weren't listening .. Unlike some others!

Keith_M
29-02-2012, 07:24 AM
The important thing to remember is that 87.5% of all statistics are just made up.

With that in mind, the only statistics you should ever trust are the ones you made up yourself.

:greengrin

Sergy Pie
29-02-2012, 07:29 AM
The important thing to remember is that 87.5% of all statistics are just made up.

:greengrin

8 people out of 10 know that.

dangermouse
29-02-2012, 07:53 AM

8.75 out of 10 surely :wink:

spike220
29-02-2012, 08:00 AM

but of the 8/10 but only 34.56% say they wouldn't change their mind if asked again, I think this changes the complexion of your argument quite signifacntly:cb

Hibbyradge
29-02-2012, 09:53 AM
but of the 8/10 but only 34.56% say they wouldn't change their mind if asked again, I think this changes the complexion of your argument quite signifacntly:cb

Out of the proportion of the 34.56% that I asked, only 58% said they would definitely commit to this in writing. That speaks volumes. Volumes. :agree: