PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren on Saturday

CallumLaidlaw
27-02-2012, 11:10 PM
So, moving on to Saturdays game, we have a real chance to move clear of Dunfermline.
Can we actually follow up on a decent performance for once?

St Mirren have Dougie Imrie & Paul McGowan suspended. They also have injuries to Marc mcausland and Darren Mcgregor. They do have Stephen Thompson back from suspension tho.

It looking like we'll have a fairly full strength team, with Claros, Soares and O Donovan even more match sharp.

Let's hope we can get behind the team on Saturday, and see a 2nd win in 2 games!! :flag:

BEEJ
28-02-2012, 12:07 AM
:hmmm: When was the last time we won an SPL match by more than two goals? *

(* It's early in the week. As Saturday draws near such outrageous suggestions will have been replaced by a less than confident prediction that we might just manage a score draw. :greengrin)

monktonharp
28-02-2012, 02:29 AM

(* It's early in the week. As Saturday draws near such outrageous suggestions will have been replaced by a less than confident prediction that we might just manage a score draw. :greengrin)Ithink we already had a post last week, on the lines of.........when was the last time we won a game by more than one goal or summit?wisnae you ,surely?:greengrin. a one nil win would suffice mate,enough of this draw stuff at home already!

BEEJ
28-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Ithink we already had a post last week, on the lines of.........when was the last time we won a game by more than one goal or summit? wisnae you ,surely?:greengrin. a one nil win would suffice mate,enough of this draw stuff at home already!
Not guilty, M'lud!

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2012, 08:59 AM

(* It's early in the week. As Saturday draws near such outrageous suggestions will have been replaced by a less than confident prediction that we might just manage a score draw. :greengrin)

The last 3-0 at Ibrox!

:eek:

CallumLaidlaw
28-02-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd rather we were going into the last ten minutes at least 2 goals up. My nerves can't take these tense final moments when we're a goal to the good.

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2012, 09:55 AM
4-0 Hibs, hibees bounce, best day at ER for a long time.

:cb

IanM
28-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Before Saturday's game it was 38 SPL matches since we last won a game by more than 1 goal.. it was that poor they even mentioned it in Saturday's Racing Post!!

jon paul jones
28-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Before Saturday's game it was 38 SPL matches since we last won a game by more than 1 goal.. it was that poor they even mentioned it in Saturday's Racing Post!!

technically the length of a league season...YOWSER! We are overdue a score draw Im afraid but I'll be singing black and blue to get us to 90 minutes ahead

Chuck Rhoades
28-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I will go for 3-0 Hibs. An early goal to settle us and 2-0 by half time. Second half, all guns blazing, three stands getting behind the team and a wonder goal by Claros in the 89th minute.

Hopefully...

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2012, 09:01 PM
We are overdue to give a team a real tanking. We came close at the weekend as we could have had six. Settle for one nil, but I have a sneaky for four or five against St Mirren.

hibsbollah
28-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Five goals should be the aim. Its some we had some fun:flag:

KingFranck
28-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Hoping for some sort of Hibs win regardless how it's achieved to round of a great day. My U9s team play their first 7s game followed by my son walking out on the ER turf as one of the mascots.
Come on Hibs make my boys day the best he's had since his very first match 5-1 v Killie CIS Final !

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2012, 09:55 PM
1-0 or 5-0, it's all good. Right now I'm just looking for the points to guarantee safety. A win on Saturday (assuming Pars don't also win) would give us a huge advantage. This type of home game is exactly that which should be targetted to see us safe. It's a big opportunity.

hfc rd
28-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Looking forward to the midfield tussle between Claros and Goodwin. I think whoever wins the midfield, will win this match. St Mirren don't look as good as what they were at the start of the season. 1-0 or 5-0, it doesn't matter. Any hibs win will do me as well as hearing dunfermline getting beat by Motherwell.

monktonharp
28-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to the midfield tussle between Claros and Goodwin. I think whoever wins the midfield, will win this match. St Mirren don't look as good as what they were at the start of the season. 1-0 or 5-0, it doesn't matter. Any hibs win will do me as well as hearing dunfermline getting beat by Motherwell.:agree: add to that, no more injuries for the buddies, we want them to put up a good show the next weekend:wink:

Hibercelona
28-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Can't believe some people are coming out with 5-0. :crazy:

8-0 :wink: Got to be optimistic eh :cb

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I was rather bullish last week, accurately predicting the score at Rugby Park, arguing that Kilmarnock would be brushed aside by a resurgent Hibernian, and pouring scorn on all the naysayers.

This week, I'm opting to pursue the less glamourous path of caution, predicting a tough-fought 2-1 win for Hibs. My reasoning is that the game is at Easter Road, and we've had a mental block about playing well and without fear or restraint here for some time. I believe it'll take a while for that psychological chord to fray, and I think we need a few scrappy, hard-fought wins at the Beautiful Stadium The Jambos Envy (BSJE) before we really start turning over teams with abandon.

The fans can certainly help, by going into the game with a similar attitude they do when traveling. This would go a long way to eliminating the tentative 'fear factor' I believe we've developed playing at the BSJE. Yes, I know there will always be those who go along simply to moan, and many of us feel it's now a right, having been served up with such bad fare for so long. But I really think this has become strong positive factor for the opposition. They go out knowing that if they can score, the crowd will fall silent, or worse, get on the backs of the home team. PF seems to have brought in more emotionally robust types than we've been used to, let's hope they can inspire the kind of guts and steel a Hibs team needs to play against a hostile home crowd at the BSJE and get a decent result.

ekhibee
28-02-2012, 10:41 PM
So, moving on to Saturdays game, we have a real chance to move clear of Dunfermline.

St Mirren have Dougie Imrie & Paul McGowan suspended. They also have injuries to Marc mcausland and Darren Mcgregor. They do have Stephen Thompson back from suspension tho.

It looking like we'll have a fairly full strength team, with Claros, Soares and O Donovan even more match sharp.

Let's hope we can get behind the team on Saturday, and see a 2nd win in 2 games!! :flag:

Which Stephen Thompson, they got 2.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I was rather bullish last week, accurately predicting the score at Rugby Park, arguing that Kilmarnock would be brushed aside by a resurgent Hibernian, and pouring scorn on all the naysayers.

This week, I'm opting to pursue the less glamourous path of caution, predicting a tough-fought 2-1 win for Hibs. My reasoning is that the game is at Easter Road, and we've had a mental block about playing well and without fear or restraint here for some time. I believe it'll take a while for that psychological chord to fray, and I think we need a few scrappy, hard-fought wins at the Beautiful Stadium The Jambos Envy (BSJE) before we really start turning over teams with abandon.

The fans can certainly help, by going into the game with a similar attitude they do when traveling. This would go a long way to eliminating the tentative 'fear factor' I believe we've developed playing at the BSJE. Yes, I know there will always be those who go along simply to moan, and many of us feel it's now a right, having been served up with such bad fare for so long. But I really think this has become strong positive factor for the opposition. They go out knowing that if they can score, the crowd will fall silent, or worse, get on the backs of the home team. PF seems to have brought in more emotionally robust types than we've been used to, let's hope they can inspire the kind of guts and steel a Hibs team needs to play against a hostile home crowd at the BSJE and get a decent result.

:agree::top marks

hfc rd
28-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Which Stephen Thompson, they got 2.

The striker.

jamieross
29-02-2012, 02:19 AM
This will be the first game i've been to this season. Cant wait. Il go for for a 3-1 hibs win. GGTTH:flag:

JimBHibees
29-02-2012, 09:37 AM
A major incentive should be that if we beat Saints on Saturday we are then only 5 points behind them in the table and also much closer to ICT who we play soon also.

NOLA
29-02-2012, 02:19 PM
this is a must win game for me, must follow up last weekends great result with another 1.

erin go bragh
29-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Really looking forward to the game on saturday , any win will do , but fancy another 3 / 1 .
ggtth

1875_hibs
01-03-2012, 01:10 AM

Racing post is gash! Whatever they tip then back against it!!

EuanH78
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Hoping for some sort of Hibs win regardless how it's achieved to round of a great day. My U9s team play their first 7s game followed by my son walking out on the ER turf as one of the mascots.
Come on Hibs make my boys day the best he's had since his very first match 5-1 v Killie CIS Final !

That was close to child cruelty mate, letting him think it would always be that good :bitchy:

Not my first game but I remember my dad consoling me after we got horsed by aberdeen in the league cup final when I was 7. Set me up for life as a Hibby it did :wink:

Back to the OP, would like a win only, dont care how it comes about.

silverhibee
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Any injuries or suspensions for tomorrow. :aok:

aljo7-0
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Well my back's playing up a bit so the steps up to my seat could pose a problem. I'll take a fitness test in the morning and possibly get an injection but suspect I'll make it.

But then again you probably meant the team :wink: :greengrin

At The Edge
02-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Danny Grainger is still out for us according to the BBC:greengrin

Murray, Galbraith, Booth out, Soares and Stack borderline.

silverhibee
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17163106

At The Edge
02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
:greengrin i see they've corrected their mistake with Grainger.

Stevo1875
02-03-2012, 05:55 PM
i have a 'good feeling' about this one... my 'good feelings' have been polished up real good, turned sideways and shoved straight back up my sorry ass so many times now that surely, SURELY this will be the one, a win at the Leith San Siro, a glorious victory that I will make me want to watch sportcene for the first time since I was 12 and even make Monday morning as painless as rangers being thrown out of the league!!!! GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

Jonnyboy
02-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd settle for something along these lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxyrG3DzCA0

pacorosssco
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Hopefully HIbs can build on last week and give the paying supporters a well earned home win. This gives the players a chance to try and build a better end to the season. It should hopefully under our new manager be beneficial to see players try to engineer new contracts to be kept on. It could also bring other teams into equation ensuring a worthwhile split.

Spike Mandela
02-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Ithink we already had a post last week, on the lines of.........when was the last time we won a game by more than one goal or summit?wisnae you ,surely?:greengrin. a one nil win would suffice mate,enough of this draw stuff at home already!

That wis me!!!!!!!!!!!!!So with that in mind when was the last time we won a game by 5 goals?:devil:

Bishop Hibee
02-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Hibs by the odd goal after a struggle!

Pedantic_Hibee
02-03-2012, 11:30 PM
As long as I've got full custody of the Match Updates thread we'll be fine. I started last week's one and I'm feeling lucky.

Hibernia&Alba
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm confident, which isn't a feeling I've enjoyed often this season. We're only a couple of wins from safety, and I think we'll get one tomorrow.

essexhibee
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Mon the hibees. Make my weekend.

silverhibee
03-03-2012, 12:10 AM
As long as I've got full custody of the Match Updates thread we'll be fine. I started last week's one and I'm feeling lucky.

Take it you never got an early wake up call this morning... :greengrin

SteveHFC
03-03-2012, 12:16 AM

I will be playing :greengrin

brianmc
03-03-2012, 02:12 AM
I've got a bit of a stiff neck but I'll be fine-thanks for asking!

CalgaryHibs
03-03-2012, 06:39 AM

----
Agree with what you said Hibs 2-1 winners
Mon the HIBEES!!
----