View Full Version : NHC Slovenia vs Scotland - Pubs to watch the game?

27-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone know any bars round Easter Road / Leith Walk that are showing the game on Wednesday night?

Don't think its on Sky/ESPN/Beeb or ITV but instead its on Prime......

Cheers in advance.

27-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Just pay the £5 to watch it :wink:

27-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Just pay the £5 to watch it :wink:A fiver tae watch a Harry Potter game? Nae chance.

27-02-2012, 03:21 PM
So a Scotland friendly game is PPV, dear oh dear. That will be that then.

27-02-2012, 03:35 PM
This game will be available for free should you have half a brain.:wink:

27-02-2012, 03:39 PM
This game will be available for free should you have half a brain.:wink:Wouldnae watch it any way, last game I watched or will watch while that tool is in charge of the team was 4-6-0

27-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Wouldnae watch it any way, last game I watched or will watch while that tool is in charge of the team was 4-6-0

Wisnae that bad a game, and 3 teams for a change. As usual we scored the 0. :wink:

27-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Seemed to be quite a bad game from where I was sitting behind the goals!

28-02-2012, 03:10 PM
No suggestions for where to watch the match? :confused:

pentlando
28-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Me and a couple of my mates are thinking of heading to the three sisters for it, weather permitting could be nice to watch it outdoors!! He reckons they're showing it and he's usually right.

soupy
28-02-2012, 04:20 PM
The globe on niddry st are showing it definitely, not quite leith tho :-)

just_joe
28-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but I find it really annoying with this match being PPV. how many channels do we have to pay for to actually get to watch the football? I have already subscribed to SKY Sports , ESPN then ofcourse we have the BBC who normally show Scotland games. 4.99 is an insult and I hope this is not the future for having to watch alot of football matches.

28-02-2012, 04:55 PM
This game will be available for free should you have half a brain.:wink:

What do you call a bloke with a 3cm xxxx ?

28-02-2012, 05:28 PM
No suggestions for where to watch the match? :confused:

Disclaimer: Before reading on, please note I am not necessarily recommending this place, and I don't know if the game is definitely on :greengrin

The 'Salsa Bar' in the Grassmarket have shown games on Al-Jazeera type channels when I've been in before.

No idea if it's on or not though.

28-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Disclaimer: Before reading on, please note I am not necessarily recommending this place, and I don't know if the game is definitely on :greengrin

The 'Salsa Bar' in the Grassmarket have shown games on Al-Jazeera type channels when I've been in before.

No idea if it's on or not though.

Aah Bar Salsa in the Grassmarket.

I was getting wrecked every weekend in there when i was 15.

Absolute dive but popped in the other week and the prices don't seem to have gone up in 10 years. £4.20 for 2 pints!

28-02-2012, 06:49 PM
A fiver tae watch a Harry Potter game? Nae chance.

Too right. Absolutely ludicrous.

28-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Scotland team for tomorrow:

McGregor
Martin
Caldwell
Berra
Mulgrew
McArthur
Adam
Morrison
Mackie
Forrest
Mackail-Smith

28-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I just read on the TAMB that the channel doesn't have a licence for non residential properties, so, unless its going to be on some obscure foreign channel could be a struggle to find it.

29-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but I find it really annoying with this match being PPV. how many channels do we have to pay for to actually get to watch the football? I have already subscribed to SKY Sports , ESPN then ofcourse we have the BBC who normally show Scotland games. 4.99 is an insult and I hope this is not the future for having to watch alot of football matches.
Agree, it really is extracting the urine. Like going into a restaurant and having to order everything on the menu to ensure you get the meal you want.

29-02-2012, 08:43 AM
didn't realize tonight was a PPV game (never even knew about this channel on sky), they can shove it. Even if it was a qualifier, they could shove it.

U21s against the Dutch is on sky sports, then over to ITV for England game for me.

29-02-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm certainly not going out of my way to pay £5 to watch it.

Would this be a decision made by the Scottish FA?

29-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Wouldn't open the curtains if they were playing in the back green never pay a fiver.

29-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm certainly not going out of my way to pay £5 to watch it.

Would this be a decision made by the Scottish FA?

Sure if BBC/ESPN/SS wanted to show it they could've. I'd imagine this Primetime PPV channel was the only broadcaster to come forward.

England on ITV1 will do me.

29-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Sure if BBC/ESPN/SS wanted to show it they could've. I'd imagine this Primetime PPV channel was the only broadcaster to come forward.

England on ITV1 will do me.

Why would none of the above show it, when all other home nations games are being covered AND our U21 game is being shown?

Makes no sense...

Doesn't matter anyway - first game of the baseball Spring Training gets underway at 6pm tonight :thumbsup:

29-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't open the curtains if they were playing in the back green never pay a fiver.

I would go even further and close the curtains rather than watch it.

29-02-2012, 10:01 AM
So a Scotland friendly game is PPV, dear oh dear. That will be that then.

:agree: They are having a frickin laugh!

29-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I would go even further and close the curtains rather than watch it.

Why bother even reading the thread? Pretty obvious what it was going to be about.

29-02-2012, 10:12 AM

You did however manage to open the thread and even took time to comment. Why bother?

29-02-2012, 10:17 AM
You did however manage to open the thread and even took time to comment. Why bother?

Yeah your right, why bother spending thirty seconds telling everyone I wouldn't bother wasting 90 minutes.

Why did you bother about me not bothering?

29-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah your right, why bother spending thirty seconds telling everyone I wouldn't bother wasting 90 minutes.

Why did you bother about me not bothering?

But you did bother. Anyway I can not be bothered bothering if you're bothered or not.

P.S. Don't bother answering.

29-02-2012, 10:45 AM
But you did bother. Anyway I can not be bothered bothering if you're bothered or not.

P.S. Don't bother answering.

Hmmf, bothered.:wink:

29-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Hmmf, bothered.:wink:

Knew you were really :wink:

29-02-2012, 11:10 AM
As i said before, its on at all the usual places should you know how to turn on a computer. Thats assuming any of you can be bothered? :wink:

29-02-2012, 11:14 AM
As i said before, its on at all the usual places should you know how to turn on a computer. Thats assuming any of you can be bothered? :wink:

Actually, turning my laptop on to watch Scotland, probably is a bit too much of an effort.

Will be watching the U21's though, they played really well in Holland in the last game against them and hope to see another good performance.

Rhodes I reckon could be a big star; but Levien will ruin his international career.

29-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Actually, turning my laptop on to watch Scotland, probably is a bit too much of an effort.

Will be watching the U21's though, they played really well in Holland in the last game against them and hope to see another good performance.

Rhodes I reckon could be a big star; but Levien will ruin his international career.

I have a small tower (oo er missus) attached at the side of my TV. Its no problem watching any game thats broadcast on the interweb.

Even though i despise that scruffy tosser, and some of the games have made my eyes bleed, i will tune in. I'm Scottish its what i do.

29-02-2012, 02:36 PM
The reason it's getting shown on PPV tonight is that apparently Primetime outbid BBC to show the game.

29-02-2012, 03:21 PM

Me too!

29-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Primetime streams are good. :greengrin