PDA

View Full Version : USA V Scotland May 26th Jacksonville Florida

KiddA
27-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Is anyone part of the traveling club for Scotland fans? I work for a local football club here in Jacksonville and we are trying to work out how many Scotland fans will travel from Scotland to the game? If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. I hope we can get 10000 to 15000 but I may be well of the mark with that number.

Thanks in advance

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Is anyone part of the traveling club for Scotland fans? I work for a local football club here in Jacksonville and we are trying to work out how many Scotland fans will travel from Scotland to the game? If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. I hope we can get 10000 to 15000 but I may be well of the mark with that number.

Thanks in advance

Think you may be. I just had an email from the SFA, who, on the basis of a survey of members, are booking 1000 tickets.

KiddA
27-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Think you may be. I just had an email from the SFA, who, on the basis of a survey of members, are booking 1000 tickets.

Only 1000 seems very low I do realize its only a friendly though. I think we will pull Scots from all over the States there is a big number of Scots down south Florida in Orlando and Tampa.

Thanks for the info mate

Bristolhibby
27-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Remember the 1000 number is just from Scotland Supporters Club members (ie official Away allocation).

Highly likley that the US based Scots will not be in the Supporters Club, therefore won't be included in the official away allocation.

I would imagine many will buy tickets in te USA.

J

brog
27-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Remember the 1000 number is just from Scotland Supporters Club members (ie official Away allocation).

Highly likley that the US based Scots will not be in the Supporters Club, therefore won't be included in the official away allocation.

I would imagine many will buy tickets in te USA.

J

Yep, my Sis, living in Jacksonville already bought 5 in USA. I think 5-10,000 will be the minimum support for Scotland.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Be lucky to get 1500 in my opinion.10000+ is way off, a two hour flight from Scotland to Prague only pulled 3500+.

Frazerbob
27-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Be lucky to get 1500 in my opinion.10000+ is way off, a two hour flight from Scotland to Prague only pulled 3500+.

:agree:

Was very suprised to read the e-mail from the SSC today. There is no way IMO 1000 will travel from Scotland. Of my crowd of around 15 regular travellers there are only 3 or 4 going. Only a few hundred went to Japan with similar costs involved. Obviously there will be ex-pats to boost the numbers but not that many.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Not a massive fan of the national side (particularly at the moment under Levein) but this would be a fantastic trip.

Florida at the end of May = :thumbsup:

:agree:

LamontHFC©
27-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm up in New York at the moment, planning staying out here to play during the summer, possibly in Florida. So if that works out, hopefully could make the game!

Would love to stick in these American's pipes. Would get a good bit of ammo with a Scotland win :greengrin

:saltireflag

Nakedmanoncrack
27-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Yes, got that too.
Very much doubt as many as half of those who expressed an interest will go.