PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow David Innes the Hibee for your comment in todays DR!

SkintHibby
27-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Nice one mate. Comment of the day too! :thumbsup:

stokesmessiah
27-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Care to elaborate?

essexhibee
27-02-2012, 11:06 AM
What was it?

Hibs Class
27-02-2012, 11:30 AM
"I'm a Hibs fan and I don't think it would be a bad thing if Rangers went into liquidation because it would get rid of the bigotry in Scotland and hospitals up and down the country would be a lot quieter without old firm games."

Sylar
27-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the author of the "comment" 10 years old?

Gatecrasher
27-02-2012, 11:35 AM

That's exactly what i thought. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Regardless of age - he is astute :wink: :greengrin Get them oot! :agree:

Mikey
27-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Get them oot! :agree:

It was the Daily Record, not the Sunday Sport :rolleyes:

Andy74
27-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Regardless of age - he is astute :wink: :greengrin Get them oot! :agree:

You are wanting a ten year old boy to get what out exactly? :shocked:

sleeping giant
27-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Punctuation not up to your standards ?

Sylar
27-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Punctuation not up to your standards ?

Nothing at all like that.

basehibby
27-02-2012, 01:54 PM
"I'm a Hibs fan and I don't think it would be a bad thing if Rangers went into liquidation because it would get rid of the bigotry in Scotland and hospitals up and down the country would be a lot quieter without old firm games."

:agree: :top marks to the guy - 10 years old or whatever - for expressing a VERY widespread opinion which has been TOTALLY ignored by media and political pundits in their efforts to fall over each other trying to kiss Rangers fans' erses and curry approval with them.

By rights we should all be calling these hotlines etc in an effort to compensate for the ridiculous amount of column inches dedicated to why the taxpayer should suposedly fish this bigot-pandering cheating organisation out of the barrel of sheight they find themselves in which is entirely of their own creation.

Sylar
27-02-2012, 01:58 PM
:agree: :top marks to the guy - 10 years old or whatever - for expressing a VERY widespread opinion which has been TOTALLY ignored by media and political pundits in their efforts to fall over each other trying to kiss Rangers fans' erses and curry approval with them.

By rights we should all be calling these hotlines etc in an effort to compensate for the ridiculous amount of column inches dedicated to why the taxpayer should suposedly fish this bigot-pandering cheating organisation out of the barrel of sheight they find themselves in which is entirely of their own creation.

No complaints or arguments that a large number of opposition fans want to see them go to the sword and that the media aren't expressing this view in any way shape or form.

However, to suggest that getting rid of Rangers would both eradicate bigotry and reduce the number of hospital admissions is hugely simplistic and quite frankly, pie in the sky.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2012, 02:06 PM
No complaints or arguments that a large number of opposition fans want to see them go to the sword and that the media aren't expressing this view in any way shape or form.

However, to suggest that getting rid of Rangers would both eradicate bigotry and reduce the number of hospital admissions is hugely simplistic and quite frankly, pie in the sky.

One step at a time.

jdships
27-02-2012, 02:10 PM

Totally agree ! Rangers ( and Celtic for that matter) are simply " vehicles" which further allow these people to practice bigotry.
The problem starts at mother/father's knee and is inbuilt over the years and involves the respective religious hierachy

:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
27-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Nice one mate. Comment of the day too! :thumbsup:

Did it say where he was from?

Bristolhibby
27-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes but to remove a focal point for bigotry would be a good step though.

Church Schools also to go please. Lump everyone together and ban any religious teachings.

It will soon die out. It's not as if anyone goes to church anymore anayway.

J

Benny Brazil
27-02-2012, 03:08 PM

Ian Bell sums it up quite well in the Herald yesterday.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/columnists/to-their-supporters-the-old-firm-matter-deeply-but-why-should-the-rest-of-us-care.16842317

harpo
27-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Church Schools also to go please. Lump everyone together and ban any religious teachings.

J

I take it you didn't go too a 'church school' as you clearly have not got a clue what your talking about.

Doesn't seem to be any bother with faith schools in England, only in bigoted Scotland.

Andy74
27-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I take it you didn't go too a 'church school' as you clearly have not got a clue what your talking about.

Doesn't seem to be any bother with faith schools in England, only in bigoted Scotland.

Exactly. Not the problem.

--------
27-02-2012, 03:59 PM

J

Really? I must have been hallucinating yesterday morning, then. Seemed to be quite a lot of people in my kirk.

The depth of your analytical powers amazes me. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2012, 04:06 PM

J

Since when did the Old Firm have anything to do with religion?

johnrebus
27-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Are you trying to say that it wouldn't help?

Forget about football for a moment, the world would be a better place without them.

:pray:

basehibby
27-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Ian Bell sums it up quite well in the Herald yesterday.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/columnists/to-their-supporters-the-old-firm-matter-deeply-but-why-should-the-rest-of-us-care.16842317

Blimey - well spotted! First newspaper output I've seen which happilly states the widely held point of view that Rangers/the OF/all their sectarian baggage can G right TF.

I for one can see a number of positive repurcussions arising from the scenario whereby they go bust and have to start again with election to Div 3 just like any other team would be required to do in the same circumstances. And yes of course I am fully aware there would be negative repurcussions - these have been widely reported while the positives have been almost completely ignored.

Bristolhibby
27-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Went to a CofE school down here in Bath.

I just have a problem with religion in schools. It was never rammed down my throat but there was always hymns and the Church had a perminant seat on the school board of governors.

Just my opinion like.

If kids dig religion then it should be up to them to persue it when they feel ready.

Would love Rangers to disappear. We would all be fine without them. Sure we would have to cut our cloth, but it would force Scottish clubs to develop kids, neve a bad thing.

J

Hibrandenburg
27-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Getting rid of Rangers would not get rid of bigotry but it would certainly get rid of one of its main focus points and thus reduce its effect. As for the effect on hospitals, the Police in Scotland have constantly said that acts of violence take a dramatic upturn when the old firm play, especially the domestic variety. To claim that the demise of Rangers would have no knock-on effect on bigotry or violence is pie in the sky IMO.

ancient hibee
27-02-2012, 06:56 PM

Strangely enough other than the numptie supporters I haven't read anyone suggesting the taxpayer should come to the rescue.

Mac
27-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Strangely enough other than the numptie supporters I haven't read anyone suggesting the taxpayer should come to the rescue.

Is the tax payer not already bailing them out to the tune of £80m

ancient hibee
27-02-2012, 07:03 PM

No and even if we were I haven't seen anyone thinking it's a good idea.No matter how much they actually owe it's the fines that almost double the amount.

CropleyWasGod
27-02-2012, 07:06 PM

When was this decided? :confused:

ancient hibee
27-02-2012, 07:09 PM
When was this decided? :confused:

It'll be a FACT by now.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Expecting a well argued treatise on the sectarian roots of Scottish football, or the violent impact of it on our society, might have been a wee bit of an ambitious ask in response to a one-line question from a Daily Record journalist. Thought it was job well done in the circumstances, and if there is infantilism at play, it comes from the Daily Record and their readers, not the Hibs fan who responded.

hibsbollah
27-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Church Schools also to go please.
J

Are you Yoda? and why do you want us to go to church schools?

down-the-slope
27-02-2012, 11:49 PM

J

:rolleyes: funny as world wide the Christian church is growing faster than at any time in history

Really? I must have been hallucinating yesterday morning, then. Seemed to be quite a lot of people in my kirk.

The depth of your analytical powers amazes me. :wink:

Maybe your age is a factor :greengrin

frazeHFC
28-02-2012, 12:02 AM

J

What an odd thing to say. :dunno:

DAVE1875
28-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Was greatly confused when I seen the thread title :rolleyes: Sat there thinking "I don't remember making any comments in the Daily Record..?"

IWasThere2016
28-02-2012, 07:29 AM
You are wanting a ten year old boy to get what out exactly? :shocked:

You're warped :greengrin

One step at a time.

Correct. The blue half of the Old Filth going is not going to increase bigotry or hospital admissions is it. Get them tae ******! :agree:

Sandy
28-02-2012, 08:26 AM

J
Frankly I find that really offensive, I just was at my Mum's funeral the other week and she was very religious and also a lovely person, want to discuss any further, PM me I will be more than happy to meet up.

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Frankly I find that really offensive, I just was at my Mum's funeral the other week and she was very religious and also a lovely person, want to discuss any further, PM me I will be more than happy to meet up.

Sorry for your loss, but surely you're not offended by one's person opinion on an internet forum?

sleeping giant
28-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Nothing at all like that.

Well , i'll just shut ma face then :embarrass