PDA

View Full Version : Crabbies Shirt Sponsor

hibees4life89
26-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Bought a hibs top a few weeks ago and only just wore it the other day. After its first wash I noticed the crabbies sponsor is all cracked and dosent look like it will last another few washes before it starts to come off.

Anyone had any experiences of this?

I would much prefer is ths sponsor was imprinnted in the shirt. Can only recal that happening with the yellow and black carlsberg one. So much easier.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-02-2012, 07:34 AM
perhaps a 30 degree wash might be wiser....

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Can't comment on the current top, but I always wash football shirts inside-out and the sponsors seem to survive fine.

MB62
27-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Bought a hibs top a few weeks ago and only just wore it the other day. After its first wash I noticed the crabbies sponsor is all cracked and dosent look like it will last another few washes before it starts to come off.

Anyone had any experiences of this?

I would much prefer is ths sponsor was imprinnted in the shirt. Can only recal that happening with the yellow and black carlsberg one. So much easier.

My mate had a similar experience and it has put him off buying anything else from the shop with the sponsors name on it.

cocopops1875
27-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Not had any issues with this seasons shirts at all take it back as it could be a faulty one

Bristolhibby
27-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Can't comment on the current top, but I always wash football shirts inside-out and the sponsors seem to survive fine.

This.

Only one I ever had a problem with was the away kit the first season with Tony Mowbray. The Whyte & Makay shield one. IIRC the second batch were made with a tougher shield print material. So my away one is buggered and the home one is pristine.

J

Jones28
27-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Always wash stuff with prints on low temperatures, advice my maw gave me :wink:

Works though

.Sean.
27-02-2012, 12:00 PM
The Whyte and Mackay ones were bad for peeling off.

essexhibee
27-02-2012, 12:09 PM
My whyte and mackay top (06/07) has survived many washes very well. :greengrin

jdships
27-02-2012, 03:15 PM

And at a low temperature :agree: