PDA

View Full Version : Away Games

Onion
26-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Just an observation... but IMHO this Hibs team appears to enjoy playing away games much more than at ER. Without question, the Hibs fans who attend away games are more positive and supportive - and the players respond to that. Yesterday was as good an example as any.

We will have turned the corner when the ER crowds starts to support this team in much the same way, and then perhaps it will become the fortress it once was. I'm fed up with teams coming to ER thinking they can dominate matches and expect results - under Fenlon I think we have a real chance of changing that - maybe with this team. Need to start with this Sat:

All of us v that guy in the St M midfield who would't sign for us (and I can't be bothered remembering his name), Claros - go fetch !

Let'sgetintaethem, Hibs.

frazeHFC
26-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I much prefer away games these days, i don't seem to see any of the idiots i see always moaning at ER.

scoopyboy
26-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Just an observation... but IMHO this Hibs team appears to enjoy playing away games much more than at ER. Without question, the Hibs fans who attend away games are more positive and supportive - and the players respond to that. Yesterday was as good an example as any.

We will have turned the corner when the ER crowds starts to support this team in much the same way, and then perhaps it will become the fortress it once was. I'm fed up with teams coming to ER thinking they can dominate matches and expect results - under Fenlon I think we have a real chance of changing that - maybe with this team. Need to start with this Sat:

All of us v that guy in the St M midfield who would't sign for us (and I can't be bothered remembering his name), Claros - go fetch !

Let'sgetintaethem, Hibs.

I think Isaah Osbourne is a prime example of this.

IMO all his best games for us have been away from home.

frazeHFC
26-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I think Isaah Osbourne is a prime example of this.

IMO all his best games for us have been away from home.

:agree:

Definately, he has been amazing for us at the away games i have been at.

Billy Whizz
26-02-2012, 07:22 PM
4 away wins in the League and 1 at home all season says it all

Saorsa
26-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Think I'll stop going tae Easter Road then and leave it for the positive supportive fans who travel :rolleyes:

greenlex
26-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Think I'll stop going tae Easter Road then and leave it for the positive supportive fans who travel :rolleyes:Everyone could all go to Easter Road via Dundee or somewhere and kid on its an away trip. That might do it. :agree:Or what if we all bought tickets for the South Stand?:dunno:

Saorsa
26-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Everyone could all go to Easter Road via Dundee or somewhere and kid on its an away trip. That might do it. :agree:That's no really the sort of reply I was looking for :greengrin

Bit quiet on here the night, was trying a bit of http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/fish10.gif

oh well :grr:

greenlex
26-02-2012, 07:34 PM
That's no really the sort of reply I was looking for :greengrin

Bit quiet on here the night, was trying a bit of http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/fish10.gif

oh well :grr:
Everyone is chilled after a win J.
Nae bites. :greengrin

Saorsa
26-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Everyone is chilled after a win J.
Nae bites. :greengrinhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/mad0265.gif

BS44
26-02-2012, 08:13 PM

Let'sgetintaethem, Hibs.

I'm not buying that our away support is more positive than the home support. Yesterday was different, Hibs played well and for the first time this season we had the game won long before full time. If Hibs can do that at home and win games by a few goals then
of course the fans will back the team. Didn't think there was anything positive about some Hibs fans when we went 4-2 behind on
Wednesday, Tannadice going behind 3-1, St.Mirren after they scored two in a couple of minutes, or Cowdenbeath after 15 seconds.

Hainan Hibs
26-02-2012, 08:37 PM
It's the same for most teams I would imagine.

If Hibs are able to play the way they did against Killie ER will be right behind the team once again.

jdships
26-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Think I'll stop going tae Easter Road then and leave it for the positive supportive fans who travel :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::greengrin:wink:

RIP
26-02-2012, 09:08 PM
The home crowds against Killie and Aberdeen were very positive

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 09:27 PM
None of the away supporters must go to ER!

lord bunberry
27-02-2012, 08:18 AM
The away support weren't very positive when griffiths got taken off at fir park

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2012, 09:03 AM
The away support weren't very positive when griffiths got taken off at fir park

:agree: The same thing happened at St Mirren, the away support were very vocal in their disagreement at both substitutions. How is that more positive and supportive?

The Voice Of Reason
27-02-2012, 09:33 AM
:agree: The same thing happened at St Mirren, the away support were very vocal in their disagreement at both substitutions. How is that more positive and supportive?

I agree that a positive home support does help. :agree:

But a more telling factor in our poor (dreadful actually!) home form is that quite simply opposing players now LOVE coming to Easter Rd to play - We have a lovely stadium and a very decent playing surface, so the opposing players are buzzing when they play at Easter Rd.

IMHO.

basehibby
27-02-2012, 10:32 AM

Let'sgetintaethem, Hibs.

This is not an unusual phenomenom for teams down on their luck and low on confidence. You only need to look accross the water at fellow strugglers Dunfermline for another example.

In general, travelling supporters will usually show more enthusiasm and provide more vocal support per head - and so the moaners and groaners will tend to be drowned out and I'm pretty sure this can have a positive effect on a team with fragile confidence levels.

I'm hopeful that the thumping 3-1 win at Killie will boost the team's confidence such that they can give US a boost in the stands with a confident, assertive and winning display at home to St Midden, thus putting the symbiotic fan-team relationship on an upward spiral and helping to make ER a fortress again.

Andy74
27-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I think it has little to do with support and more to do with the way that you get to play away from home.

At home the expectation is to dominate posession and create chances. We have struggled with this team to do that against anyone.

Away from home you can sit in a bit more and break when you can, which is something we've had a little bit more luck doing.

The Voice Of Reason
02-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree that a positive home support does help. :agree:

But a more telling factor in our poor (dreadful actually!) home form is that quite simply opposing players now LOVE coming to Easter Rd to play - We have a lovely stadium and a very decent playing surface, so the opposing players are buzzing when they play at Easter Rd.

IMHO.

I see that Paddy Fenlon agrees with me ! He says :-

"Teams coming to Easter Road, when it was the old stadium, didn't fancy it too much. We need to get it back to that. I think teams enjoy coming to Easter Road now - it's a fabulous stadium, good, big pitch".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17163106

:aok: :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
02-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I see that Paddy Fenlon agrees with me ! He says :-

"Teams coming to Easter Road, when it was the old stadium, didn't fancy it too much. We need to get it back to that. I think teams enjoy coming to Easter Road now - it's a fabulous stadium, good, big pitch".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17163106

:aok: :wink:

Ahem http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?224945-Easter-Road-too-good-for-the-opposition&highlight= :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I think it's true to say that most teams get their most vociferous backing at away games - that's where the hardcore tend to congregate and make an effort to be louder than the home fans. Often they stand and make it a real occasion. It doesn't explain our terrible home form when nearly all teams expericence the said same thing. We need to make ER a more passionate place, more hostile to visiting teams, and full credit to the guys in section 43 who do their bit. If the whole stadium was like that, we could really make ER a tough place to visit.

The Voice Of Reason
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Ahem http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?224945-Easter-Road-too-good-for-the-opposition&highlight= :greengrin

:thumbsup: