PDA

View Full Version : NHC Unlucky & Well Played Cardiff City

hfc rd
26-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Congrats to liverpool but a great peformance from the whole Cardiff team. They fought to the bitter end and very unfortunate to lose out on pens. Very unlucky but very well played to the whole Cardiff team.

ancient hibee
26-02-2012, 06:02 PM
What a miss by Miller in the last couple of minutes of normal time.He looked pretty weary at the end -can't see him doing his normal stint for Scotland.It was great to see Cardiff sticking to their game and not just lumping it in extra time.Hope they get promoted.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I couldnae have cared who won the shoot out, I thought it was a bit harsh for the bbc twat to say lets go and talk to a winning Gerrard 5 seconds after his cousin missed the decisive pen, sport IS about winners I suppose!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I hope The Hammers get promoted along with 2 other teams! :-)

Dinkydoo
26-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Really unlucky for Cardiff, I thought they played brilliantly until the bitter end.

gackohibs
26-02-2012, 06:27 PM
What a great final to watch for the neutral!! Altho i did want liverpool to lose! :wink:

Badabing
26-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I would usually support the underdog but watching Kenny Miller lift silveware; I don't think so.

jdships
26-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Really unlucky for Cardiff, I thought they played brilliantly until the bitter end.

Agree Cardiff went a long way to making it a cracking football match but as for being UNLUCKY - they had plenty of opportunities in the 120 minutes and then missed more penalties than the 'pool .
That's not being unlucky , that's football - score more than your opponents to win
End of :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Just back after a boozy session watching the final......................GET IN YA ****IN DANCER WELL DONE THE POOL............ANOTHER ONE FOR THE BULGING CABINET. My prediction earlier in the season for Liverpool to win more trophies than Citeh is ticking along nicely :greengrin

As for Cardiff, I'm not gonna bother with the well played, unlucky nonsense......................the history books only record the winners LIVERPOOL......................WALK ON..................WALK ON

Dinkydoo
26-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Agree Cardiff went a long way to making it a cracking football match but as for being UNLUCKY - they had plenty of opportunities in the 120 minutes and then missed more penalties than the 'pool .
That's not being unlucky , that's football - score more than your opponents to win
End of :greengrin

Managing to match a 'top' EPL side for 120 minutes only to throw it all away in the penalty shoot out, after failing to capitalise on two missed penalties from Liverpool, that is just plain unlucky IMO :greengrin:

All things considered, it was still a great game though.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Managing to match a 'top' EPL side for 120 minutes only to throw it all away in the penalty shoot out, after failing to capitalise on two missed penalties from Liverpool, that is just plain unlucky IMO :greengrin:

Liverpool are not a top EPL side surely you realise that!

Dinkydoo
26-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Liverpool are not a top EPL side surely you realise that!

Yep, that is why I wrapped 'top' in apostrophes - they are one of the better EPL teams (top half I'd say) but will obviously never be as good as the current top 3 :greengrin

Hibs Class
26-02-2012, 09:24 PM
the history books only record the winners LIVERPOOL......................WALK ON..................WALK ON

I think the history books for this season will record a league cup victory as little more than a footnote compared to the headline of a club disgraced by racism, compounded by an ill-judged response from top to bottom and the season in which "king kenny's" legendary status was irrevocably tarnished.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I think the history books for this season will record a league cup victory as little more than a footnote compared to the headline of a club disgraced by racism, compounded by an ill-judged response from top to bottom and the season in which "king kenny's" legendary status was irrevocably tarnished.

Well you think wrong my friend! What you would like the history books to remember is very different to what actually will be remembered......WALK ON

Since90+2
26-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Watched the game in a pub in Leith where some Liverpool "fans" watched it. Honestly you'd have thought they where celebrating winning the Champions League. Sad to see a once great , proud club like Liverpool reduced to hysteria over winning a League Cup.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Watched the game in a pub in Leith where some Liverpool "fans" watched it. Honestly you'd have thought they where celebrating winning the Champions League. Sad to see a once great , proud club like Liverpool reduced to hysteria over winning a League Cup.

Stop talking pish man with your once great club celebrating rubbish! Think about what you said FFS if you're watching your team in a cup final and they win you don't temper your celebrations depending on the cup. Biggest load of nonsense posted today. If Liverpool had lost you wouldn't have been posting about it only being the League cup would you?

Since90+2
26-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Stop talking pish man with your once great club celebrating rubbish! Think about what you said FFS if you're watching your team in a cup final and they win you don't temper your celebrations depending on the cup. Biggest load of nonsense posted today.

I actually dont mind Liverpool as a club. Dont have an English team at all but would certainly prefer Liverpool to win something over Man Utd or Chelsea. I just thought that for a club the supposed size of Liverpool to celebrate like they did over winning the League cup , which to most big sides in England really means little , was a sad indictation of how they have fallen down the pecking order in recent years.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I actually dont mind Liverpool as a club. Dont have an English team at all but would certainly prefer Liverpool to win something over Man Utd or Chelsea. I just thought that for a club the supposed size of Liverpool to celebrate like they did over winning the League cup , which to most big sides in England really means little , was a sad indictation of how they have fallen down the pecking order in recent years.

More rubbish, it only means little to the teams who haven't reached the final. Once you're there it means the same as any other cup final to the players and the fans!

Since90+2
26-02-2012, 10:02 PM
More rubbish, it only means little to the teams who haven't reached the final. Once you're there it means the same as any other cup final to the players and the fans!

Fair enough.

But if you actually believe that winning the League Cup to teams like Man Utd , Man City and Chelsea who are either competing to win the Premiership or Champions League then I probably suggest I aint the one talking rubbish.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Fair enough.

But if you actually believe that winning the League Cup to teams like Man Utd , Man City and Chelsea who are either competing to win the Premiership or Champions League then I probably suggest I aint the one talking rubbish.

If any of those teams get to the final then they want to win it as much as any other cup final they are involved in. Liverpool were trying to win 3 competitions when the season started.............one has been won..................one is still there for the taking.......................one is totally beyond them, what's not to celebrate??????????????

Since90+2
26-02-2012, 10:10 PM
If any of those teams get to the final then they want to win it as much as any other cup final they are involved in. Liverpool were trying to win 3 competitions when the season started.............one has been won..................one is still there for the taking.......................one is totally beyond them, what's not to celebrate??????????????

Liverpool done well to win it , good luck to them. Like I said I dont mind them as a club and im happy for them and the fans. I just thought the way they celebrated was abit OTT and was an indication that its probably the only trophy they are likely to win these days and maybe just showed just how the club has fallen a wee bit in recent years.

Anyways enjoy your night :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Liverpool done well to win it , good luck to them. Like I said I dont mind them as a club and im happy for them and the fans. I just thought the way they celebrated was abit OTT and was an indication that its probably the only trophy they are likely to win these days and maybe just showed just how the club has fallen a wee bit in recent years.

Anyways enjoy your night :thumbsup:

I just don't get how celebarating a cup final win can be seen as OTT :confused:

I must have been OOTT after the cup win against Killy then :greengrin :thumbsup:

jdships
26-02-2012, 10:17 PM

Still don't see where luck comes into it
Are you really saying it was " bad luck" they missed two penalties which would have possibly won the game ?
Surely it was " human error" " nerves" , " poor technique " but not luck
They scored fewer goals than the 'pool just like Arsenal V Spurs :greengrin

Thoroughly enjoyed the game which was played in a good spirit !!

Since90+2
26-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I just don't get how celebarating a cup final win can be seen as OTT :confused:

I must have been OOTT after the cup win against Killy then :greengrin :thumbsup:

Im sure you werent. But then again Hibs are used to previously winning lots of trophies and being the pinnacle of European football so winning the League Cup to us would not have been seen a second prize :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Congrats to Liverpool on their Reserve Cup win! King Kenny's legend lives on! As a neutral, there seemed to be a lot more interest in the London Derby in Footlights, but, a trophy is undoubtedly a trophy, so, well done!

monktonharp
26-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Congrats to Liverpool on their Reserve Cup win! King Kenny's legend lives on! As a neutral, there seemed to be a lot more interest in the London Derby in Footlights, but, a trophy is undoubtedly a trophy, so, well done!you, like a n other on here, seem to downgrade the fact that Liverpool fc have won one of the three English trophies availible to all league teams south of the border, however if it was a trophy availible to any team in Scotland, and Hibernian fc were to win it, how would you feel? or are you of the mindset that it is some kind o' diddy cup? never mind, Iwont quite accuse you of being a Jambo.:wink: nontheless, I did want the Taffs to win today and i'm deeply dissapointed that they didn't.

Dunbar Hibee
27-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Liverpool - the English Aberdeen :rolleyes:

monktonharp
27-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Liverpool - the English Aberdeen :rolleyes:well, they both play in red Isuppose, but Liverpool have never won the cup winners cup or super cup, have they?:confused:

Dunbar Hibee
27-02-2012, 12:29 AM
well, they both play in red Isuppose, but Liverpool have never won the cup winners cup or super cup, have they?:confused:

No, both teams live in the past, its ****in boring :yawn:

HH81
27-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Congrats to Liverpool on their Reserve Cup win! King Kenny's legend lives on! As a neutral, there seemed to be a lot more interest in the London Derby in Footlights, but, a trophy is undoubtedly a trophy, so, well done!

To be fair if West Ham got to the final, you would be over the moon. You would get your shirt out, buy train ticket, buy match ticket, get to London, get to pub, get drink then sell your ticket.

Then cheer the team on the tv.

Steve20
27-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Spot on.

Liverpool have been a disgrace this season. They deserved nothing.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Spot on.

Liverpool have been a disgrace this season. They deserved nothing.

:faf:

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2012, 07:50 AM
No, both teams live in the past, its ****in boring :yawn:

Just won a cup in the present :na na:

woodythehibee
27-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Throughly deserved from Liverpool. They were drawn away from home in every round and also defeated Chelsea and a full strength man city over two legs. A cup is a cup, the mickey mouse term relates to pure jealousy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-02-2012, 08:25 AM
To be fair if West Ham got to the final, you would be over the moon. You would get your shirt out, buy train ticket, buy match ticket, get to London, get to pub, get drink then sell your ticket.

Then cheer the team on the tv.

Hee hee! Aye you're right, of course I would.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Throughly deserved from Liverpool. They were drawn away from home in every round and also defeated Chelsea and a full strength man city over two legs. A cup is a cup, the mickey mouse term relates to pure jealousy.

Well said that man!

:top marks

Pretty Boy
27-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Some folk on this thread need to get a grip.

If you offered me the Scottish cup or the League Cup at the start of the season I'd choose the Scottish everytime. Would I still celebrate and get pished if we won the League Cup? Of course I would.

I'm no fan of Liverpool and have been hugely critical of their handling of the Suarez affair. However, as with those trying to take away from Ryan Giggs' 900 game acheivement, I fail to see how off field matters should detract from a footballing success.

Cardiff battled well and put in a performance to be proud off. Liverpool won and that's what matters. Their fans are perfectly within their rights to enjoy it.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Some folk on this thread need to get a grip.

If you offered me the Scottish cup or the League Cup at the start of the season I'd choose the Scottish everytime. Would I still celebrate and get pished if we won the League Cup? Of course I would.

I'm no fan of Liverpool and have been hugely critical of their handling of the Suarez affair. However, as with those trying to take away from Ryan Giggs' 900 game acheivement, I fail to see how off field matters should detract from a footballing success.

Cardiff battled well and put in a performance to be proud off. Liverpool won and that's what matters. Their fans are perfectly within their rights to enjoy it.

Pretty much sums it up for me. :agree:

Dinkydoo
27-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Still don't see where luck comes into it
Are you really saying it was " bad luck" they missed two penalties which would have possibly won the game ?
Surely it was " human error" " nerves" , " poor technique " but not luck
They scored fewer goals than the 'pool just like Arsenal V Spurs :greengrin

Thoroughly enjoyed the game which was played in a good spirit !!

It's only a figure of speech, of course "luck" doesn't really exist - it's always a combination of various variables, and some of which you've mentioned are at play here, " human error" " nerves" , " poor technique ".

To play that well over 120 minutes and to lose out on penalties, after having the opportunity to put the game to bed is what I'm describing as "unlucky". :greengrin

--------
27-02-2012, 11:49 AM
It's only a figure of speech, of course "luck" doesn't really exist - it's always a combination of various variables, and some of which you've mentioned are at play here, " human error" " nerves" , " poor technique ".

To play that well over 120 minutes and to lose out on penalties, after having the opportunity to put the game to bed is what I'm describing as "unlucky". :greengrin

Seems to me that relying on Kenny Miller to put away crucial scoring chances isn't bad luck - it's a serious error of judgement. How many times has that guy put the ball past the post or over the bar when he should have scored?

Liverpool were at less than their best for much of the match, IMO. Cardiff played well, and deserved their half-time lead. When Liverpool equalised, I thought they would go on to win fairly comfortably, but credit to Cardiff, this didn't happen.

When Liverpool went ahead in ET, most folks I think would have assumed that that was that, but again, credit to them, Cardiff fought back and took the match to penalties.

Penalty shoot-outs aren't about luck. They're about players keeping their nerve under pressure, and about the simple ability to score from the penalty spot. If your players keep calm and do what they should have practised hundreds of times on the training-ground, you'll win.

Liverpool's players coped with the demands of the shoot-out better than Cardiff's did. Sad for the Cardiff fans and players, but that's it.

I'd have much rather have seen Cardiff win than Liverpool, btw. Just on the Underdog Principle, you understand.

JimBHibees
27-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Seems to me that relying on Kenny Miller to put away crucial scoring chances isn't bad luck - it's a serious error of judgement. How many times has that guy put the ball past the post or over the bar when he should have scored?

Liverpool were at less than their best for much of the match, IMO. Cardiff played well, and deserved their half-time lead. When Liverpool equalised, I thought they would go on to win fairly comfortably, but credit to Cardiff, this didn't happen.

When Liverpool went ahead in ET, most folks I think would have assumed that that was that, but again, credit to them, Cardiff fought back and took the match to penalties.

Penalty shoot-outs aren't about luck. They're about players keeping their nerve under pressure, and about the simple ability to score from the penalty spot. If your players keep calm and do what they should have practised hundreds of times on the training-ground, you'll win.

Liverpool's players coped with the demands of the shoot-out better than Cardiff's did. Sad for the Cardiff fans and players, but that's it.

I'd have much rather have seen Cardiff win than Liverpool, btw. Just on the Underdog Principle, you understand.

Yep agree with all of that. The standard of penalty taking was very poor with Charlie Adams effort being picked up by some planes radar over London. :greengrin

Given Liverpool missed their first 2 penalties Cardiff pretty much blew a great opportunity. Agree about Miller what a chance that was and he again missed a penalty in the shoot out after missing one in the semi final, very poor for someone meant to be a striker at a decent level IMO.

Dinkydoo
27-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Seems to me that relying on Kenny Miller to put away crucial scoring chances isn't bad luck - it's a serious error of judgement. How many times has that guy put the ball past the post or over the bar when he should have scored?.

Totally agree with you there.

Certainly whilst playing for Scotland there doesn't seem to be a chance too easy for Miller to miss. He does run about a lot, but I'd rather a lazy clinical finisher (with a hard working midfield behind him) than a headless chicken any day of the week.

Probably not a good idea either to let Gunnarson (is that his name?) take a penalty after spending the past 15 minutes debilitated with cramp.

Dunbar Hibee
28-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Just won a cup in the present :na na:

:greengrin Fair enough. :wink: