Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

How would you keep for next season?

I would keep Stevenson, McPake, Soares, O'Donovan and Griffiths.:aok:

I'd keep the ones in bold. Would love to see Griffiths and McPake here next season, especially.

madabouthibs
25-02-2012, 11:57 PM
These:

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Stack
Stevenson '
O'Connor - if he can look sharp again

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty - wont happen tho
Soares
O'Donovan - haven't seen enough yet
Griffiths

Northernhibee
26-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Players deals ending this summer:

Stack
Murray (in a player/coach capacity)
Stevenson '

Loans:
McPake
Doherty
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

I don't think we'll be able to keep a hold of McPake, Doherty or Soares - really hope we can lower Wolves demands to keep Sparky, at the time his:giruy: antics were irritating, now I think the bloke is a legend.

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't think we'll be able to keep a hold of McPake, Doherty or Soares - really hope we can lower Wolves demands to keep Sparky, at the time his:giruy: antics were irritating, now I think the bloke is a legend.

Fenlon has said we have options on a few of the loan players. My guess would be McPake and Griffiths, maybe Soares. Doherty is a definite no as wolves fans see him as a possible first teamer

Diclonius
26-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I'd keep both goalies and Stevenson, O'Connor if he gets his act together. Out of the loans McPake and Griffiths defo, can't see us getting/needing any of the others but O'Donovan could do a job and I'd like to see us hold onto Soares and Doherty.

AlbertK86
26-02-2012, 01:34 AM
I'd keep both goalies and Stevenson, O'Connor if he gets his act together. Out of the loans McPake and Griffiths defo, can't see us getting/needing any of the others but O'Donovan could do a job and I'd like to see us hold onto Soares and Doherty.

Get both goalies tae eff.
GOC - undecided
Murray - keep
Would take most of loans to be honest especially Doherty but think he is destined for Wolves 1st team next season. That boy defo has quality

HH81
26-02-2012, 06:20 AM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

If Hibs are to move forward next season I would release all of these:-

Stack - Not good enough
Brown - see above
Murray - Lost it
Stevenson - Done well this season, couldn't get in better hibs team in top 6
O'Connor - too fat. Lose weight, stay out of trouble.... we'll talk.

The loan players have still to prove themselves. Griffiths has improved and if he behaves I think he will stay.

Beefster
26-02-2012, 06:56 AM
I'd release all of our 'permanent' players who are out of contract, except for O'Connor if his problems can be put behind him and he gets down to an acceptable weight.

Of the loanees, I'd definitely try and keep McPake. The rest, except Towell who should never have been taken on loan again this season, would depend on who else is available in the summer.

Radical surgery is required. We have to be ruthless and stop relying on a rump of players who have had us rooted in the bottom six for the past couple of seasons.

Hibs7
26-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Stevenson is starting to play to his potential under a good manager, and yet some people want to get rid of him, that is beyond belief !!!!!
Along with McPake the first 2 I would offer new contracts to if we stay up.

scoopyboy
26-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Stevenson is starting to play to his potential under a good manager, and yet some people want to get rid of him, that is beyond belief !!!!!

Don't particularly want to get involved in another Lewis debate but you may find other opinions beyond belief but posters are still entitled to post them.

To get back to topic I would keep Lewis, Stack (preferably as back up to a no 1) and possibly GOC depending on his situation / attitude. I wouldn't offer Murray and Brown new contracts.

Of the loans, I would push the boat out and try like hell to get McPake and Griffiths. If Claros is looking the part come end of season I may try and get him signed up as opposed to letting his loan end at the turn of the year.

Of the other loans it's a case of wait and see what they do for the rest of their time here, other than that I would rather Towell was returned in January and I don't think we have any chance of keeping Doherty.

007 Mickey Weir
26-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Stevenson 2 yr deal
Murray 1 yr player coach deal
Stack 1yr but sign a first choice goalie
GOC no chance. Wage thief

Griffiths and McPake do whatever it takes
Soares/Docherty/Francomb/Claros/o'Donnonvando what we can but don't break the bank.

007 Mickey Weir
26-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Donnonvando..... Haha iPhone is a funny phone with its predictive text

Hibs7
26-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Scoopy, I agree, but I would put my shirt on it, that if Hibs let Lewis go, every other team bar the OF would be trying to sign him.

AldoHFC
26-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

The ones in bold plus maybe o'donovan as hasn't really got much game time yet.

Reaper
26-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I've been impressed with some of the loan signings so far, but I still think it's a bit early to talk about permanent deals (I remember being impressed with Palsson around this time last year). I think a few are going to be good players for us, McPake, Griffiths and Soares but I think PF will be waiting till the summer until he makes decisions.

As for the out of contract players, I'd honestly let them all go. Not because all are bad players as such but I think a fresh start would suit all parties to be honest and maybe the club should be looking to move into a new era, which lets face it, the likes of Murray and O'Connor are not going to be part of long term.

J-C
26-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Keep Stevenson and of the loans probably Griffiths and McPake as PF said he had options to buy on some of the loans and these two would fall into that category.

Stevo1875
26-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

keep one of the keepers and take a punt on somebody else. toss a coin between them.

Murray is finished and im not interested in young ex player coaches.

keep stevenson

let O'Connor go, another not worth the money ex player that has not made it

McPake looks a good investment - keep!

The rest still to prove their worth, including Griffiths who has let us down too many times in his short time here. Some potential there though.

:flag:

Easter Road X1
26-02-2012, 08:35 AM
He is slow, very over weight and if he can't get his weight down to a correct level by this time in the season, he never will... Yes he has scored a few goals but he has had plenty opertunity earlier in the season. We have a few options up front now and he is no longer an automatic choice. He is also one of the highest paid players at the club and you could probally bankroll 3-4 players of equal ability if we spread his wages around.... Its the high round for me :na na:

Postman
26-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Whats 'beyond belief' about people wanting to get rid of any player who has been part of the worst Hibs in many a year??

I wouldn't keep any of the five whose permanent contracts end this summer although I'm sure we'll keep one of the keepers.

Early days but would be happy to keep all the loanees apart from Towell beyond the end of the season but reckon that is pretty unlikely. I think we may have a better chance of keeping Doherty if Wolves stay up. He'd have a far better chance of breaking into the first division down there if they drop into the Championship

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-02-2012, 09:35 AM
This list kinda suggests that we don't have any in-contract players, that we might be asking to leave.

hfc rd
26-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

Rid

Stack
Brown
Murray
O'Connor
Towell

Keep

Stevenson
McPake
Doherty - unlikely he will be here but we might as well try and give it a go.
Soares
Griffiths

Undecided

Francomb
O'Donovan

Albion Hibs
26-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson
O'Connor
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

I would keep the ones highlighted in bold. I would think the likes of Doherty and Griffiths would be available, whist I could see us getting Griffiths if we wanted him I dont think there is any chance of getting Doherty, the same would apply for Soares. If we could I would, but I cant see guys in and around premiership teams coming up here when they could drop quite confortably into the championship.

I would think Coventry would be happy to let McPake go so subject to how he performs over the remainder of the season I would consider taking him on a perminant basis.

BEEJ
26-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

Also, most of the younger players' contracts are up at the end of the season - Smith, Horner, Taggart, Welsh etc.

This list kinda suggests that we don't have any in-contract players, that we might be asking to leave.
Galbraith and O'Hanlon, perhaps? It's expensive.

For example, releasing those two, each with a year to run on their contracts, is likely to be equivalent to at least one player's salary in the 2012/13 budget.

Squealing pig
26-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Be cheaper hiring a hitman for o'hanlon and Galbraith any one want to start the bidding.

jdships
26-02-2012, 12:40 PM

Stack - Not good enough
Brown - see above
Murray - Lost it

The loan players have still to prove themselves. Griffiths has improved and if he behaves I think he will stay.

:na na:
How do you come to that conclusion :rolleyes:

CRAZYHIBBY
26-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Stevenson deserves a new deal.....getting rid of him could end up like another hartley situation where we got rid of him far too early and he came back to haunt us

greenlex
26-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

Ask me again next Sunday.

silverhibee
26-02-2012, 03:05 PM
He is slow, very over weight and if he can't get his weight down to a correct level by this time in the season, he never will... Yes he has scored a few goals but he has had plenty opertunity earlier in the season. We have a few options up front now and he is no longer an automatic choice. He is also one of the highest paid players at the club and you could probally bankroll 3-4 players of equal ability if we spread his wages around.... Its the high round for me :na na:

How much do you think Hibs are paying GOC that if we get rid, his freed up wage's would bankroll 3-4 players, really :rolleyes:, you also say he has scored a few goals, he is our top goal scorer and if it wasn't for his goals earlier in the season i am sure we would still be bottom of the league right now, yeah he has been off form for a couple of months, but he has been injured in that time and spent a few days attending court case's as well which have resulted in him not training that much and yes it is showing with him looking a bit overweight.

silverhibee
26-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson
O'Connor
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

I would keep the ones highlighted in bold. I would think the likes of Doherty and Griffiths would be available, whist I could see us getting Griffiths if we wanted him I dont think there is any chance of getting Doherty, the same would apply for Soares. If we could I would, but I cant see guys in and around premiership teams coming up here when they could drop quite confortably into the championship.

I would think Coventry would be happy to let McPake go so subject to how he performs over the remainder of the season I would consider taking him on a perminant basis.

Murray will be away in the summer.

Sunny1875
27-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Fenlon has said we have options on a few of the loan players. My guess would be McPake and Griffiths, maybe Soares. Doherty is a definite no as wolves fans see him as a possible first teamer

Interesting idea letting the Fans pick the team !!!

Sunny1875
27-02-2012, 03:27 AM

Stack - Not good enough
Brown - see above
Murray - Lost it

Thanks for clearing that up Mr Fenlon

Sunny1875
27-02-2012, 03:41 AM
I would like to see who can be attracted to Hibs in the summer, Would like some of the current squad to depart,

Would like to see Murray offered a non playing role.

If /when we can secure premier football next year would like to see a commanding centre half on a long term deal,
also a creative and disruptive midfielder two forwards who know where the net is oh and a right back

If my kids asked for all that for their birthday i would probably say no , so not expecting more than half that

The Sea-gull
27-02-2012, 07:12 AM
What I would like to happen:-

Stack/Brown (keep one; probably Stack and get a new keeper in)
Murray (think he has to go. Have really liked him as a Hibs player but don't think he has much to offer, outside chance of staying as a squad player).
Stevenson (keep as a squad player)
O'Connor (I'm undecided; comes into the worth a gamble category)

Loans:
McPake (try to sign; think we'd have a chance of getting him)
Francomb (we may be able to get another loan deal which would be no bad think but no real worry if he doesn't come back)
Doherty (same as Francomb)
Towell (will go back to Celtic where he will be released. Hasn't really done it in his second loan spell after being reasonable this time last year)
Soares (seems like a player but likely to be out of our league and can see Stoke wanting to sell rather than loan again)
O'Donovan (great goal on Saturday but don't know a lot about him. A realistic target if we want him)
Griffiths (Would like us to try and sign him but there will be competition, the nonsense that comes with him is still a worry)

What I think will happen:-

Stack/Brown (Brown will go, Stack will stay)
Murray (he'll probably be released)
Stevenson (will stay, maybe even on a better contract than a one year)
O'Connor (who knows!)

Loans:
McPake (we may well sign him)
Francomb (got a feeling his club may want to loan him to the Championship)
Doherty (same as Francomb unless his club are actually in the Championship then they may want to play him)
Towell (back to Celtic and released, don't think we'll sign him)
Soares (back to Stoke and sold to the Championship)
O'Donovan (we may try to sign him)
Griffiths (we will try to sign him but may miss out due to finance)

Cocaine&Caviar
27-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Johnny Hayes from ICT would be a great free signing

Speedway
27-02-2012, 08:09 AM

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

I'd keep the ones in bold.

GreenPJ
27-02-2012, 08:29 AM
How much do you think Hibs are paying GOC that if we get rid, his freed up wage's would bankroll 3-4 players, really :rolleyes:, you also say he has scored a few goals, he is our top goal scorer and if it wasn't for his goals earlier in the season i am sure we would still be bottom of the league right now, yeah he has been off form for a couple of months, but he has been injured in that time and spent a few days attending court case's as well which have resulted in him not training that much and yes it is showing with him looking a bit overweight.

Would you keep GOC based on the last 3-4 months performances and fitness levels?

IWasThere2016
27-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Johnny Hayes from ICT would be a great free signing

Neil Lennon agrees.

--------
27-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Be cheaper hiring a hitman for o'hanlon and Galbraith any one want to start the bidding.

I know a man in Newarthill ....

.... and a good place to dump the bodies. :devil:

It's funny how a thread about "Who would you want/like to keep?" very quickly becomes a thread about who isn't worth keeping.

Right now we need all those players to give their best to keep us in the SPL and maybe manufacture a wee Cup run. After all, if we get good results in our next three games - St Mirren, Ayr, Hearts - the season will suddenly look a lot rosier than it does right now. If we get past Ayr and get a decent draw in the next round, we have a chance of a semi at Hampden. Then who knows?

Of the list:

Stack
Brown
Murray
Stevenson '
O'Connor

Loans:
McPake
Francomb
Doherty
Towell
Soares
O'Donovan
Griffiths

I would be inclined to offer contracts to Stack, McPake, Stevenson, O'Donovan and Griffiths, and possibly O'Connor (depending on his state and situation in June). I would like to see us hold on to Francomb, Doherty, and Soares, but unfortunately that would appear to be very unlikely. Perhaps we could keep one or two on extended loan deals? Same might go for Claros.

I would replace Brown; Murray I think needs to go elsewhere to start his coaching career; Towell doesn't impress me; and PF needs to clear out some of the dead wood among those whose contracts DON'T end in June. And then bring in replacements. Another first-team goalie, a couple of defenders, a couple of midfielders, and at least one new striker.

And I hope PF manages to get Ozzie to sign an extension - him I would definitely want to keep. Not sure when his contract's up, though.

And I want to see an increased and continuing high priority placed on the needs of the team by Farmer, Petrie, and the board - an end to the feeling that what really matters is the stadium and training ground and balance-sheet rather than the team on the field. I've had that feeling too long now, and I'm NOT convinced that the people concerned have really learned their lesson. Money needs to be available for the development and improvement of the team, or we'll be back here right where we are now, this time twelvemonths.

(How's THAT for a thread hi-jack? :devil: