PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

TornadoHibby
25-02-2012, 07:47 PM
From today's EEN (Hibs boss Pat Fenlon today hailed Lewis Stevenson as the small player with the huge heart, insisting the little midfielder is showing what it takes to win the Easter Road outfit’s battle against relegation.)!

"Hibs boss Pat Fenlon today hailed Lewis Stevenson as the small player with the huge heart, insisting the little midfielder is showing what it takes to win the Easter Road outfit’s battle against relegation."

Well done Lewis from someone who agrees 100% with your manager's assessment of your skills, attitude, energy, determination and will to win already of late and going forward! :agree:

matty_f
25-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Lewis has been a stand out fir a while now. Delighted for him and I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was nowhere near Hibs' standard over the last couple of seasons.

Have totally reconsidered that view and he deserves all the praise he has had recently.

Saorsa
25-02-2012, 07:51 PM
From today's EEN (http://Hibs boss Pat Fenlon today hailed Lewis Stevenson as the small player with the huge heart, insisting the little midfielder is showing what it takes to win the Easter Road outfit’s battle against relegation.)!

"Hibs boss Pat Fenlon today hailed Lewis Stevenson as the small player with the huge heart, insisting the little midfielder is showing what it takes to win the Easter Road outfit’s battle against relegation."

Well done Lewis from someone who agrees 100% with your manager's assessment of your skills, attitude, energy, determination and will to win already of late and going forward! :agree::thumbsup:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibs_boss_hails_lewis_stevenson_s_fighting_spirit_ 1_2138980

Biggie
25-02-2012, 07:51 PM
From today's EEN (Hibs boss Pat Fenlon today hailed Lewis Stevenson as the small player with the huge heart, insisting the little midfielder is showing what it takes to win the Easter Road outfit’s battle against relegation.)!

Well done Lewis from someone who agrees 100% with your manager's assessment of your skills, attitude, energy, determination and will to win already of late and going forward! :agree:
Agree totally, wee Lewis will never be Zidane, but he always gives 100% and puts his foot in...he's having a great season..keep it up lad

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Lewis has been a stand out fir a while now. Delighted for him and I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was nowhere near Hibs' standard over the last couple of seasons.

Have totally reconsidered that view and he deserves all the praise he has had recently.

My thoughts exactly. Hope he's given a new deal.

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Please Oh Lord Above not another Stevenson thread:hnet:

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Fantastic Lewis, the Manager has said it, the thread on player of the season so far on here said it, the MOM's have said it. :thumbsup:

The only people that don't seem to agree are "the experts" on here!!!!!

Billy Whizz
25-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Fantastic Lewis, the manager has said it, the thread on player of the season so far on here said it, the MOM's have said it. :thumbsup:

Do you mean the keyboard experts who only go to a few games per season, surely not!!!!!

Sodje_18
25-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I thought Stevenson started to fall away ever since the cup win, it's great to see the old him we all had such high hopes for :not worth

PaulSmith
25-02-2012, 08:01 PM
For pure determination, character and someone who clearly gives 100% week in week out he'd be my poty.

Also a no bad wee player in there as well if only he'd believe it himself

Stantons Angel
25-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I too am glad of the praise the manager has bestowed on Lewis for his play this season.

But im also fed up of him getting put down by people on here too. If they dont want to read any thing positive about the team or its individual players its so very simple................ DONT READ THEM!!!!

This lad deserves all the praise he is getting and is showing the way to the other members of the team. Another sterling performance from him today and hopefully many more.

Keep at it wee man, your leading the way !

...WentToMowAnSPL
25-02-2012, 08:07 PM
For pure determination, character and someone who clearly gives 100% week in week out he'd be my poty.

Jury is still out - he doesn't seem to have a twitter account so how do we know when he's out on the piss ?? :confused:

Seriously was really impressed with him against Aberdeen 100% determined and fantastic effort, great to hear the reports for the guy :flag:

paxtonhibby
25-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Fair play to Lewis. I thought at the start of the season he would be a squad player but am happy to be proved utterly wrong. Hardest working player for us by a mile and first pick in the midfield. Keep it up ls :D

Jonnyboy
25-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Well deserved praise from the manager.

Sadly there are posters who develop the dreaded "Arsene Syndrome" when anyone points out the good things Lewis does in games (they don't see it)

PeterboroHibee
25-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I was never someone who particularly rated Stevenson. Never doubted his effort or commitment, or his willingness to really got stuck in, but just felt he never had the physique for that sort of role. He seems to be playing well however, alongside Osbourne and Claros, the three of them comes across as a good combination.

Hes still at a good age, and hes someone whos been at the club for a long period of time, would be more than happy for him to get an extended deal (is he not only signed until the end of the season?).

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Well deserved praise from the manager.

Sadly there are posters who develop the dreaded "Arsene Syndrome" when anyone points out the good things Lewis does in games (they don't see it)

...Or they DO see it, appreciate Lewis is playing well, but in a marvellous bit of reverse logic, claim that this is a bad thing because 'when Stevenson is our best player you KNOW we're in trouble'.

which in my book is right up there with Kerrs 'unseen work' as legendary Hibs.net (un)truisms :aok:

Jonnyboy
25-02-2012, 08:43 PM
...Or they DO see it, appreciate Lewis is playing well, but in a marvellous bit of reverse logic, claim that this is a bad thing because 'when Stevenson is our best player you KNOW we're in trouble'.

which in my book is right up there with Kerrs 'unseen work' as legendary Hibs.net (un)truisms :aok:

Agree Mr bollah :agree: :greengrin

mca
25-02-2012, 08:44 PM
How Many Managers has the wee man Had ???

im actually surprised that in all the years and some of the bosses the wee guys had - that he has not been sold or Released or even Loaned out...

i Thinks - Every Manager Must Have Seen Something In Lewis.. that made him think he was at least worth keeping in reserve..

and i dont think the wee guy gets enough credit.... :wink: from all accounts pat fenlon rates him very highly..

I said years ago that the wee guy will come good and be a hero for scotland... :not worth

stoneyburn hibs
25-02-2012, 08:45 PM

So your no a fan ?

Jones28
25-02-2012, 08:49 PM
My best player this season :agree:

Seveno
25-02-2012, 08:49 PM
If I had to give just one reason why I have faith in Nutsy, it is the way that he has turned Lewis' career around and allowed him to be the player we thought he would be 4 years ago.

:pfgwa

Pretty Boy
25-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Lewis deserves credit because for large parts of the season he looked/looks like he gives a toss. The same couldn't always be said for a few others.

Definitely earned any new deal that may come his way.

Hibs7
25-02-2012, 08:54 PM
It's not just his effort and commitment, he reads a game very well, just look at the runs he makes to help attack or defence, give the guy credit where it us due, my POTY so far. Get him.signed up for another 3 years.

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 08:55 PM
So your no a fan ?

...of Kerr? ive never seen a player like him.

Aldo
25-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Lewis deserves credit because for large parts of the season he looked/looks like he gives a toss. The same couldn't always be said for a few others.

Agree. For me he has shoulder loads if responsibility and tried to take the game by the scruff,

Shame some of the others hadn't taken a leaf out if his commitment book.

hibee_girl
25-02-2012, 09:07 PM

:top marks

TornadoHibby
25-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I was never someone who particularly rated Stevenson. Never doubted his effort or commitment, or his willingness to really got stuck in, but just felt he never had the physique for that sort of role. He seems to be playing well however, alongside Osbourne and Claros, the three of them comes across as a good combination.

Hes still at a good age, and hes someone whos been at the club for a long period of time, would be more than happy for him to get an extended deal (is he not only signed until the end of the season?).

You need to look more closely at Lewis and, if you do, you'll see that he is someone who has the upper body of a middle weight boxer only achieved by spending time in a gym working with weights etc which he must do on top of his football training with Hibs I imagine! :rolleyes:

mca
25-02-2012, 09:19 PM
You need to look more closely at Lewis and, if you do, you'll see that he is someone who has the upper body of a middle weight boxer only achieved by spending time in a gym working with weights etc which he must do on top of his football training with Hibs I imagine! :rolleyes:

yeah even the wife said a couple of years ago - that - the wee man was "Bulking-Up"

Roughly about the same time as Newspapers and some internet Forums / were declaring him as too wee and too soft and lightweight . and other quotes like - easily out-muscled for the ball !! and the likes..

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I actually thought Lewis played really well against Celtic last week but his performance was overshadowed by the drubbing. He has always been a decent player but has lost his way in recent seasons. If we stay up this season, a big reason for this will be Lewis' form and his determination:flag:

GGTTH

007 Mickey Weir
25-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes agree with all thats been said. My POTY because of his attitude!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Fantastic Lewis, the Manager has said it, the thread on player of the season so far on here said it, the MOM's have said it. :thumbsup:

:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-02-2012, 10:15 PM

:agree: