PDA

View Full Version : Just back

Onion
25-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Best allround performance by Hibs in ages - and a great win. What impressed me most was the "team spirit" among the Hibs lads - played as a team from back to front. Lots of really good performances but standout for me was McPake - dominated everything in the air, lead from the front, didn't put a foot wrong all game, put his body on the line when needed - a real captain's performance.

Should have been 2 or 3 up by HT - the Killie goalie making 3 top notch saves to keep the score down. Griffith lively all game and unlucky not to get his goal. Soares added a lot to Hibs width and threat - took both his goals brilliantly - and deserves a spot in the starting 11. Claros, Stephenson and Orbourne ran the show, harried Killie all day and worked their sock off.

1-3 result was kind on Killie - 1-5 or 1-6 would have been truer reflection of the game.

Great 3 points which will give the lads a real lift - reward at last for the graft and no little skill. Pleased for Fenlon.

Alex Trager
25-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I second all that. Not bad hibs support aswell

Reaper
25-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Sounds good. Great to hear about a positive Saturday afternoon for the Hibee's.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Who presents Sportscene these days? I might actually watch it (or part of it!) for a change.

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 06:15 PM
That sounds fantastic :flag:

Even in the celtc fiasco i thought mcpake wasnt particularly at fault, and in the killie game he was superb

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2012, 06:16 PM
If anybody deserves a good day out, its our away supporters. Pleased for you mate.

Get in !!!

SneakersO'Toole
25-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Good to hear and I hope it encourages supporters to get along to games for the rest of the season.

erin go bragh
25-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Great to hear , saturday night is so much better with 3pts and a great team performance , onwards and upwards .:thumbsup:
ggtth

The Voice Of Reason
25-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Well done to all the fans who went :thumbsup:

Well done also to the players and management, what a great result ! For once I cannae wait to watch the highlights !

With Dunfermline and Hearts getting beat I am actually in a good mood tonight !!!!!!! A strange feeling for a Saturday night !

:flag::flag::flag:

Badabing
25-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm chuffed for but a little bit envious of those that were there. I hope it's just a coincidence that one of our best performances this season came in front of a relatively small support. We need to get behind the team more at home.

essexhibee
25-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Cheers for the post pal. Good to hear we played well. Should really try and get mcpake imo.

forthhibby
25-02-2012, 07:09 PM
just seen goals on SSN, 3 cracking finishies

Jamesie
25-02-2012, 07:20 PM
541 happy Hibbys in the away end today!

stoneyburn hibs
25-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Last minute decided to go , delighted i made that choice as it was quite a day , chuffed to bits and im buzzing

S.sct
25-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Best allround performance by Hibs in ages - and a great win. What impressed me most was the "team spirit" among the Hibs lads - played as a team from back to front. Lots of really good performances but standout for me was McPake - dominated everything in the air, lead from the front, didn't put a foot wrong all game, put his body on the line when needed - a real captain's performance.

Should have been 2 or 3 up by HT - the Killie goalie making 3 top notch saves to keep the score down. Griffith lively all game and unlucky not to get his goal. Soares added a lot to Hibs width and threat - took both his goals brilliantly - and deserves a spot in the starting 11. Claros, Stephenson and Orbourne ran the show, harried Killie all day and worked their sock off.

1-3 result was kind on Killie - 1-5 or 1-6 would have been truer reflection of the game.

Great 3 points which will give the lads a real lift - reward at last for the graft and no little skill. Pleased for Fenlon.

Thanks for the report, glad Soares had a good one, looked unfit last I saw him.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-02-2012, 07:32 PM
just seen goals on SSN, 3 cracking finishies

Anyone able to post the goals, or any clips?

Jonnyboy
25-02-2012, 08:29 PM

Can't disagree with any of that :top marks

Lang Toun Hibs
25-02-2012, 08:49 PM
541 happy Hibbys in the away end today!

And another 3 in the main stand! Was very difficult to keep respectfully quiet...couldn't keep the smiles off our faces though!

givescotlandfreedom
25-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Thought there were more myself though we all ran up the back when rain started coming in.

FranckSuzy
25-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Superb (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome) front page from the club website :flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-02-2012, 12:06 AM
if Carlsberg did Saturdays FFS!!!!!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Superb (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome) front page from the club website :flag:

What a brilliant foatie! :greengrin

:agree:

:thumbsup:

proud_and_green
26-02-2012, 10:12 AM

The Scotland on Sunday has that pic and when i saw it i thought it looked like a bunch of players working together and really pleased to be there.

Keep it up the cabbage!!

Feed McGraw
26-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Hibs have had me in tears for all the wrong reasons recently, but that photo gave me a lump in the throat and a nice warm glow.

They are truly starting to look like a team again, please keep it going Hibs.