PDA

View Full Version : What a Hibs win does for us :-)

Eaststand
25-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm 53 years old and after todays excellent result, I'm going about the hoose singing glory glory to the Hibees, plus a wee medley of other Hibs songs while I smirk like a daft sod.

What does todays win do for you (c'mon folks own up and share a laugh ....even admit to the really daft things that todays result has you doin :-) ) :thumbsup:

GGTTH

neilmartinrocks
25-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm 53 years old and after todays excellent result, I'm going about the hoose singing glory glory to the Hibees, plus a wee medley of other Hibs songs while I smirk like a daft sod.

What does todays win do for you (c'mon folks even admit to the really daft things that todays result has you doin :-) ) :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Im going for a beer or six while i am in a good mood

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 04:48 PM

What does todays win do for you (c'mon folks even admit to the really daft things that todays result has you doin :-) ) :thumbsup:

GGTTH

I can't tell you, the admin pricks work very hard to keep this board family friendly.

steve_
25-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Just checked the result whilst watchin' Wales score the winning try v England, ya dancer!!

JohnScott
25-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Having applied for a derby ticket today's results have got the juices flowing!! We must have a chance of beating the Jambos now. Where's those tickets?!

Mikeystewart
25-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I can't tell you, the admin pricks work very hard to keep this board family friendly.

:shhhsh!:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I've paid my council tax.

Easter Road X1
25-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Fair play:top marksperformance

Littlest Hobo
25-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm having plenty banter with some unfriendly unsporting Hearts pricks who can't take the fact that Hibs actually won today and won well. What a bunch of horrible ***** that lot really are.

Bristolhibby
25-02-2012, 06:06 PM
In such a good mood at the moment. Having a couple of beers, going to cook a curry, then have a few more.

What a day for sport results.

Kilmarnock 1-3 Hibernian
St. Johnstone 3-1 Dunfermline
Hearts 0-2 Dundee Utd
England 12-19 Wales

Just need Bath to beat Exeter and Scotland to
Beat the French tomorrow for a perfect weekend.

J

RIP
25-02-2012, 06:24 PM
In such a good mood at the moment. Having a couple of beers, going to cook a curry, then have a few more.

Kilmarnock 1-3 Hibernian
Hearts 0-2 Dundee Utd
England 12-19 Wales

Just need Scotland to

J

Wot he said!!:thumbsup:

As a non-drinker I'm going to pig out on toffee popcorn and ice cream tonight while watching lads movies with my two Singing Section teenage sons. (My other half is in Madrid for her sons 18th)

Today in Perth I bumped into a long-lost pal and this morning Cammy scored with a last-minute header to equalise for Crieff Juniors against Dunipace. That's 4 goals in 5 games from right mid

Carlsberg weekends :hibees

SneakersO'Toole
25-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Missus is out so making the most of it. Ordered a fantastic curry (Ruchi on London Road - excellent), about to start my 4th bottle of peroni and watch True Grit which I bought the other day. Might even fit MOTD into all of that.

If I wasn't working tomorrow I'd be out to celebrate but this is a good substitute.

TornadoHibby
25-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Just checked the result whilst watchin' Wales score the winning try v England, ya dancer!!

Aye, same as me! Talk about Carlsberg week-ends with the various results today?! :greengrin

King Paddy
25-02-2012, 06:40 PM

What does todays win do for you (c'mon folks own up and share a laugh ....even admit to the really daft things that todays result has you doin :-) ) :thumbsup:

GGTTH

No radio on felt the worst that we would lose 3or4 nil, then get home from the driving range
to see the score Kilmarnock1 Hibernian3, Euphoric to say the least and i'm 62 years of age.
As Paul Pia once said in the introduction to one of my many Hibs Books to can't change your
mother or your football team. Nice to see Tony Higgins with a hibee smile on his face
on sportscene welldone the hibeeeeeees.:aok::top marks

Hiber-nation
25-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm sitting here in shock still thinking Killie are going to equalise...wish I could have been there, that last 10 mins was absolute torture.

Well done lads, this has got to be the springboard for greater things.

essexhibee
25-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Absolutely buzzing still. Made me weekend. Such a relief .

scott7_0(Prague)
25-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Letting the wife cash in one of her Scott7_0(prague) love vouchers.....

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Letting the wife cash in one of her Scott7_0(prague) love vouchers.....

So who is she spending it on?

RMQ1967
25-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm celebrating in a wee cafe in Jerusalem with my 'on the way to being a Hibee' bird. A glass of red wine & a plate of broccoli soup surrounded by religious punters enjoying a birthday bash - work tomorrow but life is good:)

coco22
25-02-2012, 06:57 PM
its astounding what one good win can do for our general outlook on things. think this will do massive things for the team too, great to see soares and o'donovan gettin on the scoresheet.

admittedly my kids and i have been singing a few songs since full time (my youngest doing the hibee bounce in the door bouncer), with them wondering why daddy's saturday evening mood is somewhat different to usual. :flag:

IWasThere2016
25-02-2012, 08:46 PM
QUOTE=Bristolhibby;3128627]In such a good mood at the moment. Having a couple of beers, going to cook a curry, then have a few more.

Kilmarnock 1-3 Hibernian
Hearts 0-2 Dundee Utd
England 12-19 Wales

J[/QUOTE]

I was at Man C 3-0 Blackburn .. Had that as correct score, and wee man won a prize in the hospitality draw. Great day all round.

Well done PF and the lads! :thumbsup: Jusst what we needed :agree:

Seveno
25-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I sat in the car park at Ninewells Hospital listening to the end of 'Open all Mics' and then went in to cheer up my very ill brother.

Thank you Hibs. :aok:

( and St Johnstone )

( and Dundee Utd )

If Carlsberg made visiting hours ........

Love the Green
25-02-2012, 09:04 PM
QUOTE=Bristolhibby;3128627]In such a good mood at the moment. Having a couple of beers, going to cook a curry, then have a few more.

Kilmarnock 1-3 Hibernian
Hearts 0-2 Dundee Utd
England 12-19 Wales

J

I was at Man C 3-0 Blackburn .. Had that as correct score, and wee man won a prize in the hospitality draw. Great day all round.

Well done PF and the lads! :thumbsup: Jusst what we needed :agree:[/QUOTE]

Legends Lounge was it?
Great day 4 results and Hibs for ther cup and City for the EPL.

"KEEP THE TRUE FAITH"

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2012, 08:12 AM
All the scientific research suggests that sports fans have a physical reaction to a win or defeat. A win increases the levels of testosterone (not sure it applies to female sports fans) and endorphines. We feel energised and get a natural high. I've had those happy feet since yesterday afternoon :greengrin

Eaststand
26-02-2012, 11:21 AM
All the scientific research suggests that sports fans have a physical reaction to a win or defeat. A win increases the levels of testosterone (not sure it applies to female sports fans) and endorphines. We feel energised and get a natural high. I've had those happy feet since yesterday afternoon :greengrin

That makes sense and it sure worked for me yesterday.

I even went uptown with the missus last night to meet up with another Hibby couple and we hoped to bump into some Yams, but for some reason there were none of them oot n aboot uptown...I wonder what happened :na na:

PS...the family dog is wondering why it didn't get it's usual kick in the ass at 4.45pm on Saturday too, so I reckon it'll be pleased we won yesterday too (only kiddin I'd never hurt the mutt)

GGTTH

steakbake
26-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm 104. I celebrated this once in a lifetime event by pishing myself.

What are we celebrating again?

Lungo--Drom
26-02-2012, 02:02 PM

GGTTH

Unfortunately despite being only a 35 minute drive away from RP I was forbidden from going as I had to help my step daughter move house :rolleyes:

Totally elated at our win :hibees but totally gutted I couldn't go and the pies are really nice too :agree: plus ma mate is a Killie fan and we usually meet up in a boozer there before and after a match so I could have had the chance to rip the p*** out of him for once.

So the really daft thing I did was: sit in a huff watching a TV show about the 1987 Wall Street crash while eating some bargain Twix bars out of the local newspaper shop

GGTTH

andy1875
27-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Aye a few beers on Saturday night with the lads, whilst talking about Hibs, was thoroughly enjoyable for the first time in ages. Here's hoping this weekend is the same when we beat Saintees and the big Huns beat the wee Huns.

Hail hail

hfc rd
27-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Aye a few beers on Saturday night with the lads, whilst talking about Hibs, was thoroughly enjoyable for the first time in ages. Here's hoping this weekend is the same when we beat Saintees and the big Huns beat the wee Huns.

Hail hail

Also add to that, dunfy losing to well at home and dun utd beating caley on mon night and that will do me nicely going into the Ayr cup game.

surreyhibbie
27-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Living darn saff it makes my weekend when Hibs win, and this weekend has been a cracker. :greengrin