PDA

View Full Version : National Stadium

gringojoe
25-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Should Murrayfield be Scotlands National Stadium?

Biggest capacity stadium in Scotland, neutral venue for all teams apart from national team.

Not sure I'd like bus loads of Old firm fans turning up and wrecking the city on cup final day,

Thoughts?

Ryan69
25-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Is Hampden not a neutral ground?

Id question whether youve been to Hampden too,as the hampden roar is known worldwide! Its a far more intimidating place than Murrayfield!

gringojoe
25-02-2012, 04:37 PM

Id question whether youve been to Hampden too,as the hampden roar is known worldwide! Its a far more intimidating place than Murrayfield!

Hampden roof leaks, crap view as seats are bolted to old terracing apart from BT stand. First saw Hibs at Hampden when the old North Stand was still up.

Nando™
25-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Hampden should be our national stadium.

But it should also be upgraded, how far away from the pitch do we have to be? :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Famous as the Hampden Roar may be, the new Hampden is a crap football stadium. Murrayfield isn't much better, still too far from the pitch, but at least the stands aren't as bloody flat as at Hampden.

It's a moot point anyway, since Murrayfield is owned by the SRU and there's precisely f*** all chance of it being used ahead of Hampden for football matches.

neilmartinrocks
25-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Biggest capacity stadium in Scotland, neutral venue for all teams apart from national team.

Not sure I'd like bus loads of Old firm fans turning up and wrecking the city on cup final day,

Thoughts?

Murrayfield for egg chasing (and the yams if they ever get into european comps)
Hampden for football.
That way the twisted sisters can piss and puke all over their own streets.

TheEastTerrace
25-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Not a big fan of either but at least at Murrayfield you don't have Strathclyde police treating you like you belong in the gutter.

Rick Rude
25-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Sell them both and build a brand new 80,000 seated stadium somewhere in the middle of the country.

Nando™
25-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Sell them both and build a brand new 80,000 seated stadium somewhere in the middle of the country.

Aye, Fauldhouse could do with a big arena like this :agree:

Northernhibee
25-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Murrayfield for egg chasing (and the yams if they ever get into european comps).

Oh god, that game against Spurs at Tynie, ahahahahahahaa, ****ing wonderful.

Apart from having a fiver on at something like thirty or forty to one for Spurs to win 4-0.

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Aye, Fauldhouse could do with a big arena like this :agree:

Could we maybe convert Stirling Castle? Central location, iconic, what's not to like?

Pretty Boy
25-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Hampden is a dump and should have been completely demolished and rebuilt from scratch without those ridiculous gaps behind the goals.

Murrayfield is better but not by much. Way back from the pitch at one side and the join between the old stand and the rest is clumsy and a bit crap looking.

Neither of them are in the same league as places like Wembley, the Emirates, either of the Manchester stadiums etc etc

stevenhibs
25-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Could we maybe convert Stirling Castle? Central location, iconic, what's not to like?

I've always thought that Stirling would be ideal but the national stadium really should be in the capital. There can't be that many other countries that dont play their home games in the capital.

fatbloke
25-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Thoughts?

Certainly willnae be the currant bun persuasion this season and maybe not for a few to come.:greengrin

Eyrie
25-02-2012, 05:17 PM
The only reason we still have Hampden is so that the Ugly Sisters have somewhere neutral to meet. No reason why internationals and finals couldn't be played at various club grounds.

Sunny1875
25-02-2012, 05:23 PM
There is a spot just of the M9 and M80 Junction on the A91 right next to Brucefields golf centre check it out on Google Earth

I think this should be the place for a Scottish National Arena, the Egg chasers and Football team could use it.

The Hampden roar is sadly gone destroyed by the seating installed on what was potentially a good terracing.

I would like to see a 90K capacity stadium, with the seating close to the pitch.

Oh and a hotel and shopping complex could be added into the plans, might as well as the weStFA would never agree to moving out of Glasgow anyway.

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I always thought that Murrayfield should be the place for the likes of a Hibs Yams semi or final.

Then I saw Hibs play Barcelona there ...... It is not, and never will be a football stadium ... Hampden is 10 times better.

But having said that ... Hampden is a total dump and should be demolished and rebuilt..... 65 - 70,000 capacity with the stands looming over the pitch to give a great Hampden roar atmosphere.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Too many stadiums in Edinburgh and other Cities, there is one sensible option that too many short sighted dinasours choose to ignore!

madabouthibs
25-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Murrayfield is a fine stadium, and I suppose it would be great to have a Hibs, or dare I say it, a Hearts cup final in Edinburgh, but the fact of the matter is most of the cup finals involve at least one of the filth from the West, so I'd much prefer they kept the ****bags through there thanks. :agree: