PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon ...Hibs Saviour

Jack Ferrigan
25-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I honestly believe that Pat Fenlon will save us from relegation and once this is done he is capable of putting together a decent team over the close season.

A bit of luck before that and we could move onto the semi finals of the cup.

When you consider what he took over and the resources at his disposal he is on his way to creating a minor miracle.

More power to you Pat.

Hibs7
25-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Good result today and I hope he enjoys it as he deserves it, well done Pat.

snooky
25-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I honestly believe that Pat Fenlon will save us from relegation and once this is done he is capable of putting together a decent team over the close season.

A bit of luck before that and we could move onto the semi finals of the cup.

When you consider what he took over and the resources at his disposal he is on his way to creating a minor miracle.

More power to you Pat.

Pat Fenlon ...Hibs Saviour
Yogi.............Hibs Slaver
:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Lets no go overboard just yet. Great result though. Cheery Saturday night for a change!

erin go bragh
25-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Pat Fenlon ...Hibs Saviour
Yogi.............Hibs Slaver
:wink:
A bit harsh on yogi ,got us into europe at first time of asking .
Think we should be looking forward, and less of the looking back snipes at former managers .
ggtth

Jack
25-02-2012, 05:30 PM
No more false dawns please

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Lets no go overboard just yet. Great result though. Cheery Saturday night for a change!

:agree:

I don't understand why everything has to be polarised. Earlier in the week it was pish about how Fenlon should GTF, Claros is brutal, East Mains is a holiday camp, etc., now after one win Fenlon is our saviour. Both of these positions are obviously way over the top in one direction or the other - can we not have a bit of rational thought now and then?

snooky
25-02-2012, 05:33 PM
A bit harsh on yogi ,got us into europe at first time of asking .
Think we should be looking forward, and less of the looking back snipes at former managers .
ggtth

Point taken - apologies to Mr Hughes :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Home game next week against a side we have a chance of defeating. Hopefully, a decent crowd on the back of the day's result. As the cliche goes, one game at a time, and let's see where we go.

neilmartinrocks
25-02-2012, 05:36 PM

I don't understand why everything has to be polarised. Earlier in the week it was pish about how Fenlon should GTF, Claros is brutal, East Mains is a holiday camp, etc., now after one win Fenlon is our saviour. Both of these positions are obviously way over the top in one direction or the other - can we not have a bit of rational thought now and then?

hear hear.. im just glad i can go out for a pint the night in a good mood for a change.
:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Mikey
25-02-2012, 05:36 PM
can we not have a bit of rational thought now and then?

Yer a funny guy :greengrin

PapillonVert
25-02-2012, 05:42 PM

I am becoming cautiously optimistic. This is Hibs we are talking about, remember.

Keep up the good work, Pat and the team and keep believing and fighting and we should be OK.

Jack Ferrigan
25-02-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm not one for overstating anything I honestly believe he will be Hibs saviour this season I was not one of those you mention earlier this week putting Hibs down . We didn't get into this mess overnight and I don't expect to get out of it easily but praise where its due

I know Pat Fenlon from his days at Bohemians and from first I heard of his appointment I knew that given a bit of help he would come through for Hibs.
It's about managing expectations and I expect him to save us from relegation nothing else.

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm not one for overstating anything I honestly believe he will be Hibs saviour this season I was not one of those you mention earlier this week putting Hibs down . We didn't get into this mess overnight and I don't expect to get out of it easily but praise where its due

I know Pat Fenlon from his days at Bohemians and from first I heard of his appointment I knew that given a bit of help he would come through for Hibs.
It's about managing expectations and I expect him to save us from relegation nothing else.

Wasn't meaning to have a go at you - I think most people would agree that Fenlon is taken us in the right direction, I just think it's a bit early to be talking about saviours.

I salute your optimism, however. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I think, given time, Fenlon will do well with us.

However it will be a long process. He is just 3 months into his time as manager and has had only one transfer window to try and bring in new players. I believe this process will take around two years for him to take the club to where we want to be. If he does it sooner than that then that's brilliant but there shouldn't be any expectations that that will happen as he has taken us over when the club is in one of the worst states it's been in for years.

This summer will be a big couple of months for him as he tries to reshape the squad for next season. Most of the current players will be out of contract in the summer and so he needs to rebuild almost from scratch.

Hopefully we will be an SPL side at the end of the season because trying to rebuild the squad if we're in the first division will make harder than it already is.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Ehm...football fans?

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Ehm...football fans?

I can dream, can't I?

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I can dream, can't I?

He's the goddamm chosen one. Flowers bloom in his wake when he walks down the street. Birds sing a little sweeter. A day without Fenlon is like a day without sunshine. Enough of these calls for perspective. I demand unconditional devotion:love ya!:

nonshinyfinish
25-02-2012, 06:54 PM
He's the goddamm chosen one. Flowers bloom in his wake when he walks down the street. Birds sing a little sweeter. A day without Fenlon is like a day without sunshine. Enough of these calls for perspective. I demand unconditional devotion:love ya!:

Sorry, the only figure in football who commands my unconditional devotion is Dennis Bergkamp. Christ, the things I'd do to him...

paxtonhibby
25-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Home game next week against a side we have a chance of defeating. Hopefully, a decent crowd on the back of the day's result. As the cliche goes, one game at a time, and let's see where we go.

Na, crowd will still be average at best. Watch them crawl out of the woodwork if we beat Ayr mind.

iain nolan
25-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I have been saying for weeks to take one game at a time and look at facts not what might happen.

last sat we lost to 5 - nil but as i said nothing changed in the league.

This week we gain 3 points on inverness (still to play rangers)
we gain 2 points on st mirren (who i still think we overtake in league)
we gain 2 points on aberdeen
we gain 3 points on hearts

and YES we gain 3 POINTS ON DUNF (and still have game in hand over them )

thats the bottem 6 teams and we gained points on every team this weekend lets enjoy our win
and see what happens next week .

REMEMBER FENLON HAS WON LEAGUES IN IRELAND

REMEMBER SIR ALEX WON LEAGUES IN SCOTLAND BEFORE ENGLAND and we mickey mouse league to england:flag::pfgwa

King Paddy
25-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Your spot on mate one swallow did'nt make a summer but never the less
a good result considering our predicament. Looking forward to next week
when St. Mirrin will probably turn us over only joking. :agree: