PDA

View Full Version : why does everybody think we'll be relegated?

madabouthibs
24-02-2012, 03:17 PM
It seems to be a given on here that, for some bizarre reason, Dunfermline will overhaul us and stay up. I see nowt to support this. We've been down there with them for ages, cut adrift, but they've never actually managed to get above us. Do we think they have a cunning plan to breeze by us in the final two games?

Mikey
24-02-2012, 03:22 PM
"Everybody" doesn't.

There are a fair few who just go on and on and on and on about it though hence the general feeling.

Hibercelona
24-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Nobodies saying that relegation is a given.

There are however people who believe that we're immune to relegation.

Comments like:

"We WONT go down".
"Dunfermline are worse than we are".
"Our luck will change".
"Our experience will even out and we'll shoot up the table".

People need to wake up and realize that relegation is a REAL possibility (i'm not saying it will happen), just that theres every chance that it could happen and to think that there is no chance that it will, is very foolish.

Mikey
24-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Comments like:

"We WONT go down".
"Our luck will change".

People need to wake up and realize that relegation is a REAL possibility (i'm not saying it will happen), just that theres every chance that it could happen and to think that there is no chance that it will, is very foolish.

How's that list coming along?

Spike Mandela
24-02-2012, 03:26 PM
It seems to be a given on here that, for some bizarre reason, Dunfermline will overhaul us and stay up. I see nowt to support this. We've been down there with them for ages, cut adrift, but they've never actually managed to get above us. Do we think they have a cunning plan to breeze by us in the final two games?

How will you feel if they win their next two games and we don't?

People think we could get relegated because we could, simple as that. Forget Dunfermline it's only our team that can save themselves.

Hibercelona
24-02-2012, 03:26 PM

List for what?

To prove something to you? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
24-02-2012, 03:27 PM
How will you feel if they win their next two games and we don't?

People think we could get relegated because we could, simple as that. Forget Dunfermline it's only our team that can save themselves.

:agree:

hibiedude
24-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Comments like:

"We WONT go down".
"Our luck will change".

100% agree the problem is some on this site don't like it mentioned

Famous5forever
24-02-2012, 03:32 PM

I Do not think we will get relegated id be concerned if we were to go more than 3 points behind them though as then it would be out of our hands.
At the moment we still have the high ground a couple of wins would take the pressure right of and the players could play in a more relaxed manor

Mikey
24-02-2012, 03:32 PM
List for what?

To prove something to you? :rolleyes:

The lengthy list of Hearts fans masquerading as Hibby's. The ones that I'm too stupid to notice.

Andy74
24-02-2012, 03:37 PM
100% agree the problem is some on this site don't like it mentioned

Like who?

I generally think everyone is well aware of where we are and how tight it is.

Some think that we now have a better team that over the remaining games will edge Dunfermline, whilst others seem to think Dunfermline will suddenly go on a run.

I've yet so see anyone who just simply refuses to think we are in a bad position with potential to go down if things go wrong or who doesn't allow anyone the chance to talk about going down.

SMAXXA
24-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Its an interesting one, I was thinming the other night listening to the radio people keep going on about if Dunfy get a win or a wee run we will struggle etc but some people seem to forget the same applies to Hibs, but some quarters of the media seem to overlook this.

I for one are under no illusion of our current situation and think it will go to the wire maybe not to the last game but near about IMO.

At The Edge
24-02-2012, 04:17 PM
After watching the first half on Wed, we looked ok, if we can keep that kinda performance up we should be ok, however our ability to self destruct on a regular basis does leave me worried.
I do think we'll stay up and i hope we get a few more points on the board before the split, however the thought of relegation does rear its ugly head at times....and its becoming a bit to regular just now!

A win tomorrow would be ace! :thumbsup:

bingo70
24-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Comments like:

"We WONT go down".
"Our luck will change".

I've seen very few people state we won't go down, I know there's been a couple people saying that but in general its people saying they don't think we'll go down.

Dunfermline are worse than us and have been all season so I don't see why people think they're capable of improving and going on a run but we're not even though we've been better than them all season?

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2012, 05:05 PM
After watching the first half on Wed, we looked ok, if we can keep that kinda performance up we should be ok, however our ability to self destruct on a regular basis does leave me worried.
I do think we'll stay up and i hope we get a few more points on the board before the split, however the thought of relegation does rear its ugly head at times....and its becoming a bit to regular just now!

A win tomorrow would be ace! :thumbsup:

1st half was good on Wednesday, but the main concern is that we capitulate far too often. 4 goals in the second half, the players are nervy and low on confidence, and this transends to the Stands....... We need to start gathering points and quickly, I don't care how we get the points, just as long as we get them......

Relegation is not be an option, we must ensure SPL safety.........

frazeHFC
24-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Nobody is saying we will go down, its more that we are bad enough to go down. I keep thinking 'surely not', but we really are in trouble.

The lengthy list of Hearts fans masquerading as Hibby's. The ones that I'm too stupid to notice.

:doh:

J-C
24-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I remember all too well the last time we were relegated under the stewardship of Duff Jimmy, no one thought then that we'd be relegated and we were.

MrSmith
24-02-2012, 05:26 PM
See to be honest, we have been p!ss poor for yonks! I have reconciled myself with the fact that we may get relegated and probably we rightly should! Causes for it? To many to note! However, I do feel we as fans, have lost our nerve and fight that used to make us Hibs supporters - we have become nothing more than this apathetic bunch of moaning bassas! So relegation it is then! Phew! The relief of it all! Maybe we will relax and see something better emerge over the coming years ...

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2012, 05:37 PM
At the moment we still have the high ground a couple of wins would take the pressure right of and the players could play in a more relaxed manor

Because of our extremely poor home record our manor hasnae been relaxed for a while!

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2012, 05:38 PM
See to be honest, we have been p!ss poor for yonks! I have reconciled myself with the fact that we may get relegated and probably we rightly should! Causes for it? To many to note! However, I do feel we as fans, have lost our nerve and fight that used to make us Hibs supporters - we have become nothing more than this apathetic bunch of moaning bassas! So relegation it is then! Phew! The relief of it all! Maybe we will relax and see something better emerge over the coming years ...

Seriously no good would come from being relegated...........

There would be no guarantee of coming up at the first time of asking, and could we really afford the yearly costs of East Mains....Relegation sends shivers down my spine, even thinking about it, It simply must not happen............

MrSmith
24-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Seriously no good would come from being relegated...........

There would be no guarantee of coming up at the first time of asking, and could we really afford the yearly costs of East Mains....Relegation sends shivers down my spine, even thinking about it, It simply must not happen............

I don't want it to happen either but, the state the clubs been allowed to get into for long enough is just about what we deserve. I am more interested in holding onto Pat Fenlon more than East Mains.

ALF TUPPER
24-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Okay ..... This is my shout....

I dont think we will be relegated. I've seen enough positive change down Easter Road way recently to believe we will hammer someone soon and it will change our fortunes and confidence.

I'm not a happy clapper , nor am
I in denial but do see the Hibees dragging ourselves out of this .

See you all in Killie ? :)

Spike Mandela
24-02-2012, 06:03 PM

I dont think we will be relegated. I've seen enough positive change down Easter Road way recently to believe we will hammer someone soon and it will change our fortunes and confidence.

I'm not a happy clapper , nor am
I in denial but do see the Hibees dragging ourselves out of this .

Just out of interest when was the last time we won a league game by more than 1 goal?

down the slope
24-02-2012, 06:09 PM
The warning signs were posted a couple of years ago but the trend was not addressed , we have consistently employed players that are not up to standard. It is simple , we have no class about the place whatsoever. We are where we are because of this and no 5 million training ground or superb stadium will save us from the drop. I honestly don't know if we will stay up but if we are not relegated this year it will be next year or sometime soon !. The position we find ourselves in is nearly the same as last year and what was done about it-nada so why should it change in the future ?.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I think using the word " overhaul" suggests that there is a massive points gap between us and Dunfermline.

Sas_The_Hibby
24-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Like a lot of people on here, I think it's 50/50 between us and Dunfermline. Everything you could say about them you could say about us and vice versa: "could go on a run" "have been p**s poor all season" "can't win at home for love nor money" "only need a couple of wins to get the confidence up" "just need a bit of luck" etc. etc.

The point is that even if we don't get relegated eventually, being in this position at all, in this league, is a disgrace IMO.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Just out of interest when was the last time we won a league game by more than 1 goal?

Almost exactly a year ago.

We beat Inverness 2-0 at Easter Road on February 26th 2011.

Since then our league wins have been;

2-1 v Hamilton
1-0 v Aberdeen
1-0 v Inverness
3-2 v St Johnstone
3-2 v St Mirren
3-2 v Dunfermline

Sas_The_Hibby
24-02-2012, 06:18 PM

2-1 v Hamilton
1-0 v Aberdeen
1-0 v Inverness
3-2 v St Johnstone
3-2 v St Mirren
3-2 v Dunfermline

So when we "hammer someone" soon, it'll probably be by one goal to nil! :wink:

Jim44
24-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I think it´s immaterial whether we think we´ll get relegated or not. The worrying fact is that the players in themselves know that they are generally useless and are unlikely to win any games.

Spike Mandela
24-02-2012, 06:25 PM

2-1 v Hamilton
1-0 v Aberdeen
1-0 v Inverness
3-2 v St Johnstone
3-2 v St Mirren
3-2 v Dunfermline

Cheers FH. How could I forget last February, CC's golden period.:greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Cheers FH. How could I forget last February, CC's golden period.:greengrin

:greengrin Aye, for most clubs, talking about a golden period means a year or two. With us, it means a couple of weeks! :boo hoo:

Scouse Hibee
24-02-2012, 06:39 PM
They don't need a cunning plan to overhaul us, just a win for them and not us could put us bottom! It would be interesting to see how actually being at the bottom of the table would affect our players. Not that I want to test the theory.

SouthamptonHibs
24-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Our club has been run poorly for several years! It's total miss-management from the top that has got us in our current position!
Putting all our cash into infrastructure and not investing in the team!
I can't think of a manager we have had in recent times thats actually had experience at managing in a league the same standard as the SPL, was the last one Blobby?

Not sure we'll get relegated yet as the Pars as pretty gash, but looking at us we can't keep clean sheets, we can't win at home, very rarely win away from home, we have a team of players that are poor and a manager that is un-tried at this level.

The main problem is the standard of player we are signing = no stars! Plus the guys we are bringing through have turned out to be flops ie nae team wants to buy them.... Petrie is gutted

You add all of these points up = trouble! Guess where we are, yip bang in trouble!

Checking some stat's last night and compaired the 97/98 team after a full seasons games v our current team after playing 27 games.
Results at this moment in time;
We are currently picking up less points per game and loosing more goals per game this season compared to the team that got us relegated!

The above stat's don't tell us much about the future but it does give a person enough back-up to say we are in real danger of going down without getting laughed out the boozer as we are the worst Hibs team in my lifetime!

Anyway role on tomorrow lets see what Paddi and the boys can do at Killie 3pts is a must...11 cup finals to go

Hail Hail

Sir David Gray
24-02-2012, 07:20 PM
To answer the question posed in the thread title, it's fairly simple why people think we'll be relegated.

Out of the 12 clubs in the league, there's only two who are really in danger of going down and we are one of them. That bumps our odds up right away.

We have also been playing with fire for a couple of years now, you could say that this has been coming.

With just 11 games to go, we're sitting on exactly the same number of points as Dunfermline, a team that is often thought of as being the worst side in the league this season. I really don't think there is all that much between the sides and I think that's been demonstrated with the results between the sides this season (one win for Hibs, one win for Dunfermline and a draw).

I'd like to think that we'll prove to be just a little bit stronger than Dunfermline by the end of the season but at the moment, it's really far too close to call and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were relegated.

Alfred E Newman
24-02-2012, 07:29 PM
The brutal truth is that other than Dunfermline, all the other teams in the league are better than us. On paper we are probably better than Dunfermline but that is no guarantee that we will finish above them.

Onion
24-02-2012, 07:32 PM
To answer the question posed in the thread title, it's fairly simple why people think we'll be relegated.

Out of the 12 clubs in the league, there's only two who are really in danger of going down and we are one of them. That bumps our odds up right away.

We have also been playing with fire for a couple of years now, you could say that this has been coming.

With just 11 games to go, we're sitting on exactly the same number of points as Dunfermline, a team that is often thought of as being the worst side in the league this season. I really don't think there is all that much between the sides and I think that's been demonstrated with the results between the sides this season (one win for Hibs, one win for Dunfermline and a draw).

I'd like to think that we'll prove to be just a little bit stronger than Dunfermline by the end of the season but at the moment, it's really far too close to call and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were relegated.

Problem I have is if it came down to a final match between the 2 sides, I'm not convinced this Hibs side have enough desire/belief to win it. Lost count of the number of matches we've thrown away, and our defence drifts from one disaster to the next. Its as good as giving the opposition a 1 goal lead before a ball is kicked. I really hope it doesn't come down to a shoot out between the 2 sides - cos this Hibs team have no bottle.

Hibernia&Alba
24-02-2012, 07:36 PM
]Like a lot of people on here, I think it's 50/50 between us and Dunfermline[/B]. Everything you could say about them you could say about us and vice versa: "could go on a run" "have been p**s poor all season" "can't win at home for love nor money" "only need a couple of wins to get the confidence up" "just need a bit of luck" etc. etc.

The point is that even if we don't get relegated eventually, being in this position at all, in this league, is a disgrace IMO.

That's the long and the short of it. We can't speak with certainty either way at the moment. Every point is now vital. If we could even get a draw at Killie, it would be something to build upon. What we the players mustn't be is a, complacent that it won't happen or b, inhibited by fear of it happening. Let's give it a right good go and then see where we finish. I totally agree with Sas that being here in the first place is just unacceptable, and with baldy Foghorn's warning of the possible disastrous consequences of relegation. We have to scrap for our lives and remain an SPL club.

The Green Goblin
24-02-2012, 07:53 PM
There is every chance we will be relegated. Why shouldn't there be, looking at the table?

It's the defensive denial and lack of accountability from those in charge of the club that annoys me. As far as I can see, there hasn't been any honest reflection or acknowledgement on how and why we are where we are, just the defiant "dinnae look at us" and "100 rod petries" or whatever it was, and stuff like it.

Establishing what went wrong and why will not save us, of course, but IF we survive the season in the SPL, it might at least help us avoid finding ourselves in this utter embarrassment of a situation again in the future.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2012, 08:06 PM
My gut feeling is that we will stay up but I fear that may just be blind optimism. I haven't seen enough of Dunfermiline to be able to confidently that they are worse than us but plenty of folk seem to think so.

i have seen plenty of Hibs this season though and I just don't see where we are going to pick up points before the split. I reckon our best chance is probably tomorrow or the St Mirren game.

If we're no worse off than 3 points off 2nd bottom at the split then hopefully the fans will rally for the final push and inspire the team to a few points.

Other than that i guess there's always the chance of league reconstruction depending on how things are looking at Ibrox.

down the slope
24-02-2012, 08:10 PM
There is every chance we will be relegated. Why shouldn't there be, looking at the table?

It's the defensive denial and lack of accountability from those in charge of the club that annoys me. As far as I can see, there hasn't been any honest reflection or acknowledgement on how and why we are where we are, just the defiant "dinnae look at us" and "100 rod petries" or whatever it was, and stuff like it.

Establishing what went wrong and why will not save us, of course, but IF we survive the season in the SPL, it might at least help us avoid finding ourselves in this utter embarrassment of a situation again in the future.

Right on there , just what is the master plan that ensures that we do not have to endure another season like this ?, i personally don't think there is one as why was it not implemented in the last close season ?. We have staggered from one crisis to another and we were only saved last season by some panic buys which papered over the cracks but the powers that be thought that was the problem solved !, shows you how much they know. Someone must be accountable for this shambles that is happening year on year and and you know what the common denominator is ?.

The Voice Of Reason
24-02-2012, 08:48 PM

:top marks spot on sir, nail on head.

Easter Road X1
24-02-2012, 10:39 PM
We are where we are, its of our own making..... but its in our hands.... we are not dependant on other results.... if we perform, we survive.... I am sick of all the negitives vibes coming out... We as united fans need to get together be positive and get behind our team, we are not blessed with great players but we have players and we need to get behind them cheer them on,. drive them on to victory.... cut out the negitivity be positive and instill confidence in our side.... if we think defeatist thoughs we will be defeated and were not... we are alive and if we are so stay alive we need protray a posivite side... :pfgwa....

Famous5forever
24-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Because of our extremely poor home record our manor hasnae been relaxed for a while!

Yes we all know that but with Paddys new signings and we had 2 games with clean sheets we are going forward lets just get this season out the way Colin done us in we must move forward with Paddy:pfgwa

dutchhibby
25-02-2012, 12:03 AM
rangers will go down so im not worried much :aok:

basehibby
25-02-2012, 01:26 AM

Comments like:

"We WONT go down".
"Our luck will change".

:agree: well put wee hibee - I've got high hopes for wee Fenlon but he's still got plenty to prove. A couple of decent results followed by beatings off of two of the league's high fliers.... saturday at Killie might give a better indication of where we really are - hopefully a better place than the 4-1 horsing we received at the start of the season!

Things will be tight though and this relegation battle could well come down to who gets the best slices of luck so there's no room at all for complacency :cb

basehibby
25-02-2012, 01:30 AM
We are where we are, its of our own making..... but its in our hands.... we are not dependant on other results.... if we perform, we survive.... I am sick of all the negitives vibes coming out... We as united fans need to get together be positive and get behind our team, we are not blessed with great players but we have players and we need to get behind them cheer them on,. drive them on to victory.... cut out the negitivity be positive and instill confidence in our side.... if we think defeatist thoughs we will be defeated and were not... we are alive and if we are so stay alive we need protray a posivite side... :pfgwa....

:top marksGreat post! A wee bit more belief instilled from the stands will do our team no harm at all
:pfgwa

monktonharp
25-02-2012, 01:59 AM
I think there is a whole lot of depression around the supporters just now, but we were very unlucky imho not to get something from the Motherwell game. we got well skelped wi' Celtic, but done no bad at all on the 2 games previous. we go into today's game with a point to prove, and lets hope we do it. Dunfy came away from there with 3 points lately, we've beaten both clubs recently so I really think we can do it. Killie got 3 points last week, against a team in shellshock, but they are there for the beating. If we get nowt, it's still all to play for, and I really believe we are a lot better than Dunfermline. nothing like being positive eh:greengrin

BSEJVT
25-02-2012, 06:51 AM

To be honest Mikey that quote and your approach to an issue that is of great concern to many of the support is unworthy of you.

If this isnt a forum to discuss thoughts and concerns regarding the team what is it?

Anyone not concerned about where we find ourselves at present is in denial.

Will we go down?, I honestly dont know

Until we stop shipping goals, string a few results together and build a decent cushion (6 points IMO) against Dunfermline it will continue to be an issue at least for me.

SneakersO'Toole
25-02-2012, 08:14 AM
We concede an average of 2.5goals per game. Until that trend is reversed and reversed now, we can forget staying in this league.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-02-2012, 08:52 AM
We concede an average of 2.5goals per game. Until that trend is reversed and reversed now, we can forget staying in this league.

Exactly,when this season has ended we will have conceded a staggering 120 goals in 2 seasons!

Mikey
25-02-2012, 08:52 AM
To be honest Mikey that quote and your approach to an issue that is of great concern to many of the support is unworthy of you.

Well someone round here needs to support the club, rather than talk them down all the time.

IWasThere2016
25-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Some great posts .. Soton, Goblin, Foghorn etc.

We had a 4-point cushion a few weeks back - the fact the has gone should be cause for concern for every Hibby. Like the Foghorn, I think going down would be disasterous for Hibs.

Bristolhibby
25-02-2012, 09:12 AM

2-1 v Hamilton
1-0 v Aberdeen
1-0 v Inverness
3-2 v St Johnstone
3-2 v St Mirren
3-2 v Dunfermline

That truly is some shocking reading.

One things for sure, we are not glory hunters. Geeze, never mind glory, a win once in a while would be brilliant.

J

down the slope
25-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Well someone round here needs to support the club, rather than talk them down all the time.

Mikey, we all support the club but the way the club is being run is not good enough for Hibernian FC . Just because some on here want better it does not mean we support the club any less than you do , I want us to be a force in the land again and not grubbing about the relegation area year after year . I will keep moaning about the standards at ER until things improve then i can retire gracefully :greengrin , honest.

hibbymac
25-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Yes we are.

smurf
25-02-2012, 10:24 AM

I wasn't in attendance on Wednesday but I hear the club was well supported?

Also, I and many others, bought season tickets again this year in more numbers than any other club in Scotland outwith Celtc, Rangers and Hearts.

And yet again our club is struggling to stay in the division.

Absolute nonsense, to suggest it is running the club down, if others question why we yet again find ourselves in such a predicament.

And this growing tendency, from certain quarters, to subtly apportion blame towards other supporters is ridiculous.

BEEJ
25-02-2012, 10:38 AM
In any thread of this type the majority of the negative posts will be valid comments from Hibs supporters who are genuinely concerned about the plight of their club.

But there will also usually be one or two negative posts that you suspect could be coming from our friends of the pink persuasion, revelling in their schadenfreude and gently stirring things up on here.

The nature of the beast is such that it can be hard to tell them apart.

Therein lies the main reason why Hibs supporters so often get at one another's throats on .net. Job done for the interlopers. :wink:

Mikey
25-02-2012, 10:51 AM
And this growing tendency, from certain quarters, to subtly apportion blame towards other supporters is ridiculous.

Ah. That old chestnut again :greengrin

smurf
25-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Ah. That old chestnut again :greengrin

I listened to one season ticket holder blame another fan who didn't renew this season....

There's some truth in that, but the reality is with our season ticket base THIS season, even allowing for those staying away there's no excuse or justification for us battling RELEGATION AGAIN.

But it suggest to me the board spin and those like your good self are having an element of success in creating such debate...

And an interesting debate it is but IMHO it avoids the fundamentals of why we are so poor. Because there is no correlation between season ticket numbers and performance with our club.

Because if there was we would be 4th!

Mikey
25-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I listened to one season ticket holder blame another fan who didn't renew this season....

There's some truth in that, but the reality is with our season ticket base THIS season, even allowing for those staying away there's no excuse or justification for us battling RELEGATION AGAIN.

But it suggest to me the board spin and those like your good self are having an element of success in creating such debate...

And an interesting debate it is but IMHO it avoids the fundamentals of why we are so poor. Because there is no correlation between season ticket numbers and performance with our club.

Because if there was we would be 4th!

This particular thread isn't about season tickets, it's about people running the club down every day. Repeatedly. If you say it often enough I guess it becomes true. You know....... FACT.

There's a decent argument for putting the league position and performances to one side and actually getting behind the players. Repeatedly saying that they're not good enough, not trying hard enough and going to be relegated isn't getting behind the players.

smurf
25-02-2012, 11:27 AM
This particular thread isn't about season tickets, it's about people running the club down every day. Repeatedly. If you say it often enough I guess it becomes true. You know....... FACT.

There's a decent argument for putting the league position and performances to one side and actually getting behind the players. Repeatedly saying that they're not good enough, not trying hard enough and going to be relegated isn't getting behind the players.

Most I know are getting behind the team and players and supporting the club. That's my point!

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2012, 11:34 AM

My opinion, Mikey, for what's it worth, is that the conversations that take place on forums such as this are entirely distinct from the backing of the team at matches. With the season we're having, it's only natural that the general mood on the forums is going to be downbeat. Nobody is happy with the way things are. Forums are about discussion and opinion away from the match. At the match it's the fans' duty to give the team every encouragement, especially so when times are tough. I don't like to hear people badmouthing their own from the stands. After the match, whether it's down the pub or on a fans' forum, a sensible discussion of the reality of our situation is to be encouraged. If anybody has something they want to get off their chest, go ahead. That's the whole point of these forums: honest opinions debated between people who are ultimately on the same side and want their team to do well.

BSEJVT
25-02-2012, 03:51 PM

So is it the case that anyone who doesnt blindly support the club, can only see the good and never raises any concerns or comments about things that concern them about the club is unwelcome on this forum.

A dull place without debate it will be.

I seem to recall a certain European country taking that approach with it citizens in the 30's & 40's and that didnt turn out to well IIRC.

So supporters standing up didnt prevent us sharing some souless tip in Straiton.

BTW please dont moralise to me about what it is to support Hibs. I have done so for very nearly 50 years and doubt I have been as concerned as I am now about anything relating to the club in that time (FTB excepted) as I am now.

Relegation would be utterly disastrous for us in the current climate and in the face of the growing disenchantment with Scottish Football virtually all teams in Scotland are experiencing.

Mikey
25-02-2012, 04:25 PM
So is it the case that anyone who doesnt blindly support the club, can only see the good and never raises any concerns or comments about things that concern them about the club is unwelcome on this forum.

A dull place without debate it will be.

I seem to recall a certain European country taking that approach with it citizens in the 30's & 40's and that didnt turn out to well IIRC.

So supporters standing up didnt prevent us sharing some souless tip in Straiton.

BTW please dont moralise to me about what it is to support Hibs. I have done so for very nearly 50 years and doubt I have been as concerned as I am now about anything relating to the club in that time (FTB excepted) as I am now.

Relegation would be utterly disastrous for us in the current climate and in the face of the growing disenchantment with Scottish Football virtually all teams in Scotland are experiencing.

Aye, really.

ALF TUPPER
25-02-2012, 04:54 PM

I'm not a happy clapper , nor amI in denial but do see the Hibees dragging ourselves out of this .

Well done the Hibbys 1-3 ........

Win by more than 1 goal. Could have been more. Does that count as a hammering ? ( Probably not . But hey - we'll take it !.)

BSEJVT
25-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Aye, really.

Aye really what?

Mikey
25-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Aye really what?

We've seen all the Nazi Germany jibes before. The fact is, if it was like Nazi Germany on here, there are an awful lot of people who wouldn't have the opportunity to "debate".

The point still stands. Talking down the club at every opportunity does no good. You won't find an example of it being stopped though.

marinello59
25-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Right on there , just what is the master plan that ensures that we do not have to endure another season like this ?, i personally don't think there is one as why was it not implemented in the last close season ?. We have staggered from one crisis to another and we were only saved last season by some panic buys which papered over the cracks but the powers that be thought that was the problem solved !, shows you how much they know. Someone must be accountable for this shambles that is happening year on year and and you know what the common denominator is ?.

Tam McCourt. The evil *******. :agree:

If, and it's still an if, Pat Fenlon saves us this year I expect to see him fully backed in the summer transfer window. That may mean securing some of the current loan signings on permanent deals rather than a flood of new arrivals but after showing a willingness to back the wrong man last year it would be truly bizzarre if PF didn't get the resources he needs to build something memorable. (Hopefully for the right reasons. :greengrin)

marinello59
25-02-2012, 05:18 PM
We've seen all the Nazi Germany jibes before. The fact is, if it was like Nazi Germany on here, there are an awful lot of people who wouldn't have the opportunity to "debate".

The point still stands. Talking down the club at every opportunity does no good. You won't find an example of it being stopped though.

Sorry to hijack the thread but are you alright for the Admin night out at the Bier Keller tonight? Max Mosely says the party is on. :thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
25-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but are you alright for the Admin night out at the Bier Keller tonight? Max Mosely says the party is on. :thumbsup:

:faf:

Littlest Hobo
25-02-2012, 05:33 PM
How come we didn't hear from Kenny today?? GIRFUY

hibbymac
25-02-2012, 05:38 PM
How come we didn't hear from Kenny today?? GIRFUY

Too busy with his new stopwatch and calculator.

matty_f
25-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Was today another example of how much more fight Dunfermline have than us?:rolleyes:

BSEJVT
25-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Fair do's

Some posters do, others dont and just want to debate honestly held views / fears about our future.

I just felt you were being unnecessarily dismissive to the OP and condescending in your earlier responses.

I wouldnt like to feel intimidated into not raising deeply held concerns.

Like most folk on here I want what's best for Hibs, we just may have different views on how to achieve it.

Maybe as a now irregular poster I dont see the same level of undermining the club more regular posters do.

I am also not the witchfinder general:greengrin

GGTTH

madabouthibs
25-02-2012, 11:42 PM
One good win and we're all upbeat and bouncy again. :greengrin
We are a much better team than Dunfermline.
As for their fighting spirit? We'll counter that with ability.

Fenlon has signed some great players in the window as far as I'm concerned, he's pretty much covered every position we needed.
I bet Jim McIntyre was cursing when he seen the players we'd signed. :agree:
If we can keep Paddy we'll be challenging for Europe next season, IMHO. :not worth

Keep the peckers up folks! :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2012, 08:53 AM
One good win and we're all upbeat and bouncy again. :greengrin
We are a much better team than Dunfermline.
As for their fighting spirit? We'll counter that with ability.

Fenlon has signed some great players in the window as far as I'm concerned, he's pretty much covered every position we needed.
I bet Jim McIntyre was cursing when he seen the players we'd signed. :agree:
If we can keep Paddy we'll be challenging for Europe next season, IMHO. :not worth

Keep the peckers up folks! :flag:

You're absolutely right, one good win and the mood changes. Reading through the threads this morning, there is clearly a more positive tone. The mood has been bleak for the majority of the season, but it can change quickly; game to game when we're in a relegation battle.

smurf
26-02-2012, 11:55 AM
There's no doubt that this is a much stronger Hibs side after the January transfer window than the one before it. The manager and board deserve credit for achieving that.

The signs are good. A good home win v Killie in the cup. A solid performance in drawing at home v Aberdeen. An off day and concerning day at home to Celtc where we doubted if our raised hopes were illfounded... Then by all accounts a good performance v Motherwell scoring three away goals then a similar feat in defeating Killie.

There should now be momentum and confidence in the side. At home to St Mirren on Saturday we should all be going into it with confidence. A good home win then a trip to Ayr.

I see no reason why we shouldn't relish the remainder of this season. I actually think this new team could surprise a few. We are running out of games for this team to achieve the position it should be in but the cup is a different kettle of fish!

We do what we should be and Dunfermline will be irrelevant...