PDA

View Full Version : It does my head in all this nonsense about being too young

stubble
24-02-2012, 11:14 AM
How many times have we heard it: "If you're good enough, you're not too young!"
How old was George Best when he broke into Manchester United's first team.......16/17? How about Ryan Giggs....16/17?
So, please spare me the constant bleating of...he's still learning; he's still young; he needs to gain experience before he does the business! I'm interested only in players being good enough for my team...end of! Blow me, our so-called youngsters have long departed their teens and yet many choose to excuse them their dire performances because of their age!!
If a player's good enough to run and harry and chase and have a sense of awareness of his team mates and tactics, then age is utterly irrelevant. Ship them out if they want experience, don't put them in and then bleat "they need time". **** me. we are in a relegation battle, not an after-school club! Maybe this really is a reflection of changing times....a molly cuddled,pampered generation in need of good old national service...Aye, 2 years in the army, where growing up and being responsible is rammed home daily.
:cb

hibbymac
24-02-2012, 11:19 AM
How many times have we heard it: "If you're good enough, you're not too young!"
How old was George Best when he broke into Manchester United's first team.......16/17? How about Ryan Giggs....16/17?
So, please spare me the constant bleating of...he's still learning; he's still young; he needs to gain experience before he does the business! I'm interested only in players being good enough for my team...end of! Blow me, our so-called youngsters have long departed their teens and yet many choose to excuse them their dire performances because of their age!!
If a player's good enough to run and harry and chase and have a sense of awareness of his team mates and tactics, then age is utterly irrelevant. Ship them out if they want experience, don't put them in and then bleat "they need time". **** me. we are in a relegation battle, not an after-school club! Maybe this really is a reflection of changing times....a molly cuddled,pampered generation in need of good old national service...Aye, 2 years in the army, where growing up and being responsible is rammed home daily.
:cb

No thanks and ehh, no thanks.

soupy
24-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Haha, thread titles about never being too young and check what's highlighted, well made me laugh anyway :-)