PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor's drugs charge causing 'contractual difficulties'

H18sry
23-02-2012, 02:52 PM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/298780-footballer-garry-oconnors-drugs-charge-causing-contractual-difficulties/

Is that with us or potential new clubs?

ShanksSaidNo
23-02-2012, 02:58 PM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/298780-footballer-garry-oconnors-drugs-charge-causing-contractual-difficulties/

If you read the article it states that it is causing 'contractual difficulties' with his employer. Could it be anymore clean cut?

Wheat Hound
23-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Being represented by Paul McBride QC as well. I wouldn't have thought he would have wanted to so publicly associate himself with a player from an IRA glorifying club..............oh, wait a minute..........

I think that GOC's form of the last few months would be more likely to cause him contractual difficulties. I wouldn't be unhappy if he were to leave at the end of the season. He was terrible last night and LG was forced to do the running and work of 2 strikers. GOC must have had about 10 shots at goal during the warm up and 8-9 were ballooned well over the bar.

DH1875
23-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Don't know about that. If he keeps playing like last night he could have a few difficulties.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 06:38 PM
The "contractual difficulties" are actually with Greggs The Bakers.

Garry has recently been eating them out of house and home and they are not happy. :agree:

Coco Bryce
23-02-2012, 07:01 PM
The "contractual difficulties" are actually with Greggs The Bakers.

Garry has recently been eating them out of house and home and they are not happy. :agree:

Garry Lavety

truehibernian
23-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Garry Lavety

Nearly spat my coffee out there.....sadly I think that nickname will stick. That post put a wee smile on my face bud, thank you.

Pretty Boy
23-02-2012, 07:27 PM

WeAreHibs
23-02-2012, 07:33 PM

:eek:

Sent from my HTC Sensation using TapAtalk

Famous5forever
23-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Being represented by Paul McBride QC as well. I wouldn't have thought he would have wanted to so publicly associate himself with a player from an IRA glorifying club..............oh, wait a minute..........

I think that GOC's form of the last few months would be more likely to cause him contractual difficulties. I wouldn't be unhappy if he were to leave at the end of the season. He was terrible last night and LG was forced to do the running and work of 2 strikers. GOC must have had about 10 shots at goal during the warm up and 8-9 were ballooned well over the bar.

He is still our top goal scorer this season he needs our support not abuse we need to understand what GOC Is going through right now Fraud and a Drugs Trial how would you feel.

Lets just lay off GOC He has done a lot for our club and is a guid Hibee too boot.

Allant1981
23-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Last night was the 1st game ive been to in a while and i couldnt believe how chunky he has got. He is never going to be built like a skelf but he really needs to do something about his weight. If i had been PF last night i wouldnt have played him. His mind is clearly on other things just now which is understandable but doesnt help us win games

Wheat Hound
23-02-2012, 09:43 PM
He is still our top goal scorer this season he needs our support not abuse we need to understand what GOC Is going through right now Fraud and a Drugs Trial how would you feel.

Lets just lay off GOC He has done a lot for our club and is a guid Hibee too boot.

Yep, I agree to an extent in that GOC has played a lot of good games for our club and he is a large part (no pun intended) of the reason we are not completely stranded at the bottom of the league as his goals in the first 3-4 months were very valuable. However, the criminal trials, without pre-judging him too much, have been largely brought on by his own stupidity and arrogance. Instead of realising how big a break he has been given at Hibs given that no other clubs would touch him with a barge pole at the moment, he gives the distinct impression of not giving a flying one, backed up by his weight gain.

I would love nothing more then for GOC to turn things around and fire us to safety but we cannot afford passengers, as he was last night, if we are to avoid the drop.

chrisski33
23-02-2012, 10:10 PM

The fraud and drug trial is his own doing so bo sympathy for him!

SMAXXA
23-02-2012, 10:10 PM
He said: "He has instructed Mr McBride QC. He is paying him privately. Mr McBride is today engaged in a high court first DIET hearing which has been called at short notice.

Subliminal messages anyone? Haha

Saorsa
23-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Garry Lavety:hilarious

Dalianwanda
23-02-2012, 10:42 PM
The fraud and drug trial is his own doing so bo sympathy for him!

Exactly

ScottB
23-02-2012, 11:34 PM

He's an adult, not a 17 year old kid. He's made his own mistakes and must pay for them.

All that aside, if he can't keep himself fit and in shape for his club ('good' Hibee or not) it is an insult to those who turn up every week to pay good money to watch him blow out his ass for however long he staggers about the pitch.

spike220
24-02-2012, 01:01 AM
We need GOC between now and the end of the season, he has been injured (toe) and suffered through lack of training and match fitness and sharpness. PF will be hoping to play him into some kind of form and they will be manganging his training to improve his fitness without risking injury. He has put on a little weight but he is never going to be a small guy. We hear compliants when we recruit dwarfs, and any coach will tell you the bigger palyers in particular need to be nursed back carefully.

The guy almost single handedly kept us in the fight with his contribution at the begining of the season. There is a hell of player in there and I have said before certianly one of the best in the SPL. I wont hear a word aginst him and shame on those who slag him off on here.

Phil MaGlass
24-02-2012, 07:06 AM
We need GOC between now and the end of the season, he has been injured (toe) and suffered through lack of training and match fitness and sharpness. PF will be hoping to play him into some kind of form and they will be manganging his training to improve his fitness without risking injury. He has put on a little weight but he is never going to be a small guy. We hear compliants when we recruit dwarfs, and any coach will tell you the bigger palyers in particular need to be nursed back carefully.

The guy almost single handedly kept us in the fight with his contribution at the begining of the season. There is a hell of player in there and I have said before certianly one of the best in the SPL. I wont hear a word aginst him and shame on those who slag him off on here.

hear hear

The Voice Of Reason
24-02-2012, 07:34 AM

Hear what you are saying Spike, but folk are just having a bit of light hearted fun. He has our support, simple as. (Thumbs Up Smiley)

steakbake
24-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I wonder if his contract specifies that he will get a certain number of games?

He looks disinterested. Perhaps his lack of form is because he doesn't want to play.

There's times I can't believe he's been selected. Great start to the season but I'm not sure the fall from grace has been worth it.