PDA

View Full Version : fenlons substitutions last night

mixuok
23-02-2012, 02:07 PM
:confused: how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park. had fenlon gave up on the game ? :confused:

Hibees07
23-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Let's hope he got the message loud & clear by the booing. Nothing like peeing off an already peed off support.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Aye, he did it because he'd given up on the game and wanted to piss the fans off.

This place is unbelievable by the way.

stubble
23-02-2012, 07:17 PM
:confused: how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park. :confused:

With time running out, Fenlon knew that O'Connor would have taken at least 20 minutes to get off the pitch with all that lard on his hips. Quicker to take others off and give ourselves an outside chance of retrieving the game:cb

keep the faith
23-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Aye, he did it because he'd given up on the game and wanted to piss the fans off.

This place is unbelievable by the way.

It certainly is.

HibbyRod
23-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I must admit I could not understand taking off Griffiths, who I would say was our best performer in an attacking capacity, and leaving O'Connor on? Sproule was also contributing virtually nothing, and he stayed on too (yes, I know he grabbed a goal, but he was ineffectual for 90% of his time on the pitch.) :confused:

Even my 11-year-old grandson felt exactly the same, and was astonished along with the vast majority of the Hibs fans - who made their feelings known loud and clear about Griffiths being hooked.

There again we're not professional football managers, and the management team are suppopsed to know best. Perhaps there were extenuating reasons for their decision.......Hope so! :greengrin

Hibees07
23-02-2012, 07:36 PM
A blind man could see Griffiths was the most dangerous player in our team. If it was due to injury fair do's but as a tactical move, pure genius!.

The Fenlon love in is unbelievable on this board.

Yes I want him to succeed, desperately, but to assume he is squeaky clean in all he say's & does is laughable.

Bringing on Jimmy Scott was an even worse decision.

Andy74
24-02-2012, 09:15 AM
In the Scotsman this morning that Griffiths had a foot problem that forced him off.

Any apologies form the whingers and booers who made their judgements without any facts?

ac1
24-02-2012, 09:20 AM
In the Scotsman this morning that Griffiths had a foot problem that forced him off.

Any apologies form the whingers and booers who made their judgements without any facts?

Even if Griffiths had a broken foot he would probably have still been better than O'Connor was on Wednesday night......

Septimus
24-02-2012, 09:22 AM
This stupid booing has to stop. Were they booing the manager, the player coming off or the player going on? Guaranteed to create an atmosphere conducive to that bit of extra effort from the team.

All Hibs supporters are frustrated right now but surely support from so called supporters does not include booing.

marinello59
24-02-2012, 09:50 AM

I wouldn't hold your breath.

JimBHibees
24-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Let's hope he got the message loud & clear by the booing. Nothing like peeing off an already peed off support.

Yeh lets hope a professional manager who has experience over years of being able to do the job, who sees the players training every day and knows the fitness level of all the players listens to moaning erses in the Hibs support instead of making his own decisions. Genuis.

IndieHibby
24-02-2012, 10:08 AM
A blind man could see Griffiths was the most dangerous player in our team. If it was due to injury fair do's but as a tactical move, pure genius!.

The Fenlon love in is unbelievable on this board.

Yes I want him to succeed, desperately, but to assume he is squeaky clean in all he say's & does is laughable.

Bringing on Jimmy Scott was an even worse decision.

It turn's out it was "fair-do's" - he was injured/knackered (after spending an hour being our 'most dangerous player', hardly surprising)

However, what's not fair-do's is the fact that, now this information is available, you cannot 'take the boo's back' (not saying you boo'ed, obviously, but you get my point).

So Fenlon, our recently appointed manager with a good track record, who seems to have a good philosophy on management and has proven he has the ability to attract players to our club who improve our squad, has had the majority of his *cough* supporters *cough* booing the entire club, because he had no means to explain the reason for his substitution at the time.

If that's what supporters are for, then I cannot call myself a supporter.

And that's what's wrong with some of the supporters at Easter Road at the moment.

GreenCastle
24-02-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120224/fenlon-on-rugby-park-challenge_2262950_2622359

Fenlon saying LG had a foot injury - that's why he came off :aok:

He was our best player the other night so hope he is fit to play :agree:

silverhibee
24-02-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120224/fenlon-on-rugby-park-challenge_2262950_2622359

Fenlon saying LG had a foot injury - that's why he came off :aok:

He was our best player the other night so hope he is fit to play :agree:

Sure Sparky had signalled to the bench that he was struggling and needed to come of.

Lets hope it is not to serious and he is fit for the weekend. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2012, 01:40 PM
It turn's out it was "fair-do's" - he was injured/knackered (after spending an hour being our 'most dangerous player', hardly surprising)

However, what's not fair-do's is the fact that, now this information is available, you cannot 'take the boo's back' (not saying you boo'ed, obviously, but you get my point).

So Fenlon, our recently appointed manager with a good track record, who seems to have a good philosophy on management and has proven he has the ability to attract players to our club who improve our squad, has had the majority of his *cough* supporters *cough* booing the entire club, because he had no means to explain the reason for his substitution at the time.

If that's what supporters are for, then I cannot call myself a supporter.

And that's what's wrong with some of the supporters at Easter Road at the moment.

Good post, I was perplexed at the time with the substitution, but to roundly boo the manager was wrong, especially now that the full facts regarding the situation are known.....

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Sure Sparky had signalled to the bench that he was struggling and needed to come of.

Lets hope it is not to serious and he is fit for the weekend. :agree:

:agree::agree::agree:

Nando™
24-02-2012, 01:50 PM
The good thing is that the manager did have a sane-minded reason for taking him off, and he'll know that the fans would not have booed if they knew he was injured. Therefore, the booing will not have affected him in anyway. No damage done (hopefully).

Hope Griffiths is fit for Killie :flag:

Hibees07
24-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Nope, depends whether the story is true or not. I'm pretty sure any injury would have been reported prior to today particularly with the reaction of the fans on the night. Obviously some people want to believe all the tripe that gets spoken by players, managers etc, whilst others take it with a pinch of salt.

JimBHibees
24-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Nope, depends whether the story is true or not. I'm pretty sure any injury would have been reported prior to today particularly with the reaction of the fans on the night. Obviously some people want to believe all the tripe that gets spoken by players, managers etc, whilst others take it with a pinch of salt.

Jeez you will not let go will you. You were wrong to boo, get over it.

Hibercelona
24-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Jeez you will not let go will you. You were wrong to boo, get over it.

:agree:

GreenCastle
24-02-2012, 02:52 PM

:confused:

Did he have to be taken off on a stretcher to show that he was injured ?

Felon is being more than honest here saying LG was injured and doesn't even need to say that - all it would need now is a Killie player to tackle him 1st minute and LG could be out for the rest of the action tomorrow.

matty_f
24-02-2012, 02:59 PM

FFS. :rolleyes:

hibeemikey21
24-02-2012, 03:39 PM
:confused: how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park. had fenlon gave up on the game ? :confused:

Injury to Griffiths or not, just review what happened after the change:

They came off in the 81st minute.

Sproule pulled one back in the 85th.

We then kept the pressure up until the end, looking for the equaliser. In retrospect, one could argue that it turned out to be a good tactical move.

Keep the faith, Fenlon is not a mug.