PDA

View Full Version : Yams Beattie confirmed until the end of the season.

HibeeHendo
23-02-2012, 02:03 PM
How the hell can they afford him!? Not a bad signing but he's never been prolific at any of his clubs.

Diclonius
23-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Vlad is just taking the piss now. I really thought they couldn't do this any more. I hope they ****ing die.

Judas Iscariot
23-02-2012, 02:21 PM
He's ****ing awful..

Big deal

bingo70
23-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Always injured, when he does play never scores and will no doubt be on a decent wedge.

I don't think this is a good signing for them at all

scott7_0(Prague)
23-02-2012, 03:04 PM
How the hell can they afford him!? Not a bad signing but he's never been prolific at any of his clubs.

Not bad.. are you really saying that :-).

50games with Celtic in 4years and 13goals - not prolific.

Total career games - 180games over 8 years
Total career goals - 31goals

as a career, that's an average of 22 games a season and just under 4 goals a season.

oh and 10assists.

HibeeHendo
23-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Not bad.. are you really saying that :-).

50games with Celtic in 4years and 13goals - not prolific.

Total career games - 180games over 8 years
Total career goals - 31goals

as a career, that's an average of 22 games a season and just under 4 goals a season.

oh and 10assists.

They could maybe do worse haha..... I don't get why they would send John Sutton away on loan and bring in someone who by statistically is a worse player.

Golden Bear
23-02-2012, 03:27 PM
They could maybe do worse haha..... I don't get why they would send John Sutton away on loan and bring in someone who by statistically is a worse player.

:agree:

Only at Hearts!

Hibs7
23-02-2012, 03:35 PM
****ers of the highest order, hope he gets injured in the first game and is out for weeks, that would be so so funny.

EK_Hibs
23-02-2012, 09:12 PM

That was my initial thought, But according to the EEN it's because Sergio wants a lone striker to have pace as well as a physical presence. Sutton runs as if he has a grand piano tied to his back so he only ticked one of those boxes.

Time will tell with Beattie, Potentially quite good in the SPL but he's also a bit injury prone too.

Sylar
23-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I simply can't understand either a) where the money is coming from or b) what the alternative payment that Beattie agreed to was.

A decent prospect and I doubt he'd be facing some of the critical posts if it had been us he had signed with.

Willing to bet he'll finish the season on more than most of our strikers and as "crap" as he's being labelled on here, karma then suggests he's almost a certainty to bag a double against us next time we meet!

EK_Hibs
23-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I simply can't understand either a) where the money is coming from

The Madfud kind of hinted at a U-Turn last month didn't he...
I would imagine he'll be loving all the poo that's hitting the fan at Rangers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16587999

The Baldmans Comb
23-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I simply can't understand either a) where the money is coming from or b) what the alternative payment that Beattie agreed to was.

A decent prospect and I doubt he'd be facing some of the critical posts if it had been us he had signed with.

Willing to bet he'll finish the season on more than most of our strikers and as "crap" as he's being labelled on here, karma then suggests he's almost a certainty to bag a double against us next time we meet!

It's not that difficult to understand as the money comes from Vlad and him alone via his bank and obviously he has had a small change of mind and agreed to fund the club just a little bit longer. He smells some outside chance of the CL as it's not impossible they can catch Motherwell and Rangers.

It's still pretty unlikely but he obviously thinks it's worth a small punt.

BEEJ
23-02-2012, 10:59 PM
It's not that difficult to understand as the money comes from Vlad and him alone via his bank and obviously he has had a small change of mind and agreed to fund the club just a little bit longer. He smells some outside chance of the CL as it's not impossible they can catch Motherwell and Rangers.

He will also be delighted at the events unfolding in Govan and will be scrutinising them closely.

Any 'advantage' that is given to the Huns at any stage of the proceedings will then be seized upon by the Yams if and when they follow the same route.

Hibs On Tour
24-02-2012, 05:24 PM

If Rangers can't get their **** in order by end of March they won't have to catch them. They'll miss out on whatever place they would have got from their league placing and it'd surely drop down to the next team in line, no?...

Hibs On Tour
24-02-2012, 05:25 PM
He will also be delighted at the events unfolding in Govan and will be scrutinising them closely.

Any 'advantage' that is given to the Huns at any stage of the proceedings will then be seized upon by the Yams if and when they follow the same route.

He'll be hoping for 2 things: that Rangers do end up folding and restarting as a 'new' club and that the SPL bend their rules to allow them to stay in the SPL instead of starting off from the bottom rung. Because that would then be his way out...

heidtheba
24-02-2012, 05:56 PM

this!

Stevo1875
24-02-2012, 06:14 PM
He'll be hoping for 2 things: that Rangers do end up folding and restarting as a 'new' club and that the SPL bend their rules to allow them to stay in the SPL instead of starting off from the bottom rung. Because that would then be his way out...

I didn't think there could be a positive in Rangers joining the league like that.... quite possibly the perfect scenario though?! :lolyam:

It will take him a while to get match fit - IF he can - and by then it will be the split so i don't expect he'll do us any harm. It appears we are into self harming right now anyway so he'll have to get in line to grab headlines against us!!

Bostonhibby
25-02-2012, 08:56 AM

He has accepted a down payment of a camel immediately, all the turf he can carry at the end of the season and a season long boys holiday wi Thomson in Kaunus.

If he stays clear of injury he could do a job or them but frankly you have got to wonder how many other offers he had if he landed up at the wages roulette wheel that is Tiny.

BEEJ
25-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Sergio seems none to impressed with 'his' latest signing.

Eastern European winter transfer windows will be closing next week. I wonder if someone like Zaliukas could be away back east for a fee and signing Beattie is to soften the blow of this imminent departure. :hmmm:

Since90+2
25-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Their 15 points behind Rangers , absolutely nae chance they will be catching them.