PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets 12/13

KeithTheHibby
23-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Well?

Anyone heard?

The club must be it to release any news at the moment....

TornadoHibby
23-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Well?

Anyone heard?

The club must be it to release any news at the moment....

Realistically, how would they price ST's for the coming season when they don't know which league Hibs will be playing in and what marketing angle would be good right now to persuade those "sitting on the fence" at the moment to buy one now when the uncertainty is very unsettling to say the least?! :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 11:56 AM
i would be totally amazed if the club did not already have a plan A(spl) price list...and a plan B(sfl) price list

KeithTheHibby
23-02-2012, 11:59 AM
It could be May before we know what division we are in, can the club afford to wait until then before announcing?

By that time they have lost (as per last year) 3/11'ths of season tickets bought on the interest free payment plan?

I actually don't think they are in any position to increase them for any part of the stadium. I would expect to see a price freeze regardless of what division we are likely to be in.

TornadoHibby
23-02-2012, 11:59 AM
i would be totally amazed if the club did not already have a plan A(spl) price list...and a plan B(sfl) price list

I'm pretty sure that they will have with different player and operating cost budgets for each as well but I doubt if they will invite us to subscribe for new ST's when they aren't able to give a firm alternative that can be delivered nor can they risk pushing supporters at a time when the uncertainty over 2012/13 for Hibs is presently deafening and very real! :wink:

Saorsa
23-02-2012, 12:02 PM
i would be totally amazed if the club did not already have a plan A(spl) price list...and a plan B(sfl) price listAye but when can they start selling them if they diinae ken which one they are going tae be selling? I bought mine in March last year.

Kojock
23-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Next season is the last for my three year season deal. Wonder if I will get a rebate if we get relegated.

hibee_girl
23-02-2012, 12:07 PM

That's no good for the folk, like me, who want to use the payment plan again.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Aye but when can they start selling them if they diinae ken which one they are going tae be selling? I bought mine in March last year.

i blame you guys for heaping pressure on the club at this time :greengrin but seriously, i've never ever had a season ticket j :( i'm one of those that prefer to keep the club ticking over by donating to them every so often :greengrin

duffers
23-02-2012, 12:10 PM
It could be May before we know what division we are in, can the club afford to wait until then before announcing?

By that time they have lost (as per last year) 3/11'ths of season tickets bought on the interest free payment plan?

I actually don't think they are in any position to increase them for any part of the stadium. I would expect to see a price freeze regardless of what division we are likely to be in.

I for one, wouldn't be willing to pay over £400 again to watch us in the first division

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 12:11 PM
That's no good for the folk, like me, who want to use the payment plan again.

that's true sorry, imo their should actually be a reduction in ST prices for next season irrespective of what league we will be in :agree:

Saorsa
23-02-2012, 12:14 PM
i blame you guys for heaping pressure on the club at this time :greengrin but seriously, i've never ever had a season ticket j :( i'm one of those that prefer to keep the club ticking over by donating to them every so often :greengrinI'm in nae hurry tae heap anything this time :greengrin

Thecat23
23-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Hibs really need to drop the price of the season tickets if they actually want fans to come back. Aren't they are also charging the highest in the league for food and drinks? They need to re-think how to build a fan base and start being realistic.

Also i was chatting to a couple of boys in the pub on sunday night and they were refussed tickets as they aren't on the date base. Now as much as i think it's good to have folk on it they were saying loads had been turned away. Get back to walking up to the gate and paying like it used to be. There was never much of an issue surely doing it this way??

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm in nae hurry tae heap anything this time :greengrin

i suspect your not alone j :agree:

Diclonius
23-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Even if we stay up next season, ST prices should be halved.

I am not paying to fill the board's pockets and maybe fund a couple second rate loan signings.

fatbloke
23-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Well?

Anyone heard?

The club must be *****ting it to release any news at the moment....

Mibby they are not going to sell seasons next season:greengrin

ruthven_raiders
23-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Mibby they are not going to sell seasons next season:greengrin

You could be right there;) they could just let everyone use this seasons ticket card which reserves your seat for next season where u can upto the day before purchase your seat, then if you don't they release it for day of game, means they will get a constant amount of money rather than a lot before start of season, I paid by installment plan as many did do they got a constant flow of cash. So maybe better idea of a membership scheme where this is incorporated.

fatbloke
23-02-2012, 02:03 PM
You could be right there;) they could just let everyone use this seasons ticket card which reserves your seat for next season where u can upto the day before purchase your seat, then if you don't they release it for day of game, means they will get a constant amount of money rather than a lot before start of season, I paid by installment plan as many did do they got a constant flow of cash. So maybe better idea of a membership scheme where this is incorporated.

:thumbsup::agree:

ruthven_raiders
23-02-2012, 02:29 PM
:thumbsup::agree:

That way if we do end up in 1st division at least you can keep your seat for when we go back up! That way encourages people to stay in the habit of having a season ticket, otherwise of the nightmare happens then who will pay £800 as I do for family membership at the moment certainly would t renew if they get relegated but a scheme as mentioned above would encourage me to at least keep going sometimes during next season

JennaFletcher
23-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Out of curiosity, how much do season tickets in the SFL roughly cost??

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Dearest at Ayr United are £220
Falkirk £245 to £330

Jamesie
23-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Just purely out of interest, I wonder if the club have had any cancelled direct debit instructions this year and are having to pursue fans for sums outstanding?

3pm
23-02-2012, 05:59 PM

There would be some speech about SPL prices for an SPL. Ironic that we pay SPL prices for a 1st division team already

DH1875
23-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I for one, wouldn't be willing to pay over £400 again to watch us in the first division

Their off their nut if they think people will pay £400 for the privilege to watch first division football. It ain't even worth it for the SPL, especially bottom 6 fixtures.

Dearest at Ayr United are £220
Falkirk £245 to £330

£330 to watch Falkirk :shocked:, life's no bad after all.

Partick Thistle is £260 for adults and £30 for kids which is quite strange as under 16's get in for free at the gate.
Ross County is only £182 for adults and free for under 12's, £20 for under 16's.

Just to put things into perspective, a season ticket for Motherwell in that tin pot shed that had the cracking atmosphere coming out it :rolleyes: was only £270 for adults at the start of the season.

Dunfermline are doing tickets for the relegation fight ahead at £80 for adults and £20 for under 12's for their last 6 home games.

Our board could learn a thing or two about prices.

smurf
23-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Regardless to whatever division we are going to be in (and how hugely embarrassing that that's an issue) the club needs a major rethink on their season ticket direction to entice folk to renew.

Sunny1875
24-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Well?

Anyone heard?

The club must be *****ting it to release any news at the moment....

I heard we have not mortgaged them for the next 3 seasons, if that helps

Steve-O
24-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Hibs really need to drop the price of the season tickets if they actually want fans to come back. Aren't they are also charging the highest in the league for food and drinks? They need to re-think how to build a fan base and start being realistic.

Also i was chatting to a couple of boys in the pub on sunday night and they were refussed tickets as they aren't on the date base. Now as much as i think it's good to have folk on it they were saying loads had been turned away. Get back to walking up to the gate and paying like it used to be. There was never much of an issue surely doing it this way??

It's a piece of nonsense to be honest.

The way crowds are across the SPL just now, the chances of 'bother' caused by away fans buying tickets in the home end is surely minimal? And what exactly do we pay Police and Stewards for? Oh I forgot, to stand about in the corners of the stadium doing nowt and telling folk to sit doon.

HibbyAndy
24-02-2012, 09:00 PM

I said exactly the same on here a year or so ago..Had mates over from Ireland ( 26 to be exact) And each and everyone was turned away because they were not on the data base..This is absolute disgusting when Easter rd is 3 quarters empty week in week out, How the hell does this make sense???.

How many tourists do we turn away every other week cause they are not on the database?..Poor poor show.

HH81
24-02-2012, 09:04 PM
They would only have been refused tickets for a CAT A game :confused:

I agree though, why not have a neturals section on Cat A games? Fulham do it as I was it in once with a Newcastle fan.

HibbyAndy
24-02-2012, 09:07 PM
They would only have been refused tickets for a CAT A game :confused:

I agree though, why not have a neturals section on Cat A games? Fulham do it as I was it in once with a Newcastle fan.

Even CAT A games are nae where near sellouts.

HH81
24-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Even CAT A games are nae where near sellouts.

Correct, I think the police have something to do with this database nonsence.

With a neturals section you can have it maybe last section if west lower and you have to show some id before you get a ticket for this section. etc.

HibbyAndy
24-02-2012, 09:16 PM

With a neturals section you can have it maybe last section if west lower and you have to show some id before you get a ticket for this section. etc.

:agree:

Bottom line is mate Hibs are turning away supporters as if we sold out easter rd every week.

New supporters mean spending more in the club shop, More pies bovrils, half time hibby draw etc...Bringing a friend along...You name it, We ask ourselves every week how 'we can do more'..Ive got an idea, Start letting fans into empty stadiums?

S.sct
25-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I would totally scrap this database nonsense.....The club really need to think hard about how to get punters back to the games. Anything that puts up barriers to get into a game.....bin.

The cost of ST's need to be based on what we are watching, maybe it should go on previous season's performance....

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 07:12 PM
This the result and performance the marketing people have been waiting for...........................Season Ticket news on Monday? :greengrin

greenlex
25-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I would totally scrap this database nonsense.....The club really need to think hard about how to get punters back to the games. Anything that puts up barriers to get into a game.....bin.

The cost of ST's need to be based on what we are watching, maybe it should go on previous season's performance....
The database and cat b/ cat a system is in place to stop Oldfirm and Hearts fans buying tickets in the Hibs end.
If you want to go to a game it's pretty easy really.
If you want to go to a Cat A game you know the rules. There are no barriers really.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 07:26 PM
The database and cat b/ cat a system is in place to stop Oldfirm and Hearts fans buying tickets in the Hibs end.
If you want to go to a game it's pretty easy really.
If you want to go to a Cat A game you know the rules. There are no barriers really.

If you are a tourist/visitor to the city there are barriers that prevent you from going to a CAT A game!

S.sct
25-02-2012, 07:35 PM
If you are a tourist/visitor to the city there are barriers that prevent you from going to a CAT A game!

Exactly and it didn't stop Celtic punters buying tickets for our end last week.

TornadoHibby
25-02-2012, 07:38 PM
This the result and performance the marketing people have been waiting for...........................Season Ticket news on Monday? :greengrin

I doubt it and think that it will take some more similar results relatively consecutively before we hear any serious mention from the club about next season's ST's! :agree:

greenlex
25-02-2012, 07:53 PM
The rules are there to stop trouble. I think the benefits of a number of tourists turning up at a cat A game weighed up against trouble with away fans in beside Hibs fans is weighed heavily in favour of the system in place. There is far more potential for trouble and costs/ fines etc than making a few bob from the occasional tourist.

greenlex
25-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Exactly and it didn't stop Celtic punters buying tickets for our end last week.
If there was they would be identified and ejected.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 08:01 PM
The rules are there to stop trouble. I think the benefits of a number of tourists turning up at a cat A game weighed up against trouble with away fans in beside Hibs fans is weighed heavily in favour of the system in place. There is far more potential for trouble and costs/ fines etc than making a few bob from the occasional tourist.

I know why the rules are there, it doesn't take a genius however to put a system in place to enable visitors/tourists to our city to take in a game of football. Madness to turn away revenue generated in this way. It also doesn't take a genius to defeat the rules re the database if you are a Rangers/Celtic/Hearts fan as many have already done.

Badabing
25-02-2012, 08:11 PM
There were 5 or so punters that arrived late in the lower west last Sunday who didn't seem to know where they were going. They didn't look like the archetypal Celtic fans but I remember thinking at the time that they looked a bit strange,as far as I could see not one of them was wearing anything that identified what club they supported.

At The Edge
25-02-2012, 08:35 PM

I really think this is an avenue worth looking into. keep that section for that purpose and only people who have photo id on them can get a ticket for that area, keep an eye on the area during the game, make sure no infirm or hearts fans get in and Hibs have made a few extra bob, they may also head round to the club store for a wee souvenier before/after the game. kerching again!

Antifa Hibs
26-02-2012, 11:38 AM
The marketing team will be waiting for a result in Ayr. ST renewal forms will drop through the door on the Monday :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I said exactly the same on here a year or so ago..Had mates over from Ireland ( 26 to be exact) And each and everyone was turned away because they were not on the data base..This is absolute disgusting when Easter rd is 3 quarters empty week in week out, How the hell does this make sense???.

How many tourists do we turn away every other week cause they are not on the database?..Poor poor show.

Why didn't you buy their tickets?
There is no limit on the number of tickets you can purchase if you are on the database.
:confused:

hibb1
26-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Gotta say ill buy season tickets for me and the laddie regardless of anything,first division,second whatever ill support you evermore 👊

DH1875
27-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Why didn't you buy their tickets?
There is no limit on the number of tickets you can purchase if you are on the database.
:confused:

Is the limit for Cat A games not 6? Still he could have got them, put that 6 on the data base and then they could have bought 6 and so on and so on.
There's always Rangers and Celtic fans in our end when we play them :grr:.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Gotta say ill buy season tickets for me and the laddie regardless of anything,first division,second whatever ill support you evermore 👊

Me too. I would be gutted if we went down but I'm a Hibs supporter and that's what I do at the weekend.