PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying The Relegation Battle

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Now that the delusion of climbing into the top six has gone, I aim to enjoy the relegation battle with Dunfermline.

I hope it goes to the wire and we don't pull away before the split.

Would love to see both clubs pick up points along the way.

Sammy7nil
23-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Now that the delusion of climbing into the top six has gone, I aim to enjoy the relegation battle with Dunfermline.

GREAT STUFF :rolleyes:

:greengrin Seriously Bob if you think we have the stomach for a last day battle I think your wrong.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I expect many will agree, DBS.

Real competition it what the majority of fans crave, I've been reading recently.

:wink:

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 12:35 PM
At least we have something to play for post split. Last year the 5 games after the split were meaningless

soupy
23-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Well I'm schectin it already, never mind after the split :-)

fatbloke
23-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Would love to see both clubs pick up points along the way..

As long as at the end of the day we have won the war.

hughio
23-02-2012, 03:12 PM
OP's a masochist:confused:

madabouthibs
23-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm feeling a kinky fetish-like fancy for a final day capacity crowd relegatiin decider, with a cheeky wee day out at Hampden the week after.

marinello59
23-02-2012, 04:10 PM

:agree:
I hope the only way to seperate the teams at the end of the season is with an 'It's a Knockout' style contest on the pitch at Easter Road.

ShanksSaidNo
23-02-2012, 04:18 PM
There's a massive difference between games with a bit of meaning (challenging for Europe) and the challenge we face.

Missing out on Europe i could handle, losing our battle and getting relegated is unthinkable.

As many points as possible in the next 5 or 6 games and isolate Dunfermline at the bottom. The season we have endured so far I for one will be delighted to face post-split meaningless games!

hibsbollah
23-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Where there is love, there is pain.

Supporting Hibs would be no fun if it was all picnics in the Leith sunshine. This season has been the metaphysical equivalent of getting your head flushed down a restalrig cludgie in perpetuity, and i for one am thoroughly enjoying myself. It will make the inevitable silverware all the sweeter.

Bring on the next 90 minute fiasco :aok:

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I wasn't advocating relegation, but a dramatic tooth-and-nail battle with plenty of seesawing in which we survive and DAFC go down.

I must admit to being taken by the It's A Knockout idea though.

weonlywon6-2
23-02-2012, 05:42 PM

sadist:thumbsup:

HFC07
23-02-2012, 05:46 PM
i am not enjoying this at all, the possibility of 1st division football is not appealing at all

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2012, 06:02 PM
i am not enjoying this at all, the possibility of 1st division football is not appealing at all

No possibility at all of that happening. We'll smash DAFC and go on to lift the Scottish Cup.

HFC07
23-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm loving the optimism but I have to ask, have you been having a few afternoon shandy's?

Andy74
23-02-2012, 06:21 PM
At least we have something to play for post split. Last year the 5 games after the split were meaningless

Only they weren't. They helped get us where we are today n

The Green Goblin
23-02-2012, 06:35 PM
My fear is that results like last night's suggest that luck is against us. Who would have thought we would score 3 goals in a game and still lose?

Hibees07
23-02-2012, 06:55 PM
My fear is that results like last night's suggest that luck is against us. Who would have thought we would score 3 goals in a game and still lose?

It's Hibs, we've scored 6 goals in a game & still not won!

Hibercelona
23-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Anybody who's been following Hibs for any duration of time?

Luck isn't against us, we're just mince. If we go down, its because we've done it to ourselves.

stubble
23-02-2012, 07:22 PM

I believe this falls under the DADA syndrome: Denial; Anger; Depression and finally...Acceptance:cb

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 07:35 PM

:agree: Low Hanging Fruit Robert.

The_Todd
23-02-2012, 07:53 PM
:agree: Low Hanging Fruit Robert.

It's all too easy for Robert, as per.

frazeHFC
23-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Nah i agree in a way. It's horrible being down the bottom but it means so much more when we score than it would if we were mid table, and i am getting to as many away games as possible atm cos every game is huge!

Greendreamer
23-02-2012, 08:44 PM
As for the 'it's a knockout' ......WHEN do we get to play the 'joker' ?

fatbloke
23-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Top 10 would do me:greengrin

zlatan
23-02-2012, 09:00 PM
As for the 'it's a knockout' ......WHEN do we get to play the 'joker' ?

Been starting in goals most of the season.

Arf arf