PDA

View Full Version : Game v Dunfermline Post Split

The Sea-gull
23-02-2012, 11:09 AM
If, as looks likely, there is not much between the teams come the split, what is the betting that the fixtures computer magically makes this the second last or last game of the season so it can be billed as survival Saturday/Sunday by the TV companies.

I'm not actually sure if I'd rather have this game at ER as it should be given we have been to EEP twice this season or away. Our home form has been garbage and the pressure at ER on the day would be immense. They have been poor at home (though how nervy would it be if we get to this point and they had not managed to win a home game!!!) and their crowds have been poor so if it was away on a nice April or May spring day we might even out number the home fans. You would think that their fans would come out in force too. It would be a nervy day but the atmosphere at EEP would be electric with Hibs being roared on by a big away support.

Not so sure the atmosphere at Easter Road would be so great, stadium would probably not be anywhere near full and home games never have as good an atmosphere as a big away game at the best of times, never mind this sorry season.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 12:37 PM
How do you know we will be at home? We could end up going to East end park 3 times. If my calculations are right we have 2 at home/ 3 away post split

23-02-2012, 05:25 PM
The way things are going (neither teams picking up points) this game is huge. If it all came down to this one game, don't think my nerves could handle it! Mind you, being a hibs fan for so long i've had plenty experience of nervy encounters.

Would be a brilliant atmostphere at EEP and at least for the first time in ages we are actually fighting for something at the end of the season, although i would prefer it to be for europe!

GGTTH :flag:

DH1875
23-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Not so sure the atmosphere at Easter Road would be so great, stadium would probably not be anywhere near full and home games never have as good an atmosphere as a big away game at the best of times, never mind this sorry season.

I genuinely believe there'd be 16k + at ER if it really did come down to last game of the season, survival Sunday type thing.
Just to make sure, if and I know it's a big if we make the cup final I'd make the Dunfermline game all ticket and state that only fans who bought tickets can apply for the cup final tickets.

Eyrie
23-02-2012, 08:25 PM
How do you know we will be at home? We could end up going to East end park 3 times. If my calculations are right we have 2 at home/ 3 away post split
Given the position that the two clubs are in I think the SPL will try to make it at Easter Road to avoid any accusations of an unfair split between the two clubs.

Personally I couldn't care less where the game is played as long as we stay up.

LancashireHibby
23-02-2012, 09:38 PM
I was wondering about this earlier, is there any particular system for deciding whether it would be a home or away game or is just the luck of the draw?

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Absolutely none. I remember Hamilton and St Mirren complaining in the last few seasons that they had to go to their nearest rivals away 3 times in the same season.

barcahibs
23-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I was wondering about this earlier, is there any particular system for deciding whether it would be a home or away game or is just the luck of the draw?

I'm sure there's supposed to be some sort of system based on whoever it is that sets the fixtures making predictions on what teams will finish top and bottom six?

Sir David Gray
23-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm sure there's supposed to be some sort of system based on whoever it is that sets the fixtures making predictions on what teams will finish top and bottom six?

:agree: From memory, though, that only works if the same teams finish in the top six/bottom six every single season.

That rarely ends up being the case.

Barney McGrew
23-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Put your money on it being the second last game of the season

Eyrie
23-02-2012, 10:35 PM

There is some basis for how the games are allocated eg derbies (ours or the Ugly Sisters hatefest) so the same logic should be applied in this instance,

Of course, logic is not something we associate with the SPL.

Hainan Hibs
24-02-2012, 12:25 AM
I think we'd end up taking more to EEP than the Pars themselves.

Broken Gnome
24-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Hibs would cut ticket prices for a last day decider I'd imagine. No reason there shouldn't be a full home end.

Phil MaGlass
24-02-2012, 08:10 AM
For a relegation decider, I would say anything between 16-19 thou at ER.

PISTOL1875
24-02-2012, 06:59 PM

At thew start of the season , the SPL draw up a projected top and bottom 6.. teams that dont finish in there projected post split league get there fixtures swapped.....................

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I think we'd end up taking more to EEP than the Pars themselves.

About 1,000 Hibs should do it.

I wonder, seriously, how many DAFC would bring to ER? It would be great to think they could sell out the South Stand for such a crucial game, but I doubt it.

erin go bragh
24-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Could be the first sell out at the new er :wink: if the pars fill the south stand .
ggtth

ronaldo7
24-02-2012, 09:33 PM
About 1,000 Hibs should do it.

I wonder, seriously, how many DAFC would bring to ER? It would be great to think they could sell out the South Stand for such a crucial game, but I doubt it.

Their would probably be more yams in the South than pars fans.

LancashireHibby
25-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Could be a situation of segregating the South Stand for the first time in years (aside from when the East was being rebuilt) to satisfy demand for home tickets?! :wink: