PDA

View Full Version : Desperately unlucky

Dunbar Hibee
22-02-2012, 11:32 PM
That was my view on tonight. IMO we were better than them and should have scored a couple after they equalized. O'Connor and Sproule were ****ing terrible tonight and shouldn't start a game for the rest of the season. If we had Doyle and Soares on instead of those pair I think we would have won. But the fight we showed was brilliant I think, though I was disappointed that only 3 players came to clap the fans at the end as we had a fantastic turn out. Overall, we played well and I think if we take that to Rugby Park on Saturday we can take 3 points. GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2012, 11:43 PM
That was my view on tonight. IMO we were better than them and should have scored a couple after they equalized. O'Connor and Sproule were ****ing terrible tonight and shouldn't start a game for the rest of the season. If we had Doyle and Soares on instead of those pair I think we would have won. But the fight we showed was brilliant I think, though I was disappointed that only 3 players came to clap the fans at the end as we had a fantastic turn out. Overall, we played well and I think if we take that to Rugby Park on Saturday we can take 3 points. GGTTH

Not sure if we were better, but both teams served up some decent football, dont think we deserved to lose, on balance a draw would have been fairer....

I actually thought we defended brilliantly in 1st half, but capitulated somewhat in second.....

pacorosssco
22-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Not sure if we were better, but both teams served up some decent football, dont think we deserved to lose, on balance a draw would have been fairer....

I actually thought we defended brilliantly in 1st half, but capitulated somewhat in second.....
nerves?

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2012, 11:54 PM
nerves?

More like fundemental lapses in concentration which have cost us dearly.....

Andy74
23-02-2012, 12:19 AM
More like fundemental lapses in concentration which have cost us dearly.....

That's what happens when you are where we are. There is a lot of pressure on now and a lack of confidence.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2012, 12:27 AM
That's what happens when you are where we are. There is a lot of pressure on now and a lack of confidence.

Indeed

sesoim
23-02-2012, 12:40 AM

So we sign virtually a new defence, and suddenly they lack confidence. To me, it suggests that either he has signed duds, or he doesn't know how to organize them.

monktonharp
23-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I thought we were worth at least a draw, but typical Hibs,when you need a wee break ,it does not happen. when the well defender backpassed to his keeper, it ran past him and almost to O'connor, just almost. if that was at the other end, it would have been a goal! but, we looked very silly at the penalties,especially the 1st, and add to that we had Sproule,G Oc , and the pitbull playing keek. I've seen a tougher pit cat, never mind pitbull.

Andy74
23-02-2012, 12:42 AM
So we sign virtually a new defence, and suddenly they lack confidence. To me, it suggests that either he has signed duds, or he doesn't know how to organize them.

That depends what picture you want to paint eh?

IWasThere2016
23-02-2012, 06:21 AM
That depends what picture you want to paint eh?

And Jimmy C ain't no oil painting!

KeithTheHibby
23-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I thought we were worth at least a draw, but typical Hibs,when you need a wee break ,it does not happen. when the well defender backpassed to his keeper, it ran past him and almost to O'connor, just almost. if that was at the other end, it would have been a goal! but, we looked very silly at the penalties,especially the 1st, and add to that we had Sproule,G Oc , and the pitbull playing keek. I've seen a tougher pit cat, never mind pitbull.

We got a goal from the resulting corner.

I am not buying this unlucku nonsense, we defended like amatuers again.

Fenlon deserves some serious criticism too for changing his defence. If Kujabi was fit to be on the bench then he should have been playing, end of.

As for subbing Griffiths and not Sproule only he can answer that.

It is not just the players who are lacking confidence, throw Fenlon into that too.