PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Hibs and Pars fixtures till the split and after - who will survive?

GreenCastle
22-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Posted this on another thread but think it deserves it's own one. Things are getting real serious and it's a straight two club fight for survival.

See remaining fixtures below and thoughts on where we will survive ? It's a cliche but every game is a cup final and the players keep needing our support (I am as pi**d off as everyone else with performances and inconsistency!) - loan players or not - we have to get Fenlon through to the summer and stay in the SPL - I think the Pars will get a home win sometime soon so we need to start picking up more points.

Hibs remaining games before split -

Killie v Hibs - we have just beaten them - but will be a tough game and they will want revenge.

Hibs v St Mirren - winnable

Hearts v Hibs - would love a win and we are due a win against them but can't see it this season

Hibs v Dundee Utd - tough game

ICT v Hibs - we know our record in ICT

Hibs v Motherwell - revenge for tonight?

Pars remaining games before split -

St Johnstone v Pars

Pars v Motherwell

Pars v St Mirren (1st home win of season?)

Dundee United v Pars

Pars v Hearts - (1st or 2nd home win of season?)

After the split (we will be in bottom 6 100%) - can someone give me the possible games for both clubs?

I would except at some point Hibs to have...(assuming the league stays as it is right now)

Pars home - HUGE
ICT - home
Aberdeen - away
St Mirren - away
Kilmarnock - home

I think we will do enough to survive but seriously going to be a scrap till the last day I think - hopefully the players and club can prove me wrong as last year under CC I was worried and we had a good run to pull us away - we are due some momentum - only if we start going back to basics like the Killie cup game and that starts with defending properly.

I get the feeling some people want us to go down - this can't be allowed to happen - especially in this financial climate.

The Voice Of Reason
22-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Posted this on another thread but think it deserves it's own one. Things are getting real serious and it's a straight two club fight for survival.

See remaining fixtures below and thoughts on where we will survive ? It's a cliche but every game is a cup final and the players keep needing our support (I am as pi**d off as everyone else with performances and inconsistency!) - loan players or not - we have to get Fenlon through to the summer and stay in the SPL - I think the Pars will get a home win sometime soon so we need to start picking up more points.

Killie v Hibs - we have just beaten them - but will be a tough game and they will want revenge.

Hearts v Hibs - would love a win and we are due a win against them but can't see it this season

St Johnstone v Pars

Pars v Motherwell

Dundee United v Pars

After the split (we will be in bottom 6 100%) - can someone give me the possible games for both clubs?

I would except at some point

Pars home - HUGE
ICT - home
Aberdeen - away
St Mirren - away
Kilmarnock - home

I think we will do enough to survive but seriously going to be a scrap till the last day I think - hopefully the players and club can prove me wrong as last year under CC I was worried and we had a good run to pull us away - we are due some momentum - only if we start going back to basics like the Killie cup game and that starts with defending properly.

I get the feeling some people want us to go down - this can be allowed to happen - especially in this financial climate.

The bit in red - eh ?!?!? :confused::confused::confused:

GreenCastle
22-02-2012, 11:01 PM
The bit in red - eh ?!?!? :confused::confused::confused:

I think reading some posts - people genuinely want to say I told you so if we were to go down.

I am not the boards biggest fan BUT we have to pull together as a club these next few months - some of the threads after every game are depressing and way over the top - however I understand fans frustrations (all Hibs fans are frustrated right now!!) after paying well earned cash to support the players and management and getting little back.

Hibernia&Alba
22-02-2012, 11:02 PM
We have to believe we'll survive. Everyone does; the players, the fans, everyone. But our SPL status is now on a knife edge and we simply MUST start picking up points by hook or by crook very quickly or it could run away from us. Four league wins (in a poor SPL) from twenty-seven matches is outrageous really. We don't expect to be challenging for the league title, but we don't expect to be 50/50 to go down. Most SPL clubs are working with lesser resources and facilities. Some real bottle is now required; nobody hiding and passing responsibility. Every point could be crucial.

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2012, 11:28 PM
We have to believe we'll survive. Everyone does; the players, the fans, everyone. But our SPL status is now on a knife edge and we simply MUST start picking up points by hook or by crook very quickly or it could run away from us. Four league wins (in a poor SPL) from twenty-seven matches is outrageous really. We don't expect to be challenging for the league title, but we don't expect to be 50/50 to go down. Most SPL clubs are working with lesser resources and facilities. Some real bottle is now required; nobody hiding and passing responsibility. Every point could be crucial.

You are totally right, that is an absolutely shocking record for any Club in the SPL but for Hibs it is a record which could and should result in heads rolling at Board level. The position we are in is totally unacceptable.

On the positive side, the team showed a lot of spirit tonight although the defensive frailties remain. One thing's for sure we must all pull together as a Club for the remaining games of the season. Relegation is unthinkable but we won't avoid the drop if we start a witchhunt now. If we are relegated the Board's postition is untenable but even if we survive there has to be changes at the top and a complete change of direction IMO.

We must make sure we are never in this situation again.

GreenCastle
23-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Looking at our home record in the SPL only - we only have 1 win this season...that surely must be up there as being a Hibs record ? :confused:

That's either got to change soon or the team does better away from home under less pressure ?

c31
23-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I think we only have two games at home after the split, bet the SPL make us visit Dunfermline again..

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I think we only have two games at home after the split, bet the SPL make us visit Dunfermline again..we do, IF the positions remained what they are just now i think it would be

HOME v DUNFY
AWAY V ST.MIRREN
HOME V CALEY
AWAY V ABERDEEN
AWAY V KILLIE

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Pars home - HUGE
ICT - home
Aberdeen - away
St Mirren - away
Kilmarnock - home

I get the feeling some people want us to go down - this can't be allowed to happen - especially in this financial climate.

we will only have two home games i think

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 01:02 PM
we do, if the positions remained what they are just now i think it would be

HOME v DUNFY
AWAY V ST.MIRREN
HOME V CALEY
AWAY V ABERDEEN
AWAY V KILLIE

That will mean 3 away games to Killie in one season. Shows how stupid the split is!

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2012, 01:04 PM
That will mean 3 away games to Killie in one season. Shows how stupid the split is!i'm sure it works out like that for most teams in the league to be fair, does it not even out the following season, or sommit like that :greengrin

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I can imagine the SPL are worried with Hibs position. Imagine the SPL lleague next year if there are no Hibs and Rangers!
No Edinburgh or Glasgow Derby's to show, to be replaced by the Highland derby ICT v county, can't imagine Sky being impressed either.

killie-hibby
23-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I can imagine the SPL are worried with Hibs position. Imagine the SPL lleague next year if there are no Hibs and Rangers!
No Edinburgh or Glasgow Derby's to show, to be replaced by the Highland derby ICT v county, can't imagine Sky being impressed either.

Should Hibs be relegated, the club and supporters will grieve in solitude. There will be no campaigns by fellow SPL members,the media,establishment and politicians to change the rules so that we remain in the SPL. Alternatively if the Bigots are liquidated I can assure you heaven and earth will be moved so that they remain in the SPL. Double standards have always existed in Scottish football, solely to benefit the Bigot twins. The media consider RFC as victims, not cheats, despite their problems being self inflicted. Few tears will be shed for Hibs,a club trying to live within their means,being shafted by others who spend millions of pounds on players they cant afford, in order to win trophies or claim the ridiculous status of being the third force. Conversely there already is a wailing and nashing of teeth for "poor Rangers" "an institution we all want to survive."
No, I can never imagine the SPL being worried about Hibs.

Mikey
23-02-2012, 02:46 PM

If there's no Rangers then there will definitely be a Hibs. There will be no relegation and one team will come up.

The Sea-gull
23-02-2012, 04:11 PM

St Johnstone v Pars

Pars v Motherwell

Dundee United v Pars

I would except at some point Hibs to have...(assuming the league stays as it is right now)

Pars home - HUGE
ICT - home
Aberdeen - away
St Mirren - away
Kilmarnock - home

I think reading some posts - people genuinely want to say I told you so if we were to go down.

I am not the boards biggest fan BUT we have to pull together as a club these next few months - some of the threads after every game are depressing and way over the top - however I understand fans frustrations (all Hibs fans are frustrated right now!!) after paying well earned cash to support the players and management and getting little back.

Some people like who? Yams? Some fans of other clubs? The media? If you are suggesting there are Hibs fans out there and posting on here wanting us to go down so they can give it the big "I told you so" then I really do despair. Think that you are being a touch paranoid if this is what you think, no hibs fan, no matter how much they have critised and complained recently, wants their team to go down at all never mind just so they can say "I told you so."

frazeHFC
23-02-2012, 04:21 PM
If any Hibs fan honestly wants us to go down, they should be tied, gagged and locked away forever.

I think we will win one of our next 3 league away games, probably not at Tynie, but we need to start winning at home.

Since90+2
23-02-2012, 04:26 PM
If any Hibs fan honestly wants us to go down, they should be tied, gagged and locked away forever.

I think we will win one of our next 3 league away games, probably not at Tynie, but we need to start winning at home.

Good to see someone is feeling optimistic :greengrin

GreenCastle
23-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Some people like who? Yams? Some fans of other clubs? The media? If you are suggesting there are Hibs fans out there and posting on here wanting us to go down so they can give it the big "I told you so" then I really do despair. Think that you are being a touch paranoid if this is what you think, no hibs fan, no matter how much they have critised and complained recently, wants their team to go down at all never mind just so they can say "I told you so."

Don't despair :greengrin

Maybe I am seeing things but I am sure on here I have read posts recently with fans saying they would be happy to go down to Div 1 and it would be good for the club.

I agree though any true Hibs fan wants us to stay up - sometimes though reading on here the slating the manager / players / supporters get, you would think otherwise! :rolleyes: