PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

green glory
22-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Just home from Fir Park, despite the scoreline I'm still seeing a decent team beginning to take shape. I know we have to start getting points on the board, but with the exception of the Celtic game (glitch I hope) Hibs are clearly becoming harder to beat. In my opinion the ref lost us the game tonight, just like the last game at Pittodrie. Hang in there, and remember we still have a game in hand. GGTTH.

DaveF
22-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Just home from Fir Park, despite the scoreline I'm still seeing a decent team beginning to take shape. I know we have to start getting points on the board, but with the exception of the Celtic game (glitch I hope) Hibs are clearly becoming harder to beat. In my opinion the ref lost us the game tonight, just like the last game at Pittodrie. Hang in there, and remember we still have a game in hand. GGTTH.

You did notice we lost 4 goals in 25 minutes tonight? Or was your seat facing the other way :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2012, 11:14 PM
the referee indeed received a rather big cheer, when he gave us a foul near the end :agree:

Spike Mandela
22-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Unfortunately the game in hand when Dunfermline have a free week is away to Tynie.:paranoid:

dutchhibby
22-02-2012, 11:15 PM

conceding 9 in 2 games im glad someone thinks were decent :aok:

Albion Hibs
22-02-2012, 11:17 PM
i dont believe we are harder to beat. McPake was supposed to be the solid centre half, he has played a part in 4 goals during the rangers game, 5 against celtic and 4 tonight. Not singling him out but as the centre half there is no way I believe we are harder to beat. That said I think our problems so far this season have come from defending further up the pitch.

DaveF
22-02-2012, 11:19 PM
i dont believe we are harder to beat. McPake was supposed to be the solid centre half, he has played a part in 4 goals during the rangers game, 5 against celtic and 4 tonight. Not singling him out but as the centre half there is no way I believe we are harder to beat. That said I think our problems so far this season have come from defending further up the pitch.

Yes you are :greengrin

green glory
22-02-2012, 11:23 PM
You did notice we lost 4 goals in 25 minutes tonight? Or was your seat facing the other way :greengrin

We lost 2 goals in 25 minutes and refereeing errors/bias cost us another 2 and I'm not just talking about the penalties. Inconsistent in the extreme.

GreenCastle
22-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Hibs remaining games before split -

Killie v Hibs - we have just beaten them - but will be a tough game and they will want revenge.
Hibs v St Mirren - winnable
Hearts v Hibs - would love a win and we are due a win against them but can't see it this season
Hibs v Dundee Utd - tough game
ICT v Hibs - we know our record in ICT
Hibs v Motherwell - revenge for tonight?

Pars remaining games before split -

St Johnstone v Pars
Pars v Motherwell
Pars v St Mirren (1st home win of season?)
Dundee United v Pars
Pars v Hearts - (1st or 2nd home win of season?)

After the split (we will be in bottom 6 100%) - can someone give me the possible games for both clubs?

I would except at some point

Pars home - HUGE
ICT home
Aberdeen away
St Mirren away
Kilmarnock - home

Going to be a tense finish till the end of the season

The Voice Of Reason
22-02-2012, 11:57 PM

Sorry bud, but I think that is complete poppycock! Our "keystone cops" defending lost us the game tonight!

I thought the ref did pretty well (from what I could see from the back of the upper stand!)

Hainan Hibs
23-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Looking at that fixture list combined with our yearly capitulation post split I'm preparing myself for another great adventure.

DH1875
23-02-2012, 12:36 AM
The ref WAS shocking tonight but to blame him for our defeat is just stupid. McPake aside the defence were shocking and if Francomb isn't having nightmares about tonight, he should be.

Alex Trager
23-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately the game in hand when Dunfermline have a free week is away to Tynie.:paranoid:

Never seen the paranoid face before. Its the best i've ever seen and I sincerely applaud your use.

Now, on topic, yeah that's a rubbish fixture.
Thought the referee had a shocker.Blatant hand ball before the third

The Sea-gull
23-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Looking at that fixture list combined with our yearly capitulation post split I'm preparing myself for another great adventure.

Can it be classed as a capitualtion this year when we have not shown any sort of form the whole season. Maybe we will buck the trend this year and save our best form for the post split fixtures. We'll probably bloody need it then!

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Is it true that the ref is the brother of ex Motherwell player, Brian McLean?

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2012, 02:40 PM

He is indeed.....

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 02:54 PM
He is indeed.....

Oh good. :greengrin

BEEJ
23-02-2012, 07:45 PM

He is indeed.....
In any other walk of life, best practice would be to declare up front such associations and affiliations and thereafter to studiously avoid participating in activities where you might be open to accusations of not behaving even-handedly.

Not in the SFA, though, where such issues are but trivia to the blazers as they thumb through their holiday brochures planning their next free-gratis overseas jaunt with the international team.