Average goals per game conceded 2.5
equating to 1 goal conceded every 34 minutes
:cb

marinello59
22-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Why are you so pleased with yourself. ?

Ozyhibby
22-02-2012, 10:47 PM
It's ok, the players are going to hold a meeting on Friday ( cake day) and it should all be sorted by the weekend

Cameron1875
22-02-2012, 10:48 PM
:pfgwa!!

OP is obviously on a wind up mission. Yogi and Calderwood got us into this mess so we need to stick together to get out of it. Fenlon ain't going nowhere.

essexhibee
22-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes we know. Don't need statistics to tell us we've been *****. Need to get behind the team try and rebuild some of the players condfidence !!

hibsbollah
22-02-2012, 10:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Hes had FOUR games with his own players in.

Albion Hibs
22-02-2012, 10:51 PM
:pfgwa!!

OP is obviously on a wind up mission. Yogi and Calderwood got us into this mess so we need to stick together to get out of it. Fenlon ain't going nowhere.

I am not so sure. If results dont change quick then I would think the board have found themselves in yet another difficult situation.

As for some folk getting all excited about stats being put up, you need to calm down, it is all the rage on here, was under Hughes and calderwood, so should be no different for Fenlon.

stubble
22-02-2012, 10:55 PM

I ain't pleased with anything Hibernian this season...end of. The stats speak for themselves. draw your own conclusions. Don't turn the thread into something personal.:cb

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I ain't pleased with anything Hibernian this season...end of. The stats speak for themselves. draw your own conclusions. Don't turn the thread into something personal.:cb

"Stats speak for themselves"... "Draw your own conclusions".

That's the problem with stats.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I am not so sure. If results dont change quick then I would think the board have found themselves in yet another difficult situation.

As for some folk getting all excited about stats being put up, you need to calm down, it is all the rage on here, was under Hughes and calderwood, so should be no different for Fenlon.

Quite agree.

We are edging ever closer to the first Fenlon GTF thread.

Then the inevitable polls and stats. Then the annual pre Agm sacking.

Big Frank
22-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Played 12 Won 1 Drawn 2 lost 9
Goals for 12
Goals against 31
percentage wins 8.3%
Percentage draws 16.6%
Percentage defeats 75%
Average goals per game scored 1
equating to 1 goal scored every 90 minutes

:giruy:

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2012, 11:13 PM
"Stats speak for themselves"... "Draw your own conclusions".

That's the problem with stats.

Indeed.

Since this is only his SPL stats can someone post up his Scottish Cup stats as well? I'd like to draw some conclusions?

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2012, 11:14 PM
:giruy:

:hilarious

Hibbylad86
22-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Goals for 12
Goals against 31
percentage wins 8.3%
Percentage draws 16.6%
Percentage defeats 75%

Can you post Scottish cup results to compare? I don't get the point of this post. We know we are gash, it's not Fenlons fault. He has only had 4 games with his own players.

Ozyhibby
22-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Indeed.

Since this is only his SPL stats can someone post up his Scottish Cup stats as well? I'd like to draw some conclusions?

Think his 100% record is the best for over 100 years.

stubble
22-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Can you post Scottish cup results to compare? I don't get the point of this post. We know we are gash, it's not Fenlons fault. He has only had 4 games with his own players.

If it's of any interest: I am behind Fenlon more so than any other manager of these post CIS cup final years. Naked stats do not a comment make. They simply show the cold, stark figures behind performances. If posting stats upsets one or two, this is of no concern to me.:cb

Spike Mandela
23-02-2012, 12:54 AM
If it's of any interest: I am behind Fenlon more so than any other manager of these post CIS cup final years. Naked stats do not a comment make. They simply show the cold, stark figures behind performances. If posting stats upsets one or two, this is of no concern to me.:cb

The stats don't make good reading no matter which way you cut it.:boo hoo:

Hibernia&Alba
23-02-2012, 01:01 AM
The stats don't make good reading no matter which way you cut it.:boo hoo:

They're absolutely shocking, but there are mitigating factors.

Andy74
23-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Quite agree.

We are edging ever closer to the first Fenlon GTF thread.

Then the inevitable polls and stats. Then the annual pre Agm sacking.

And we wonder why nothing ever changes.

sesoim

He's just stating facts. And the facts are shocking.

Or are we not allowed to acknowledge these things?

basehibby
Goals for 12
Goals against 31
percentage wins 8.3%
Percentage draws 16.6%
Percentage defeats 75%

Scary reading on the face of it. Got to take a crumb of comfort from the fact that the defeats in the last 2 games have been against the two form teams in the league at the moment and that the 2 games prior to that yielded a couple of clean sheets.

Still nervous times though - Fenlon needs to start putting some points on the board sooner rather than later - a draw away vs Killie on sat would be welcome encouragement.

Andy74
23-02-2012, 01:17 AM
He's just stating facts. And the facts are ******g shocking.

Or are we not allowed to acknowledge these things?

A bit of context for balance wouldn't have gone amiss. I'm convinced there's a set of people who just want to ensure we start to turn against all things Hibs.

Fenlon is one of the positive things we have going for us right now and we would be idiots to try and change that.

sesoim
23-02-2012, 01:22 AM
:rolleyes:

Hes had FOUR games with his own players in.

We'll have to wait and see, but I am shocked by how little impact he has made. His record is actually worse than CC's. The standard of the SPL is abysmal - yet Fenlon has only conjured up 1 win in 11.

It says it all when some folk make out a 0-0 home draw against Aberdeen is progress. How low can we sink?

Andy74
23-02-2012, 01:24 AM
We'll have to wait and see, but I am shocked by how little impact he has made. His record is actually worse than CC's. The standard of the SPL is abysmal - yet Fenlon has only conjured up 1 win in 11.

It says it all when some folk make out a 0-0 home draw against Aberdeen is progress. How low can we sink?

The Aberdeen games actually illustrate perfectly the difference Fenlon is making.

sesoim
23-02-2012, 01:34 AM
A bit of context for balance wouldn't have gone amiss. I'm convinced there's a set of people who just want to ensure we start to turn against all things Hibs.

Fenlon is one of the positive things we have going for us right now and we would be idiots to try and change that.

I don't think anyone would want another managerial change (at the moment), but we should have won more than one league game under Fenlon given just how poor the league is at the moment. There are simply no excuses for us not starting to pick up points now.

If we haven't won by the break and we've slipped a few points behind Dunfermline, I can see us biting the bullet and appointing the guy we should have appointed ages ago - Jimmy Calderwood. It wont please some of the fans, but even the worst manager in the world should be able to get us at least a point a game, and Fenlon isn't even getting near that.

Beefster
23-02-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't think anyone would want another managerial change (at the moment), but we should have won more than one league game under Fenlon given just how poor the league is at the moment. There are simply no excuses for us not starting to pick up points now.

If we haven't won by the break and we've slipped a few points behind Dunfermline, I can see us biting the bullet and appointing the guy we should have appointed ages ago - Jimmy Calderwood. It wont please some of the fans, but even the worst manager in the world should be able to get us at least a point a game, and Fenlon isn't even getting near that.

Seriously, are you Jimmy Calderwood's love-child or something? You're obsessed. I just hope you've not got posters up around your house of the orange balloon (and I don't mean in the sectarian sense).

Andy74
23-02-2012, 02:50 AM

If we haven't won by the break and we've slipped a few points behind Dunfermline, I can see us biting the bullet and appointing the guy we should have appointed ages ago - Jimmy Calderwood. It wont please some of the fans, but even the worst manager in the world should be able to get us at least a point a game, and FenAon isn't even getting near that.

Dear God, no!

Steve20
23-02-2012, 06:16 AM
There is no point in changing the manager again. However, the stats are pretty awful.

Fenlon was brought in to keep us up this season and at the moment, he is not doing a great job. It's all about results just now and we can't win.

IWasThere2016
23-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Look at the plus side, you'll be able to ignore the facts and blame CC and get wet at the sight of Yogi at ER all over again! :wink:

I'll get to blame the Board!

Win:win (if only we could!!!) :greengrin

Pete
23-02-2012, 07:16 AM
This new mob of players have been together a matter of weeks. Nice stats but they are rubbish stats.

Fenlon should only be judged at the end of the season.

Part/Time Supporter
23-02-2012, 07:17 AM

The same Jimmy Calderwood who in his last SPL gig kept Kilmarnock up on goal difference?

Famous5forever
23-02-2012, 08:34 AM

All we can do is get behind the team we cant go changing manager again who would even consider the job if we did that lets give Paddy Time to sort out the mess he inherited:pfgwa

The Sea-gull
23-02-2012, 08:35 AM
The same Jimmy Calderwood who in his last SPL gig kept Kilmarnock up on goal difference?

That might just be how we end up staying in the league (if we do stay up and the "if" is getting bigger by the game).

Steve20
23-02-2012, 08:37 AM
All we can do is get behind the team we cant go changing manager again who would even consider the job if we did that lets give Paddy Time to sort out the mess he inherited:pfgwa

Don't think anyone is saying get rid of the manager but we don't have time. We are in real danger of going down and need results asap.

marinello59
23-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't think anyone is saying get rid of the manager but we don't have time. We are in real danger of going down and need results asap.

Is there a Hibs supporter anywhere who doesn't already know that? It's like telling us we play in green.

BEEJ
23-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Goals for 12
Goals against 31
percentage wins 8.3%
Percentage draws 16.6%
Percentage defeats 75%

Actually it's only 11 SPL fixtures "under Fenlon". Billy Brown took the team for the first match at Perth while Fenlon watched from the stands. PF had no influence over team selection and tactics for that fixture.

Could do with getting your stats correct before posting. :wink:

hibsbollah
23-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Yams at my work laughing at their Hibs mates on facebook calling for Fenlons head. Any chance of some level headed perspective please FFS?

marinello59
23-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Yams at my work laughing at their Hibs mates on facebook calling for Fenlons head. Any chance of some level headed perspective please FFS?

No.
Let's get a rabid mob together and stand outside the West Stand with a list of demands. Down with this sort of thing.

Sunny1875
23-02-2012, 09:30 AM

The 0-0 Draw at home to Aberdeen was the same result we achieved earlier in the season against them.But given how low we had slipped i would look on this as progress.

Pre 7th of January Our last win was against St Mirren in October. Pat Fenlon inherited one of the worst hibs sides i have ever seen. that would have been the side CC so kindly left us with.

Since Jan 7th (a week after the window opened ) the Record in all competition is W-3 D-1 L-4

2 of the wins and the draw have been against bottom six sides in the SPL

The losses To - St Johnstone 5th and level on points with Hearts in 4th with a game in hand so chasing European place , Rangers before their 10 point deduction and meltdown when they were breathing down Celtic's neck for the title.
Celtic, in their first match after Rangers administration more or less handed them the title.
And last night against a Motherwell side who post Rangers Admin. are now only 3 points adrift from them so while 12 points above the teams that trail them would have safely had 3rd sown up, are now realistically chasing 2nd place.

So YES progress has been made maybe not all we want but we are picking up points against the teams around us in the bottom six which like it or not is our level.

Beefster
23-02-2012, 10:38 AM

Have many folk on here actually said that he needs to go? Really? Or are some folk losing perspective themselves and equating asking questioning Fenlon's decisions with calling for his head?

Our form under Fenlon is worse than under Calderwood. I think folk are entitled to question some of his decisions. And if I read anyone else say "aye but performances are better", I'll scream and set fire to my dog (not really, RSPCA). We could have 11 great performances until the end of the season and still get relegated, it's points we need.

Since90+2
23-02-2012, 10:50 AM

If thats the case come the end of the season for us id be happy :agree:

Famous5forever
23-02-2012, 11:54 AM

We wont go down Dunfermline will go down we must focus on backing Paddy and the team Paddy needs time.
Next season will be a fresh start you will see us flying again:pfgwa

Craig_in_Prague
23-02-2012, 12:00 PM
For someone always going on about hard work and clean sheets, we have not been anywhere near good enough defensively. I thought we looked a bit more compact and with a good shape in his 1st few games......although results didn't quite go our way. Now we are chopping and changing the team (often forced) and we continue to lose too many goals, whilst we scored 3 last night, we are the lowest scorers this season (and conceded the most).
I won't blame Fenlon if we go down, but I am afraid I can honestly see us going down. Dunfermline will no doubt get a couple of results, where as I can't see us doing so.

Fans will be thinking that we'll stay up coz the Pars are worse, but I reckon from Pars perspective they'll be thinking they can capatlize on Hibs being so poor.

Whatever happens, I can't wait till this season is OVER. I am sick of it and it's torment.

Postman
23-02-2012, 12:14 PM
we continue to lose too many goals, whilst we scored 3 last night, we are the lowest scorers this season (and conceded the most).

This is incorrect, St Mirren are the lowest scorers with 25 and Dunfermline have conceded the most with 61. We are second worst in both areas

Craig_in_Prague
23-02-2012, 12:16 PM
This is incorrect, St Mirren are the lowest scorers with 25 and Dunfermline have conceded the most with 61. We are second worst in both areas

We must have been lowest scorers before last night then? Otherwise our BBC pundits are worse than i thought.

I just assumed we were the worse defense. It certainly feels like it !

marinello59
23-02-2012, 12:17 PM

So we are not even the best at being the worst. We really are pish.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Pretty obvious given that our goal difference is better than Dunfermline's - if we were the lowest scorers and conceded the most we'd be bottom of the league.

Postman
23-02-2012, 12:19 PM
We must have been lowest scorers before last night then? Otherwise our BBC pundits are worse than i thought.

I just assumed we were the worse defense. It certainly feels like it !

Before last night we were 1 behind St Mirren for goals scored and it is hard to believe that someone has conceded more than us! Dunfermline have actually conceded 7 more than us though, 11 prior to last night!!

Bad Martini
23-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I wasnt convinced about Fenlon before he arrived. I still reserve a small amount of scepticisim as to his ability to get us really moving up.

I do know this.

With what he's had, and what's gone before, I dont think ANY manager could have come in and done much more prior to January where he lost 5 games and took one draw (not counting the game against Motherwell which we were winning and which was abandoned) and then not counting the game 1 day after he come in the door, we're looking at three loses (one to rangers) and a draw PRE-transfer window.

Moving into January lets look at this OBJECTIVELY and remember my first paragraph on the man:

Hibernian 1-3 Hearts <<<< Shocker but never a 3-1 in it's life.
Cowdenbeath 2-3 Hibernian <<< No complaints?
Dunfermline 2-3 Hibernian <<< A hard fought (something we couldnt do a couple of months earlier i.e. fight) win away to a team also fighting for their lives
Hibernian 2-3 St Johnstone <<< Woeful defending cost us here...fact. Topsy turvy game that had a draw written over it.
Rangers 4-0 Hibernian <<< Gubbed, pure and simple. Expect not much more even against a **** rangers, theyre still miles better than us

Hibernian 1-0 Kilmarnock <<< Hard fought win again and a good one at that.
Hibernian 0-0 Aberdeen <<< Another good result in perspective
Hibernian 0-5 Celtic <<< Horsed off the pitch. Similar to rangers gubbing.
Motherwell 4-3 Hibernian <<< Dont know, wasnt there but from all accounts a draw was fair result. Score would agree

So, the stats dont actually show how close we've come. I ****ingwell know points make prizes but be under no illusions we've moved forward slightly. I AGREE we must move forward faster. I AGREE its not good enough. I still blame many things other than Fenlon and remember the **** players he inheritted and with ZERO morale.....

Bill Shankly had a rocky start at Anfield and we all know how that turned out. Ferguson had a similar start at Man Utd.

Lets see how we do with no stupid ****ing bans for our better players, less injuries and a bit of a run...

GLORY GLORY YA BASS

basehibby
23-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Before last night we were 1 behind St Mirren for goals scored and it is hard to believe that someone has conceded more than us! Dunfermline have actually conceded 7 more than us though, 11 prior to last night!!

Get an arithmetical grip chaps and chappettes - we are equal on points with Dunfermline - as we were before last night and indeed before last weekend. If at any point we had also been the lowest scorers AND highest conceders then we would have been bottom of the table on goal difference - we were not at any point in that position - ergo this cannot have been the case.

NB - some folks need to get the last two results into perspective - YES a loss is a loss but losing against the two form teams in the league does NOT somehow mean we have a team incapable of beating anybody.

It's going to be a nervy run in all right but there are a lot of games to go and they will NOT all be against teams that are currently flying. From what I have seen, the players Fenlon has brought in are an improvement and I expect that to translate itself into better results sooner rather than later.

Craig_in_Prague
23-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Get an arithmetical grip chaps and chappettes - we are equal on points with Dunfermline - as we were before last night and indeed before last weekend. If at any point we had also been the lowest scorers AND highest conceders then we would have been bottom of the table on goal difference - we were not at any point in that position - ergo this cannot have been the case.

NB - some folks need to get the last two results into perspective - YES a loss is a loss but losing against the two form teams in the league does NOT somehow mean we have a team incapable of beating anybody.

It's going to be a nervy run in all right but there are a lot of games to go and they will NOT all be against teams that are currently flying. From what I have seen, the players Fenlon has brought in are an improvement and I expect that to translate itself into better results sooner rather than later.

Worse home result in over 25 years (we've played many better Celtc teams than this one) and the 1st team to lose more than 3 at Fir Park in the SPL this season; It hardly points to improvement.

Point taken, that these defeats do not mean we cannot move forward and pick up some points against so called 'lesser teams' ....... Although, our record in that department (over the last few years in particular), don't fill me with hope.

Praying we might scrape the odd point, is sadly where we're at.

Beefster
23-02-2012, 02:28 PM

9 prior to last night.

Since90+2
23-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Worse home result in over 25 years (we've played many better Celtc teams than this one) and the 1st team to lose more than 3 at Fir Park in the SPL this season; It hardly points to improvement.

Point taken, that these defeats do not mean we cannot move forward and pick up some points against so called 'lesser teams' ....... Although, our record in that department (over the last few years in particular), don't fill me with hope.

Praying we might scrape the odd point, is sadly where we're at.

Its also the same Celtic side who went to Tynecastle and humped Hertz 4-0. And yes we did concede 4 at Fir Park but we also put 3 past the 3rd best side in the league on their own patch so its really how you choose to look at the results.

Craig_in_Prague
23-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Its also the same Celtic side who went to Tynecastle and humped Hertz 4-0. And yes we did concede 4 at Fir Park but we also put 3 past the 3rd best side in the league on their own patch so its really how you choose to look at the results.

Not sure with the fascination of comparing results with Hearts, yes they also got beat heavily but I'm a Hibs fan and fact is it was our worse defeat at ER for 25+ years.... Hearts losing 0-4, makes me feel no better.

Yesterday was possibly unlucky but the fact is we lost 4 goals and achieved 0 points.

9 goals in a few days.

Looking for positives, believe it or not, but struggling to find them.

Beefster
23-02-2012, 05:00 PM

The same Celtic who only put two past Dunfermline, three days after tonking us. It's pointless comparing results to anyone else.

IWasThere2016
23-02-2012, 07:40 PM
The same Celtic who only put two past Dunfermline, three days after tonking us. It's pointless comparing results to anyone else.

Yup - however, we have not progressed as we should have. The four horse race has become two as ICT and Aberdeen have won games. I remain worried about us - despite signs of better play!

Famous5forever
24-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Yup - however, we have not progressed as we should have. The four horse race has become two as ICT and Aberdeen have won games. I remain worried about us - despite signs of better play!

Yes agreed it is now a 2 horse race but we have the advantage of a Home game V Dunfermline on our side plus we beat them recently at East End Park.

Spike Mandela
24-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Yes agreed it is now a 2 horse race but we have the advantage of a Home game V Dunfermline on our side plus we beat them recently at East End Park.

Their is no guarantee it will be a home game unfortunately.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2012, 01:18 PM

There's no guarantee but they usually manipulate the computer to make sure it's "fair" for direct competitors. I'd be very surprised if we don't get them at home after the split.

TBH I don't think it'll matter - we'll be well clear by then anyway, it'll be ICT that Dunfermline are chasing by then...

Famous5forever
24-02-2012, 02:49 PM

They have not one a home game all season anyway so it would not make any difference to the outcome plus the atmosphere was great when we beat them 3-2 over the bridge recently.:pfgwa

JimBHibees
24-02-2012, 04:04 PM
There's no guarantee but they usually manipulate the computer to make sure it's "fair" for direct competitors. I'd be very surprised if we don't get them at home after the split.

TBH I don't think it'll matter - we'll be well clear by then anyway, it'll be ICT that Dunfermline are chasing by then...

I agree with that I dont think there is any way relegation rivals would have such an imbalance of home to away games agaisnt each other.

I personally agree with the second part also certainly hope so anyway. :greengrin

PatHead
25-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Goals for 12
Goals against 31
percentage wins 8.3%
Percentage draws 16.6%
Percentage defeats 75%

Update
Played 13 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 9
Goals for 15
Goals against 32
Percentage wins 15.4%
Percentage draws 15.4%
Percentage defeats 69.2%
Average Goals scored 1.25
Average Goals conceded 2.46

Getting better, here is hoping nest week will see another step.:flag:

Sunny1875
25-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Progress ongoing - another good result against a bottom six side.

p.s.
by the time we play Hertz they may have joined us in the bottom six

BEEJ
25-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Update
Played 13 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 9
Goals for 15
Goals against 32
Percentage wins 15.4%
Percentage draws 15.4%
Percentage defeats 69.2%
Average Goals scored 1.25
Average Goals conceded 2.46

Getting better, here is hoping nest week will see another step.:flag:
Sorry to be a pedant but post #36 applies - Fenlon was not in charge of the side at Perth on 26 November.

So Pat Fenlon's record is now:

Played 12 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 8
Goals for 14
Goals against 29
Percentage wins 16.7%
Percentage draws 16.7%
Percentage defeats 66.7%
Average Goals scored 1.17
Average Goals conceded 2.42

PatHead
25-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Sorry to be a pedant but post #36 applies - Fenlon was not in charge of the side at Perth on 26 November.

So Pat Fenlon's record is now:

Played 12 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 8
Goals for 14
Goals against 29
Percentage wins 16.7%
Percentage draws 16.7%
Percentage defeats 66.7%
Average Goals scored 1.17
Average Goals conceded 2.42

Pedant back. Was still appointed manager and therefore in charge

Eyrie
25-02-2012, 08:07 PM
He had no involvement in that game at St Johnstone, so he can't have the result held against him.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Tell me thus stattos...

When was the last time we won against killie away in the league?

S.sct
25-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Fxxx sake there needs to be a bit of a wake up call here. We as a club have been going backwards for some time now. Bad decisions both in strategy and personnel have cost us but...... I think a good appointment has finally been made in PF. Give the guy time and forget the short term stats. Fergi would struggle with what he's had to work with.

Wotherspiniesta
25-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Tell me thus stattos...

When was the last time we won against killie away in the league?

We beat them 0-2 under Collins IIRC. It was an evening kick off, Sproule scored. We were playing in that dark green kit.

BEEJ
26-02-2012, 12:15 AM
No.

He left it to Brown to manage the team for that first game and had no part in either team selection or tactics, preferring to watch from the stand. Did not take his first squad training session until the following Monday.

IWasThere2016
26-02-2012, 06:34 AM
No.

He left it to Brown to manage the team for that first game and had no part in either team selection or tactics, preferring to watch from the stand. Did not take his first squad training session until the following Monday.

This.

sahib
26-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Fenlon has got the measure of Kilmarnock, at any rate.

Hibercelona
26-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Fenlon has got the measure of Kilmarnock, at any rate.

So has Dunfermline. They won 3-0 there. :wink: