PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid Of East Mains!!

hfc rd
22-02-2012, 09:26 PM
As it says on the title of this thread. Ever since we moved there, it has just gone all down. Do our players just use this as a leisure centre, where they can just come in and put their feet up and pretend that everything is fine. Bring back the old public parks as our players back then looked so fit and it showed on the matchdays.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-02-2012, 09:27 PM
get rid *of* East Mains.

Since1875
22-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I have been to East Mains on more than one occasion for a look round. If that is the reason we are as poor as we are i would be amazed. The only other teams in the SPL that have these full time training grounds seem to do OK.
Full time chefs, indoor and outdoor areas, state of the art gym? What more do we need?

Ok, yes the XBOX room could go :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
:confused: change the record.

Whilst I said at the time the move was mooted it would be no silver bullet I think continually blaming our downfall on facilities misses the point.

hfc rd
get rid *of* East Mains.

Apologies. I am so angry that I forgot on concentrating on my grammar.

hfc rd
22-02-2012, 09:37 PM
I have been to East Mains on more than one occasion for a look round. If that is the reason we are as poor as we are i would be amazed. The only other teams in the SPL that have these full time training grounds seem to do OK.
Full time chefs, indoor and outdoor areas, state of the art gym? What more do we need?

Ok, yes the XBOX room could go :wink:

Yes I understand where you are coming from. But look at the players we produced back then. The golden generation and we made a £20M or so profit.

SMAXXA
22-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes I understand where you are coming from. But look at the players we produced back then. The golden generation and we made a £20M or so profit.

We got lucky with the golden generation and anyone who thinks they wouldlnt have been brought through if we had EM back then are kiddin themself on.

Aye go back ti the days of a convoy of cars and mini buses driving about trying to find a bit gress free of dug ***** to train on will work a treat.

We have more to worry about than a state of the art training facility in the modern day, we just don't have a team worthy of it sadly. That may change in the coming years I hope.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2012, 09:51 PM

:rolleyes: "forgot to concentrate"

:hilarious

Dinkydoo
22-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Get rid of East Mains!

..........because there seems to be no other logical answer to our problems :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
22-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Quite how getting rid of East Mains would help is beyond me.

It's the quality of players that's been the problem, not the facilities.

Since1875
22-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Fair Comment however i dont think this can be put down to a training ground. I think good coaches/managment contributed to these players coming along as well as winners on the park who would not stand for the rubbish we see today.

TheEastTerrace
22-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Quite how getting rid of East Mains would help is beyond me.

It's the quality of players that's been the problem, not the facilities.

Exactly, for years all we heard was 'just think how good these players would be with great training facilities'. Baws

It's a factor, aye, but the coaching and player commitment to improvement, development and excellence are where it counts.

Big Frank
22-02-2012, 10:19 PM
As it says on the title of this thread. Ever since we moved there, it has just gone all down. Do our players just use this as a leisure centre, where they can just come in and put their feet up and pretend that everything is fine. Bring back the old public parks as our players back then looked so fit and it showed on the matchdays.

:rotflmao:

Hibbylad86
22-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Are you serious?!?!!!! Getting rid of east mains does what exactly? You assume the return to public parks will instantly improve results, we go unbeaten for the rest of the season? Aye okay then!!

FFS!!!

marinello59
22-02-2012, 10:39 PM

We are losing matches despite having a training ground fit for purpose, not because of it. Go back to public parks? Aye, right.

The Voice Of Reason
22-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I do not agree with getting rid of East Mains.

What I would say though is the players need to realise how lucky they are! I do not think the odd day running up and down Gullane sand dunes (when it is cold and windy) would do this shower of losers any harm at all !

broonie27
22-02-2012, 11:32 PM

So the teams form is now the fault of an inanimate object. This has to be one of the worst posts I've even seen on this board. I can't believe people are giving it credence with replies. (says the guys replying to it).

Captain Trips
23-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I am not a fan of the scale of East Mains in relation to our club, I said at time and now that East Mains is OTT, to big and to expensive, a facility could have been done that was smaller and cheaper that would still have been acceptable.

East Mains will not make us any better nor will it make us worse, we will only be as good as the players the manager signs or the scouts uncover, the only think I think EM costs us now is if we spent less then on it the money saved there could have been used for part of stadium build and we would have something left over.

We are doing badly due to the players we have playing here just now.

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 12:33 PM

:not worth:faf:

hibs4life
23-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Yawn.....
:zzzzz!:
Our current predicament is frustrating for us all but I suspect having our players turning up in mini buses to train at public parks may not be the answer to all our ills.

DH1875
23-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Maybe would should offer it to Dunfermline to use free of charge between now and the end of season :rolleyes:.

hstn747
23-02-2012, 09:34 PM
We should get rid of it if it is the case that the cost of running it is reducing our budget for players significantly. We should not be struggling to outbid other SPL teams (Outside OF & Hearts) for players. We clearly are unable to afford players that are good enough for the top six.

Many other SPL teams are able to use cheaper community facilities and are not responsible for ALL the running costs.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2012, 09:53 PM
lol

lucky
23-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Some belting posts on here. East Mains is expensive to run! Can someone post facts about the cost of running it? I'm loving the witch hunt against a training facility lol

Twa Cairpets
23-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Last time there was a thread of this type it prompted me to post about the mind-boggling stupidity of some of the posts on this forum.

People are entitled to their opinions, sure, but when those opinions are so ludicrous and ill conceived as the OP they need to be treated with contempt and ridiculed. For the umpteenth time, correlation and causality are not the same thing - look it up.

I'm pleased most of the people on this thread have been in the "dinnae talk oot yer erky" camp, but its depressing that its not 100%.

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2012, 11:09 PM
We got relegated more than once when East Mains was just a collection of fields. Wheres the logic ?

Sean1875
23-02-2012, 11:17 PM

I was about to post a judging comment but this has just cheered me right up for some reason, so easily amused clearly :greengrin

monktonharp
23-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Some belting posts on here. East Mains is expensive to run! Can someone post facts about the cost of running it? I'm loving the witch hunt against a training facility lolexactly. we dont hire it, the club owns it, just as it owns the stadium,though some might say it's now too big:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
24-02-2012, 06:12 AM
our players aren't fit - so lets take away there gym
Our players can't pass - lets take away the training pitches
Our players can't score - lets take away there dealers

I mean who comes up with this ****:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2012, 07:38 AM
I was about to post a judging comment but this has just cheered me right up for some reason, so easily amused clearly :greengrin

I was going to suggest that the school he goes to is shut down as it obviously isn't helping him understand the English language - it seems as if it's a drain on the taxpayer. It's an unnecessary cost IMO.

Caversham Green
24-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Some belting posts on here. East Mains is expensive to run! Can someone post facts about the cost of running it? I'm loving the witch hunt against a training facility lol

That can be broadly assessed from the accounts by the change in other operating costs and numbers of non-football staff employed by the club. There are other factors, so it's not conclusive.

2006-07 was the last season before the training centre was opened - OOC were £3,964,932, and there were 36 non-football staff. The numbers for 2010-11 were £3,382,441 and 31. The 2006-07 figures have only been exceeded in one subsequent year (2007-08) by £110k and one member of staff.

matty_f
24-02-2012, 08:14 AM
I was going to suggest that the school he goes to is shut down as it obviously isn't helping him understand the English language - it seems as if it's a drain on the taxpayer. It's an unnecessary cost IMO.
:faf:

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2012, 08:36 AM

How exactly did you come to this conclusion, what methodology did you use in your due dalliance and are you willing to share with us the outcome, i suppose you had full access to the facility to come to this outcome and belief?

J-C
24-02-2012, 08:43 AM
One thing that has annoyed me about East Mains is the fact that Fenlon and Billy brown said that the players were totally unfit when they arrived, yet we have the state of the arts training complex, are they getting pampered down there or is a trip in the mini bus down to Silverknowes neede to shake them into life.

Gatecrasher
24-02-2012, 08:51 AM
That can be broadly assessed from the accounts by the change in other operating costs and numbers of non-football staff employed by the club. There are other factors, so it's not conclusive.

2006-07 was the last season before the training centre was opened - OOC were £3,964,932, and there were 36 non-football staff. The numbers for 2010-11 were £3,382,441 and 31. The 2006-07 figures have only been exceeded in one subsequent year (2007-08) by £110k and one member of staff.

Would this mean they have made cuts elsewhere to accomodate the opening of the training centre?

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2012, 08:56 AM
One thing that has annoyed me about East Mains is the fact that Fenlon and Billy brown said that the players were totally unfit when they arrived, yet we have the state of the arts training complex, are they getting pampered down there or is a trip in the mini bus down to Silverknowes neede to shake them into life.

Surely your not that daft, surely it is the person running the sessions that is at fault and not the facility itself. :rolleyes:

Caversham Green
24-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Would this mean they have made cuts elsewhere to accomodate the opening of the training centre?

In truth it's just a statistic and you have to draw your own conclusions/make your own assumptions from it. I would find it very difficult to use in support of an argument that East Mains is expensive to run though.

dangermouse
24-02-2012, 10:21 AM
our players aren't fit - so lets take away there gym
Our players can't pass - lets take away the training pitches
Our players can't score - lets take away there dealers

I mean who comes up with this ****:rolleyes:

How did the grammar police miss this? :wink:

Kaiser_Sauzee
24-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Can we at least fix the spelling on the thread title, before I grind my teeth into dust? :giruy:

HNA4
24-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Can we at least fix the spelling on the thread title, before I grind my teeth into dust? :giruy:

Off course we can.

Gatecrasher
24-02-2012, 11:07 AM
In truth it's just a statistic and you have to draw your own conclusions/make your own assumptions from it. I would find it very difficult to use in support of an argument that East Mains is expensive to run though.

Thanks, I was just thinking it would be a sensible thing to do cut down on one thing to allow expansion in another.

I for one think having a training centre is a good thing and "getting rid" of it would be a backwards step by the club.
The centre its self isnt at fault for the situation we find our selfs its the management and players who should be sharing the blame.