PDA

View Full Version : Do the players realise our situation?

Newhaven
22-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Weve been in serious trouble for a while now but it seems the players are only now realising our situation and the likelihood of being in Division One.

Do the supporters branches need to write another letter to the players :confused:

Were really getting good at the self destruction button at the club now - 2 penalties in one game and an equaliser about 1 second into the second half :boo hoo:

Steve20
22-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe it's just a case that the players are not good enough to stay up. Or dare I say, the management might not be good enough to keep us up either.

Westie1875
22-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Weve been in serious trouble for a while now but it seems the players are only now realising our situation and the likelihood of being in Division One.

Do the supporters branches need to write another letter to the players :confused:

Were really getting good at the self destruction button at the club now - 2 penalties in one game and an equaliser about 1 second into the second half :boo hoo:

This has been my biggest concern for a while now, they clearly didn't think we were in serious danger and are just now starting to wake up to it which may be too late. I am also amazed to see a few people on here suggesting that they only now think we are in danger after tonight, too many heids have been in the sand for the past few months IMO.

leither17
22-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Caught an interview with Wotherspoon yesterday and he said it was just starting to hit home the position we are in but it should have earlier too ****ing right it should have we have been mince the whole season and everyone has known for months where we are heading

Famous5forever
22-02-2012, 09:11 PM
This has been my biggest concern for a while now, they clearly didn't think we were in serious danger and are just now starting to wake up to it which may be too late. I am also amazed to see a few people on here suggesting that they only now think we are in danger after tonight, too many heids have been in the sand for the past few months IMO.

We will beat Dunfy at home they are crap it will be okay lets get to next season and let Paddy sort it out.:pfgwa

mikeyriley
22-02-2012, 09:12 PM
For all that were raving about these loan signings after the killie game, wake up and realise from the coaching staff to the players we r a very ***** side with players that couldn't care. The majority won't b at hibs next season. Usual last minute panick signings from the board

stanton10
22-02-2012, 09:15 PM
We will beat Dunfy at home they are crap it will be okay lets get to next season and let Paddy sort it out.:pfgwa

Not sure if he can my doubts,

Hibercelona
22-02-2012, 09:17 PM

Way too many. :agree:

Some people still don't believe that we could face going down. They still go by the belief that dunfermline are worse, when really, theres nothing to really suggest that they are.

I think the players are aware of the situation, but many just don't care as much about it as the fans do. Why would they? They're the one's being paid, not the one's paying. Most of them haven't followed Hibs ever in their lives and just view Hibs as another pitt stop in their careers.

Beefster
22-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Never mind the players, there's a lot of supporters don't realise.

We lost heavily to Celtic and lots of folk on here said "Never mind, they're the champions and we never had a chance. Games against Motherwell are more important"

Now, we've lost against Motherwell, folk are saying "Never mind, they're in 3rd place. Games against Killie and St Mirren are more important."

There has to come a point when everyone realises that we're in the **** and who goes down will come down to who is least worst of us and Dunfermline. I'm fed up hearing "we won't go down", "we're too good to go down", "our squad is better on paper" and similar nonsense. It's like 199-****ing-8 all over again. Except we had better players then.

Hibercelona
22-02-2012, 09:19 PM

We got hammered 5-0 on our own patch by those smelly bassas, where as dunfermline managed to hold it to a respectable 2-0 on the smellies patch. Not to mention that we've failed to beat Dunfermline in both games we've played against them this season.

Where are fans getting the distorted idea that Dunfermline are worse than us?

TornadoHibby
22-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Never mind the players, there's a lot of supporters don't realise.

We lost heavily to Celtic and lots of folk on here said "Never mind, they're the champions and we never had a chance. Games against Motherwell are more important"

Now, we've lost against Motherwell, folk are saying "Never mind, they're in 3rd place. Games against Killie and St Mirren are more important."

There has to come a point when everyone realises that we're in the **** and who goes down will come down to who is least worst of us and Dunfermline. I'm fed up hearing "we won't go down", "we're too good to go down", "our squad is better on paper" and similar nonsense. It's like 199-****ing-8 all over again. Except we had better players then.

:top marks

What he said!

nonshinyfinish
22-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Not to mention that we've failed to beat Dunfermline in both games we've played against them this season.

True, assuming that you don't count the game where we beat them.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-02-2012, 09:23 PM
We got hammered 5-0 on our own patch by those smelly bassas, where as dunfermline managed to hold it to a respectable 2-0 on the smellies patch. Not to mention that we've failed to beat Dunfermline in both games we've played against them this season.

Where are fans getting the distorted idea that Dunfermline are worse than us?

We beat them 3-2 at East End Park last month. :wink:

But I agree with what you are saying, there is nothing to suggest we are any better than them. This relegation battle is going to go right down to the wire. The game against them after the split is likely to be the decider.

HFC 0-7
22-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I know why people are saying we shouldn't read to much into when getting beat by teams above us like Motherwell. Problem, there are 10 teams above us so realistically we need to take points off teams above us so we can't really write games off because the team that beat us are better.

Fergos
22-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I do believe we have better players than Dunfermline....we just ain't doing it where it matters on the pitch......

Getting beat tonight is made harder in relation to the nature of how the game unfolded, we go ahead then make a scrap of it with too little time to go after conceding 2 pens and to an overhead kick......so very typical us.....

I still believe we will stay up....but it's gonna be tighter then tight.

Hibernian Forever -1875.

S.sct
22-02-2012, 09:47 PM
For all that were raving about these loan signings after the killie game, wake up and realise from the coaching staff to the players we r a very ***** side with players that couldn't care. The majority won't b at hibs next season. Usual last minute panick signings from the board

Would you rather we had stuck with the jokers we had before January? I agree we are poor but doing nothing would have resulted in nothing. We both know the problems go far deeper than the past few months.

stubble
22-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Look at it this way: Putting professional pride aside and maybe a chance to shine, would any of us be that bothered if the team we are loaned to is relegated? After all, we are not playing for our futures, and we can return to our own club and to a nice salary and not have to worry about wars of attrition in the Scottish 2nd tier:cb